Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,584 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

Did God Really Die For You? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Really Die For You? (5099 Views)

Did He Really Die? / Did Jesus Christ Really Die On The Cross? / Did Jesus Really Die On A Cross?find Out Now!. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 23, 2012
Did your grand forefathers know who this God is?

For whose sin did God die for?

After years of translation, added and remove sources, God finally died for "Africans" abi?

The same goons who brought religion also brought slavery and racism. Why is religion "okayed" but "racism" is not, esp since it's practiced by the same source?

1 Like

Re: Did God Really Die For You? by CrazyMan(m): 9:59pm On Sep 23, 2012
God did not die for us...

John 3:16.  For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

There was never a passage in the bible where it was written that God sent his son Jesus to die...God sent his son to reconcile the world to himself. It indeed was a risky enterprise but the intention of his mission was not to die...see the passage below.

Mark 12:1-8. Jesus then began to speak to them in parables: "A man planted a vineyard. He put a wall around it, dug a pit for the winepress and built a watchtower. Then he rented the vineyard to some farmers and moved to another place. 2 At harvest time he sent a servant to the tenants to collect from them some of the fruit of the vineyard. 3 But they seized him, beat him and sent him away empty-handed. 4 Then he sent another servant to them; they struck this man on the head and treated him shamefully. 5 He sent still another, and that one they killed. He sent many others; some of them they beat, others they killed.

6 "He had one left to send, a son, whom he loved. He sent him last of all, saying, 'They will respect my son.'

7 "But the tenants said to one another, 'This is the heir. Come, let's kill him, and the inheritance will be ours.' 8 So they took him and killed him, and threw him out of the vineyard.

Now...Jesus death came as a sign of love. As a sign of love that the world has never seen before...he loved us so much that he was willing to die for us...

1 peter 2:20-25. But how is it to your credit if you receive a beating for doing wrong and endure it? But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God. 21 To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.

22 "He committed no sin,
and no deceit was found in his mouth."

23 When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly. 24 "He himself bore our sins" in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; "by his wounds you have been healed." 25 For "you were like sheep going astray," but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.

The cross is an invite to come and become a son and a daughter of God like the one they killed.

To also come to God’s family. And as an eternal sign. He rose Jesus from the death and gave him a name above all names...that at the name of Jesus, every kneel must bow and every tounge must confess that Jesus is lord.

I'm made this statement before, and I would repeat it again on this thread...
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 12:28am On Sep 24, 2012
CrazyMan: God did not die for us...

John 3:16.  For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

There was never a passage in the bible where it was written that God sent his son Jesus to die...God sent his son to reconcile the world to himself. It indeed was a risky enterprise but the intention of his mission was not to die...see the passage below.

Mark 12:1-8. Jesus then began to speak to them in parables: "A man planted a vineyard. He put a wall around it, dug a pit for the winepress and built a watchtower. Then he rented the vineyard to some farmers and moved to another place. 2 At harvest time he sent a servant to the tenants to collect from them some of the fruit of the vineyard. 3 But they seized him, beat him and sent him away empty-handed. 4 Then he sent another servant to them; they struck this man on the head and treated him shamefully. 5 He sent still another, and that one they killed. He sent many others; some of them they beat, others they killed.

6 "He had one left to send, a son, whom he loved. He sent him last of all, saying, 'They will respect my son.'

7 "But the tenants said to one another, 'This is the heir. Come, let's kill him, and the inheritance will be ours.' 8 So they took him and killed him, and threw him out of the vineyard.

Now...Jesus death came as a sign of love. As a sign of love that the world has never seen before...he loved us so much that he was willing to die for us...

1 peter 2:20-25. But how is it to your credit if you receive a beating for doing wrong and endure it? But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God. 21 To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.

22 "He committed no sin,
and no deceit was found in his mouth."

23 When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly. 24 "He himself bore our sins" in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; "by his wounds you have been healed." 25 For "you were like sheep going astray," but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.

The cross is an invite to come and become a son and a daughter of God like the one they killed.

To also come to God’s family. And as an eternal sign. He rose Jesus from the death and gave him a name above all names...that at the name of Jesus, every kneel must bow and every tounge must confess that Jesus is lord.

I'm made this statement before, and I would repeat it again on this thread...
THE INTENTION OF THE MISSION WAS NOT TO DIE ? YOU SAYING THE SITUATION ECLIPSED THE INTENTION OF GOD ? YOU SAYING GOD IS NOT IN COMPLETE CONTROL AND SITUATIONS CAN GET OUT OF HAND UNDER HIS WATCH shocked grin COME ON NOW CHIEF.
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 1:56am On Sep 24, 2012
So God never sent his son to die?

