Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,913 members, 7,799,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations (9132 Views)

When Engine Oil Dip Stick Smells Of Petrol. / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Petrol @ 97 Naira Per Litre ( Petrol Saving Tips For Your Cars & Suvs ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by 2Mekus: 11:21am On Sep 25, 2012
Got a rude shock this morning when I drove to some filling stations at Ago-Palace, Okota in Lagos to top-up my car-fuel tank. The attendant calmly told me they sell at N120 per litre. Yet, the metre still indicates N97 per litre. Clutching a hand-held calculator he grinned at me as he announced the price. I could only mutter a curse on him as I speedily made a U-turn and drove away. But my check at the next three stations indicated the same. There was no queue; in fact some were empty and with the product available, it is brazenly being sold at such high price.

Whatever happened to the government Regulatory Agency tasked with the responsibility of checking the excesses of these Shylock Marketers? angry angry
Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by Kx: 11:29am On Sep 25, 2012
You have a choice to buy at that price or move elsewhere and buy at the normal price.

FYI.
Fuel stations along Lagos Ibadan Expressway, Berger Bus Stop, Ibafo, Mowe, Redeem etc sells for N110 per liter worked out with a calculator while the metre still read N97 per litre.

However, fuel stations in the island, precisely Total-Sura, Mobil-Onikan, Oando-Marina etc still sell for N97 per litre with no queue.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by 2Mekus: 11:48am On Sep 25, 2012
Kx: You have a choice to buy at that price or move elsewhere and buy at the normal price.

FYI.
Fuel stations along Lagos Ibadan Expressway, Berger Bus Stop, Ibafo, Mowe, Redeem etc sells for N110 per liter worked out with a calculator while the metre still read N97 per litre.

However, fuel stations in the island, precisely Total-Sura, Mobil-Onikan, Oando-Marina etc still sell for N97 per litre with no queue.

Now what kind of rude choice is that? There has not been any announcement on official increase of the price. Why would it be the same marketers who are paid billions of dollars in subsidy that will give me such a devilish choice to make?
Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by kcsider: 11:51am On Sep 25, 2012
2Mekus: Got a rude shock this morning when I drove to some filling stations at Ago-Palace, Okota in Lagos to top-up my car-fuel tank. The attendant calmly told me they sell at N120 per litre. Yet, the metre still indicates N97 per litre. Clutching a hand-held calculator he grinned at me as he announced the price. I could only mutter a curse on him as I speedily made a U-turn and drove away. But my check at the next three stations indicated the same. There was no queue; in fact some were empty and with the product available, it is brazenly being sold at such high price.

Whatever happened to the government Regulatory Agency tasked with the responsibility of checking the excesses of these Shylock Marketers? angry angry

i wonder what this country is turning into!!! Eeeeeeh! this is very disgusting........ Nigerians inhumanity to fellow Nigerians!!!!
Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by nairaman66(m): 11:53am On Sep 25, 2012
Got a rude shock this morning when I drove to some filling stations at Ago-Palace, Okota in Lagos to top-up my car-fuel tank. The attendant calmly told me they sell at N120 per litre. Yet, the metre still indicates N97 per litre. Clutching a hand-held calculator he grinned at me as he announced the price. I could only mutter a curse on him as I speedily made a U-turn and drove away. But my check at the next three stations indicated the same. There was no queue; in fact some were empty and with the product available, it is brazenly being sold at such high price.

Whatever happened to the government Regulatory Agency tasked with the responsibility of checking the excesses of these Shylock Marketers?

Thank your stars... It is sold at N280/litre in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State as at yesterday! Shocking?
Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by Kslib(m): 11:54am On Sep 25, 2012
I am tired of complaining and repeating the same thing everyday... So therefore:
This post has been hidden....

1 Like

Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by LeCoq: 11:54am On Sep 25, 2012
2Mekus:

...question grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 25, 2012
WELCOME TO 9JA
Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by texazzpete(m): 11:56am On Sep 25, 2012
FRESH AIR!! grin cheesy
Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by free2ryhme: 11:57am On Sep 25, 2012
go occupy abuja .. Are Shylock Marketers on NL grin
Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by mkmyers45(m): 11:57am On Sep 25, 2012
nairaman66:

Thank your stars... It is sold at N280/litre in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State as at yesterday! Shocking?

What? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by manutayo(m): 12:01pm On Sep 25, 2012
For the past 2 weeks here fuel price has been btw 100-120
Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by Kx: 12:02pm On Sep 25, 2012
2Mekus:

[b]Now what kind of rude choice is that? There has not been any announcement on official increase of the price. Why would it be the same marketers who are paid billions of dollars in subsidy that will give me such a devilish choice to make?[/b]

Bro, direct your question to the so called authority.
I only gave you that information to prove to you that you could get the same product at the same so called official rate of N97 per litre in those fuel stations highlighted. At least if I was comfortable with the N110 per litre they offered, I wont nt have moved out to discover those other places that the price is normal.
If you and I accept everything they push down our throat hook line and sinker, they will be reenforced to keep increasing the price arbitrarily.
Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by browncool(m): 12:06pm On Sep 25, 2012
Why is my country crumpling and folding up this fast? Why wouldn't the Nigerian government stand up for what is right even if its once in their life time. Fuel prices basically affects every other thing in Nigeria it pains me more not only because I have loved ones back there who are suffering with this harsh condition but also because it's my own country and it's your country too folks.
Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by COOLDUN: 12:11pm On Sep 25, 2012
This is so ridiculous, where we not told by the federal government that the price of fuel will not be tampered with? The end of Nigeria is at sight. Call me any name you like. The truth remains that Nigeria has no government. Where are the lootmakers sorry law makers? The punishment of tyranny is death by the mob. What happened in Romania on the 24th December 1989, to former president will happen in Nigeria very soon. The flag will soon fly half as warned by T.B Joshua.
Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by cantell(m): 12:12pm On Sep 25, 2012
Kx: You have a choice to buy at that price or move elsewhere and buy at the normal price.

