Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

Touching Lies Mothers Tell Their Children - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Touching Lies Mothers Tell Their Children (17757 Views)

15 Lies All Nigerian Parents Tell Their Children / Real Reasons People Get Married But Won't Tell Their Partners / Caught My Neighbour's Kids Having Sex...should I Tell Their Parents? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Touching Lies Mothers Tell Their Children by acidtalk: 9:05am On Sep 24, 2012
This story begins when I was a child: I was born poor. Often we hadn’t enough to eat. Whenever we had some food, Mother often gave me her portion of rice.

While she was transferring her rice into my bowl, she would say “Eat this rice, son! I’m not hungry.” This was Mother’s First Lie.

As I grew, Mother gave up her spare time to fish in a river near our house; she hoped that from the fish she caught, she could give me a little bit more nutritious food for my growth.

Once she had caught just two fish, she would make fish soup. While I was eating the soup, mother would sit beside me and eat the what was still left on the bone of the fish I had eaten, My heart was touched when I saw it.

Once I gave the other fish to her on my chopstick but she immediately refused it and said, “Eat this fish, son! I don’t really like fish. ” This was Mother’s Second Lie.

Then, in order to fund my education, Mother went to a Match Factory to bring home some used matchboxes, which she filled with fresh matchsticks. This helped her get some money to cover our needs. One wintry night I awoke to find Mother filling the matchboxes by candle light.

So I said,”Mother, go to sleep; it’s late: you can continue working tomorrow morning.” Mother smiled and said “Go to sleep, son! I’m not tired. ” This was Mother’s Third Lie. When I had to sit my Final Examination, Mother accompanied me. After dawn, Mother waited for me for hours in the heat of the sun.

When the bell rang, I ran to meet her.. Mother embraced me and poured me a glass of tea that she had prepared in a thermos. The tea was not as strong as my Mother’s love, Seeing Mother covered with perspiration, I at once gave her my glass and asked her to drink too.

Mother said “Drink, son! I’m not thirsty!”. This was Mother’s Fourth Lie.After Father’s death, Mother had to play the role of a single parent. She held on to her former job; she had to fund our needs alone. Our family’s life was more complicated. We suffered from starvation. Seeing our family’s condition worsening, my kind Uncle who lived near my house came to help us solve our problems big and small.

Our other neighbours saw that we were poverty stricken so they often advised my mother to marry again. But Mother refused to remarry saying “I don’t need love. ” This was Mother’s Fifth Lie………….

After I had finished my studies and gotten a job, it was time for my old Mother to retire but she carried on going to the market every morning just to sell a few vegetables.

I kept sending her money but she was stead fast and even sent the money back to me. She said, “I have enough money. ” That was Mother’s Sixth Lie.
I continued my part-time studies for my Master’s Degree. Funded by the American Corporation for which I worked, I succeeded in my studies. With a big jump in my salary, I decided to bring Mother to enjoy life in America but Mother didn’t want to bother her son; she said to me”I’m not used to high living.
” That was Mother’s Seventh Lie.
In her dotage, Mother was attacked by cancer and had to be hospitalized. Now living far across the ocean, I went home to visit Mother who was bed ridden after an operation.
Mother tried to smile but I was heart broken because she was so thin and feeble but Mother said,”Don’t cry, son! I’m not in pain. ” That was Mother’s Eighth Lie. Telling me this, her eighth lie, she died. YES, MOTHER WAS AN ANGEL!
M – O – T – H – E – R .
“M” is for the Million things she gave me,
“O” means Only that she’s growing old,
“T” is for the Tears she shed to save me,
“H” is for her Heart of gold,
“E” is for her Eyes with love-light shining in them,
“R” means Right, and right she’ll always be,
Put them all together, they spell “MOTHER” a word that means the world to me.

189 Likes 1 Share

Re: Touching Lies Mothers Tell Their Children by tobechi74: 9:49am On Sep 24, 2012
9ce write up
Re: Touching Lies Mothers Tell Their Children by slimyem: 10:01am On Sep 24, 2012
interesting piece...
Mothers are truly priceless!!!

1 Like

Re: Touching Lies Mothers Tell Their Children by acidtalk: 10:30am On Sep 24, 2012
very very priceless.

1 Like

Re: Touching Lies Mothers Tell Their Children by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 24, 2012
NNEOMA NWERE UGWU! ( A good mother with pride)

5 Likes

Re: Touching Lies Mothers Tell Their Children by Dopefiend(m): 12:46pm On Sep 24, 2012
There is a thread on dis already na. Whr r d mods sef?

https://www.nairaland.com/1055110/mother........eight-lies-mother

1 Like

Re: Touching Lies Mothers Tell Their Children by acidtalk: 6:47pm On Sep 24, 2012
Mothers are the BEST gift to nature.

