Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,850 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (176288 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by chirpywest(m): 5:02pm On Dec 30, 2012
gulfkid: If you are thinking of coming to Texas and you are a graduate but know your course of study is not one of the well sort after areas in the US, You may want to check this out.
NOTE: You will be qualified for financial Aid and loan to cover the total cost as a Legal Immigrant.
[i][/i]

http://www.biosci.utexas.edu/healthit/summer.asp

Health IT 9-Week Certificate Program

Overview of Health Information Technology and Health Information Exchange Certificate Program:

Nine-week, full-time program offered three times per year (January, June, and September).
Designed to “fast track” university graduates into Health IT employment
Recognition and support from and collaboration with pioneers in the e-health industry, healthcare providers and government
Expert faculty in both theoretical and applied areas of Health IT.
180 hours of course content in healthcare policy, economics, electronic health records, health information exchange, project management, workflow and process redesign, quality improvement, and the business of medicine.
Real-world practicum experience with vendors, consultants and healthcare providers
Professional development and job placement services, including help with resumes, interview skills, and events that connect students with Health IT executives and hiring managers.
Certificate program is first in the nation to:
deliver hands-on learning with multiple electronic health record systems side-by-side in a one-of-a kind Health IT Learning Center
provide a health information exchange laboratory (HIE) for students to gain hands-on experience with healthcare data interoperability in a simulated environment
graduate students from an ONC-funded university based training program!
On average, 92% of program graduates seeking Health IT jobs have found employment with more than 40 organizations in Texas and nationwide
Recognition and affirmation from Dr. Farzad Mostashari, National Coordinator, Health Information Technology, and Dr. David Blumenthal, former National Coordinator, Health Information Technology, United States Health and Human Service

“The EHR Learning Lab itself was extraordinary.” A.C.

“It was incredible to have the chance to work with six systems—in all likelihood, no matter which area of the industry I enter into, that knowledge will be an incredible tool.” M.D.

Intensive contact with the Health IT business community is facilitated throughout the program by the inclusion of expert speakers from government and industry.

“I felt privileged to have multiple guest speakers address us from various viewpoints, such as a community health perspective, public policy approach, and global research agenda.” N.F.

“One part of the program that absolutely should not go unnoticed is the quality of the guest speakers that we were fortunate enough to have.” E.H.

“Another facet to the program was various guest speakers from the healthcare and HIT industry. They brought different perspectives and helped tie in topics that I had been reading in journal articles. I will never forget Dr. Deborah Peel and her discussion on patient privacy rights. She exuded passion, dedication, and a thorough understanding of her work. I feel very lucky that knowledgeable speakers were a part of this program.” V.R.

Students in the program are placed into two-week practica in major cities in Texas and around the nation with vendors, consultants, healthcare providers and government. Click here for a list of practicum hosts.

"The final 3 weeks of the program I was assigned to e-MDs for my practicum experience. This is the portion of the program that really got me excited to be involved. I shadowed a support team called the A-team for one week, the implementation project manager team for a week and the onsite chart training team for a week… All in all, the experience with e-MDs was wonderful and got me very excited about my future in HIT, especially since I found that practically everything I learned in the classroom was relevant and applied at e-MDs." D.S.

"Our last class was the practicum where we had a specific internship. I was working in Austin with CTG, a consulting company. I was specifically working on the environmental scan analysis. I had no clue as to what that was going in and asked someone but they said "I don't know, but I'm sure you will know all about it when you're finished". After a week in I knew exactly what it was. I worked with Mr. Jim Campbell looking at the survey responses from several Health Information Exchanges (HIEs) in Texas. We analyzed all of the data received and made conclusions, drew trends, and supported them with charts and graphs. Our conclusions were presented at the Texas Health Services Authority board meeting which was really exciting to see! We were also working on finding more about e-prescribing in different pharmacies as well as public health. I used the terminology from our workflow class and used the combined knowledge of all of the classes to give me a basic understanding of what was going on. They treated us like junior analysts and gave us a lot of work to do, but it was all worth it." S.T.

Students

To help graduates who successfully complete the program find immediate employment in the field of Health IT, students are provided with career resources including workshops on resumes and cover letters, informational interviewing, and job interview preparation. A highlight of the program is the opportunity for students to carry out research projects focused on current topics in Health IT and to present their findings to industry experts in a poster format.

