Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

Shell SRD 2012 - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Shell SRD 2012 (4743 Views)

Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Shell Recruitment Day [srd] Info / Shell Vacancy through Phillips Consulting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shell SRD 2012 by kkmny81: 2:42pm On Sep 24, 2012
This is a new thread for all Shell SRD Hopefuls.

I did my SRD on the 20th September 2012 and it was a wonderful experience.I heard the SRD for commercial graduates are still ongoing.

Does any fellow hopeful have any relevant information with regards this?

Please feel free to come in and share
Re: Shell SRD 2012 by chidexCORP: 2:52pm On Sep 24, 2012
pls for wat position did u do yours
Re: Shell SRD 2012 by KingOpe: 3:05pm On Sep 24, 2012
Re: Shell SRD 2012 by dannywest: 5:36pm On Sep 24, 2012
KingOpe:

Hi Kkmny,
I just had to open a nairaland account to send this message to u! Please and pls, do you have any tips for me? My SRD is coming up in a couple of days. Yes, u are right, commercial SRDs end Sept 28 and technical SRDs commence the following week - Oct 3rd.

Pls help give me tips on how to prepare. We will meet at Shell soon as colleagues by God's grace. Amen

I got an invite yesterday and an SMS today to prepare a technical presentation.

How do I go about that?
Re: Shell SRD 2012 by KingOpe: 8:05pm On Sep 24, 2012
@dannywest
I suggest you check out the old Shell thread. There's a lot of info on techincal presentation there.

All the best. When is your SRD?
Re: Shell SRD 2012 by dannywest: 8:43pm On Sep 24, 2012
KingOpe: @dannywest
I suggest you check out the old Shell thread. There's a lot of info on techincal presentation there.

All the best. When is your SRD?

Please do you have a link?
Re: Shell SRD 2012 by kkmny81: 1:04pm On Sep 25, 2012
KingOpe:

Hi Kkmny,
I just had to open a nairaland account to send this message to u! Please and pls, do you have any tips for me? My SRD is coming up in a couple of days. Yes, u are right, commercial SRDs end Sept 28 and technical SRDs commence the following week - Oct 3rd.

Pls help give me tips on how to prepare. We will meet at Shell soon as colleagues by God's grace. Amen

King Ope,

My advise to you is to sleep plenty before that day.
Have an open mind.
Read your case study fast! Dis i say Fast, VERY FAST!!
Try to relax with your fellow candidates.Remember its not a competition.

1 Like

Re: Shell SRD 2012 by kkmny81: 1:05pm On Sep 25, 2012
chidexCORP: pls for wat position did u do yours

My position was for Finance, Commercial graduate.

Any idea on whn we will start receiving feedback from Shell.
Re: Shell SRD 2012 by kkmny81: 1:08pm On Sep 25, 2012
----Case Study

This is the most difficult , to my mind. Good thing is that it was the first. You are given a scenerio - For example you are the project manager in a fictitious country, Working on a Shell project and you have a heap of info (emails, newspaper extracts etc to read through). There is likely to be some major issues you have to deal with (e.g community unrest, workers dissent, NGO pressure, goverment wahala etc). Your task will be to go tru the information and come up with

(a) The key issues (that can/may have the greatest impact on Shell' business

(b) Your strategy for dealing with these issues

You will discuss these issues and your strategy with 2 very senior Shell Managers

Key things they are looking for here, your ability to:
- Think out of the Box : Consider the big picture. Think about everything
- Identify the key issues, but with very good reasons
- Prepare a strategy which shows you have thought about every aspect
- articulate your thoughts verbally, with confidence.

Group Discussion

We were split first into groups of 2's (3 groups). Each group had brief's of 6 possible different projects, the group (of 2's) were to discuss merits and demerits of these projects and decide on two best projects to be undertaken by Shell in the host community. Each group of people decide on their 2 best projects (out of their 6). After this, the groups will be combined and each will make a case for their projects.

Key things they are looking for here, your ability to:
- be time concious
- Listen to other peoples opinions
- Urge quiet people to "talk"
- Balancing host community/govt need & Shell Strategic goals/ objectives

2 Likes

Re: Shell SRD 2012 by letr: 2:02pm On Sep 25, 2012
Re: Shell SRD 2012 by KingOpe: 2:14pm On Sep 25, 2012
@kkmny81

Thank you soooo much for the tips!
Gracias and God bless you richly!
Re: Shell SRD 2012 by kkmny81: 2:17pm On Sep 25, 2012
God bless u too Ope.

Godspeed in your SRD.
Re: Shell SRD 2012 by KingOpe: 2:29pm On Sep 25, 2012
@kkmny81,
Lol thanks
Re: Shell SRD 2012 by kkmny81: 2:47pm On Sep 25, 2012
Ope, R u a commercial grad or a technical graduate.

I am a commercial graduate, so mine consisted of something close to the case study.
However for a technical grad it would consist of a technical presentation.