3 Likes

Re: Touching Lies Mothers Tell Their Children by Emary(f): 8:23pm On Sep 24, 2012
Thanks for this, acidtalk! You just deepened my respect for you. My mom and grandmum left me a long time ago but I can strongly relate to all the above in several sacrifices they made for me.
Re: Touching Lies Mothers Tell Their Children by vanitty: 9:52pm On Sep 24, 2012
Nice post and fast forward few years later, some silly wife will want it to be "just me and my husband no relative allowed in this house bla bla bla, my husband should love me more than his mother as if na competition.

When I say iya dada ni iya mi. Oro mi ye mi.
God will bless all mothers. It is their time to enjoy and they will enjoy well well. 120 years like their Father Abraham they will be and they will still be strong and agile Amin

23 Likes

Re: Touching Lies Mothers Tell Their Children by acidtalk: 10:05pm On Sep 24, 2012
I also say a loud Ameen to that.
Re: Touching Lies Mothers Tell Their Children by Goldieluks: 11:06pm On Sep 24, 2012
cry cry

This is touching. Love you mum, from me to you and from SB to me...

2 Likes

Re: Touching Lies Mothers Tell Their Children by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 25, 2012
mothers are the best. But I have vowed that I will beat my wife to this. I will change the story in my own household that father is the best.

8 Likes

Re: Touching Lies Mothers Tell Their Children by talk2hb1(m): 2:38pm On Sep 25, 2012
Great Writeup grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Touching Lies Mothers Tell Their Children by infofirst(m): 2:42pm On Sep 25, 2012
God bless all Mothers
Re: Touching Lies Mothers Tell Their Children by 1shortblackboy: 2:44pm On Sep 25, 2012
chopsticks
Re: Touching Lies Mothers Tell Their Children by ikekings(m): 2:46pm On Sep 25, 2012
Nice... My heart was melted for 5mins after reading this... Mothers are indeed very priceless.. Though, they provoke someone sometimes... Still, that love for her is still there...”I LOVE MY MUM“.... @op nice write-up smiley..

1 Like

Re: Touching Lies Mothers Tell Their Children by ifihearam: 2:49pm On Sep 25, 2012
you just made me cry,just brought back the memory of my dearest mother

RIP

2 Likes

Re: Touching Lies Mothers Tell Their Children by OPEYEMIAD(m): 2:53pm On Sep 25, 2012
How many times this thread will reach front page? Is like MOD is.............
Re: Touching Lies Mothers Tell Their Children by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 25, 2012
Awwwww now u r gonna make me cryyyy... cry
Re: Touching Lies Mothers Tell Their Children by Basic(m): 2:56pm On Sep 25, 2012
And upon all these, you'll see some cursed children who are rich but won't take care of their mothers. And when such mothers die, these cursed children buy caskets worth millions of naira for the burial.
Re: Touching Lies Mothers Tell Their Children by Operalex: 2:57pm On Sep 25, 2012
acidtalk: This story begins when I was a child: I was born poor. Often we hadn’t enough to eat. Whenever we had some food, Mother often gave me her portion of rice.

While she was transferring her rice into my bowl, she would say “Eat this rice, son! I’m not hungry.” This was Mother’s First Lie.

As I grew, Mother gave up her spare time to fish in a river near our house; she hoped that from the fish she caught, she could give me a little bit more nutritious food for my growth.

Once she had caught just two fish, she would make fish soup. While I was eating the soup, mother would sit beside me and eat the what was still left on the bone of the fish I had eaten, My heart was touched when I saw it.

Once I gave the other fish to her on my chopstick but she immediately refused it and said, “Eat this fish, son! I don’t really like fish. ” This was Mother’s Second Lie.

Then, in order to fund my education, Mother went to a Match Factory to bring home some used matchboxes, which she filled with fresh matchsticks. This helped her get some money to cover our needs. One wintry night I awoke to find Mother filling the matchboxes by candle light.

So I said,”Mother, go to sleep; it’s late: you can continue working tomorrow morning.” Mother smiled and said “Go to sleep, son! I’m not tired. ” This was Mother’s Third Lie. When I had to sit my Final Examination, Mother accompanied me. After dawn, Mother waited for me for hours in the heat of the sun.

When the bell rang, I ran to meet her.. Mother embraced me and poured me a glass of tea that she had prepared in a thermos. The tea was not as strong as my Mother’s love, Seeing Mother covered with perspiration, I at once gave her my glass and asked her to drink too.

Mother said “Drink, son! I’m not thirsty!”. This was Mother’s Fourth Lie.After Father’s death, Mother had to play the role of a single parent. She held on to her former job; she had to fund our needs alone. Our family’s life was more complicated. We suffered from starvation. Seeing our family’s condition worsening, my kind Uncle who lived near my house came to help us solve our problems big and small.

