Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

How Reliable Is An Audi A4 1999 Model - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Reliable Is An Audi A4 1999 Model (12443 Views)

t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. / How Reliable Are Hyundai Vehicles? / Vw Passat Or Audi A4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Reliable Is An Audi A4 1999 Model by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 25, 2012
tope24: i have a baby boy 98 model that consumes fuel and also the gear takes a lil tym to change to the next gear. also the engine makes a funny sound.
@ siena, pls advice me on d above message. thanks

Your fuel consumption will be linked to your transmission. If it takes too long to engage the next gear, the engine speeds (rpm) will remain in the higher threshold, a bit like a slipping clutch.

The first thing to do with your transmission, is to have the fluid level checked. It's most likely low, and dirty, so a flush and replenish should be your first port of call. If this doesn't change anything, then you have internal issues, beyond the scope of the average mechanic. At '98, I believe your car won't support OBD diagnostics for the transmission, make sure you use a decent garage, and best of luck.
Re: How Reliable Is An Audi A4 1999 Model by bliss750: 3:21pm On Sep 25, 2012
Siena:

Sure, but what model of Audi? undecided undecided It's like asking what Africa's like, and not mentioning countries. Audi's a make, but what model are you interested in?? And I'll need a specific year, 2002 - 2013 is way too wide, and splits down the various models into series.

a4 model. I'm thinking of getting one from u.s. Thanks for ur assistance.
Re: How Reliable Is An Audi A4 1999 Model by itsmayiela(m): 3:25pm On Sep 25, 2012
Siena:

07432 870 840

Number does not exist (have been trying it).

Pls, jus gimme insight and pricing for Audi A6 (2000 model), preferably manual transmission , petrol engine, etc.

But i still need ur details so i can arrange for purchase if i fall within budget

Thanks
Re: How Reliable Is An Audi A4 1999 Model by Freiburger(m): 3:26pm On Sep 25, 2012
I'm thinking of going into A4 parts, i.e from 95model upwards. How is the demand in Nigeria? Mr Siena i'll need you here for a word or two.
Re: How Reliable Is An Audi A4 1999 Model by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 25, 2012
itsmayiela:

Number does not exist (have been trying it).

Pls, jus gimme insight and pricing for Audi A6 (2000 model), preferably manual transmission , petrol engine, etc.

But i still need ur details so i can arrange for purchase if i fall within budget

Thanks

It exists alright. Did you add the international prefix? +44 (0) 7432 870 840. If you're calling from within the UK it will work fine without the prefix.
Re: How Reliable Is An Audi A4 1999 Model by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 25, 2012
Freiburger: I'm thinking of going into A4 parts, i.e from 95model upwards. How is the demand in Nigeria? Mr Siena i'll need you here for a word or two.

No worries.
Re: How Reliable Is An Audi A4 1999 Model by sammhi(m): 4:20pm On Sep 25, 2012
siennna,
please i need your advice my isuzu axiom jeep darts on the road at high speed and on sudden bumps or pothole. what maybe responsible?
my mechanic has changed the shocks and gallop cushions but the problem still persit. kindly proffer solution
thanks
Re: How Reliable Is An Audi A4 1999 Model by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 25, 2012
Pls my dad wants to get a toyota product but has just a sum of 630k which year product ccamryan he purchase with that and how is the mainteanance and fuel consumption.
Re: How Reliable Is An Audi A4 1999 Model by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 25, 2012
sammhi: siennna,
please i need your advice my isuzu axiom jeep darts on the road at high speed and on sudden bumps or pothole. what maybe responsible?
my mechanic has changed the shocks and gallop cushions but the problem still persit. kindly proffer solution
thanks

Shock absorbers MUST be replaced with new items only, not used. These are what take the most punishment in the suspension, and on a heavy AWD SUV, will be dead as early as 50,000 miles on Nigerian roads.

I would also be inclined to look at EVERY rubber / nylon suspension bush and ALL joints. If there's any excessive movement, the offending component must be replaced with the correct new part. The same goes for steering track rod ends.
Re: How Reliable Is An Audi A4 1999 Model by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 25, 2012
torres2: Pls my dad wants to get a toyota product but has just a sum of 630k which year product ccamryan he purchase with that and how is the mainteanance and fuel consumption.