Revert back if you r a commercial grad so i can give u details.
Re: Shell SRD 2012 by KingOpe: 3:08pm On Sep 25, 2012
@kkmny

I am a commercial grad - chose Commercial as first preffered unit and Contracting and Procurement as my second.

Thanks.
Re: Shell SRD 2012 by kkmny81: 4:23pm On Sep 25, 2012
Soory for the late response, Ope. I was having a meeting.

The last stage is composed of 2 areas:

Stage 1 - You will be given a list of functional business areas and asked to choose 1. Areas such as Finance, HR, Contracting, Marketing etc.
After you have chosen, You will be given a one page write up about an issue wrt the area chosen.You will then be given 15 mins to read it up and highlights the issues, proposed solutions, parties invloved and implications of the issues.
You will be ushered in to an interview where you will be asked various questions.keep an open mind, they can ask you anything. Anything at all.

Stage 2 - You will be asked to talk about a skill learnt and when you worked as a team.
questions will be asked around these too.

Please and Please keep an open mind and DO NOT BE TENSED UP, it can mess u up as on that day i saw grown men and women stammer away their chances just because they were irritably tensed up.

Anyway i trust you na.
Re: Shell SRD 2012 by kkmny81: 4:28pm On Sep 25, 2012
Ope word of advice.

There is nothing to read up to prepare so dont even bother.So sleep well, eat right, watch football and just relax.
Re: Shell SRD 2012 by KingOpe: 5:08pm On Sep 25, 2012
Re: Shell SRD 2012 by kkmny81: 12:47pm On Sep 26, 2012
Ope,

The questions are not tecnical they are just business related issues.Like everyday issues.
No financial reporting and nothing technical.
Re: Shell SRD 2012 by KingOpe: 9:31pm On Sep 27, 2012
Let's update one another if we hear anything

E go better
Re: Shell SRD 2012 by kreal: 7:42pm On Sep 28, 2012
My shell application status still remain shortlisted does dat min dat im sucesful from d test or wat because uptil now i have not receive any invitation or rejection mail or text. i studied engineering
Re: Shell SRD 2012 by aydj(m): 9:41pm On Sep 28, 2012
kreal: My shell application status still remain shortlisted does dat min dat im sucesful from d test or wat because uptil now i have not receive any invitation or rejection mail or text. i studied engineering
This only means that you may still be rejected. No decision has been made yet on your application. Am in the same shoes....status reads shortlisted.
Re: Shell SRD 2012 by kkmny81: 4:48pm On Oct 04, 2012
Any news my people.ope where u dey?
Re: Shell SRD 2012 by KingOpe: 10:50pm On Oct 05, 2012
Thank you guys
Re: Shell SRD 2012 by aydj(m): 1:58pm On Oct 09, 2012
Hello house, has anyone received an invite or reject e-mail to SRD in the last 2-7 days? Or do you know anyone who is invited for SRD in November? Just curious to know when Shell will start contacting those of us whose status still read "Shortlisted", if at all they will still contact us.
Any info, thanks.
Re: Shell SRD 2012 by kkmny81: 12:35pm On Oct 11, 2012
KingOpe: @kkmny

i got a mail today asking me to come in next week.

Any news? Just saw it now sef but it was sent 6 hrs ago.

Hello Ope. CONGRAAAATTTTTTTSSSSS OOOOO!!!!!
Have u attended the interview. What was it about. Do you know if any PH based person was invited also.
I still dey wait o.
Re: Shell SRD 2012 by kkmny81: 12:36pm On Oct 11, 2012
aydj: Hello house, has anyone received an invite or reject e-mail to SRD in the last 2-7 days? Or do you know anyone who is invited for SRD in November? Just curious to know when Shell will start contacting those of us whose status still read "Shortlisted", if at all they will still contact us.
Any info, thanks.

Ah! I don't know. Why dont u send them a mail.
were u successful after your first test.
Re: Shell SRD 2012 by KingOpe: 2:49pm On Oct 13, 2012
All the best to us o!

Re: Shell SRD 2012 by dannywest: 3:32pm On Oct 28, 2012
When are they calling sucessful candidates?
Re: Shell SRD 2012 by DonaldGenes(m): 6:11pm On Oct 28, 2012
Please guys what's the meaning of SRD and am just hearing that now so am I late to apply cos am pH-based! Grad of Biotechnology
Re: Shell SRD 2012 by DonaldGenes(m): 6:12pm On Oct 28, 2012
Please guys what's the meaning of SRD and am just hearing that now so am I late to apply cos am pH-based! Grad of Biotechnology!
Re: Shell SRD 2012 by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 28, 2012
DonalĂ° Genes: Please guys what's the meaning of SRD and am just hearing that now so am I late to apply cos am pH-based! Grad of Biotechnology

Shell Recruitment Day (SRD)

(1) (Reply)

On My Knees Begging Pls I Need A Job / Seven-up (7up) Graduate Trainee Programme 2023 / Visa Assistant Needed At Embassy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.