Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

What Motivates You To Worship God??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Motivates You To Worship God??? (13239 Views)

As A Nairalander, What Motivates You To Go To Church? / Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? / Is It Right to Worship The Picture Of Brian Deacon(Jesus)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Motivates You To Worship God??? by yommyuk: 1:00pm On Sep 23, 2012
What do you do when no one pats you on the back? You work hard, yet no one seems to notice your effort.
Are you seeking the approval of man in your service?

Matthew 6:1
Watch out! Don’t do your good deeds publicly, to be admired by others, for you will lose the reward from your father in heaven.”

Are you motivated for a position or seeking a high ranking status in order to receive respect from the world? Watch out! The spirit of the Pharisees is at work.

Matthew 23: 5
“Everything they do is for show. On their arms they wear extra wide prayer boxes with Scripture verses inside, and they wear robes with extra long tassels. ............. “They love to receive respectful greetings as they walk in the marketplaces, and to be called RABBI.

Do you think God owes you something for all the effort and money you have contributed?

1 Chronicles 29:14, 16
“But who am I and my people that we could give anything to you? Everything we have has come from you, and we give only what you first gave us! ......................... “O Lord, our God, even this material we have gathered to build a Temple to honour your holy name comes from you! It all belongs to you!

Romans 11:33-36
“Oh how great are God’s riches and wisdom and knowledge. How impossible it is for us to understand his decisions and his ways! For who can know the Lord’s thoughts? Who knows enough to give him advice? And who has given him so much that he needs to pay it back? For EVERYTHING COMES FROM HIM and exits by his power and is intended for his glory. All glory to him forever! Amen.”

ADVICE
Sometimes, doing the will of God can bring forth persecution, hatred or temporal difficulty and pain. Fret not.

1 Peter 3:13-17
Now who will want to harm you if you are eager to do good? But even if you suffer for doing what is right, God will reward you for it. So don’t worry or be afraid of their THREATS. Instead, you must worship Christ as the Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it............. Keep your conscience clear. Then if people speak against you, they will be ashamed when they see what a good life you live because you belong to Christ. Remember it is better to suffer for doing good, if that is what God wants, than to suffer for doing wrong.

WHAT IS REQUIRED

Ecclesiastes 12:13
That’s the whole story. Here now is my final conclusion. Fear God and obey his commands, for this is everyone’s duty.

WILL YOUR RIGTHEOUS DEEDS BE IGNORED?

No!!!!!!!

Hebrews 6:9-12
“For God is not unjust. He will not forget how hard you have worked for him and how you have shown your love to him by caring for other believers, as you still do. Our great desire is that you will KEEP ON LOVING others as long as life last, in order to make certain that what you hope for will COME TRUE. Then you will not become spiritually dull and indifferent. Instead you will follow the examples of those who are going to INHERIT God’s promises because of their faith and endurance."

WHAT SHOULD BE YOUR MOTIVATION?

Galatians 1:10
“Obviously, I am not trying to win the approval of people, but of God. If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ’s servant.”

JOB 35: 5-8
“Look up into the sky, and see the clouds high above you. If you sin, how does that affect God? Even if you sin again and again, what effect will it have on him? If you are good, is this some great gift to him? What could you possibly give him? No, your sins affect only people like yourself, and you good deeds also affect only humans.”

DEUT 10:12-13
“And now, Israel, what does the LORD you God require of you? He requires only that you fear the LORD your God, and live in a way that pleases him, and love him and serve him with all your heart and soul. And you must always obey the Lord’s commands and decrees that I am giving you today for YOUR OWN GOOD.”

Matthew 22:36-38
“Teacher, which is the most important commandment in the Law of Moses?”
Jesus replied. “You MUST LOVE the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and your entire mind. This is the first and greatest commandment.

CONCLUSION

Bind your life to the Almighty God, who is your creator that gave you the breath of life. Do his prefect will by worshiping him just because he loved you first and you want to love him back.

For the Lord who hears the prayers of the righteous in secret shall reward US openly IJMN – AMEN!

Keep fighting the good fight of faith.

God bless
wink

11 Likes

Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by seedord247(m): 1:52pm On Sep 23, 2012
Because he's the reason why you and i are still alive today.
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by k2039: 1:53pm On Sep 23, 2012
[size=13pt]I am saved by grace and grace alone, therefore I am thankful to God for that grace.My good works don't save me, they're a show of my thankfulness and love to a father who showed me His grace
Jesus Christ not only died for my sins, He died for ME.He not only died FOR me, He died IN MY PLACE.He faced the death that I as a sinner should have to face.I OWE HIM MY WHOLE LIFE

[/size]

2 Likes

Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by Denningtedy(m): 1:57pm On Sep 23, 2012
His sovereignty.....

1 Like

Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by LordBabs(m): 2:04pm On Sep 23, 2012
Does god exist?

4 Likes

Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by Deiok(m): 2:06pm On Sep 23, 2012
Hmm... i dont understand this kind of question. Something shoudnt motivate us to worship God. We worship God because he is the creator. And all praise need to be rendered unto him.
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 23, 2012
I am motivated by the creation of the universe,no scientific explanation has been able to give a graphic details of how the earth came into existence...God is awesome,I can't do without my prayer every morning.being alive today is a testimony,if Yaradua can die,who am I not to worship him.
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by lonlytroy(m): 2:09pm On Sep 23, 2012
Baba God is just tooo Good to me and i will forever worship him

