Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) (19215 Views)

Archbishop, Imam Join Hands To Diffuse CAR Violence / Egypt Teacher Cuts Hair Of Schoolgirls For Not Wearing Muslim Hijab / Israeli Authorities Prevent 17 Palestinians From Getting Necessary Eye Surgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by sunrise4u: 4:25pm On Oct 02, 2012
Obinoscopy: madness
thats not madness my dear, evn d bible said it. So he is rigth to cut his hand.
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by seunfly: 4:32pm On Oct 02, 2012
Gee001: Dat was one hell of a decision he took. If only pple knew d traumas he faces after stealing, he actually feels bad afta each stealing n dat is wot I call a man wt a conscience but u get mind sha.

i hope our politicians and civil servants can do half of samething he has done.
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by maclatunji: 4:43pm On Oct 02, 2012
ghettodreamz: He's being a firm believer. I wonder what he would have done, if it was his manhood that causes him to sin here angry

I am sure the guy is not saying that his hands "cause" him to steal. However, he feels they are the instruments that enable him to steal. Without them stealing for him becomes difficult. What he needed to have done is seek medical treatment for his mental illness not what he has done.
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by PosCaricature: 5:02pm On Oct 02, 2012
Should have been better for him to pluck out those eyes with which he sees what he steals.
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by Halogen50(m): 5:19pm On Oct 02, 2012
sdiq: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA MOUTH FIT PICK SOMETHING NOW

. . . and then, he will have to cut off the mouth too
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by mallorca(m): 5:45pm On Oct 02, 2012
He is sick
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 02, 2012
Kleptomania is the inability to refrain from the urge to steal items for reasons other than personal use or financial gain. He should have sought for ways to manage or contain it, instead of destroying what he can't create. Ignorance is truely a disease. ISLAM!
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by ebukah: 5:57pm On Oct 02, 2012
i no knw d kind mind wey dis arabs get sef!....cut ma own hands with ma clear eyes? undecidedi no knw d kind mind wey dis arabs get sef!....cut ma own hands with ma clear eyes? Never!
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by ignis: 6:00pm On Oct 02, 2012
CrazyMan: *Thinking aloud*

If our leaders can adopt this strategy, it would be better for us.
Why only our leaders? why not yourself and all the whole nigerians?
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 02, 2012
Talk about Nipping the problem in the bud.
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by Pukkah: 6:16pm On Oct 02, 2012
kariolality: That guy will never become somebody in life again...How will he eat,dress,defend,drive,DO THINGS e.t.c...

Nah! Perish that fallacy.

Have you heard about John Foppe - the man that was born without his two arms? He writes, dresses, eats, drives, etc with his legs. He even wears his watch on his ankle.

I have a book that was autographed by him.

See his picture below.

Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by moderatorr: 7:07pm On Oct 02, 2012
mickey5000: Ignorance.

It was not his hand that was at fault. the nature and ability to steal is in him. now that the hands are gone, i'm very sure that he will still have the urge to steal and would find a way to do it without his hands.

What he needed was to practice to discipline himself from within, abstaining from the wrong thought and seek help from those that could help him.

He had made himself useless now.
what he needed was prayer.
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by searay(m): 7:36pm On Oct 02, 2012
Stealing is in the heart not the hands.
This is stupidity at it's best.
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by Goldenheart(m): 7:45pm On Oct 02, 2012
bright007: After d first wrist was gone,which wrist did he use in cutting the second wrist off....coccck and bull story
ur so dull pal.....have u heard of lathe machine?
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by Fidtad: 7:48pm On Oct 02, 2012
johnstar: Fear first catch me o, I tnk say na 9ja man go cut him hand grin grin, which 9ja man go even do dis 1 self, cheesy cheesy
for where? this can not happen in my country NIGERIA.
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by segcymoor(m): 8:50pm On Oct 02, 2012
According to the bible, if your eyes will lead you to sin, pluck it out......So what concern him about Bible writing as against Quran he believe in! d poor boy dont know he can even steal from heart. Ignorant!
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by segcymoor(m): 8:53pm On Oct 02, 2012
Dat reminds me.. Good example for all womaniser. Cut ur manhood! and thou shall make d heaven!
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by armadeo(m): 9:15pm On Oct 02, 2012
bright007: After d first wrist was gone,which wrist did he use in cutting the second wrist off....coccck and bull story

