Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants (11435 Views)

Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! / Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants / FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by prettyG: 2:39pm On Sep 25, 2012
Power Plants Buyers Named

The Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE) has announced the preferred bidders for five power generation plants as part of its plans to privatise Nigeria's electricity sector.

Making the announcement at a ceremony in Abuja, the BPE revealed that a consortium, which includes Transcorp, was the highest bidder for the Ughelli Power company, offering $300 million.

Geregu Power plant was won by a bid of $132 million which was made by a group that includes Forte Oil, a petrol firm majority-owned by billionaire oil tycoon Femi Otedola.

Bolanle Onagoruwa, the BPE's Director-General, who gave assurances of the Bureau's commitment to international best practices the opening of the financial bids for the sale of five electricity generation companies, said that eight companies bided for the generation companies located in Geregu, Ughelli, Sapele, Shiroro and Kainji.

BPE paid two local television stations to transmit the event live in order to bolster public and investor confidence in the privatisation exercise, which had been trailed by controversy.

According to the BPE DG, three bidders; Feniks Electricity, Transcorp and Wood Rock/Symbion Power/Medea/PSL/Thomasen and Amperion Power Distribution Ltd, were deemed qualified by the NCP for Ughelli Power Plc.

For Sapele Power Plc, CMEC/EURAFRIC Energy and JBN-Nestoil Power Services were the bidders, while Amperion Power Distribution Ltd emerged for Geregu Power Plc. Also Mainstream Energy Solutions bidded for the Kainji Power Plc while North-South Power was listed for Shiroro Power Plc.

On Afam Power Plc, the sixth generation company put up for sale, the privatisation agency said no bidder was technically qualified for the company.

The World Bank, USAID, Britain's Department for International Development (DFID) and the African Development Bank (AfDB) sent observers to the event which was also observed by representatives of the EFCC and the ICPC.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/power-plant-buyers-named
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by OAM4J: 2:57pm On Sep 25, 2012
Interesting!

Going to the owners of Nigeria.
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 25, 2012
People can see why Nigeria is a joke! Transcorp! Otedola! I dey laugh.
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by Kslib(m): 3:06pm On Sep 25, 2012
Pls does anyone knows the current price for one bag of beans? I have already bought garri...

6 Likes

Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by Shuen: 3:06pm On Sep 25, 2012
OTEDOLA AGAIN!!! Definitely,this guy is fronting for some people in high places.
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by alienware(m): 3:07pm On Sep 25, 2012
i need nairaland advice badly, i have been trying get people here to help me decide. MODERATOR HELP ME.https://www.nairaland.com/1056930/planning-trekking-lagos-maiduguri-pls

1 Like

Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by Pergrace: 3:09pm On Sep 25, 2012
Shuen: OTEDOLA AGAIN!!! Definitely,this guy is fronting for some people in high places.

no be today ohh..
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by feelamong(m): 3:10pm On Sep 25, 2012
Shuen: OTEDOLA AGAIN!!! Definitely,this guy is fronting for some people in high places.

SAME OTEDOLA AGAIN WHO EVEN ALLOWED HIM TO BID? I THOT HE HAD BEEN BLACKLISTED BY CBN?

ANYWAY LET ME SEE HOW HE WILL GET THE MONEY TO PAY UP FOR THE AMOUNT HE BIDDED FOR?

BABA GOD!!!! WETIN WE DO FOR ALL THIS SUFFERING FOR NAIJA NAAA?? angry
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by feelamong(m): 3:11pm On Sep 25, 2012
Kslib: Pls does anybone knows the current price for one bag of beans? I have already bought garri...

Are you asking for the price here in banana Island or the price in Potiskum?

1 Like

Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by stagger: 3:13pm On Sep 25, 2012
The same people.
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by ShehuAba(m): 3:13pm On Sep 25, 2012
Abegi. What's my own concern. Na dem sabi!
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by naptu2: 3:14pm On Sep 25, 2012
Me: It'll be better if we privatise and liberalise our power sector.

Her: Generator importers and diesel merchants will never allow it.

Me: They could buy into the power system. There should be a lot of opportunities for them to make money while Nigerians get steady power.

6 Likes

Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by highlandre(m): 3:14pm On Sep 25, 2012
This is a ruse. So Otedola's company was most qualified abi? Everything na man-know-man for this country abeg...hmmn
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by eaglechild: 3:14pm On Sep 25, 2012
Next thing we go hear say Jimoh Ibrahim don buy one.
Mschewwwwww!
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by DANILSA(m): 3:15pm On Sep 25, 2012
Please they should just make sure we have light @ the end, that's my only problem.