A total of 333 students (in six cohorts ) have graduated from the program since June 2010. Employment statistics for graduates seeking Health IT jobs averages 92%. The number of on-campus interviews facilitated for each cohort has grown over time, and students receive from 2-11 interviews. The average salary of program graduates is 52,000. Salaries accepted by graduates have ranged from $42,000 - >$100,000.
Bros, I like this your post here. Its nice one. But apart from been legal migrant,what are the requirements for one to qualify for the financial Aid to be able to access this kind thing and what is the repayment mode like?. Its like this state of Texas is filled with mouth-watering opportunity.its in my mind serously now.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 8:29am On Dec 31, 2012
chirpywest:
Bros, I like this your post here. Its nice one. But apart from been legal migrant,what are the requirements for one to qualify for the financial Aid to be able to access this kind thing and what is the repayment mode like?. Its like this state of Texas is filled with mouth-watering opportunity.its in my mind serously now.

The only requirement is either you are a citizen or a legal permanent residence apart from that you may not be eligible for Federal/state benefits.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by chirpywest(m): 8:40am On Dec 31, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

The only requirement is either you are a citizen or a legal permanent residence apart from that you may not be eligible for Federal/state benefits.
I will be entering the state with my immigrant visa which I got from DV2013. Hope am qualified?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 8:43am On Dec 31, 2012
chirpywest:
I will be entering the state with my immigrant visa which I got from DV2013. Hope am qualified?

of course buddy, that is your Green card for now, by the time you come over you will receive the real thing within 20 days all things being equal
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by chirpywest(m): 8:47am On Dec 31, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

of course buddy, that is your Green card for now, by the time you come over you will receive the real thing within 20 days all things being equal
Thanks bro.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 11:52pm On Dec 31, 2012
Uncle adesoji Aderemi, wetin dey happen oooo, can you imagine these idiots asking me where i learned english? Over 70% of black and latinos i meet tells me i speak good english(them no know say na P7 i get for english).Do they think Africa is so poor and dont have literate people? i dont even mention Nigeria again cos most of them dont know Naija except Africa. Some stil doubt i finished University 10years back.These people too believed in themselves.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:58pm On Dec 31, 2012
temmytanny: Uncle adesoji Aderemi, wetin dey happen oooo, can you imagine these idiots asking me where i learned english? Over 70% of black and latinos i meet tells me i speak good english(them no know say na P7 i get for english).Do they think Africa is so poor and dont have literate people? i dont even mention Nigeria again cos most of them dont know Naija except Africa. Some stil doubt i finished University 10years back.These people too believed in themselves.

who be the person? when I told you somebody google compulsory the other time e be like say I dey lie.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by temmytanny(m): 12:08am On Jan 01, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

who be the person? when I told you somebody google compulsory the other time e be like say I dey lie.
them many wey dey tell me say i speak good english ooo,its absurd!
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:22am On Jan 01, 2013
temmytanny: them many wey dey tell me say i speak good english ooo,its absurd!

average Nigerian and Ghanians speak better English compare to other tribes in united State.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by gulfkid: 8:38am On Jan 01, 2013
chirpywest:

adesojiaderemi@ has answered part of your question. Repayment is 6 months after you start working and it's made very convenient for you.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by daddykelly(m): 11:00am On Jan 01, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:

average Nigerian and Ghanians speak better English compare to other tribes in united State.
lol
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jan 01, 2013
@ adesoji et tal...............pls how is live and offshore oil job vacancies(entry level) in houston,texaz
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ahmedgafar7(m): 9:21pm On Jan 01, 2013
I Hate 9ja: @ adesoji et tal...............pls how is live and offshore oil job vacancies(entry level) in houston,texaz
when can someone relocate from ur POE ȋ̝̊̅§ it after you've gotten your GC or when
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 01, 2013
ahmedgafar7: when can someone relocate from ur POE ȋ̝̊̅§ it after you've gotten your GC or when
One relocate after having the following.....
SSN,
GC,
few cash to sought urself out.......pending the time u get a job...6monthz is whole enough to do this
Baltimore......crimes dey,
high tax rate,
cost house rent the least is $1500 per month.....deduct this from how much u earn,buh my cousin is a federal contractor shao......but i dont think i can cope with the live and outreageous xpenses....its just too much
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ahmedgafar7(m): 10:44am On Jan 02, 2013
I Hate 9ja:
SSN,
GC,
few cash to sought urself out.......pending the time u get a job...6monthz is whole enough to do this
high tax rate,
cost house rent the least is $1500 per month.....deduct this from how much u earn,buh my cousin is a federal contractor shao......but i dont think i can cope with the live and outreageous xpenses....its just too much
thanks bro
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 02, 2013
ahmedgafar7: thanks bro
Are u willing to relocate.....pls from which state to where..(mention pls)....
As for me i cant cope with the lifestyle and xpenses of maryland
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ahmedgafar7(m): 5:03pm On Jan 02, 2013
I Hate 9ja:
Are u willing to relocate.....pls from which state to where..(mention pls)....
As for me i cant cope with the lifestyle and xpenses of maryland
I am not sure of ‎​my POE self.......thats because 1)the person I want to be ‎​my sponsor is either in California or Texas 2) apart from the 1st person I still have another person to be ‎​my sponsor
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 5:33pm On Jan 02, 2013
Happy new Year my dearest friends, I am happy to be here after the Holidays jollification, I also thank God for the averted fiscal cliff, looking ahead for a prosperous 2013.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Gbenge77(m): 7:13pm On Jan 02, 2013
I Hate 9ja:
SSN,
GC,
high tax rate,
Sometime in 2010,i got an apartment for $900 in Baltimore county(Owings mills).Baltimore county is safe and luxurious ,compared to the city itself.I ve since relocated.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 02, 2013
ahmedgafar7: I am not sure of ‎ my POE self.......thats because 1)the person I want to be ‎ my sponsor is either in California or Texas 2) apart from the 1st person I still have another person to be ‎ my sponsor
i beg enter texas ooooooo,where precisely.......
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jan 02, 2013
Gbenge 77: Sometime in 2010,i got an apartment for $900 in Baltimore county(Owings mills).Baltimore county is safe and luxurious ,compared to the city itself.I ve since relocated.
waow....a whole 900usd.......pls how are job thingz there.......pls any reason for relocation.....share with us plz
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ahmedgafar7(m): 9:38pm On Jan 02, 2013
I Hate 9ja:
i beg enter texas ooooooo,where precisely.......
I can relocate later if I settle down.....‎​♍y mum has another old friend in Chicago,Illinois......
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jan 02, 2013
ahmedgafar7: I can relocate later if I settle down.....‎ ♍y mum has another old friend in Chicago,Illinois......
Na plan B.....fit make me ENTER THE PLACE....gudnite bro
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ahmedgafar7(m): 1:43pm On Jan 03, 2013
I Hate 9ja:
Na plan B.....fit make me ENTER THE PLACE....gudnite bro
don't worry when we get there God will show us the way
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ojdollars(m): 6:51pm On Jan 03, 2013
The 5 Best Cities for Your Career in 2013

By Alida Moore, PayScale.com

If you are considering moving to a new city, it might be smart to factor wage and employment potential into your city choice. But how do you know which cities are thriving and which are struggling?

To find out, we consulted online salary database PayScale.com. The PayScale Index analyzes wage growth by metro area. Katie Bardaro, Director of Analytics at PayScale, told us which industries are growing. "IT, biotech, and oil and gas are all seeing significant growth," Bardaro explains. "All three industries are experiencing increased demand for their products and services, which means they are hiring and paying accordingly," she says.

Which cities came out on top? Read on to find out more about the places in the U.S. that enjoy a relatively low unemployment rate and relatively high wage growth.

5. Seattle
Unemployment Rate: 7.3 percent
Wage Growth: 3.1 percent

The Emerald City is well-known for its presence in the world of tech. The overly caffeinated workers in this city enjoy careers in IT, aerospace and software development. Popular jobs in Seattle include program manager, IT, senior finance manager, technical program manager and aerospace engineer.

4. Minneapolis
Unemployment Rate: 5.3 percent
Wage Growth: 3.2 percent

Minneapolis enjoys an economy that thrives on manufacturing, including electronics, medical equipment, and machinery. Popular jobs in Minneapolis include actuary, senior business manager, project manager, marketing and category manager.

3. Boston
Unemployment Rate: 5.9 percent
Wage Growth: 3.3 percent

Living in one of America’s oldest cities, Boston workers enjoy careers in healthcare, biotechnology and finance. Popular jobs in Boston include principal scientist, principal software engineer, research scientist and research associate.