That's the only reason I opened this thread.and question unanswered

1 Like

Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by Classicalman(m): 9:17pm On Oct 02, 2012
Timijo: According to the bible, if your eyes will lead you to sin, pluck it out! and that is exactly what Egyptian, Ali Afifi did only he didn’t pluck out his eyes but cut off his hands from his wrists.
Ali took the severe decision following his inability to stop stealing and the feeling of guilt that comes over him after every act of theft.
In a situation he described asa ‘battle pitched’ against the devil, Afifi, 27, went to the main train station in the western Egyptian town of Tanta four years ago and waited for the train to approach where he was before dipping his hands under its wheels as hundredsof other train passengers watched in horror.
Following the shock of what happened, Afifi’s father sent him to an assylum. Following his release, Afifi sought the help of a local Islamic scholar to assist in chopping off the other wrist but the man refused citing the fact that he was not a ruler nor in a position to make that decision.
Rather, the Islamic scholar advised him to repent and seek God’s help. Left with no other choice, Afifi decided to carry out the act by himself. According to him(Afifi), “when I was finally released from theassylum a few months ago, I cut the other hand off to make sure I’ll never steal again.

http://www.informationnigeria.org/2012/09/bizarre-27-year-old-man-cuts-off-his-own-hands-to-prevent-him-from-stealing.html
when i saw this headline, i knew only a muslim could commit this act. Well i wish him luck in his future endevours.
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by latbas(m): 10:03pm On Oct 02, 2012
SlyIg: ISLAM
.u be mumu,wetin concern islam wit dis .idiot
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by Rick9(m): 10:05pm On Oct 02, 2012
RICK9 NAIRALAND EMPEROR: .

VERY SERIOUS: But that wasnt wat Jesus meant oh. Self discipline. Is the major tin. Nt chopping your hands off. Somtimes i wonda if some people's brain are infested with earth worm
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by Nobody: 11:40pm On Oct 02, 2012
Okay! This is Another Mumu White Aboki
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by cesil92: 11:54pm On Oct 02, 2012
I recommend this to our leaders and other corrupt Nigerians. I'm sure they would all be laughing at d guy
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by mickey5000(m): 7:50am On Oct 03, 2012
CrazyMan: *Thinking aloud*

If our leaders can adopt this strategy, it would be better for us.

YOUR USER NAME IS AS IRRELEVANT As YOUR OPINION.
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by muyenmuyen: 8:24am On Oct 03, 2012
wonder shall not end
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 03, 2012
Timijo: That is it.

That's not it. I remember a Pastor Nick that was born without arms or legs (not exactly sure), but ended up becoming useful for himself and others. If this assylum returnee can get his sense back, he may get his life back too. As for defending himself, he may just have to use his head and legs #lol#
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by desthan(m): 9:27am On Oct 03, 2012
you don't need your hands to steal. . .
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by Lukatarule(m): 6:41pm On Oct 03, 2012
Timijo: That is it.
his dcision was a wise one but more foolish,was anybody pushin him to go and steal? Cant he stop?instead of cuting off his hand.i 1da if he tinks on how he wil feed,baf, and do oda tins bfo goin to cut off his hand.Dis guy is a complet fool and i dont tink his category falls under christianity
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by Gudugbem(m): 10:30am On Oct 04, 2012
abuaoyen: d guy na big fool!
hw come

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Misconception In Islam: Alcohol Is Forbidden In All Forms / Common Reasons For Late Marriage / 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Islam And The Prophet Muhammad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.