Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

Do You Pity Nigerians Who Go Abroad And Get Diappointed? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do You Pity Nigerians Who Go Abroad And Get Diappointed? (2000 Views)

Photos Of Nigerians Who Were Deported From The UK Today / Before You Go Abroad For That Msc, Let’s Reason Together / Nigerians Who Applied For Canadian Fsw Immigration 2011 Please Network Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Pity Nigerians Who Go Abroad And Get Diappointed? by gst101: 12:40am On Sep 24, 2012
i agree its not good to generalize. But some times whem i listen to many people's story, i find it difficult to pity them. I mean, these are people who can afford flight ticket. We all know how much it costs to buy an economic class ticket to most countries nigerians find themselves. If you have that kind of money,it means you are not poor! Why go to buy a flight ticket with the money to a place where you have not been offered a job? Why didnt you just reinvest that money into the business from where you got the money to pay for the flight ticket? That makes more sense than embarking on a journey you are not sure its outcome.

NB: what i have said is within the limit of my knowledge which may not be correct. If there is something i am missing, lemme know pls.
Re: Do You Pity Nigerians Who Go Abroad And Get Diappointed? by obowunmi(m): 3:17am On Sep 24, 2012
HmmM.....brb
Re: Do You Pity Nigerians Who Go Abroad And Get Diappointed? by Kobojunkie: 4:07am On Sep 24, 2012
@Poster, where you just bored and decided opening 'yet another lame' thread on Nairaland was the way to go? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Do You Pity Nigerians Who Go Abroad And Get Diappointed? by ektbear: 5:31am On Sep 24, 2012
eh...
Re: Do You Pity Nigerians Who Go Abroad And Get Diappointed? by Gbawe: 7:13am On Sep 24, 2012
@OP.

Many can't resist "the grass is greener" calling.
Re: Do You Pity Nigerians Who Go Abroad And Get Diappointed? by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:58pm On Sep 25, 2012
Gbawe: @OP.

are you talking about legal or illegal immigrant? Immigration is as old as the universe either legal or illegal remember the story of a the prodigal son in the bible, he left all in his father's house and decided to pursue a greener pastures it was when he failed that he latter came back to his senses.Some are also destine to relocate from their father's land just like Abraham, Joseph, Ruth.. before they can attain greatness in life.

1 Like

Re: Do You Pity Nigerians Who Go Abroad And Get Diappointed? by adexkem(m): 5:30am On Sep 26, 2012
gst101: i agree its not good to generalize. But some times whem i listen to many people's story, i find it difficult to pity them. I mean, these are people who can afford flight ticket. We all know how much it costs to buy an economic class ticket to most countries nigerians find themselves. If you have that kind of money,it means you are not poor! Why go to buy a flight ticket with the money to a place where you have not been offered a job? Why didnt you just reinvest that money into the business from where you got the money to pay for the flight ticket? That makes more sense than embarking on a journey you are not sure its outcome.

NB: what i have said is within the limit of my knowledge which may not be correct. If there is something i am missing, lemme know pls.
fear of unknow keep many where they are till today. Porter plz tell me what can flight money amount when you invest it compare to the opportunity aboard offers so far you get in as legal immigrant.
Re: Do You Pity Nigerians Who Go Abroad And Get Diappointed? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 26, 2012
@OP
the important question would be: WHY NOT? is there something wrong with traveling and discovering the world? should Nigerian remain sheep and follow-follow whatever their neighbor is doing?
your problem is that you are only looking at ONE SIDE of the issue.. there are many people who go abroad and are succesful JUST LIKE there are many people who stay in Nigeria invest this kind of money and still aint got shiit.

the state of Nigeria, is also the reason why many want to leave at any cost, because having constant electricity, adequate security, proper (and sometimes free) healthcare etc etc, is no joke!
Re: Do You Pity Nigerians Who Go Abroad And Get Diappointed? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 26, 2012
Re: Do You Pity Nigerians Who Go Abroad And Get Diappointed? by nakita(f): 9:19pm On Sep 26, 2012
Good replies.. truly poster U can't blame people trying to leave there country, there ar may be several reasons behind it n i'm sure most people will be better off getting away from there families, problems etc to start a new life and move forward
Re: Do You Pity Nigerians Who Go Abroad And Get Diappointed? by gst101: 11:02pm On Sep 26, 2012
adexkem: fear of unknow keep many where they are till today. Porter plz tell me what can flight money amount when you invest it compare to the opportunity aboard offers so far you get in as legal immigrant.
yes fear of the unknown. But is that why you have to walk across the sahara desert only to die in the sinai? Is that why you should pick up your bag and go to a place you have nowhere to stay but under a bridge?

Talking opportunities. Many nigerians do not know of any opportunity anywhere. They only travel becos of the good things they hear other people say.
Re: Do You Pity Nigerians Who Go Abroad And Get Diappointed? by gst101: 11:08pm On Sep 26, 2012
MRbrownJAY: @OP
the important question would be: WHY NOT? is there something wrong with traveling and discovering the world? should Nigerian remain sheep and follow-follow whatever their neighbor is doing?
your problem is that you are only looking at ONE SIDE of the issue.. there are many people who go abroad and are succesful JUST LIKE there are many people who stay in Nigeria invest this kind of money and still aint got shiit.

the state of Nigeria, is also the reason why many want to leave at any cost, because having constant electricity, adequate security, proper (and sometimes free) healthcare etc etc, is no joke!
are citizens of countries in similar mess infesting every corner of the world like nigerians do?
Re: Do You Pity Nigerians Who Go Abroad And Get Diappointed? by gst101: 11:13pm On Sep 26, 2012
Kobojunkie: @Poster, where you just bored and decided opening 'yet another lame' thread on Nairaland was the way to go? undecided undecided undecided undecided
since you claim you are intellectually superior to a worm, why dont you establish why you think the thread is 'lame' otherwise, stop wasting your data plan posting rubbish!
Re: Do You Pity Nigerians Who Go Abroad And Get Diappointed? by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 27, 2012
gst101: are citizens of countries in similar mess infesting every corner of the world like nigerians do?

yes they do, you just dont hear about them.......
Re: Do You Pity Nigerians Who Go Abroad And Get Diappointed? by ozoemeka(m): 4:03am On Jun 13, 2013
Gbawe: @OP.

You mean a Dbnaj Syndrome? grin

(1) (Reply)

Heavy Traffic Jam On Lagos-benin-ore Road (pics) / Lady Gets Pregnant For A stranger In Europe To prevent his Deportation. / This Was Seen In London (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.