Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,836 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) (9846 Views)

No Internet Access / A Site That Requires No Internet Connection To Surf! / I'm Tired Of Paying I Need Free Internet Conection. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 14, 2008
The stupidity Useless Attitude Of Starcomms

Why is it that as soon as companies settle down in Nigeria they begin to mess up. Starcomms for example is so messed up that one month after paying for an Internet subscription, i'm yet to be given access. I'm just wondering if they are into 419 or they just don't know what to do with all the money they are making. I don't know one single soul who uses Starcomms and has not had a problem with them. They're just a waste of time.
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by Truequest(m): 9:09pm On Jan 14, 2008
Bros no bi lie ooooooooo! they are saucy and silly to say the least. Manner of approach -0% to be fair.
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by MrInfo1(m): 9:18pm On Jan 14, 2008
Lol the worst part was that pay as you stuff plan they introduced undecided imagine using 300 niara for an hour why you can use that same 300 naira for two hours in a standard cafe and you can browse with 200 naira once you load (1 min after) on multilinks for 24hours
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by TBag3: 9:32pm On Jan 14, 2008
sorry try multilink or direct on PC wimax
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by rexfx2: 9:33pm On Jan 14, 2008
if you can, switch over to multilinks thats what i use and I've never had cause to complain.
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by otokx(m): 10:35pm On Jan 14, 2008
Multilinks should come quickly to Port Harcourt.
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by shescute4(f): 11:09pm On Jan 14, 2008
starcomms will forever have problems. but i guess there has been an improvement in there services.when exactly did u pay and where did u pay?cos i experienced the same problem early december and i  rectified it by going to there office since customer care couldn't solve te problem
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by topkin(m): 11:14pm On Jan 14, 2008
My dear, it is not only starcomms, it is ALL networks! It is either service is not available, speed is too slow, network is fluctuating etc. They are all the same. I don't even av an idea when there will be stability. It rada sad sad
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by kelvin(m): 11:17pm On Jan 14, 2008
Yeah, starcomms could probably pose a problem for you. I use reltel and so far, it has been reliable. It is also relatively cheap, when compared to the starcomms picture you just painted.
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by hbrednic: 11:19pm On Jan 14, 2008
they just want something from you tongue
my last time in naija,i bought from there ikeja office(toyin street),
after one week no show,i returned with complaints only for the agbero boys infront of the building to charge me N3,000.
the next day surprise surprise,everything was up and running.
pathetic but true.
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by lynxnoon(m): 11:44pm On Jan 14, 2008
@poster
try DirectonPC's UNWIRED wimax wink wink
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by Ekwere(m): 12:05am On Jan 15, 2008
It is rather pathetic that after the payment no access was given you,Well numbers of companies have been mentioned but I will introduce you to a fixed wireless broadband internet service company that uses SAT-3 and other reliable networks from Israel and Norway.It is very reliable and the speed is awesome and if you are not satisfied after one month,your money will be refunded you.The name of the company is SWIFT NETWORKS LTD at 31b,Saka Tinubu Street,Victoria Island.[/b]I am a Customer Service Officer with that company,my mobile number is 08024627500 or send a mail to me via tufot@swiftng.com.This service is in Lagos for now,[b]Abuja and Port Harcourt coming soon
I shall look forward to hearing from you very soon
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by hbrednic: 12:21am On Jan 15, 2008
@Ekwere,
can you let us know your charges?
or you can mail direct to
ibooku200(at)hotmail.com
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by Octupus(f): 1:43am On Jan 15, 2008
Dear all,
I am surprised to hear there are other reliable networks and yet Starcomms can afford to mess up.I am a relatively new user of Starcomms.On two or three times,I could not get access for about three weeks after payment.Each time you call customer service,they promise they will connect soon,only not to do so.It was frustrating as I had very busy international correspondences to follow up at that time.I had just spent about 37k buying the EVDO,so I felt I should hang on with them cos if I changed network,what will I do with the EVDO card?

Anyway on one of the occasions they claimed they were upgrading their services.I saw nothing new thereafter.The connection speed is still pretty slow for EVDO in Ogba where I live!!

Someone just told me to pay at GTB or Zenith bank,rather than at their office,next time I want to renew subscription.I think they are discouraging payments at their office 'cos they have deals with these banks and the banks have to recover their money.They need the customers to do so!!
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by TeskyMan(m): 3:29am On Jan 15, 2008
@Ekwere,

Good but since u work for the company you'll always tell us the good side,what if we give it a trial and its far more worst that am just imagining man.Well tell us the cost? i mean the exact amount one needs to get connected, or u email me at "raylekan_1979@yahoo.com"