2. Dallas
Unemployment Rate: 6.3 percent
Wage Growth: 3.5 percent

Known for big hair and bigger lifestyles, this Texas city specializes in telecommunications, defense and technology. Popular jobs in Dallas include landman, radio frequency engineer, senior recruiter, and tax accountant.

1. Houston
Unemployment Rate: 6.3 percent
Wage Growth: 3.9 percent

The largest city in Texas is home to many industries, including aeronautics and healthcare. Healthcare is growing due to the increasing population. As the population ages, more healthcare services are needed. The biggest boom, though, is oil and gas, which has had the most positive impact on wages in Houston. Popular jobs in Houston include petroleum engineer, petroleum geologist, geophysicist and drilling engineer.

Source: Wage and industry data provided by online salary database PayScale.com. Salaries listed are median annual salaries for full-time workers with five to eight years of experience and include any bonuses, commissions or profit sharing.
Unemployment data provided by The Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 03, 2013
@ mr adesoji,pls how much wld it cost to obtain a medical certificate of fitness in u.s.a
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:56am On Jan 04, 2013
LIST OF COMPANIES HIRING IN JANUARY
1. AWS/Benchmark Human Services
Industry: Health services/social services
Sample job titles: Direct support professional, social worker, caregiver, registered nurse, job coach
Location: Connecticut, Georgia, Indiana, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, New Mexico, Ohio, Tennessee

2. Bravo Brio Restaurant Group
Industry: Restaurants
Sample job titles: Server, chef, sous chef, assistant general manager, general manager
Location: Ohio, Maryland, New Jersey, Kentucky, Texas, Nebraska, Nevada, New York

3. BrightStar Care
Industry: Home health care/medical and nonmedical services
Sample job titles: Home health aide, licensed practical nurse, registered nurse, sales/marketing manager

4. Certified Payment Processing
Industry: Banking/financial services
Sample job titles: Outside sales/account executive

5. Diversified Sourcing Solutions
Industry: Staffing (construction, manufacturing, hospitality)
Sample job titles: Retail warehouse associate, experienced forklift technician, general labor
Location: Lakeland, Tampa and Miami, Fla.; Southaven, Miss.; Arlington, Texas

6. Genesis 10
Industry: Staffing/recruiting
Sample job titles: Desktop support, business systems analyst, IT support, systems engineer, project manager, .Net developer
Location: New York, Minnesota, Michigan, Kansas, Missouri, Wisconsin, Ohio, Georgia

7. Mindteck
Industry: Information technology/product engineering services
Sample job titles: Java developer, .Net developer, business analyst, project manager, electrical engineer, application developer, systems engineer

8. NextGen
Industry: IT
Sample job titles: Data architect, network architect, .Net/Silverlight developer, Web content management/WCM developer

9. Novetta Solutions
Industry: IT government contracting
Sample job titles: Software engineer, data architect, systems engineer
Location: Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina, California, Colorado, New York, Florida, Nebraska

10. PennyMac
Industry: Mortgage lending
Sample job titles: Mortgage underwriting, loan origination, loan servicing, auditing

11. Progressive Casualty Insurance
Industry: Insurance
Sample job titles: Customer service call center representative, claims adjuster

12. RDO Equipment
Industry: Skilled labor/retail
Sample job titles: Service technician

13. Stanley Black & Decker
Industry: Industrial/security
Sample job titles: Senior network engineer,district sales manager, install technician, executive security consultant, route sales/management

14. Titlemax
Industry: Consumer services
Sample job titles: Store manager, district manager, bilingual customer service representative, commercial construction field estimator, customer service representative, general manager trainee, store manager trainee, regional manager

15. Tyson Foods
Industry: Food processing
Sample job titles: Margin manager, maintenance supervisor, product manager, account manager
Location: Includes Springdale, Ark.; Cherokee, Iowa; Robards, Ky.; and Center, Texas
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Ugosample(m): 2:18am On Jan 04, 2013
How come no one is talking about GA?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by chirpywest(m): 8:33am On Jan 04, 2013
adesojiaderemi@:
LIST OF COMPANIES HIRING IN JANUARY
1. AWS/Benchmark Human Services
Industry: Health services/social services
Sample job titles: Direct support professional, social worker, caregiver, registered nurse, job coach
Location: Connecticut, Georgia, Indiana, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, New Mexico, Ohio, Tennessee