1 Like

Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by ibsmooth: 3:20pm On Sep 25, 2012
bayooooooo: People can see why Nigeria is a joke! Transcorp! Otedola! I dey laugh.
God in his infinate mercies will bless u and ur family unborn.I av said it in different fora that Nigeria problems requires indepth thinking and analysis.Over $23b expended with non com miserable. Result,now that amount is going down the drain whilst those politicians that have brought us to this mess got the nod of BPE to acquire this power stations.Next will be the distribution stations and our roads,health and our wives,children and parents.

1 Like

Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by Kslib(m): 3:20pm On Sep 25, 2012
DANILSA: Please they should just make sure we have light @ the end, that's my only problem.
Dont say that!! What if there is light and the price of garri increases?

2 Likes

Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by Soundmind(m): 3:24pm On Sep 25, 2012
Pls, did Barth Nnaji buy any?
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by Josh316(m): 3:24pm On Sep 25, 2012
Dont worry about OteDOLLAR, cos i am sure like NITEL, he wont raise the money for the down payment and will lose this bid to the second preferred bidder... wink
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by bory09(m): 3:26pm On Sep 25, 2012
Hum... Niger people we don start again. Glory be to God they don finish thier mago mago see who wan buy ham. We all know that they deliberatly sell ham 4 themselves. I dey pray sha make God help us 4rm dis corrupt prob. Hum..Na wao
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by Dee60: 3:26pm On Sep 25, 2012
We are waiting for them to pay. What is FG going to do with the proceeds? Share it back to the same set of people as they did in the fuel subsidy case? I pay you USD200million and get back USD300 through the back door! In that case I have taken over a national asset and have gotten a bonus for doing that? What is FG going to do with the proceeds? Tell the people now! Thank you.
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by k2039: 3:26pm On Sep 25, 2012
[size=14pt]Those sabotaging the nation's power sector are the same people buying it over now.[/size]
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by frankzone: 3:27pm On Sep 25, 2012
On Afam Power Plc, the sixth generation company put up for sale, the privatisation agency said no bidder was technically qualified for the company

So they seriously want to lock Nnaji out? The only professional in the area! Pity naija

4 Likes

Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by Joey82(m): 3:29pm On Sep 25, 2012
so which of the company's belongs to Barth Nnaji?
I thought that was among the reasons he resigned.
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by johndahray(m): 3:31pm On Sep 25, 2012
The day 9ja will be great is when we revolt like what happened in Libya nd d rest of middle east.We are jst been fooled by few pple playing us like cards.I feel disturbed each time I realised I am a Nigerian. No good story to talk about what a pity
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by naptu2: 3:31pm On Sep 25, 2012
Dee60: We are waiting for them to pay. What is FG going to do with the proceeds? Share it back to the same set of people as they did in the fuel subsidy case? I pay you USD200million and get back USD300 through the back door! In that case I have taken over a national asset and have gotten a bonus for doing that? What is FG going to do with the proceeds? Tell the people now! Thank you.

+1000.

It would also be nice to know what happened to the proceeds of the telecom license auction.
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 25, 2012
Thats why they get NNAJI out, When his Name is Bolanle why wont he compromise...mtscheeew undecided
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by AjanleKoko: 3:34pm On Sep 25, 2012
Dem don comot Nnaji for setting.
Na wa. Well played undecided

1 Like

Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by Olaone1: 3:39pm On Sep 25, 2012
AjanleKoko: Dem don comot Nnaji for setting.

grin grin
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by Olaone1: 3:39pm On Sep 25, 2012
AjanleKoko: Dem don comot Nnaji for setting.

grin grin
Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 25, 2012
Nairalanders, your primary interest should be 247 electricity, that is at least, what you clamored for. Leave the businessmen to handle their parts and be prepaid to pay your bills cos 247 electricity will be a dream come true. Stop this class warfare.

2 Likes

Re: BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants by doctokwus: 3:43pm On Sep 25, 2012
DANILSA: Please they should just make sure we have light @ the end, that's my only problem.
Rubbish!First,so because u want light u must get it at all cost,evn if dey av to rob u of your money,use d mony to buy d power companies& den demand u pay dem again.Secondly,d winners are a big joke to d psyche of any decent human on earth.Thirdly,d likes of Otedola and d other winners can never provide efficient power supply& will most likely ground d power stations;these are pple wt no genuine,innovative idea of how to run a biz without govt patronage& waivers.Did I also see transcorp there?Dat name alone completes d comedy dis whole power privatisation thing is all about.Transcorp,Otedola,next tin is to hear dat boyloaf,tompolo& Asari are d winners of d Afam power plant!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ayade Celebrates 49th Birthday With Bakassi IDPs, Donates Foodstuffs (Photos) / Inflation To Fall In 2024 — CBN Governor, Cardoso / ACN Advises Abati To Mind His Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.