Our other neighbours saw that we were poverty stricken so they often advised my mother to marry again. But Mother refused to remarry saying “I don’t need love. ” This was Mother’s Fifth Lie………….

After I had finished my studies and gotten a job, it was time for my old Mother to retire but she carried on going to the market every morning just to sell a few vegetables.

I kept sending her money but she was stead fast and even sent the money back to me. She said, “I have enough money. ” That was Mother’s Sixth Lie.
I continued my part-time studies for my Master’s Degree. Funded by the American Corporation for which I worked, I succeeded in my studies. With a big jump in my salary, I decided to bring Mother to enjoy life in America but Mother didn’t want to bother her son; she said to me”I’m not used to high living.
” That was Mother’s Seventh Lie.
In her dotage, Mother was attacked by cancer and had to be hospitalized. Now living far across the ocean, I went home to visit Mother who was bed ridden after an operation.
Mother tried to smile but I was heart broken because she was so thin and feeble but Mother said,”Don’t cry, son! I’m not in pain. ” That was Mother’s Eighth Lie. Telling me this, her eighth lie, she died. YES, MOTHER WAS AN ANGEL!
M – O – T – H – E – R .
“M” is for the Million things she gave me,
“O” means Only that she’s growing old,
“T” is for the Tears she shed to save me,
“H” is for her Heart of gold,
“E” is for her Eyes with love-light shining in them,
“R” means Right, and right she’ll always be,
Put them all together, they spell “MOTHER” a word that means the world to me.

I almost cry going tru ur thread. Mothers indeed are angel
Re: Touching Lies Mothers Tell Their Children by Basic(m): 2:59pm On Sep 25, 2012
OPEYEMI AD: How many times this thread will reach front page? Is like MOD is.............

And who says a great post like this cannot make the front page 10 times? I'll prefer seeing this post everyday on the front page to some trash like "Omotola eating popcorn", "Tiwa Savage pounding yam", "Obasanjo dancing azonto", "Jonathan skipping rope", "Could this be Genevieve's daughter?", etc.

39 Likes

Re: Touching Lies Mothers Tell Their Children by cyara(f): 3:01pm On Sep 25, 2012
she is just wonderful
Re: Touching Lies Mothers Tell Their Children by ikekings(m): 3:03pm On Sep 25, 2012
Basic:

And who says a great post like this cannot make the front page 10 times? I'll prefer seeing this post everyday on the front page to some trash like "Omotola eating popcorn", "Tiwa Savage pounding yam", "Obasanjo dancing azonto", "Jonathan skipping rope", "Could this be Genevieve's daughter?", etc.
On point!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Touching Lies Mothers Tell Their Children by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 25, 2012
embarassed embarassed lemme call my mom to tell her I love her

1 Like

Re: Touching Lies Mothers Tell Their Children by damoobaba: 3:04pm On Sep 25, 2012
woodcook: mothers are the best. But I have vowed that I will beat my wife to this. I will change the story in my own household that father is the best.
=)) ˚°◦hahahaha <//>
_\\ _,that means you are ready to be the kitchen manager (cook),provide breast for your children to suck,change nappies and dippers,wash ùя children's school uniforms and homewears,make sure they are neatly dressed and properly fed,and at τ̣̣ђё same time combining all of this with your job.Guy,and U̶̲̥̅̊ wan liv long?The Lord íڪ your strenght.

4 Likes

Re: Touching Lies Mothers Tell Their Children by Richy4(m): 3:05pm On Sep 25, 2012
what else can I say; your mum was simply a jewels of inestimable value.may her soul rest in perfect peace
Re: Touching Lies Mothers Tell Their Children by DeGenius3(m): 3:08pm On Sep 25, 2012
really nice.
Re: Touching Lies Mothers Tell Their Children by adiona(f): 3:08pm On Sep 25, 2012
Mother's are indeed the best gift from God to mankind.so sad mine slept in the lord on the 16th of August 2012. May her gentle soul rest in the bossom of the Almighty God. Thumbs up to all mothers.

2 Likes

Re: Touching Lies Mothers Tell Their Children by nonoski: 3:09pm On Sep 25, 2012
wonderful write up.........
Re: Touching Lies Mothers Tell Their Children by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 25, 2012
So touching. And its exactly my mum‘s way. Chukwu, biko gozie nnem nye kwa oganiru.

2 Likes

Re: Touching Lies Mothers Tell Their Children by TBankz(f): 3:12pm On Sep 25, 2012
Nice writeup Mothers indeed are angels

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

He Abandoned Me With Pregnancy.Please Where Can I Report Him For Child Support? / Mrs. Tinubu Welcomes First Baby Of 2024, Advocates For Child Welfare / Is It Ethical To Spy If You Think Your Spouse Is Cheating?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.