Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,193 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (176291 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Ibracadabra: 9:12am On Dec 24, 2012
papatee2: Which state are you? Also I told u to post d address where u booked ur ticket to me, I wanna book mine next week

Sorry bro for d late reply. I have been a little disorganised lately... Kindly type "Royal Air Maroc Lagos office" on Google and d exact address will come up. It's in VI but I have forgotten d precise address... I paid 138k, but it may have been risen because this is holiday season...

I wish you all d best.

Merry Christmas...
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by gunners4u: 12:31am On Dec 25, 2012
Merry xmas house & hapi new year in advance
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 12:34am On Dec 25, 2012
July 19th 2011- I won the lottery
Sept 2011[/b]_ i sent my forms to KCC
[b]Jan 25th 2012
- I went for my interview(i wasnt granted but was scheduled for 2nd interview)
Feb 16th-I did my 2nd interview but no visa still.
March 12th-I was in Burkina-faso when my wife called me to inform me that embassy called us to come and drop our passport for visa.
April 2nd- Visited the embassy and dropped my passport
April 10th-We got our visa
May 30th - I booked my flight
Sept 8th - I arrived US of A.

A dream of 15years finally came to reality tru this lottery.Been very rough for me but i keep thanking God,You my pals,family and those who stood and belived in me.Now in my forth month in US,life has been going smoothly.
If God can do it for me,why not you? SUCCESS IS YOURS ALL IJN.

On behalf of myself and my humble family,i wish you all a fulfilling NEW YEAR to come and a blessed XMAS.

6 Likes

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 2:06am On Dec 25, 2012
temmytanny: July 19th 2011- I won the lottery
[b]Jan 25th 2012
March 12th-I was in Burkina-faso when my wife called me to inform me that embassy called us to come and drop our passport for visa.

A dream of 15years finally came to reality tru this lottery.Been very rough for me but i keep thanking God,You my pals,family and those who stood and belived in me.Now in my forth month in US,life has been going smoothly.

On behalf of myself and my humble family,i wish you all a fulfilling NEW YEAR to come and a blessed XMAS.

Yes temmy, I also join you to thank God for his goodness,there are three secret to greatness;God first,people second and you third.Love God with all of your heart and strength,love your neighbour just like yourself.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:04am On Dec 25, 2012
This is my best Christmas ever,I give thanks to God almighty for his goodness towards me and my family in this foreign land where I sojourn,in less than two years God has proofed himself great to me and my family.Moreover, since I have volunteered to reach my helping hands to people on this forum my life has never remain stagnant.

For my friends who has just immigrated,the beginning may be rough but I assure you joy comes latter, just hold on to God and do your best,sometimes it is not about the location but about your person, if you have a winning attitude you will survive anywhere and much more in a better environment.When I gazed through my window and saw some homeless people who were born and raised here I appreciate God more and realize some certain features are not by choice;your place of birth,your Parent and your color.Let us all keep hope alive and strife for the best.Merry Christmas!

2 Likes

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Leripa(m): 12:37am On Dec 26, 2012
[b]Jan 25th 2012

i join you in glorifying God for His goodness upon your family.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by gunners4u: 11:54am On Dec 26, 2012
Pls house did i need any NDLEA clearance form to travel as an usa immigrant.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:09pm On Dec 26, 2012
gunners4u: Pls house did i need any NDLEA clearance form to travel as an usa immigrant.
Says who? I dont think you need it, may be is now compulsory sha.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ogba1: 12:28pm On Dec 26, 2012
[b]Jan 25th 2012

We key into ur success story Temmy Tanny. Merry Xmas and Prosperous New year
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ojdollars(m): 3:30pm On Dec 26, 2012
Merry Xmas and a Prosperous New Year... Temmy Tammy... This your name sound like American white female name... Greetings
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 4:28pm On Dec 26, 2012
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ojdollars(m): 4:31pm On Dec 26, 2012
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ojdollars(m): 4:32pm On Dec 26, 2012
The first thing is to establish yourself before going back to school. Is not about where you acquire your degree, is about the favor of God in your life. Before I finally sign off this forum for today, I will share this thread with you all for more Job information and where to make a good start.

