Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,937 members, 7,806,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Agricultural Enginering Companies In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Agricultural Enginering Companies In Nigeria (18805 Views)

Female Molestation In One Of The Big Companies In Lagos. Must Read / Companies In Mulliner Towers / Agricultural Engineers Forum: Lets Meet Here And Share Our Experiences! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agricultural Enginering Companies In Nigeria by thetelz(m): 1:44am On Sep 25, 2012
Currently studying Agricultural and Environmental Engineering at University of Ibadan. Can I get a list of possible workplaces as an agricultural engineer? Thanks
Re: Agricultural Enginering Companies In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 26, 2012
the_telz: Currently studying Agricultural and Environmental Engineering at University of Ibadan. Can I get a list of possible workplaces as an agricultural engineer? Thanks
Wht lvl are you?
Re: Agricultural Enginering Companies In Nigeria by thetelz(m): 5:50pm On Sep 26, 2012
100l
Re: Agricultural Enginering Companies In Nigeria by AjanleKoko: 12:11pm On Sep 27, 2012
the_telz: 100l

Still time for you to change to mechanical or industrial engineering.

1 Like

Re: Agricultural Enginering Companies In Nigeria by thetelz(m): 1:07am On Sep 30, 2012
Why?
Re: Agricultural Enginering Companies In Nigeria by deolub: 12:43pm On Sep 30, 2012
If you can change please work towards that...except if agricultural engineering is what you really have passion for....as for coys...where agricultural engineer is needed...apart from research institutes like IITA and feed mills...I remember vividly coys like flour mills asking people wiv background in agric engineering to apply for positions like milling engineers...etc..buh the main thing is for you to do your research very well and of course come out with a good grade....!!!!!
Re: Agricultural Enginering Companies In Nigeria by AjanleKoko: 1:21pm On Sep 30, 2012
the_telz: Why?

It's better to study one of the generic engineering disciplines. You can easily fit into any industry, not just agric-related.
But not to worry. It doesn't really matter what you study at bachelors' these days. You can do just about anything else, after you're done with that foundation. Just try and figure out what you really want to do.
Re: Agricultural Enginering Companies In Nigeria by deolub: 1:32pm On Sep 30, 2012
AjanleKoko:

It's better to study one of the generic engineering disciplines. You can easily fit into any industry, not just agric-related.
But not to worry. It doesn't really matter what you study at bachelors' these days. You can do just about anything else, after you're done with that foundation. Just try and figure out what you really want to do.

Yes boss gaskiya you said everything...just that he should make sure he graduate wiv a very good result....minimum of second class upper...its very important with that am sure you can fit in anywhere at the entry level
Re: Agricultural Enginering Companies In Nigeria by ocelot2006(m): 10:55pm On Oct 02, 2012
Why not switch to mechanical engineering? It is broader.
Re: Agricultural Enginering Companies In Nigeria by Walexz02(m): 9:29am On Mar 06, 2013
Why is it that whenever you tell people you are studying Agric. Engineering they will always advice you to change, why please Dnt we have our own life to live? Abi is it in Nigeria that Agric Engineering is ridiculled like this?
Re: Agricultural Enginering Companies In Nigeria by AjanleKoko: 9:42am On Mar 06, 2013
Walexz02: Why is it that whenever you tell people you are studying Agric. Engineering they will always advice you to change, why please Dnt we have our own life to live? Abi is it in Nigeria that Agric Engineering is ridiculled like this?

Bros, do not take offence.
The OP did not sound like he had a lifelong dream to study agric engineering. He wanted to find out the viability of that discipline, and people have advised him to go for one of the more generic ones. If his lifelong ambition is to become an agric engineer, nobody is holding him na undecided
Re: Agricultural Enginering Companies In Nigeria by Walexz02(m): 3:46pm On Mar 06, 2013
Nnah! Notin do u jare... No offece, d tin just vex me small nani///
Re: Agricultural Enginering Companies In Nigeria by Gooding55(m): 7:22am On May 17, 2015
I have a very good degree in agricultural engineering but I keep regretting everyday as am still unemployed because the course is always classified irrelevant any where I attend interviews. I am presently about completing my masters in power and process engineering to see if it can change something, my class mates too complain f the same thing...to me don't gamble studying agric engineering, that word Agric makes it sound irrelevant, RUN!
Re: Agricultural Enginering Companies In Nigeria by mosefin19(m): 10:36am On May 18, 2015
Gooding55:
I have a very good degree in agricultural engineering but I keep regretting everyday as am still unemployed because the course is always classified irrelevant any where I attend interviews. I am presently about completing my masters in power and process engineering to see if it can change something, my class mates too complain f the same thing...to me don't gamble studying agric engineering, that word Agric makes it sound irrelevant, RUN!

u said d word agric.. but my who study agric econs and extension is currently making millions..now

1 Like

Re: Agricultural Enginering Companies In Nigeria by hassbayero: 10:38pm On Sep 22, 2015
Gentle men.i have no regrets for having read Agricultural and Environmental Engineering. Please allow experts to advice these young ones. I read comments and realize those commenting do not really know this field or are not conversant with industry practice. An Agricultural Engineer is a versatile engineer that fits in perfectly in all engineering fields. By His grace, I started with OND, HND, PGD,AND now an M.Eng in Agricultural and Environmental Engineering. I am 50 years old.With my over 26 years in this noble profession (I specialize in farm power and machinery), I have worked in agriculture (Agric Engineer), road construction (maintence engineer)repairs and maintenance of heavy machines and equipments and presently in transportation and logistics as director fleet operations. If you read in combination with Environmental, you fit in perfectly in environmental roles.

The most important fact is that you must be up and doing. Personal knowledge improvement and zeal to excel are the tools that helped me to transverse these areas. Professional membership gives you a better edge. Starting with NIAE, NSE, COREN AND ASABE. Friends the sky will never be your limit as an Agricultural Engineer. Be proud, go ahead with your studies and God is already on your side.

7 Likes

Re: Agricultural Enginering Companies In Nigeria by YoungestDonJoe: 12:45pm On Sep 20, 2016
ocelot2006:
Why not switch to mechanical engineering? It is broader.
Who told you Agricultural Engineering is not broad? It is even broader than all engineering courses.

(1) (Reply)

OpenAI (ChatGPT) Sacks Sam Altman (CEO) / It Certification From The British Computer Society Equivalent To Bsc From Uk / When You Leave School, The First Thing On Your To-do List Shouldn't Be NYSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.