So God did not send Jesus to die for your sin, so that you can have everlasting life? what did Jesus come here to do, to party?

That aside, this whole business between Jesus is God, Jesus is God's son, Jesus is one of the trinity, is really confusing. choi!!

PS: Which world did Jesus come to save? So upon all the traveling Jesus made, he never deemed the continent of African important enough to visit? Him no fit walk over the Atlantic ocean? None of his disciples saw Africa an important place to spread the lord's gospel? Can you imagine, 12 disciples, 7 continents, no Africa )

Why is it that the same crusaders and missionaries who brought the God's "gospel" to Africa were vicious and wicked?

1 Like

Re: Did God Really Die For You? by wesley80(m): 2:14am On Sep 24, 2012
Let me assume you're a rational human and post a comment.
Christianity isn't a "Religion"- that's what stands it out, Its the pulsating life of Christ in man. Most people that describe themselves as Christians have a personal revelation and relationship with Christ and aren't doing so as a result of some mere religious obligation, the others sadly are yet to discover the essence of Christs lordship over their lives and are trapped in that realm which you aptly described as "Religion". It is imperative you understand this when referring to "Christians", anything less would be a pathetic display of crass naivety.

2 Likes

Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 2:18am On Sep 24, 2012
wesley80: Let me assume you're a rational human and post a comment.
Christianity isn't a "Religion"- that's what stands it out, Its the pulsating life of Christ in man. Most people that describe themselves as Christians have a personal revelation and relationship with Christ and aren't doing so as a result of some mere religious obligation, the others sadly are yet to discover the essence of Christs lordship over their lives and are trapped in that realm which you aptly described as "Religion". It is imperative you understand this when referring to "Christians", anything less would be a pathetic display of crass naivety.

If this is by the definition you wish to refute the term "religion", then every other "religion" out there, will do the same.

I have personal relationship with my bed, but you dont see me worshiping it.

1 Like

Re: Did God Really Die For You? by wesley80(m): 2:29am On Sep 24, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

If this is by the definition you wish to refute the term "religion", then every other "religion" out there, will do the same.

I have personal relationship with my bed, but you dont see me worshiping it.
Of course you do, but how deep is your relationship with your bed? What's the essence of it? In what way has your bed made u a better human? Can you count on your bed when all else has failed u? Can u not be assured of your next meal and yet glory and sing praise to your bed? Could you give up the single most valuable material thing you own to someone else cos your bed said to do so? How deep really is your relationship with your bed?
The point I was trying to make earlier was that Africans didn't pick up the White mans religion cos it sounded nice to us, we did so cos it illuminated our lives and gave us something we saw nowhere else, not in the traditions of our forefathers and certainly not in Ileke Idi's mattress.

1 Like

Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 2:39am On Sep 24, 2012
wesley80:
Of course you do, but how deep is your relationship with your bed? What's the essence of it? In what way has your bed made u a better human? Can you count on your bed when all else has failed u? Can u not be assured of your next meal and yet glory and sing praise to your bed? Could you give up the single most valuable material thing you own to someone else cos your bed said to do so? How deep really is your relationship with your bed?
The point I was trying to make earlier was that Africans didn't pick up the White mans religion cos it sounded nice to us, we did so cos it illuminated our lives and gave us something we saw nowhere else, not in the traditions of our forefathers and certainly not in Ileke Idi's mattress.

Obviously you do not know the power of a very comfortable, soft, sweet smelling bed. At the end of the day, I can always count on my bed to give me that nurturing 6 hours of sleep my body and cognitive system needs to rejuvenate.

Does your doctor not tell you how important a 6-8hrs of sleep is? Sleeping on the floor is not as gratifying as sleeping on a bed.

Yea, sit on your azz and hope that God will throw your next "manna" to you. hard work and persistence feeds the normal man. Yea, some people need a spiritual being to motivate and inspire them, some don't.

My bed does not talk. Neither has your God ever talked to you. Neither has he talked to your pastor, even if he/she lies that the case is otherwise.

How did it illuminate your life? You didnt "pick" it up, my dear, you were forced and brainwashed to practice it. How did your forefther's religion made you less "illuminating"?

My bed gives me all that I need cool Even dreams (which, according to christians, has a spiritual connection).

