Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,471 members, 7,781,367 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:17 PM

Blinking Red Light On Ps3 - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Blinking Red Light On Ps3 (5368 Views)

FIFA 13 WORLD CUP TOURNAMENT ON PS3 AND XBOX(PRIZE $20,000) / Please Does Anyone Know How To Fix Xbox 360 Red Light Error? / Blinking Yellow and Red Light On My Ps3 Console: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blinking Red Light On Ps3 by chinig(m): 7:26pm On Sep 24, 2012
I'm in a very big dilemma with 2 of my ps3.initially it started with one of the ps3.when I tried to switch it oN,it ll show the Green light for 1sec and start blinking the red light.

I took it to a repairer and the dude told me that's the problem with big ps3,issue of red light i̶̲̥̅̊s there problem and there i̶̲̥̅̊s no solution.
I was told to get the slim one whenever I want to buy,but for now I don't have the money for it now.

Now my other ps3 i̶̲̥̅̊s now having the same problem.

I can't stay without playing my ps3 for a day,its just like my BB.
Please NL,what do I do?
Re: Blinking Red Light On Ps3 by Chrisbam(m): 9:51am On Sep 25, 2012
http://www.gamerfix.info/ps3-ylod-yellow-light-of-death/

Check there to know what really happened to your console, and it can be repaired if u get a good repairer.
Re: Blinking Red Light On Ps3 by Chrisbam(m): 10:06am On Sep 25, 2012
Re: Blinking Red Light On Ps3 by chinig(m): 12:13pm On Sep 25, 2012
@chrisbam

In d real sense mi console i̶̲̥̅̊s as gud as DEAd.
Re: Blinking Red Light On Ps3 by kayLion(m): 9:08am On Oct 11, 2012
chinig: I'm in a very big dilemma with 2 of my ps3.initially it started with one of the ps3.when I tried to switch it oN,it ll show the Green light for 1sec and start blinking the red light.

I took it to a repairer and the dude told me that's the problem with big ps3,issue of red light i̶̲̥̅̊s there problem and there i̶̲̥̅̊s no solution.
I was told to get the slim one whenever I want to buy,but for now I don't have the money for it now.

Now my other ps3 i̶̲̥̅̊s now having the same problem.

I can't stay without playing my ps3 for a day,its just like my BB.
Please NL,what do I do?

@Op, any luck yet because mine started the same thing yesterday night and I am really really concerned..what solution have u gotten now??
Re: Blinking Red Light On Ps3 by johnstar(m): 2:31pm On Oct 15, 2012
Even me self Õoº°°º, I don tire 2 Õoº°°º, my also do dsame, it started last 2 weeks, ns its d fat onesad sad sad
Re: Blinking Red Light On Ps3 by johnstar(m): 2:41pm On Oct 15, 2012
Abeg hu don repair him own
Re: Blinking Red Light On Ps3 by get2abbey(m): 10:30am On Oct 16, 2012
johnstar: Abeg hu don repair him own

guy i am sorry to inform you that u cant repair that big piece of crap cry.....it happened to me and i did all sort of research did everything but it did not work, some folks even said they were able to repair it but issue came up some few weeks/month later.

Mine ended up in the dustbin.....sorry dude
Re: Blinking Red Light On Ps3 by johnstar(m): 8:29pm On Oct 19, 2012
get2abbey:

guy i am sorry to inform you that u cant repair that big piece of crap cry.....it happened to me and i did all sort of research did everything but it did not work, some folks even said they were able to repair it but issue came up some few weeks/month later.

Mine ended up in the dustbin.....sorry dude
4 real , ar u teln me sori 4 wat I bought wit my strength, OMG, which means my game is nw useless, Õoº°°º nÕoº°°º
Re: Blinking Red Light On Ps3 by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 20, 2012
Hmm....well, that's a familiar problem. If u are in d habit of shutting off ur ps3 abruptly u are very succeptible to this problem. What u can do is this. Hold the power button for about 10secs to do a hard reboot. If dat didn't work then unplug all devices attached to ur console and repeat step one. In addition try taking out the hard disk and reseting the console without the disk. You should hear two beeps If it works at this point u can simply replace the hard disk with a laptop hard disk. If all fails then SCREAM OUT LOUD.

1 Like

Re: Blinking Red Light On Ps3 by johnstar(m): 7:20pm On Oct 21, 2012
princefunmi: Hmm....well, that's a familiar problem. If u are in d habit of shutting off ur ps3 abruptly u are very succeptible to this problem. What u can do is this. Hold the power button for about 10secs to do a hard reboot. If dat didn't work then unplug all devices attached to ur console and repeat step one. In addition try taking out the hard disk and reseting the console without the disk. You should hear two beeps If it works at this point u can simply replace the hard disk with a laptop hard disk. If all fails then SCREAM OUT LOUD.
bro, abeg pls wer do u stay so dat u will assist me in doing dat abeg, I take GOd beg u sad sad
Re: Blinking Red Light On Ps3 by smoove8448: 2:28am On Oct 22, 2012
My 120g slim, is also having the problem bt nt too often bt once I'm playing call of duty it trips off. It started when I played it online, now once the game is about starting it trips off
Re: Blinking Red Light On Ps3 by Dblack: 7:54am On Jul 12, 2013
Any solutions yet, mine just packed up.
Re: Blinking Red Light On Ps3 by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 21, 2013
I also got a playstation3 fat wit fault,each time i power it on it shows d green light & within 2secondz it shows red & refusess 2 inject a disc plate,though it got no hard disk in it,so i had 2 take it to a friend of mine dat deals wit gamez & he told me d plain truth,he said if it were 2 b another person,dat he would wrk/repair it 4 dat person & collect his money,but after 3-5weekz of repair,dat d game would still develope d same fault...he said dat d fault is frm d panel/board & dat nobody in Nigeria can fix dat problem permanently unless u change d panel/board completely...ps3 is jst a fautly & mistakely made game,but if u've repaired urz dat has similar fault as mine & itz wrkin fine plz contact me on...08161341235 or 08073771412.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blinking Red Light On Ps3 by trendytrendz: 8:46am On Jul 24, 2013
The scenario if I'm correct is that it also blinks yellow light before it powers off, if it does then its the yellow light of death syndrome and sorry to say no solution. Had the same problem with mine as far as 2009, even if u fix it, it wud still come back later. Over heating is the cause and the chip inside the game has shut down automatically to prevent damage to it. If its not being repaired by sony, my advice is to trow it away and get a slim version that runs cooler.

(1) (Reply)

530 For Brand New PS5 560 For Premium Used PS5 With Game Call Or Whatsapp 0 / How To Install Fifa 10 / FIFA 14 PS4 Online Gaming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.