Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,854 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 (12835 Views)

Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment / INEC Declares Ikpeazu Winner Of Abia Governorship Election / Abia Governorship Election Online Poll! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by mikeywise(m): 7:06pm On Sep 27, 2012
Okija_juju:

What do you want from him?! What would you do differently if you are made the governor.. How would you go about achieving what you would do:?! OYA!! explain.. Your road to the Government House starts now.. grin..
some of those roads (if not all) were not done by TA, especially that nkata- afugiri road, what TA does most of †ђξ time is to dualise tiny roads that were constructed by Orji uzor. If there's anyway that man can be impeached b4 2015 am in full support.Abia state has really suffered in †ђξ hands of that man.
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by Areosapien(f): 7:09pm On Sep 27, 2012
Guys, what about Ikonne?
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by ruggedenigma: 7:15pm On Sep 27, 2012
emindu: THERE comes a time in the history of a people when God blesses them with a leader with a particular mandate. For the people of Abia, aptly called God’s Own State, there is every indication that the supplication of the people unto their Maker for a divine lifting of afflicted yoke caused by long period of political and economic slavery has attracted divine intervention.
The result today is a true reflection of the Biblical saying that when the righteous are on the throne, the people rejoice. For Governor Theodore Orji, under whose administration the state has seen the total paradigm shift in both governance and content of service delivery, the abundance of God’s mercy upon him and the mandate cannot be over-emphasised.
From a fluttering beginning due to known consequence of deceitful political alliance akin to the kind of marriage between the cow and the butcher, governance and service delivery in a democratic setting had a huge question mark. However, with determination and rare courage though not without pockets of adulterated opposition, the Governor was able to rescue the state from the chambers of dark forces. Then came his vow and promise to the people of the state to hold him accountable for all actions and inaction(s) of his administration. With just a year into his second term of office, Governor Orji has left no one in doubt that indeed some dark forces were the cogs on the wheels of the progress of the state.
Within the period under review, the proportion of infrastructural development in the state has witnessed a high commensurate yield which has also left few opposing scoundrels in the state with no other option than to merely haul sand to give the impression that it is fulfilling all righteousness. From the massive infrastructures being put up in the state capital city Umuahia, to the courageous tackling of the infrastructural challenges in Aba the commercial heart beat of the state and the entire East, the present administration has left no one in doubt of its mission.

Just recently, Governor Orji etched his regime’s name in gold when it took care of a perennial problem that had defied solution to previous administrations in the state in the last 20 years. The popular Ukwu-Mango leading into Ariaria which had before now turned into a forest due to its impregnable nature, has today become a beautiful thorough fare for commuters. Hate or like him, the impact of the actualised dream will for a very long time remain evergreen in the minds of the residents of the city. The glory, of course, knows its destination. The residents of Aba have never had it so good.
Under the same period, the Governor had rehabilitated the Ama-Ogbenna, Okigwe road, the Osusu- Omuma Road, which roads were in the year 2000 “politically” commissioned by the then Vice-President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar. From Osusu, the story moved to Danfodio by East, to Our Lady of Lourdes, and the Old Express by Samek. The government in response to the welfare of students and staff of the Abia State Polytechnic Aba, constructed an over-head bridge to reduce the rate of vehicular accidents in front of the campus.
Coming to the state capital, the story has truly changed. People of Amaeke where burials are held only during dry seasons have heaved a sigh of great relief. The non-existing Amaeke road that could better pass as a slave-trade route has been fully rehabilitated and commissioned. It is even an unbelievable story for people of Ukome and Mbom where Nwa-bekee (local reference to development) has eventually visited. For the years that they had existed, Mbom has never seen a tarred road since creation. Same story is now told in Emede who for many decades have survived through “jump and pass” infrastructural development. Still counting, it is positive turn-around for the World-Bank-Agbama Road, Umuafai-Lodu-Ahiaeke road, Okwuta-Isieke, Okwoyi-Iyienyi as well as the Nkata-Alike Umukabia-Ohuhu road.
In the Southern Senatorial Zone, the century-old adage that there is no short route to Aro (an acronym for Arochukwu) is no longer obtainable. Under Ochendo, the long stretch Arochukwu road from Ndi-Uduma Awoke in OhafiA Local Government is now being constructed.