Dreams (contents of) , according to Freud, is thus the fulfillment of a wish: its motive is a wish

6 Likes

Re: Did God Really Die For You? by wesley80(m): 2:54am On Sep 24, 2012
^Some bed you have there I've got to say, I wonder what it would have to say to someone battling Stg 4 leukemia and had been thru both radio and chemotherapies and was told to wait for death, any ideas? Well mine said "get up and live in health again and she did! No shi*t, I saw it with both my eyes. Now what would Freud have said?
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 3:03am On Sep 24, 2012
wesley80: ^Some bed you have there I've got to say, I wonder what it would have to say to someone battling Stg 4 leukemia and had been thru both radio and chemotherapies and was told to wait for death, any ideas? Well mine said "get up and live in health again and she did! No shi*t, I saw it with both my eyes. Now what would Freud have said?

What has your God done about it?

Do you think every Leukemia patient makes it out of the hospital? The only excuses you Xtians give for their demise is that "God said it's his time" or " She's in a better place without suffering". So I asked you this, does your god want the rest, who made it out with minimized symptom, to suffer?
One of my high school teacher (my faverite), a very religious man, has been hospitalized for months due to Leukemia. Are you saying he doesn't have faith? This is like freud blaming his patient's continuous sysmptoms on a physiological illness and on their lack of belief, so that he wouldn't have to be blamed for failure to heal them of their symptoms.

Let's be honest, God is being "thanked" for the job that human made technologies do. You think without chemotherapy, these patients would survive?

Hundred years ago, we were dying from the simplest of symptoms, where was God then? Nowadays, we have medications and technologies to alter those symptoms (not talking of new diseases like HIV/Aids). Yet we thank God for that.
I wonder why God isn't curing people from HIV/AIDs. . . .oh wait, they have to wait for new human-made "cure" to be developed so that they can thank god for curing them. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Did God Really Die For You? by wesley80(m): 3:44am On Sep 24, 2012
Well, God has cured countless people of AIDS and frankly, I've heard of such miracles so much that it isn't really a big deal any longer - his grace is sufficient. A dear aunt whose husband was struck down by some illness and eventually died from once said "money is ashamed" cos not even the best hospitals around d world made any difference at the end so forgive me for finding it simplistic that you chose to hinge your faith in humanity on the very limited abilities of medical science - that's quite sad and a touch desperate. I understand the relative comfort you prolly live in in a society where services are efficient and there's utmost trust in the abilities of medical personnel, your courage is understandable afterall, Danger is faraway! But what do you tell the lady that has got to journey 500km to have a mere pap smear? What do u tell the one who just discovered there are only two or three hospitals she can have radiotherapy at forbidden costs but is being eaten away by those cells? I'll tell you, its called "faith" and its the currency of the righteous and with it, all things can be gotten - good health inclusive. That's why the poor holds on dearly to their faith but the privileged relies on man and his abilities till man fails him completely and there's nothing to fall back on. You don't have to agree with me, but its the truth nonetheless.
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by ayobase(m): 3:55am On Sep 24, 2012
Miss OP.....u r losing it, believe me!
tagging it ''God didnt die for me'' would have been better.
And what is the purpose of this thread if I may ask?
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by kandiikane(m): 4:01am On Sep 24, 2012
wesley80: Let me assume you're a rational human and post a comment.

Abeg jor!! Christianity is a religion. Always trying to make it personal.
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by kandiikane(m): 4:03am On Sep 24, 2012
wesley80: Well, God has cured countless people of AIDS and frankly, I've heard of such miracles so much that it isn't really a big deal any longer - his grace is sufficient. A dear aunt whose husband was struck down by some illness and eventually died from once said "money is ashamed" cos not even the best hospitals around d world made any difference at the end so forgive me for finding it simplistic that you chose to hinge your faith in humanity on the very limited abilities of medical science - that's quite sad and a touch desperate. I understand the relative comfort you prolly live in in a society where services are efficient and there's utmost trust in the abilities of medical personnel, your courage is understandable afterall, Danger is faraway! But what do you tell the lady that has got to journey 500km to have a mere pap smear? What do u tell the one who just discovered there are only two or three hospitals she can have radiotherapy at forbidden costs but is being eaten away by those cells? I'll tell you, its called "faith" and its the currency of the righteous and with it, all things can be gotten - good health inclusive. That's why the poor holds on dearly to their faith but the privileged relies on man and his abilities till man fails him completely and there's nothing to fall back on. You don't have to agree with me, but its the truth nonetheless.

