Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

How Do I Start My IT Career With A B.sc In Physics (IN View) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Start My IT Career With A B.sc In Physics (IN View) (1306 Views)

Is It Advisable For A B.sc Holder To Work As A LASTMA Official? / HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. / Where May I Work With Bsc In Physics In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Start My IT Career With A B.sc In Physics (IN View) by styca(m): 1:02pm On Sep 26, 2012
Good day house, please I need some suggestions on what to do; I'm a 300l phy. student.I love to take up a career in the ICT sector. In fact the 2 areas am most interested in is the Network admin. and database manager and little of programming. Right now am doing my industrial Training with a Radio station and with their ICT firm. I noticed that they use CISCO router,since am interested in the sector, what should i be my main focus here, what should I strive to know.Is this really a good for the experience I need?
Thanks for your anticipated response(S).
Re: How Do I Start My IT Career With A B.sc In Physics (IN View) by ayokenny37(m): 6:39pm On Sep 26, 2012
Lucky you. Since u work with ligve routers. I will advice u get all practical experience u can as much as possible.

Then go for ccna training n d exam. I believe dts a gd place to start.

For admin, since most pcs here still run windows, u can get certificatn on microsoft systems admin mcitp 5 exams in all.

Its well

1 Like

Re: How Do I Start My IT Career With A B.sc In Physics (IN View) by styca(m): 10:44am On Sep 27, 2012
ayo_kenny37: Lucky you. Since u work with ligve routers. I will advice u get all practical experience u can as much as possible.

Then go for ccna training n d exam. I believe dts a gd place to start.

For admin, since most pcs here still run windows, u can get certificatn on microsoft systems admin mcitp 5 exams in all.

Its well

thanks ayo.from what you posted, you think am on the right track.
Re: How Do I Start My IT Career With A B.sc In Physics (IN View) by AjanleKoko: 11:39am On Sep 27, 2012
styca: Good day house, please I need some suggestions on what to do; I'm a 300l phy. student.I love to take up a career in the ICT sector. In fact the 2 areas am most interested in is the Network admin. and database manager and little of programming. Right now am doing my industrial Training with a Radio station and with their ICT firm. I noticed that they use CISCO router,since am interested in the sector, what should i be my main focus here, what should I strive to know.Is this really a good for the experience I need?
Thanks for your anticipated response(S).

What is the ICT firm doing with the Cisco router? I'm pretty sure they would never let you near it, if it was live.
As regards the rest of your post, you should start with a general appreciation of the ICT industry, before you decide where you want to focus on.
Re: How Do I Start My IT Career With A B.sc In Physics (IN View) by styca(m): 12:14pm On Sep 27, 2012
AjanleKoko:

What is the ICT firm doing with the Cisco router? I'm pretty sure they would never let you near it, if it was live.
As regards the rest of your post, you should start with a general appreciation of the ICT industry, before you decide where you want to focus on.

am in the ICT unit of the radio station, yes I've been introduce to the router,but that is just it. am thinking that \t least i need to have specific question before i could approach the network manager...
thanks for your suggestion on starting with general appreciation of the ICT industry.can you please give me some leads on how to go about it, like if there books i should read,websites i should visit and all that.

am eager to learn but i want to be guided on this path without making avoidable mistakes.
Re: How Do I Start My IT Career With A B.sc In Physics (IN View) by mikkybrick: 12:43pm On Sep 28, 2012
I hope it's not a Cisco Linksys wireless router sha shocked

LOL...just saying....

1 Like

Re: How Do I Start My IT Career With A B.sc In Physics (IN View) by kunlejazz(m): 2:42pm On Sep 29, 2012
You're very privileged to be studying Physics but you won't absolutely appreciate it until you get into the real/outside world. I did too so I know what I'm talking about. Just try not to get anything below a 2.2. You can email me so we can discuss at lenght. I'd really like to talk to you more personally. adekunleolusanya@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: How Do I Start My IT Career With A B.sc In Physics (IN View) by leunamme: 6:51pm On Oct 01, 2012
OCTOBER SPECIAL SCHOLARSHIP
Our Expert Edge (How you will learn)
• Learn to develop Content Management Systems (CMS)
• Learn with AGILE software development model
• Learn to develop using Software as a Service Model (SaaS)
• Learn to develop Business Intelligence Softwares (BI)
What you will learn
• Graphics Design (Bonus class)
• HTML
• CSS
• JAVASCRIPT
• PHP/MYSQL
• Project Management Techniques
FACILITIES
• Conducive Training environment (AC)
• Wide Lecture SCREEN (you learn using SCREEN and not board)
• You get free video tutorials
• You get hard copy of materials
• Free programming softwares with full license.

SESSIONS
You choose just one day in a week and your class is for 3 weeks.
MONDAY – 12pm - 3pm
TUESDAY – 12pm -3pm
WEDNESDAY – 12pm -3pm
THURSDAY – 12pm -3pm
FRIDAY – 12pm -3pm
SATURDAY – 11pm -2pm
SUNDAY – 2pm -5pm

3 HOURS , 3 CLASSES,3 WEEKS, ONE(1) CERTIFICATION……don’t miss it
CLASS STARTS 8TH OCTOBER 2012

Take advantage of the 60% scholarship and pay just N20,000 to become a CERTIFIED WEB PROGRAMMER in 3 weeks @ www.prodigitsoftwareacademy.com/oct.php

1 Like

Re: How Do I Start My IT Career With A B.sc In Physics (IN View) by styca(m): 9:11am On Oct 02, 2012
mikkybrick: I hope it's not a Cisco Linksys wireless router sha shocked

LOL...just saying....

bro. I asked and I was told it cisco linksys wireless router cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Do I Start My IT Career With A B.sc In Physics (IN View) by styca(m): 9:13am On Oct 02, 2012
kunlejazz: You're very privileged to be studying Physics but you won't absolutely appreciate it until you get into the real/outside world. I did too so I know what I'm talking about. Just try not to get anything below a 2.2. You can email me so we can discuss at lenght. I'd really like to talk to you more personally. adekunleolusanya@gmail.com. Thanks

kunle check your mail,i've mailed you.
thanks man

(1) (Reply)

. / Using Linkedin In Your Job Search / (let's Talk) Damn Good Discussion About Happenings In Our Work Place!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.