This is in addition to the Amaekpu-Okagwe road in same Ohafia. It is equally a historic account from Ndi Okorie Abam down to Ndi- Itu. One striking feature in Abia is that the road constructions are carried out by contractors who upon the award of the jobs get instant mobilisation. This is a sharp contrast from the reigning college manual labour roads in some neighbouring states.
As we read this, the state government is very responsive of the need to ensure that all arms of government are functioning optimally, hence the need for human and capacity building. The state workforce is patiently waiting for the completion and commissioning of the State Secretariat with a complete over-haul of the old one. This is just as the two cities of Aba and Umuahia are seeing the eloquent presence of the judiciary made manifest with the dual construction of two gigantic High Court complexes.
The health sector record is a positive statement already made, hence it would be trite to begin fresh enumeration.
It is nothing to the residents of the State that despite all the efforts of the State government, the government is still under the attack and bad press of a few. It is also quite amusing that some whiff of criticism comes from some ignorant sections outside the state. This is essentially from those who felt they should join the fray because there is a bandwagon rush.
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 27, 2012
Okija_juju: AFAMEFUNA!!! What more do you want?! Or are you disputing these pictures??~! ..

Those roads are not up to a quarter of roads existing in Aba and Umuahia.

I can authoritatively inform you that because of the quality of those roads, half of them are already laden with potholes in less than one year after construction.
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by ruggedenigma: 7:20pm On Sep 27, 2012
emindu: THERE comes a time in the history of a people when God blesses them with a leader with a particular mandate. For the people of Abia, aptly called God’s Own State, there is every indication that the supplication of the people unto their Maker for a divine lifting of afflicted yoke caused by long period of political and economic slavery has attracted divine intervention.
The result today is a true reflection of the Biblical saying that when the righteous are on the throne, the people rejoice. For Governor Theodore Orji, under whose administration the state has seen the total paradigm shift in both governance and content of service delivery, the abundance of God’s mercy upon him and the mandate cannot be over-emphasised.
From a fluttering beginning due to known consequence of deceitful political alliance akin to the kind of marriage between the cow and the butcher, governance and service delivery in a democratic setting had a huge question mark. However, with determination and rare courage though not without pockets of adulterated opposition, the Governor was able to rescue the state from the chambers of dark forces. Then came his vow and promise to the people of the state to hold him accountable for all actions and inaction(s) of his administration. With just a year into his second term of office, Governor Orji has left no one in doubt that indeed some dark forces were the cogs on the wheels of the progress of the state.
Within the period under review, the proportion of infrastructural development in the state has witnessed a high commensurate yield which has also left few opposing scoundrels in the state with no other option than to merely haul sand to give the impression that it is fulfilling all righteousness. From the massive infrastructures being put up in the state capital city Umuahia, to the courageous tackling of the infrastructural challenges in Aba the commercial heart beat of the state and the entire East, the present administration has left no one in doubt of its mission.

