Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America - Travel (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (176294 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by sunnysmiles: 7:26pm On Jul 19, 2014
Good day fellow forumites.

May I ask if anyone is in California to please let us connect so that
we can plan on better stay in California with regards to job, accommodation etc.

Thank you.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 8:51pm On Jul 21, 2014
sunnysmiles: Good day fellow forumites.
we can plan on better stay in California with regards to job, accommodation etc.
Thank you.

Contact Brightmon.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by sunnysmiles: 7:26am On Jul 22, 2014
adesojiaderemi: ...

Contact Brightmon.

Thank you.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jul 23, 2014
zeal2know: Hi Uncle Soji and uncle Pipsland, I sent PMS to you guys, kindly accept. We need ur advices on ow to survice in God's own. Country!
Hi, what's happening? How can I help?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by zeal2know: 2:35pm On Jul 23, 2014
Pipsland78:
Hi, what's happening? How can I help?

Hellos Pipsland! You spoke with my husband on Sunday abt his interview with Wells Fargo.
The interview went well, we await thier feedback.

Thank you so much.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 23, 2014
zeal2know:

Hellos Pipsland! You spoke with my husband on Sunday abt his interview with Wells Fargo.

Thank you so much.
I'm so glad to hear the interview went well. I also told him how to get his driver license, hope he has started/finished the process .
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 4:24pm On Jul 23, 2014
zeal2know:

Thank you so much.

I didn't see any notification nor mail, but my advice is;don't assume anything just keep asking, if you can survive in naija you only need a little effort here.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Obatide(m): 12:23am On Jul 24, 2014
sunnysmiles: Good day fellow forumites.
Thank you.
Madu77 just arrived there last week and hes also willing to rub mind with you. Pls make yourselves comfortable as I welcome you to USA
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Obatide(m): 12:27am On Jul 24, 2014
adesojiaderemi: to all my friends out there,
Understand Employment Background Checks(culled froM "A matter of fact"wink

What Is A Background Check? - An Employment Background Check may be best described as an Application Verification. An employment background check allows an employer to verify information provided by an applicant on a resume or job application. Independent sources such as criminal and civil court records, prior employers, educational institutions, and departments of motor vehicles are researched. The information obtained is then compared to the information provided by the applicant and reviewed for any negative material.

Most Employers Do Background Checks - Most employers do some form of an employment background check. This can be as simple a reference check, or as in-depth as covering everything from criminal record checks to interviewing friends and neighbors.

Why Employers Do Background Checks - Employers conduct background checks to meet regulatory, insurance, and customer requirements; increase applicant and new hire quality; reduce workplace violence; avoid bad publicity; protect against negligent hiring liability; reduce employee dishonesty losses; reduce employee turnover; and hire the right person the first time. An employer has the obligation to provide a safe workplace for employees, customers, and the public. See Why Background Checks?

What Do They Look For In A Background Check? - Employers look for discrepancies between an applicant’s claims and what is reported by schools, prior employers, etc. They also look for negative reports such as a bad Driving Record or a Criminal History that would impact the applicant's job qualifications. See What Do Employers Look For in a Background Check?

What Is In A Background Check For Employment? - Anything from an applicant's history CAN come up. It depends how detailed the background check is, who conducts the background check, how far back they go, who they talk to, what information they check, and what laws apply in the particular situation. If there are any black marks in an applicant's past, it is pretty hard to keep them a secret. See What Shows Up On A Background Check For Employment?

A typical basic background check may include county criminal record checks, a social security number scan, employment history verification, and education verification. Depending on the job, a more complete background check may include common items such as a motor vehicle report, a credit report, license and certification verification, reference checks, a sex offender registry check, or county civil record searches. See Comprehensive Background Check.

Your Rights - The FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act) is the primary federal law regulating employment background checks. Despite its name the FCRA applies to all employment backgrounds checks conducted by a third party whether they include a credit report or not. See A Summary of Your Rights Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.

In addition to the FCRA, there are many other Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations that may impact a particular employment background check. See Background Check Laws & Regulations.
Good one bro. Pls discuss the 'W4' and its impact
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by zeal2know: 1:26am On Jul 24, 2014
adesojiaderemi:

I didn't see any notification nor mail, but my advice is;don't assume anything just keep asking, if you can survive in naija you only need a little effort here.

Hellos Soji! I just sent u another pm. Hope u get it this time. I'll like to keep in touch 'in case of incasity'

Thanks!
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by sunnysmiles: 5:18am On Jul 24, 2014
Obatide:
Madu77 just arrived there last week and hes also willing to rub mind with you. Pls make yourselves comfortable as I welcome you to USA

Thank you so much Obatide. May I ask you how I can connect Madu77 and Brightmon.
We just need to rub minds about happenings here in California.
Thanks.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by sunnysmiles: 5:23am On Jul 24, 2014
adesojiaderemi: ...

Contact Brightmon.

@ adesojiaderemi. Pls how do I link up with Brightmon?
Any advice with respect to job opportunity in California or USA generally
will be most appreciated.
Thanks.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by sunnysmiles: 5:37am On Jul 24, 2014
Pipsland78:
I'm so glad to hear the interview went well. I also told him how to get his driver license, hope he has started/finished the process .