1 Like

Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by reeeT(f): 2:10pm On Sep 23, 2012
Because he watches over me,guides and protect me from the evils in this world.more importantli,my faith motivates me becos i trueli belief dat he is the one and true God....
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 23, 2012
Nothing you do will make God more Godlier....everything you do is for your life. He said He is can raise up stones to do what He wants. Its a choice He gave to you & He is asking you to serve Him even. Remember you will give account of the life you lived....(apostle Paul's conviction was that he was free from the blood of all men & that he had fought a good fight of faith). If you go for a service on time it is for you, if you sweep the church well, it is for your own good. Be Wise!
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by Psylas(m): 2:12pm On Sep 23, 2012
Lord Babs: Does god exist?
ask google

1 Like

Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by alphaconde(m): 2:12pm On Sep 23, 2012
Cus I have no power of my own

1 Like

Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by Lakayana: 2:14pm On Sep 23, 2012
His love and goodness in my life. Wherever i go i feel his presence everyone tells me you are special and i know it is not ordinary for there are people finer and richer than i am but i am honoured more than the so called high mighty around me. I tell you that is the power of God at work.
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by Pukkah: 2:20pm On Sep 23, 2012
Remove the promise/reward of salvation or paradise after death and the hope for provision of the good things of this world (wealth, health, etc), how many people would sincerely worship God just for the sake of worshipping Him?

Are you one of them?

6 Likes

Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Sep 23, 2012
What motivate me to worship God is lies. Sorry!
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by Benzora(m): 2:26pm On Sep 23, 2012
God is my maker and every opportunity to worship Him is an opportunity for everything that has gone wrong in me to be fixed by Him alone who in addition provided me a manual (Bible) through which I can best function. I love you Jesus!
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by collins123(m): 2:27pm On Sep 23, 2012
Yomieluv: I am motivated by the creation of the universe,no scientific explanation has been able to give a graphic details of how the earth came into existence...God is awesome,I can't do without my prayer every morning.being alive today is a testimony,if Yaradua can die,who am I not to worship him.

And does worshipping God stops U from dying?

By dust U were formed and to dust U will return!
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by Remzolution: 2:30pm On Sep 23, 2012
What motivates me is simply the breath i breathe and the signs i see in me that God does really exist and is active in my life...!
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 23, 2012
which of the gods?
Amadioha
Allah
Aztec
Babylonian
Canaanite
Celtic
Chinese
Egyptian
Greek
Hindu
Japan
Maya
Norse
Roman
Sumerian
??

6 Likes

Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by 9jvirgin(m): 2:42pm On Sep 23, 2012
If not for GOD.......
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by akagaba(f): 2:49pm On Sep 23, 2012
rhema4u: Nothing you do will make God more Godlier....everything you do is for your life. He said He is can raise up stones to do what He wants. Its a choice He gave to you & He is asking you to serve Him even. Remember you will give account of the life you lived....(apostle Paul's conviction was that he was free from the blood of all men & that he had fought a good fight of faith). If you go for a service on time it is for you, if you sweep the church well, it is for your own good. Be Wise!
Gud one. We kno who we are.
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by packman: 2:58pm On Sep 23, 2012
991: which of the gods?
Amadioha
Allah
Aztec
Babylonian
Canaanite
Celtic
Chinese
Egyptian
Greek
Hindu
Japan
Maya
Norse
Roman
Sumerian
??

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
NAWA E B LIKE SAY NA PLENTY U DEY WORSHIP LOL

1 Like

Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by iykeboyy(m): 2:59pm On Sep 23, 2012
I am motivated because he died 4 me.he gave me a reason to live, he shows me mercy when i am weak, he gave me hope when am hopless, he even went as far as fending for me as orphan, he is a merciful God,he is a God that cares for his people, i have uncountable things that motivates me! In short to cap it all am motivated to worship him because he is the reason for my existance. I love Jesus!
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 23, 2012
iykeboyy: I am motivated because he died 4 me.he gave me a reason to live, he shows me mercy when i am weak, he gave me hope when am hopless, he even went as far as fending for me as orphan, he is a merciful God,he is a God that cares for his people, i have uncountable things that motivates me! In short to cap it all am motivated to worship him because he is the reason for my existance. I love Jesus!

do you know it's blasphemy in many religions to say that god died
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by NEROSKY(m): 3:06pm On Sep 23, 2012
because he's world spiritual n physical president/leader.... Or ? smiley
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by Tos87(m): 3:08pm On Sep 23, 2012
Because He created Me
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by NEROSKY(m): 3:09pm On Sep 23, 2012
991:

do you know it's blasphemy in many religions to say that god died

yes god died buh God didnt
''capital letter''

1 Like

Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by bigx(m): 3:17pm On Sep 23, 2012
Gratitude
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by SisiKill1: 3:18pm On Sep 23, 2012
Lmao!! So not surprised this thread is still on page 0. cheesy cheesy cheesy

How can you ask that kinda question when majority of the so called Christians don't know jack about worshiping God?

Worshiping Vanity? Yes!

Worshiping Church? Yes!

Worshiping wealth? Yes

Worshiping Glory? Yes!

Worshiping Pastor? Yes! Oh God, Yes!!!

Advice to OP - Replace God with one of 'em jerry curled, white suit wearing, jet flying, holy slap giving pastor's names and watch the pages fly off!

1 Like

Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by 2million1(m): 3:29pm On Sep 23, 2012
Being alive alone is enough motivation
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 23, 2012
another Sunday silly question that made front page.very soon we go hear
"do you like using paper Bible , or Bible phone or tablet application or software in the church?"
muumuu moderator, muumuu questions.
that's why Muslim brothers always make serious jest of us. shio!

1 Like

Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by decrox199(m): 3:38pm On Sep 23, 2012
Lord Babs: Does god exist?
there are many gods e.g Allah....but dia's only one almighty which is God!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If The Mortal Body Will Die And Decompose, What Will Then Burn In Hell? / Going To Church Prolongs Your Life By 14 Years - Experts / Apart From Your Pastor, Who Is Your Favorite Pastor/Tele Evangelist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.