You always hear but you it's never you. Abegi!! Even if you go to those who supposedly got cure from aids(without medication ooo) or those who have been wheelchair bound dem go say "na hear me too hear am oo. I am still in my wheelchair."

Lol, how comes with all the prayers in the world those without hands or legs never ever get 'cured'.
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 5:07am On Sep 24, 2012
Kandiiiiiii cheesy cheesy

wesley80: [size=18pt]Well, God has cured countless people of AIDS and frankly, I've heard of such miracles[/size] so much that it isn't really a big deal any longer - his grace is sufficient. A dear aunt whose husband was struck down by some illness and eventually died from once said "money is ashamed" cos not even the best hospitals around d world made any difference at the end so forgive me for finding it simplistic that you chose to hinge your faith in humanity on the very limited abilities of medical science - that's quite sad and a touch desperate. I understand the relative comfort you prolly live in in a society where services are efficient and there's utmost trust in the abilities of medical personnel, your courage is understandable afterall, Danger is faraway! But what do you tell the lady that has got to journey 500km to have a mere pap smear? What do u tell the one who just discovered there are only two or three hospitals she can have radiotherapy at forbidden costs but is being eaten away by those cells? I'll tell you, its called "faith" and its the currency of the righteous and with it, all things can be gotten - good health inclusive. That's why the poor holds on dearly to their faith but the privileged relies on man and his abilities till man fails him completely and there's nothing to fall back on. You don't have to agree with me, but its the truth nonetheless.

With this, I rest my case cheesy

It's funny how you hear of such miracles, but you never see them. Another work of Pastor Adeboye's witnesses. Lol how can one person HEAR of this miracle and the rest of the world didnt?
I hear you. You'll be one fine therapist, giving HIV/AIDs victims hope.
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 5:08am On Sep 24, 2012
kandiikane:

You always hear but you it's never you. Abegi!! Even if you go to those who supposedly got cure from aids(without medication ooo) or those who have been wheelchair bound dem go say "na hear me too hear am oo. I am still in my wheelchair."

Lol, how comes with all the prayers in the world those without hands or legs never ever get 'cured'.

You sef see wetin I see? lol
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 5:27am On Sep 24, 2012
God never died.
if he did, how was i created?

lol.
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by CrazyMan(m): 5:35am On Sep 24, 2012
@ buzugee, @ Ileke-idi...

God did not send his son with the purpose or aim to die for us.
Jesus died for our sins, yes, but God did not need the death of his son to forgive sins.

Not to be misunderstood: Yes: Jesus came down on the earth; He lived a just life; the people (both Romans and Jews) cruxified him; He rose from the death; He ascended into heavens.  This is the story of Jesus. This is what happened to him. The above two statements I questioned are assumptions, or interpretations of the story of Jesus that I do not find strongly supported in the Bible.

The reason I believe many christians support the idea that God sent his son to die for us is twofold:

a. this is what they are told from sunday school on and is portrayed as one of the fundamentals of christianity; and

b. is based on the assumption that since God foreknows everything and therefore also Jesus’ death he must somehow also have ordained it.

I would like to start of with a very interesting parable that Jesus himself is telling. If you have a moment, please read the parable at the beginning of Mk.12, the ‘parable of the tenants’.(The verse I posted in my previous post re-read my post to see the verse in red)

I think we misread many passages in the NT. Many verses talk about God ‘giving’ his son. I don’t know exactly why, but we always sweem to read ‘death’ in it. If

Jesus gives his life then he gives his life! He might give his death also, but only in so far as his death is part of his life. In John 3.16 for example I can’t see a reference of Jesus death. It talks about his life; not his death. For example. no one really thinks of the death of christians (even though death might be a consequence) when reading Romans 12,1. ‘give life’ or ‘sacrifice’ does not necessarily imply death. (even though it can).

I do not see ‘a law from the Old Testament’ that Jesus had to die for.

According to Hebrews is Jesus explicitely NOT a priest in the tradition or accordance with Levi which tribe performed the killing sacraments, but according to Melchisedek, who was before the law was given, and therefore the tradition of sacrifices was started.

So all those sacrifices do not really apply to Jesus (in my opinion), neither is he the fullfillment of those.

According to Paul in  Romans 5:18 it is the righteousness, and not his death that brought about justification before God.

Also, from the times of Abraham by the latest, it was forbidden to offer human sacrifices to be killed. God could not possibly violate this law by purposely sending his own son to death.