@ Pipsland78.

Hello fellow forumite. I got to the United States precisely California about five weeks ago and yet to find something doing.
I mean get a job.Though there are branches of Well Fargo here also. I will be glad for your candid advice or tips on job
opportunities in any way. I have my first degree in Business Administration with an MBA degree also.

Hoping to hear from you soonest.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 6:16am On Jul 24, 2014
^^^^ mail me for details...
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by sunnysmiles: 5:55am On Jul 25, 2014
Pipsland78: ^^^^ mail me for details...

@ Pipsland78

Thank you so much Pipsland. I've just PM you now.
Expecting to read your mail soonest.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:49pm On Jul 26, 2014
sunnysmiles:

@ adesojiaderemi. Pls how do I link up with Brightmon?
Any advice with respect to job opportunity in California or USA generally
will be most appreciated.
Thanks.

on Job search, writing an American type of resume was one of the challenge I faced as a new immigrant,our cv/resume is quite different from what is obtainable in the state,I will advice new immigrant to locate the nearest Carrier center in their location and register, registration is free and you will also have access to Internet,fax,phone and photocopier,you will also access training on writing a good resume,Computer training and other skills that may enhance your job search.[/

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ciscoicom(m): 10:08pm On Jul 27, 2014
Hello house, just arrived Texas yesterday. I thank God for journey mercy.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jul 27, 2014
ciscoicom: Hello house, just arrived Texas yesterday. I thank God for journey mercy.
Where in TX are u?
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 28, 2014
Email me asap if in need of accommodation in Dallas, but you must be single.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by pator(m): 4:54pm On Jul 29, 2014
adesojiaderemi:

on Job search, writing an American type of resume was one of the challenge I faced as a new immigrant,our cv/resume is quite different from what is obtainable in the state,I will advice new immigrant to locate the nearest Carrier center in their location and register, registration is free and you will also have access to Internet,fax,phone and photocopier,you will also access training on writing a good resume,Computer training and other skills that may enhance your job search.[/

And just to mention this for those who can afford it, I used myperfectresume.com to build my resume when I came. I was surprised it worked like magic. All those who saw my resume online always complement it was really good. I mean employers now. Although some of them were initially put off because they are all Nigerian experience in there but at least they would call me to run their opportunities by me. Immediately I was able to get in some US experience in there the rest is history today. Especially for those who have years of experience in Nigeria I would recommend you visit that site it will give you nice options on how to frame your work experiences and even your academic qualification. I still use it up till today.

2 Likes

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by marymary14(f): 2:39am On Aug 04, 2014
Hi, does anyone have information as regards life in Atlanta,Georgia to be precise? Living expenses? Schools? Jobs? Will really appreciate any information I can get.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by tpia1: 5:57am On Aug 04, 2014
all this stuff can be googled though.

if its specific information about living overseas as a nigerian you want, then you should probably speak to people on ground.

do you know anybody in atlanta?

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:06pm On Aug 06, 2014
tpia1: all this stuff can be googled though.

if its specific information about living overseas as a nigerian you want, then you should probably speak to people on ground.

do you know anybody in atlanta?

I think Obatide is in atlanta, talk to him.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by LUCAS99: 12:00am On Aug 07, 2014
@ adesojiaderemi. Please am currently looking for a job in Charlotte North Carolina.
Any advice with respect to job opportunity in Charlotte North Carolina will be most appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by tosinjoe(m): 1:44pm On Aug 07, 2014
Please can someone enlighten me on the difference in flying Delta air or United and flying Emirates or Qatar air. Thanks
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:34am On Aug 08, 2014
tosinjoe: Please can someone enlighten me on the difference in flying Delta air or United and flying Emirates or Qatar air. Thanks

Delta home is Atlanta while Chicago is for United.If you are flying Qatar, that means you will first get to Doha before proceeding to Us; it is cheap but far...likewise Emirate Via Dubai..
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:37am On Aug 08, 2014
LUCAS99: @ adesojiaderemi. Please am currently looking for a job in Charlotte North Carolina.
Any advice with respect to job opportunity in Charlotte North Carolina will be most appreciated. Thanks.

..try to locate a career center or google all job agency in your area...go their and submit your application.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by tosinjoe(m): 2:38pm On Aug 08, 2014
adesojiaderemi:

Delta home is Atlanta while Chicago is for United.If you are flying Qatar, that means you will first get to Doha before proceeding to Us; it is cheap but far...likewise Emirate Via Dubai..
Thanks,
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 12:51am On Aug 09, 2014
adesojiaderemi:

united's hub is HOUSTON
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by marymary14(f): 8:48am On Aug 10, 2014
Thanks! How do I reach Obatide?
adesojiaderemi:

I think Obatide is in atlanta, talk to him.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 3:18am On Aug 11, 2014
marymary14: Thanks! How do I reach Obatide?
you can send a PM thru this link https://www.nairaland.com/obatide
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Donetyno: 1:35am On Aug 12, 2014
hello peeps.

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (Reply)

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja / Any Nairalander In Abidjan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.