2. Bravo Brio Restaurant Group
Industry: Restaurants
Sample job titles: Server, chef, sous chef, assistant general manager, general manager
Location: Ohio, Maryland, New Jersey, Kentucky, Texas, Nebraska, Nevada, New York

3. BrightStar Care
Industry: Home health care/medical and nonmedical services
Sample job titles: Home health aide, licensed practical nurse, registered nurse, sales/marketing manager

4. Certified Payment Processing
Industry: Banking/financial services
Sample job titles: Outside sales/account executive

5. Diversified Sourcing Solutions
Industry: Staffing (construction, manufacturing, hospitality)
Sample job titles: Retail warehouse associate, experienced forklift technician, general labor
Location: Lakeland, Tampa and Miami, Fla.; Southaven, Miss.; Arlington, Texas

6. Genesis 10
Industry: Staffing/recruiting
Sample job titles: Desktop support, business systems analyst, IT support, systems engineer, project manager, .Net developer
Location: New York, Minnesota, Michigan, Kansas, Missouri, Wisconsin, Ohio, Georgia

7. Mindteck
Industry: Information technology/product engineering services
Sample job titles: Java developer, .Net developer, business analyst, project manager, electrical engineer, application developer, systems engineer

8. NextGen
Industry: IT
Sample job titles: Data architect, network architect, .Net/Silverlight developer, Web content management/WCM developer

9. Novetta Solutions
Industry: IT government contracting
Sample job titles: Software engineer, data architect, systems engineer
Location: Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina, California, Colorado, New York, Florida, Nebraska

10. PennyMac
Industry: Mortgage lending
Sample job titles: Mortgage underwriting, loan origination, loan servicing, auditing

11. Progressive Casualty Insurance
Industry: Insurance
Sample job titles: Customer service call center representative, claims adjuster

12. RDO Equipment
Industry: Skilled labor/retail
Sample job titles: Service technician

13. Stanley Black & Decker
Industry: Industrial/security
Sample job titles: Senior network engineer,district sales manager, install technician, executive security consultant, route sales/management

14. Titlemax
Industry: Consumer services
Sample job titles: Store manager, district manager, bilingual customer service representative, commercial construction field estimator, customer service representative, general manager trainee, store manager trainee, regional manager

15. Tyson Foods
Industry: Food processing
Sample job titles: Margin manager, maintenance supervisor, product manager, account manager
Location: Includes Springdale, Ark.; Cherokee, Iowa; Robards, Ky.; and Center, Texas

Bro, you guys are doing great job here and I must appreciate u pple for helping your fellow countrymen. Had it been guys before u pple did something of this type in the past, our people would have been more resourceful than they are now.though they are resourceful but would have been in better position. Thanks and keep it up.@ojdollars and others, I dey hail ooh
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by savemysoul: 11:14am On Jan 04, 2013
guys, I sincerely appreciate all d contributors on this stream, God bless u real good.
now my question, I have not seeing anybody migrating to Washington D.C, Is there any problem there, in terms of accommodation, job, Gc, SSN?.please Send info about DC?.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ojdollars(m): 8:05pm On Jan 04, 2013
savemysoul: guys, I sincerely appreciate all d contributors on this stream, God bless u real good.
now my question, I have not seeing anybody migrating to Washington D.C, Is there any problem there, in terms of accommodation, job, Gc, SSN?.please Send info about DC?.

Bros, DC is like Migrating to Abuja to Live and Work. Not saying average income earners aren't there, but is wise and advisable to start climbing from the bottom of the leather to get to the Top... Most people who live in DC area earn above $100K Dollars.. Texas is a good start, na Oil state, they got the best economy in the US or one of the best. But if you want to Migrate to a state like DC WA... Make sure say you get employment first... If you be healthcare persin, no too much trouble, cos healthcare na survivors nationwide. Good Lucky Sir/Ma
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ojdollars(m): 8:05pm On Jan 04, 2013
chirpywest:
Bro, you guys are doing great job here and I must appreciate u pple for helping your fellow countrymen. Had it been guys before u pple did something of this type in the past, our people would have been more resourceful than they are now.though they are resourceful but would have been in better position. Thanks and keep it up.@ojdollars and others, I dey hail ooh

No Shaking Chirpywest.... What we give lives... I acknowledge your gratitude.. You stand out bro...

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (88) (Reply)

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja / Any Nairalander In Abidjan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.