If God is God then he really does not need a human sacrifice (or if you are trinitarian: a sacrifice of himself) to forgive sins. How on on the basis of what other than his souvereignity and mercy in the parable of the lost son in Luke 15 then did the father forgive his son when he asked to come back? Jesus was telling this parable BEFORE his death. How can Paul say that Abraham was justified by his faith?  No sacrifice has been offered.

The view of these things in my opinion dismisses the scandal that took place. They killed Jesus! Hey, they killed Jesus! Nairalanders wake up; they killed Jesus!!!!!!!!!! They killed the only one that was righteous!

No, God did not kill him; they did! He came and healed and loved and helped. And they killed him!!!!
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 5:38am On Sep 24, 2012
*Kails*:
God never died.
if he did, how was i created?

lol.

He never died on the cross? Must have been the best 3-day slumber of his life. grin

@Crazyman

Mehn, one of the worst thing of posting in this section is y'alls long azz posts.

I'll get back to you tomorrow. Bed calls. . .
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 5:51am On Sep 24, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

He never died on the cross? Must have been the best 3-day slumber of his life. grin

oh yeah i forgot.
the king of kings couldn't even save himself... tongue

makes a LOT of sense.
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 5:51am On Sep 24, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
@Crazyman

Mehn, one of the worst thing of posting in this section is y'alls long azz posts.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Pukkah: 8:06am On Sep 27, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
So God never sent his son to die?

So God did not send Jesus to die for your sin, so that you can have everlasting life? what did Jesus come here to do, to party?

That aside, this whole business between Jesus is God, Jesus is God's son, Jesus is one of the trinity, is really confusing. choi!!

These are reasonable questions to ask but which unfortunately have never been clearly and unambiguously answered by anyone. I believe in spirituality but the type of questions (simple yet complex) you have there just muddle up religion. It's almost like the case of the more you look, the less you see.

Just follow your heart undecided and do what you believe is right. Or swallow hook, line and sinker the pre-programmed answers you will get to your incisive questions.

The whole religion thing is lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Did God Really Die For You? by jamil2(m): 2:54pm On Sep 27, 2012
Wow, I can see nobody could dare the OP very interested!
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 27, 2012
CrazyMan: @ buzugee, @ Ileke-idi...

God did not send his son with the purpose or aim to die for us.
Jesus died for our sins, yes, but God did not need the death of his son to forgive sins.

Not to be misunderstood: Yes: Jesus came down on the earth; He lived a just life; the people (both Romans and Jews) cruxified him; He rose from the death; He ascended into heavens.  This is the story of Jesus. This is what happened to him. The above two statements I questioned are assumptions, or interpretations of the story of Jesus that I do not find strongly supported in the Bible.

The reason I believe many christians support the idea that God sent his son to die for us is twofold:

a. this is what they are told from sunday school on and is portrayed as one of the fundamentals of christianity; and

b. is based on the assumption that since God foreknows everything and therefore also Jesus’ death he must somehow also have ordained it.

I would like to start of with a very interesting parable that Jesus himself is telling. If you have a moment, please read the parable at the beginning of Mk.12, the ‘parable of the tenants’.(The verse I posted in my previous post re-read my post to see the verse in red)

I think we misread many passages in the NT. Many verses talk about God ‘giving’ his son. I don’t know exactly why, but we always sweem to read ‘death’ in it. If

Jesus gives his life then he gives his life! He might give his death also, but only in so far as his death is part of his life. In John 3.16 for example I can’t see a reference of Jesus death. It talks about his life; not his death. For example. no one really thinks of the death of christians (even though death might be a consequence) when reading Romans 12,1. ‘give life’ or ‘sacrifice’ does not necessarily imply death. (even though it can).

According to Hebrews is Jesus explicitely NOT a priest in the tradition or accordance with Levi which tribe performed the killing sacraments, but according to Melchisedek, who was before the law was given, and therefore the tradition of sacrifices was started.

So all those sacrifices do not really apply to Jesus (in my opinion), neither is he the fullfillment of those.

According to Paul in  Romans 5:18 it is the righteousness, and not his death that brought about justification before God.

Also, from the times of Abraham by the latest, it was forbidden to offer human sacrifices to be killed. God could not possibly violate this law by purposely sending his own son to death.

If God is God then he really does not need a human sacrifice (or if you are trinitarian: a sacrifice of himself) to forgive sins. How on on the basis of what other than his souvereignity and mercy in the parable of the lost son in Luke 15 then did the father forgive his son when he asked to come back? Jesus was telling this parable BEFORE his death. How can Paul say that Abraham was justified by his faith?  No sacrifice has been offered.