Well i hope what u've just said is true i am seriously looking at a way to switch away frm STRACOMMS, Net work too bad man,
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by dipo2much(m): 4:23am On Jan 15, 2008
NA ALL THESE NAIJA NETWORKS DEY CRAZE (EXCEPT SWIFT). MULTILINX WHR EVERYBIDY DEY HAIL SEF DON MESS ME UP.
I was in lagos for the christmas/new year break and I had my laptop witme. While in lagos (ojodu),multilinx nearly frustrated me to death,I was carrying my lapy all over the house looking for network. I decided to return to egba whr i sch ,maybe there would b a change. And there was. In egba,multilinks no dey go,e dey run.
So i think congestion is d probelm,the networks should expand.MULTILINX IS GREAT HERE IN ABEOKUTA
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by choco4life(m): 7:13am On Jan 15, 2008
@ Ekwere,
State the charges, cos i know it is going to be off the wall for home users.
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by SOJ(m): 9:57am On Jan 15, 2008
I think so far multilinks is better for home users cos it is reliable and affordable.Swift on the other hand might be ok(never used it undecided) but i have doubts about its affordability for home users. From what i used to know, setup fee is : N40,000 for about 5PCs and N6,000 monthly 6am-6pm.Dat is way above the average honeuser abeg! av seen multilinks being used for 4PCs and the speed isnt bad at all.Most of these ISPs are out to make money at the expense of subscribers;infact very few are professional and customer-focused.
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by briddwel: 10:26am On Jan 15, 2008
but abeg come to think of it, na abomination for niger to get broadband? i dont mean cyber cafe broadband,i mean broadband for home users and not for restricted area broadband service.
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by mafolayomi(f): 10:44am On Jan 15, 2008
emmmmmm, why not give swifttalk limited a trial am sure you wont regret it. attached below is the bandwidth prizes, also we cafecards are available i.e pay as you go just like your mtn,celtel and glo cards. you can as well call the following nums for details 018993753,018993751,018994910,018994909 and 8994912

Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by mafolayomi(f): 11:00am On Jan 15, 2008
Also, we have provision for Vsat, voip etc too our location is 3/6 Alhaji Adejumo avenue Ilupeju industrial estate bohson b/stop Ilupeju Lagos , was trying to attach that but dis site would not allow it, its said the file is too large. If there is anybody that want more than what i have attached here you can send a mail to ababawale@swifttalk.net or beambohus@yahoo.com
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by vdh(m): 11:34am On Jan 15, 2008
guys,

Starcomms process is warped. i have not seen anyone that did a sucessful installation and connection to their network all by himself/herself
i had the same issue and had to take my pc to their office in abuja and i was actually told that after payment, i need to write down my card id number so that they can activate it from lagos so i guess if urs isnt activated yet, that might be the solution.
talk about customer service.
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by femzy(m): 12:32pm On Jan 15, 2008
Those pple r thieves;they took my money sometimes last last yr,n refused to to do anything.
They told me its a "Triple A error" or somthing like that.
They kept on postin me afta persistent callin.
Those people neva Jam.One day day they will meet a Devil or some devils rather whu wil really show them
I v decided to leave them for God & go for Broadband instead.
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by ruemu(m): 1:10pm On Jan 15, 2008
Have aLWAYS KNOWN STARCOMMS TO BE A SCAM.

Try Direct on pc or SWIFT network or iwireless powered by ipnx u won't go wrong.
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by deor03(m): 2:50pm On Jan 15, 2008
starcomms !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rubish angry
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by earthrealm(m): 3:34pm On Jan 15, 2008
try bourdex, am using it,
its not so fast but its reliable n if u gat probs, they are promptr in soliving it asap.,
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:49pm On Jan 15, 2008
I thought i was teh only one in this situation.

I paid 24/7 in April and was unable to logon till the end of the month.

I paid 9AM-9PM imn December and had the same problem

All through Christmas I visited their Awolowo office uptill last week, now i am told to renew my subscription so i can confirm that the logon problem has been resolved.

I complained bitterly and was told to send a letter to customer care for a refund.

The Technical Support person told me to take the EVDO to their Saka Tinubu Office for "Re-programming"

That was when i got the embarrasment of 2008

I was told to either buy a new one or stop complaining, there are serious customers in the queue.

I am back to square one.
1: No Internet
2: Loss of at least 60k plus (Equipment+unused subscription)
3: Loss of Business.

I wish there was a way to pay them back, but all i can do is seeth.

Who wants an EVDO for N5,000 all cables (and frustrations) included

I intend to write a piece of my mind in the letter to customercare as well as drop the EVDO with them (BASTARDS!!!@##)
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:54pm On Jan 15, 2008
angry angryfu@#cking bastards@#@! angry
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by Truequest(m): 4:25pm On Jan 15, 2008
@lagerwhenindoubt
I want to plead with you, not to let this matter go like that, I suggest you contact Consumer protection commission [CPC]. If you don't have the contact tune to Radio Nigeria tomorrow by 8.30am to get their details at least you will get your money back.

Those Starcomm guys are simply SAUCY I mean up and above 150%.
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by penyng: 4:46pm On Jan 15, 2008
@T-Bag and ruemu

Please what is the cost of Direct on Pc WIMAX and their subscription Plan.
And where there service has covered.
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by Ralvy(m): 5:11pm On Jan 15, 2008
DirectOnPC are complete Bull shit.
Starcomms, Forget 'em.
Multilinks - Another Peace of Shit.

Go for;

Cool Link
iAfrica
Reltel wireless make small sense sha
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by bidex(m): 5:41pm On Jan 15, 2008
everybody talks about starcomms how terrible they are and how poor their service is. they're not the only one in that ship, as we have swift broad band, reltel, direct on pc, webcom and many more that i cant really remember. 80% of my life is on internet and i've been moving from one provfider to another all because i want internet for my use daily.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chromebook Pixel Touch-Screen Laptop By Google / Where Can I Download Full Version Of MS Office / Reltel Wireless Internet Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.