Oh! What a big foool!
This bonzo could still be living off his parents, so he has no idea what is really happening.
@op,
The one i bought yesterday was a 120 per litre.
It was so annoying.
Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by tsomething: 12:16pm On Sep 25, 2012
Am suprised Lagosians are just getting a feel of what people across the Niger have been suffering since!! Just so you know we have been buying fuel for 120 /litre ever before the sallah holiday and you can only get fuel at N97/litre at major marketers (with very long queues). We haven't complained cos we have since been used to buying petroluem products far above pump price, and that was the major reason why peeps at these side didn't join Lagosians in the Subsidy strike protest and not reason because GEJ was our tribes man like many people were made to believe!! Tell me why I should go and protest for fuel subsidy when I know I won't enjoy it??

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 25, 2012
how will this affect the price of garri?

it will affect the price of garri cos the rate of change of supply is directly proportional to the price stability of fuel, therefore we can postulate that the price of garri will increase thus causing a negative effect on the masses!

garri 101

1 Like

Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by dabrake(m): 12:23pm On Sep 25, 2012
N120/L is the standard price here in uyo(except nnpc). It's even on their metres sef.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by Countryman93: 12:24pm On Sep 25, 2012
This is the number 1 reason why i think the NLC got it wrong on subsidy withdrawal. There was no need opposing it in the first instance if the reversal was not going to be full.
This halfway measure is more fatal to Nigerians. It could have been better if they even allowed government to have their way and let's hold them into account for their promises.
Besides,retaining subsidy regime continues to give room for corruption in subsidy payments and stalling the growth of private refineries in Nigeria.
The subsidy regime also encourages the oil marketers to hold Nigeria to ransome. We are almost paying the dreaded pump price under the subsidy regime.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 25, 2012
Thank God my friend owns a filling station grin
Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by Abali1(m): 12:28pm On Sep 25, 2012
t-something:
Am suprised Lagosians are just getting a feel of what people across the Niger have been suffering since!! Just so you know we have been buying fuel for 120 /litre ever before the sallah holiday and you can only get fuel at N97/litre at major marketers (with very long queues). We haven't complained cos we have since been used to buying petroluem products far above pump price, and that was the major reason why peeps at these side didn't join Lagosians in the Subsidy strike protest and not reason because GEJ was our tribes man like many people were made to believe!! Tell me why I should go and protest for fuel subsidy when I know I won't enjoy it??

Here in the East we have been buying fuel at 110 or 115 or 120, for a very long time. Major marketers hardly sell their product during the day. It's either very early in the morning or very late in the evening and not up to 2hrs.
I believe the 97 naira pump price is for major cities such as Lagos, Abuja, etc

1 Like

Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by 2Mekus: 12:36pm On Sep 25, 2012
nairaman66:

What? shocked And you haven't occupied Yenegoa since? Then, you guys have inelastic shock-absobers. Wait, make the thing spread for Lagos and you will see occupy Lagos Season 2. Just watch. angry

1 Like

Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 25, 2012
Enugu are saling btwin 125-130 opon dat 4 liters wil look lyk 2 & half.
Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by toluxa1(m): 12:45pm On Sep 25, 2012
It was being sold at N125/litre here in Minna and you pay extra N200 if you wanna fill your tank or buy in gallons. But I think things are now returning to normal since yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by ayox2003: 12:51pm On Sep 25, 2012
Last saturday I went to see a friend at Ikorodu, on getting to his house my fuel gauge was at reserve. We went to a filling station and it was sold to me at 110. I was shocked cos the meter was on 97. Anyways, I filled the tank cos my friend hinted that it might be higher this week.

When I asked the manager of the station why he sells at 110 he said he bought it 105 and that a "major" pipeline had been vandalised by rogues.

I hope the price goes back to 97 but with what GEJ said about the subsidy protest last week, I smell shyt.

Frawzey
Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by 9free(m): 12:52pm On Sep 25, 2012
Here in JTown, we no dey even see am to buy at whatever price
Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by xtivin(m): 12:54pm On Sep 25, 2012
these filling station own too much jor,above d fuel price hike,majority of dem still adjust their meter,atimes buying a black market is better sef....May God help us in dis country
Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by dioman: 1:00pm On Sep 25, 2012
hahahahahahahahahaha lagos....funy place. in akwa ibom 4 2 wks nw we've been buying fuel @ 120per litre bt we aint shaking...

1 Like

Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 25, 2012
Here in portharcourt its being sold for N120 per litre for the past 3weeks or more. On the pump, its written 97 naira but they charge N120. The most annoying part is that most of these filling stations have altered their meters to the extent that their one litre, is actually half litre. So we buy half litre for N120. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by abdulkayus(m): 1:05pm On Sep 25, 2012
And wen ppl are callin for mass protest fuel subsidy, some peeps felt dat it was arrange cos their tribal man is d president, so una c am nw. God punish devil. Nigerians, sufferin and smilin
Re: Fuel Is N120 Per Litre In Lagos Petrol Stations by Koolking(m): 1:27pm On Sep 25, 2012
I thought people voted for GEJ because he eradicated fuel queues at fuel stations. Whatever happens to this feat now?. SMH, Nigeria, a land where pigs fly.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Car Repair Safety Rules You Should Not Overlook / The Top 10 Most Annoying Driving Habits / We Will Seize Vehicles That Drive Against Traffic Until End Of Christmas - FRSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.