The view of these things in my opinion dismisses the scandal that took place. They killed Jesus! Hey, they killed Jesus! Nairalanders wake up; they killed Jesus!!!!!!!!!! They killed the only one that was righteous!

No, God did not kill him; they did! He came and healed and loved and helped. And they killed him!!!!

Is this buzugee?

Can you get to the point cuz I have ADHD lol]

SO far, the only argument from you is that Jesus was not sent to die for us, yet Christianity praise his death as a sign of love for humanity.

Jesus knew that we all existed, yet he and his disciples traveled and only reach a specific few who see themselves superior to other race (including yours). The race "superior" race brought this religion and racism to your society.

Think about it.
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 27, 2012
CrazyMan: @ buzugee, @ Ileke-idi...

God did not send his son with the purpose or aim to die for us.
Jesus died for our sins, yes, but God did not need the death of his son to forgive sins.

Not to be misunderstood: Yes: Jesus came down on the earth; He lived a just life; the people (both Romans and Jews) cruxified him; He rose from the death; He ascended into heavens. This is the story of Jesus. This is what happened to him. The above two statements I questioned are assumptions, or interpretations of the story of Jesus that I do not find strongly supported in the Bible.

b. is based on the assumption that since God foreknows everything and therefore also Jesus’ death he must somehow also have ordained it.

So all those sacrifices do not really apply to Jesus (in my opinion), neither is he the fullfillment of those.

According to Paul in Romans 5:18 it is the righteousness, and not his death that brought about justification before God.

Also, from the times of Abraham by the latest, it was forbidden to offer human sacrifices to be killed. God could not possibly violate this law by purposely sending his own son to death.

If God is God then he really does not need a human sacrifice (or if you are trinitarian: a sacrifice of himself) to forgive sins. How on on the basis of what other than his souvereignity and mercy in the parable of the lost son in Luke 15 then did the father forgive his son when he asked to come back? Jesus was telling this parable BEFORE his death. How can Paul say that Abraham was justified by his faith? No sacrifice has been offered.

Is this buzugee?

Can you get to the point cuz I have ADHD lol]

SO far, the only argument from you is that Jesus was not sent to die for us, yet Christianity praise his death as a sign of love for humanity.

Jesus knew that we all existed, yet he and his disciples traveled and only reach a specific few who see themselves superior to other race (including yours). This "superior" race brought this religion and racism to your society.

Think about it.
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 27, 2012
A another deluded member of the black liberation movement simply using religion as a smokescreen
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Jenwitemi(m): 6:25pm On Sep 27, 2012
Yeah, we know. You don't want black liberation because you are already in chains yourself, anyway.
davidylan: A another deluded member of the black liberation movement simply using religion as a smokescreen

3 Likes

Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 27, 2012
Jenwitemi: Yeah, we know. You don't want black liberation because you are already in chains yourself, anyway.

lol
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 27, 2012
ILEKE-IDI, MY GREAT SISTER!

[size=15pt] JESUS IS COMING SOON!! !![/size]

PLS PREPARE FOR HIS COMING
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Dipwater(m): 12:52am On Sep 28, 2012
acidosis™:
ILEKE-IDI, MY GREAT SISTER!

[size=15pt] JESUS IS COMING SOON!! !![/size]

PLS PREPARE FOR HIS COMING

Coming to do what?
Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 1:15am On Sep 28, 2012
Jenwitemi: Yeah, we know. You don't want black liberation because you are already in chains yourself, anyway.

and pray what liberation are you hypocrites crying for? You sit ensconced in the very nations of those you bleat enslave you then come around preaching about the dangers of slavery? Why arent you all back in your own homelands? Disgusting.

1 Like

Re: Did God Really Die For You? by Nobody: 1:18am On Sep 28, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Did your grand forefathers know who this God is?

For whose sin did God die for?

After years of translation, added and remove sources, God finally died for "Africans" abi?

The same goons who brought religion also brought slavery and racism. Why is religion "okayed" but "racism" is not, esp since it's practiced by the same source?

and pray tell us why you are not in the land of your grandfathers? Did those "goons" who you claim are racist force you to go live smack dab among them? Did they invite you? If anything, they would actually pay you to go back to your grandfather's land and leave them in peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Antichrist Will Come From The Revived Roman Empire ( Europe) / POPES WHO WERE ACTUALLY TERRIBLE PEOPLE [PHOTOS] / Reason Why Islam Is A Satanic Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.