Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,864 members, 7,802,772 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

Do You Think You Are Handsome Or Beautiful? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Do You Think You Are Handsome Or Beautiful? (2326 Views)

Another Hoax!!! The Man Too Handsome For Saudi Arabia Who Wasn’t (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think You Are Handsome Or Beautiful? by BabaAlaji(m): 5:23pm On Sep 25, 2012
Do u think u are Handsome or Beatiful??

You are rich?
You are strong?
You are INDEPENDENT?
You don't NEED anyone?

Okay now, what About when you die??

You NEED someone to clean your body.
You NEED someone to cover your body with Kaffan..
You NEED someone to burry your body. And,
The most important thing, You need Someone to pray for You. So don't be Arrogant!!
Be Humble in this world!!

Remember shaitaan was not a stupid but he was arrogant.

A very good Reminder for myself first.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Think You Are Handsome Or Beautiful? by maclatunji: 10:45am On Sep 28, 2012
Short and concise.
Re: Do You Think You Are Handsome Or Beautiful? by sino(m): 12:37pm On Sep 28, 2012
Jazakumullah khayran for this advice, it reminds me of this nasheed i like so much by Raihan(im not sure) called Humility.
Re: Do You Think You Are Handsome Or Beautiful? by BabaAlaji(m): 11:37pm On Sep 28, 2012
sino: Jazakumullah khayran for this advice, it reminds me of this nasheed i like so much by Raihan(im not sure) called Humility.

tnx 4going via it.
Re: Do You Think You Are Handsome Or Beautiful? by tpia5: 6:01am On Sep 29, 2012
Death comes to everybody whether beautiful or ugly, rich or poor.

I get your point but there's no need to demonize people solely because of their looks.

Judge them by their character first.

Otherwise you might run the risk of unfairly persecuting somebody based on your personal biases.

If perchance you are referring to someone you know personally who is vain and arrogant because they think they are better than others, then you could still reword your post to reflect your feelings.
Re: Do You Think You Are Handsome Or Beautiful? by BabaAlaji(m): 9:50am On Sep 29, 2012
tpia@:
Death comes to everybody whether beautiful or ugly, rich or poor.

I get your point but there's no need to demonize people solely because of their looks.

Judge them by their character first.

Otherwise you might run the risk of unfairly persecuting somebody based on your personal biases.

If perchance you are referring to someone you know personally who is vain and arrogant because they think they are better than others, then you could still reword your post to reflect your feelings.
tnx 4dat, but if you can check my last words.
I said, a very good reminder for myself first.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think You Are Handsome Or Beautiful? by tpia5: 5:42pm On Sep 29, 2012
Seemed more like a threat than a journal.
Re: Do You Think You Are Handsome Or Beautiful? by BabaAlaji(m): 10:05pm On Sep 29, 2012
tpia@:
Seemed more like a threat than a journal.

choose the one that suit you, Threat or Journal.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think You Are Handsome Or Beautiful? by tpia5: 5:26pm On Sep 30, 2012
its not really my concern, just pointing out i dont think its necessary to discriminate against someone simply because you dont like the fact that they're good looking.

that's the appearance God gave them- are you questioning God for doing so?

that's why i said judge by character before looks.

I personally do not value beauty over good character, not saying everyone should be the same way, but your thread is somehow.

If you're trying to preach the virtues of humility, then maybe this is your way getting your message across?
Re: Do You Think You Are Handsome Or Beautiful? by deols(f): 5:41pm On Oct 06, 2012
I dont think there's anything wrong with feeling beautiful. You could in fact be ugly and decide to see yourself as beautiful. Being arrogant at it is what is wrong.

Likewise if u'r brilliant, u'd know it and your success is right there for you to see. You don't have to talk yourself down just so as not to appear as being boastful.
Re: Do You Think You Are Handsome Or Beautiful? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 06, 2012
deols: I dont think there's anything wrong with feeling beautiful. You could in fact be ugly and decide to see yourself as beautiful. Being arrogant at it is what is wrong.

Likewise if u'r brilliant, u'd know it and your success is right there for you to see. You don't have to talk yourself down just so as not to appear as being boastful.

do u also do this or just an opinion?
Re: Do You Think You Are Handsome Or Beautiful? by deols(f): 1:16pm On Oct 07, 2012
Were u referring to me?
Re: Do You Think You Are Handsome Or Beautiful? by tpia5: 3:50am On Oct 08, 2012
You don't have to talk yourself down just so as not to appear as being boastful.

depends on your audience.

its not all the time you'll be in the middle of people who wont take offence at your statements.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think You Are Handsome Or Beautiful? by tpia5: 7:41am On Oct 10, 2012
Being ugly doesnt make you a saint.

Lets stop looking for excuses for bloodlust.
Re: Do You Think You Are Handsome Or Beautiful? by sino(m): 10:59am On Oct 10, 2012
its quite easy for one who has one or all the qualities listed by the OP to fall into pride, these qualities could be found in all the most despicable people narrated in the Qur'an and hadiths of the Prophets(SAW), people like Pharaoh,namrood,abu jahl, qaroon and shaitan(la).

A conscious muslim strives not to follow the path of pride, so will always need the reminder...

Pride is rejecting faith, and looking down on others-Prophet(SAW)
Re: Do You Think You Are Handsome Or Beautiful? by deols(f): 2:37pm On Oct 10, 2012
sino: its quite easy for one who has one or all the qualities listed by the OP to fall into pride, these qualities could be found in all the most despicable people narrated in the Qur'an and hadiths of the Prophets(SAW), people like Pharaoh,namrood,abu jahl, qaroon and shaitan(la).

A conscious muslim strives not to follow the path of pride, so will always need the reminder...

ok
Re: Do You Think You Are Handsome Or Beautiful? by tpia5: 4:22pm On Oct 11, 2012
sino: its quite easy for one who has one or all the qualities listed by the OP to fall into pride,

i hope you're not saying an ugly or poor person cant also be proud, arrogant and egotistical?

beware of judging what you yourself will be judged for.

if someone you know is on that path, find a way to tell them if you feel it cant be ignored. Dont just start making threats in this manner.
Re: Do You Think You Are Handsome Or Beautiful? by sino(m): 9:06pm On Oct 13, 2012
tpia@:

i hope you're not saying an ugly or poor person cant also be proud, arrogant and egotistical?
Nope, i am not, still, what would a poor person be proud of?

tpia@:

beware of judging what you yourself will be judged for.
Ok.
tpia@:

if someone you know is on that path, find a way to tell them if you feel it cant be ignored. Dont just start making threats in this manner.
I agree with you to an extent, but i dont see this as a threat IMO.
Re: Do You Think You Are Handsome Or Beautiful? by deols(f): 6:02am On Oct 14, 2012
Tpia,you are being manipulative. There is no threat in that post.
Re: Do You Think You Are Handsome Or Beautiful? by BabaAlaji(m): 11:12am On Oct 14, 2012
sino: its quite easy for one who has one or all the qualities listed by the OP to fall into pride, these qualities could be found in all the most despicable people narrated in the Qur'an and hadiths of the Prophets(SAW), people like Pharaoh,namrood,abu jahl, qaroon and shaitan(la).

u'r de1 realy understand dis, May Allah lead us d ryt part. I evn said,
a very gud reminder 4myself first.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Linguistic Based Tafseer Of Surah Baqarah / Does Listening To Music Or Watching Movies Breaks One Fast? / Islam And Changing Times?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.