https://www.nairaland.com/1142956/state-texas-important-information-inside

https://www.nairaland.com/1142974/relocate-state-texas

Click and read carefully... Many who made this decision are still being grateful to God. Is an assurance, there are so many jobs here. I can be of help in guiding you on how to get a Job and settle here in one of the most peaceful neighborhood in TX.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 4:32pm On Dec 26, 2012
ojdollars:

Thank you Sir..
Thanks Bro, you are welcome
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by daddykelly(m): 10:45pm On Dec 26, 2012
nice
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by lorddom(m): 9:14pm On Dec 27, 2012
I Hate 9ja: @ adesoji,temmy,brightmon,ibra,bobshina and co.........pls try and cheer them up......the remaining dv13 winner on their thread.i realized that most of them aint happy @ all due to the low visa bulletin number.........tension don high ooooo
I swear ohhhhhhhhhhh I realy donno why it should be slow this year...
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by atseyi(m): 3:11am On Dec 28, 2012
[b]Jan 25th 2012

Thank God for everything, this is just a reality for those that are believing God for something , He will do all things.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by atseyi(m): 3:13am On Dec 28, 2012
I Just arrived Atlanta Today too, came through JFK so that was where immigration admited stamp on my passport. Guys what next?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 1:23pm On Dec 28, 2012
atseyi: I Just arrived Atlanta Today too, came through JFK so that was where immigration admited stamp on my passport. Guys what next?

You are welcome Atseyi, with the stamp on your Passport you can now identify the department of Homeland Security Administration in your area with the passport and start processing you SSC/N.The processing varies from state to state some may have you wait for 21 days and some may just allow you to apply right away.You will receive a welcoming letter within 10 days and your GC may come within 20 days.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 1:31pm On Dec 28, 2012
atseyi: I Just arrived Atlanta Today too, came through JFK so that was where immigration admited stamp on my passport. Guys what next?
welcome bro
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ebykings(f): 1:54pm On Dec 28, 2012

I thank God for journey mercies. Welcome
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by atseyi(m): 2:19pm On Dec 28, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

You are welcome Atseyi, with the stamp on your Passport you can now identify the department of Homeland Security Administration in your area with the passport and start processing you SSC/N.The processing varies from state to state some may have you wait for 21 days and some may just allow you to apply right away.You will receive a welcoming letter within 10 days and your GC may come within 20 days.

Ok, Thanks adesoji.. will do that asap!
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by atseyi(m): 2:43pm On Dec 28, 2012
temmytanny: welcome bro
thanks temmy
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by atseyi(m): 2:43pm On Dec 28, 2012
ebykings:

I thank God for journey mercies. Welcome

Thank You
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by daddykelly(m): 1:21pm On Dec 29, 2012
we are coming soon
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 1:39pm On Dec 29, 2012
daddykelly: we are coming soon
WHATOUT!!!! grin grin
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by gulfkid: 9:48am On Dec 30, 2012
@Temmytanny: I arrived Austin, Texas on the 25th with my wife and son. Trying to adjust to the time difference. you can see am still awake now cos i had slept when it was night in Nigeria grin. We are in North Lamar, Austin.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by gulfkid: 9:57am On Dec 30, 2012
If you are thinking of coming to Texas and you are a graduate but know your course of study is not one of the well sort after areas in the US, You may want to check this out.
NOTE: You will be qualified for financial Aid and loan to cover the total cost as a Legal Immigrant.
[i][/i]

http://www.biosci.utexas.edu/healthit/summer.asp

Health IT 9-Week Certificate Program

Overview of Health Information Technology and Health Information Exchange Certificate Program:

Nine-week, full-time program offered three times per year (January, June, and September).
Designed to “fast track” university graduates into Health IT employment
Recognition and support from and collaboration with pioneers in the e-health industry, healthcare providers and government
Expert faculty in both theoretical and applied areas of Health IT.
180 hours of course content in healthcare policy, economics, electronic health records, health information exchange, project management, workflow and process redesign, quality improvement, and the business of medicine.
Real-world practicum experience with vendors, consultants and healthcare providers
Professional development and job placement services, including help with resumes, interview skills, and events that connect students with Health IT executives and hiring managers.
Certificate program is first in the nation to:
deliver hands-on learning with multiple electronic health record systems side-by-side in a one-of-a kind Health IT Learning Center
provide a health information exchange laboratory (HIE) for students to gain hands-on experience with healthcare data interoperability in a simulated environment
graduate students from an ONC-funded university based training program!
On average, 92% of program graduates seeking Health IT jobs have found employment with more than 40 organizations in Texas and nationwide
Recognition and affirmation from Dr. Farzad Mostashari, National Coordinator, Health Information Technology, and Dr. David Blumenthal, former National Coordinator, Health Information Technology, United States Health and Human Service

“The EHR Learning Lab itself was extraordinary.” A.C.

“It was incredible to have the chance to work with six systems—in all likelihood, no matter which area of the industry I enter into, that knowledge will be an incredible tool.” M.D.

Intensive contact with the Health IT business community is facilitated throughout the program by the inclusion of expert speakers from government and industry.

“I felt privileged to have multiple guest speakers address us from various viewpoints, such as a community health perspective, public policy approach, and global research agenda.” N.F.

“One part of the program that absolutely should not go unnoticed is the quality of the guest speakers that we were fortunate enough to have.” E.H.

“Another facet to the program was various guest speakers from the healthcare and HIT industry. They brought different perspectives and helped tie in topics that I had been reading in journal articles. I will never forget Dr. Deborah Peel and her discussion on patient privacy rights. She exuded passion, dedication, and a thorough understanding of her work. I feel very lucky that knowledgeable speakers were a part of this program.” V.R.

Students in the program are placed into two-week practica in major cities in Texas and around the nation with vendors, consultants, healthcare providers and government. Click here for a list of practicum hosts.

"The final 3 weeks of the program I was assigned to e-MDs for my practicum experience. This is the portion of the program that really got me excited to be involved. I shadowed a support team called the A-team for one week, the implementation project manager team for a week and the onsite chart training team for a week… All in all, the experience with e-MDs was wonderful and got me very excited about my future in HIT, especially since I found that practically everything I learned in the classroom was relevant and applied at e-MDs." D.S.

"Our last class was the practicum where we had a specific internship. I was working in Austin with CTG, a consulting company. I was specifically working on the environmental scan analysis. I had no clue as to what that was going in and asked someone but they said "I don't know, but I'm sure you will know all about it when you're finished". After a week in I knew exactly what it was. I worked with Mr. Jim Campbell looking at the survey responses from several Health Information Exchanges (HIEs) in Texas. We analyzed all of the data received and made conclusions, drew trends, and supported them with charts and graphs. Our conclusions were presented at the Texas Health Services Authority board meeting which was really exciting to see! We were also working on finding more about e-prescribing in different pharmacies as well as public health. I used the terminology from our workflow class and used the combined knowledge of all of the classes to give me a basic understanding of what was going on. They treated us like junior analysts and gave us a lot of work to do, but it was all worth it." S.T.

Students

To help graduates who successfully complete the program find immediate employment in the field of Health IT, students are provided with career resources including workshops on resumes and cover letters, informational interviewing, and job interview preparation. A highlight of the program is the opportunity for students to carry out research projects focused on current topics in Health IT and to present their findings to industry experts in a poster format.

A total of 333 students (in six cohorts ) have graduated from the program since June 2010. Employment statistics for graduates seeking Health IT jobs averages 92%. The number of on-campus interviews facilitated for each cohort has grown over time, and students receive from 2-11 interviews. The average salary of program graduates is 52,000. Salaries accepted by graduates have ranged from $42,000 - >$100,000.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by gunners4u: 2:26pm On Dec 30, 2012
Bros temmy, hw long does medical result expire
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 30, 2012
gunners4u: Bros temmy, hw long does medical result expire
3monthz,i guess,u've gat to mak dis trip fast
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Tiwanna(f): 3:53pm On Dec 30, 2012
gunners4u: Bros temmy, hw long does medical result expire

some medicals are dated for 6 months while others are 3 months i suggest u leave in course of the 3 months.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (88) (Reply)

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja / Any Nairalander In Abidjan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.