That will net a 1996 - 1998 Toyota Camry 2,2 16V. Fuel consumption on that age of car could be average to high, depending on how it's been looked after, and how many miles it's covered. If it's a manual, it will be better on fuel.

Maintenance is easy, and parts may be cheap depending on where you buy, and what parts you're replacing.
Re: How Reliable Is An Audi A4 1999 Model by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 25, 2012
Siena:

That will net a 1996 - 1998 Toyota Camry 2,2 16V. Fuel consumption on that age of car could be average to high, depending on how it's been looked after, and how many miles it's covered. If it's a manual, it will be better on fuel.

Maintenance is easy, and parts may be cheap depending on where you buy, and what parts you're replacing.

bro i still say thank you for saving me from that A4 i intended buying the last time.

though you got insulted by the vendor, i had to keep quiet as i had gotten what i wanted.

thanks again and sorry for the insults the dude rained on the e-you he may never meet in life
Re: How Reliable Is An Audi A4 1999 Model by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 25, 2012
aguiyi:

bro i still say thank you for saving me from that A4 i intended buying the last time.

though you got insulted by the vendor, i had to keep quiet as i had gotten what i wanted.

thanks again and sorry for the insults the dude rained on the e-you he may never meet in life

That's okay bud. I found the vendor of that dog-rough Audi A4 B6 hilarious. The angrier he got, the more my amusement grew, hehehe.
Re: How Reliable Is An Audi A4 1999 Model by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 25, 2012
A significant percentage of the B5 audi A4s i have come across seem to have body integrity issues...
Re: How Reliable Is An Audi A4 1999 Model by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 25, 2012
platinumricky: A significant percentage of the B5 audi A4s i have come across seem to have body integrity issues...

That will be down to poor repairs. They don't rust, as the bodywork is fully galvanised. Mine is a '95, so almost 18-years-old. No rust, even the areas where there are scrapes that have removed the paint, the steel underneath is still grey.
Re: How Reliable Is An Audi A4 1999 Model by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 25, 2012
Siena:

thanks so much and where can we get it better is it lagos or cotonou.
Re: How Reliable Is An Audi A4 1999 Model by Simplesoul05(m): 11:38pm On Sep 25, 2012
Siena:

That will be down to poor repairs. They don't rust, as the bodywork is fully galvanised. Mine is a '95, so almost 18-years-old. No rust, even the areas where there are scrapes that have removed the paint, the steel underneath is still grey.

@SIENA
Pls do u av an idea or any information on SUZUKI BALENO 1998/1999? Pls I need your help am I'm getting one this coming month. See picture

Re: How Reliable Is An Audi A4 1999 Model by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 28, 2012
Simplesoul05: @SIENA
Pls do u av an idea or any information on SUZUKI BALENO 1998/1999? Pls I need your help am I'm getting one this coming month. See picture

Sorry, only just seen this, will get back to you shortly.

Have already bought the car?
Re: How Reliable Is An Audi A4 1999 Model by abdulkadir(m): 11:25am On Oct 28, 2012
tope24: i have a baby boy 98 model that consumes fuel and also the gear takes a lil tym to change to the next gear. also the engine makes a funny sound.
@ siena, pls advice me on d above message. thanks
alot of things can make ur car consume fuel than normal. One of it is your transmission that takes more time to select; a dirty or bad throttle body,injector and or other components of the fuel line, d engine could also be the cause if its weak; u mentioned dat it makes a funny sound tho one can hardly tell from ur dscription, d dlay in gear changing also cld be caused by a numbr of things; ur engine mounts cld be bad, ur transmission cld also have issues.
oga siena & other gurus in d house will say more.
Re: How Reliable Is An Audi A4 1999 Model by 735i(m): 6:37pm On Oct 31, 2012
My Peeps...

Please i am in urgent need of solid advice... i have an offer; to buy a 2006 Audi A4 2.0L

The car was bought brand new in 2006 and was used sparingly before it was parked. The mileage is about 30k and all the while it was being used; it was serviced by Stallion Motors.

The seller however is insisting on 1.5M and i really do no know much about Audi's
Opinions are needed please ; is it a good buy?
Re: How Reliable Is An Audi A4 1999 Model by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 31, 2012
735 i:
My Peeps...

Please i am in urgent need of solid advice... i have an offer; to buy a 2006 Audi A4 2.0L

The car was bought brand new in 2006 and was used sparingly before it was parked. The mileage is about 30k and all the while it was being used; it was serviced by Stallion Motors.

The seller however is insisting on 1.5M and i really do no know much about Audi's
Opinions are needed please ; is it a good buy?

An Audi A4 2,0 B6 at 1,5M is dirt cheap. Please don't tell me you're looking to get it cheaper than that??

Please post a picture, and the VIN, and I'll tell you more about it.
Re: How Reliable Is An Audi A4 1999 Model by realdon(m): 9:08am On Nov 18, 2012
Siena:

I'm not based in Nigeria. Your best bet would be to contact some of the Cotonou dealers on here, they should be able to source you a good one with your budget.

ur name should have been Volkswagen Audi and not Siena!
Re: How Reliable Is An Audi A4 1999 Model by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 18, 2012
realdon: ur name should have been Volkswagen Audi and not Siena!

Lol.
Re: How Reliable Is An Audi A4 1999 Model by otobong085(m): 8:33am On Jun 30, 2013
pls which model is this?

Re: How Reliable Is An Audi A4 1999 Model by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 30, 2013
otobong085: pls which model is this?

Audi A4 Avant B5 FWD, '95 - '97.
Re: How Reliable Is An Audi A4 1999 Model by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 30, 2013
Siena:

Siena, I have sought ur wise counsel repeatedly but it seems u ignore me. I nid ur advice, pls.
I have
been doing a lot of reading on
Benz 190 since I made up my mind
(courtesy of dis thread) to go for
the make.
There are two versions that have
taken my fancy and I need the
gurus to kindly assist my naivety,
pls;
I am fascinated with the 2.5-16
Evo2 and 2.6 Sportline versions of
190e, both are rare/limited edition
cars which i'd love to own one.
Which shud I go for, and why, pls?
Thanks for ur needed counsel.
Re: How Reliable Is An Audi A4 1999 Model by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jun 30, 2013
My apologies, Ninz. I wasn't purposely ignoring you, I just detest BBM!

Please open a thread for this, and I'll respond, so we don't derail this one.

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is An Audi A4 1999 Model by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jun 30, 2013
Siena: My apologies, Ninz. I wasn't purposely ignoring you, I just detest BBM!

Please open a thread for this, and I'll respond, so we don't derail this one.

Am relieved, bro.
The thread is now on at Car Talk, ur no-holds-barred counsel is solicited.
Cheers.
Re: How Reliable Is An Audi A4 1999 Model by abdulkadir(m): 3:34pm On Jul 07, 2013
ninz:
Am relieved, bro.
The thread is now on at Car Talk, ur no-holds-barred counsel is solicited.
Cheers.

link please.
Re: How Reliable Is An Audi A4 1999 Model by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 07, 2013
Re: How Reliable Is An Audi A4 1999 Model by otobong085(m): 11:22pm On Jul 10, 2013
Siena:

tx for responding. just got this baby last Saturday. so far, so good. a bit noisy though. any suggestions as to what to expect? any frequently experienced issues? pls reply. tx.
Re: How Reliable Is An Audi A4 1999 Model by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jul 10, 2013
otobong085: tx for responding. just got this baby last Saturday. so far, so good. a bit noisy though. any suggestions as to what to expect? any frequently experienced issues? pls reply. tx.

What model (engine) did you end up buying? Is it auto or manual, FWD or Quattro?
Re: How Reliable Is An Audi A4 1999 Model by otobong085(m): 3:01am On Jul 12, 2013
Siena:

What model (engine) did you end up buying? Is it auto or manual, FWD or Quattro?

manual, fwd.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Local Government Permits For Private Buses In Lagos State, Legal Or Illegal? / Renault Nissan Becomes World’s Largest Automaker. / BMW Unveils The New 2019 Z4 Roadster At This Year's Monterey Car Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.