Just recently, Governor Orji etched his regime’s name in gold when it took care of a perennial problem that had defied solution to previous administrations in the state in the last 20 years. The popular Ukwu-Mango leading into Ariaria which had before now turned into a forest due to its impregnable nature, has today become a beautiful thorough fare for commuters. Hate or like him, the impact of the actualised dream will for a very long time remain evergreen in the minds of the residents of the city. The glory, of course, knows its destination. The residents of Aba have never had it so good.
Under the same period, the Governor had rehabilitated the Ama-Ogbenna, Okigwe road, the Osusu- Omuma Road, which roads were in the year 2000 “politically” commissioned by the then Vice-President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar. From Osusu, the story moved to Danfodio by East, to Our Lady of Lourdes, and the Old Express by Samek. The government in response to the welfare of students and staff of the Abia State Polytechnic Aba, constructed an over-head bridge to reduce the rate of vehicular accidents in front of the campus.
Coming to the state capital, the story has truly changed. People of Amaeke where burials are held only during dry seasons have heaved a sigh of great relief. The non-existing Amaeke road that could better pass as a slave-trade route has been fully rehabilitated and commissioned. It is even an unbelievable story for people of Ukome and Mbom where Nwa-bekee (local reference to development) has eventually visited. For the years that they had existed, Mbom has never seen a tarred road since creation. Same story is now told in Emede who for many decades have survived through “jump and pass” infrastructural development. Still counting, it is positive turn-around for the World-Bank-Agbama Road, Umuafai-Lodu-Ahiaeke road, Okwuta-Isieke, Okwoyi-Iyienyi as well as the Nkata-Alike Umukabia-Ohuhu road.
In the Southern Senatorial Zone, the century-old adage that there is no short route to Aro (an acronym for Arochukwu) is no longer obtainable. Under Ochendo, the long stretch Arochukwu road from Ndi-Uduma Awoke in OhafiA Local Government is now being constructed.

This is in addition to the Amaekpu-Okagwe road in same Ohafia. It is equally a historic account from Ndi Okorie Abam down to Ndi- Itu. One striking feature in Abia is that the road constructions are carried out by contractors who upon the award of the jobs get instant mobilisation. This is a sharp contrast from the reigning college manual labour roads in some neighbouring states.
As we read this, the state government is very responsive of the need to ensure that all arms of government are functioning optimally, hence the need for human and capacity building. The state workforce is patiently waiting for the completion and commissioning of the State Secretariat with a complete over-haul of the old one. This is just as the two cities of Aba and Umuahia are seeing the eloquent presence of the judiciary made manifest with the dual construction of two gigantic High Court complexes.
The health sector record is a positive statement already made, hence it would be trite to begin fresh enumeration.
It is nothing to the residents of the State that despite all the efforts of the State government, the government is still under the attack and bad press of a few. It is also quite amusing that some whiff of criticism comes from some ignorant sections outside the state. This is essentially from those who felt they should join the fray because there is a bandwagon rush.
u must be an uncircumcise idiot.. u talk like a blind kid. am sure u dnt stay abia. that short man called governor is truely shortsighted

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by obicentlis: 7:51pm On Sep 27, 2012
Okija_juju:

So let me summarise.. You put Rochas Okorocha before Gov. Peter Obi because of sentiments based upon an otimpku charity foundation that was probably used to assist a political ambition, not because of any physical achievemnets in the state.. NNA! You just broke my heart!!.. I was really hoping you would tell me something I have never heard of before..
my friend. For once appreciate good thing. Till date Rochas is d best.
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by ujchief(m): 7:52pm On Sep 27, 2012
afam4eva: @ujchief
Please, list any prospects from Abia irrespective of the zone the person hails from.
ikechi emenike, a renowned economist, worked with imf for years, contested against t.a orji in 2011, he lost out then, but not b4 he made wrote his name in the minds of all abians and extablished himself as a renowned disciplinarian.
He remained at the pdp when t.a orji was jumping from one party to another. We were all looking forward to the 2015 election to vote him in. He was the messiah we were waiting for. Then all of suden, Gej beckons on t.a to join pdp, they both suceeded in pushing ikechi who had been the chief party sponsor out of pdp. They frustrated all his personal eforts to contest the pdp primaries, yes, Gej sold out abia to t.a orji! That was the worst thing that hapened in abia.
We all wept when we realised he wasnt going to contest, not even in the primaries. He went to court, but the rest is history.
Yes, ikechi emenike is a great prospect, he hasnt made up his mind if hes contesting, based on the stupid zoning arangement. But if he decides to, we might hav hope again.

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by obicentlis: 7:58pm On Sep 27, 2012
omowolewa: I'm not an Abian o but I think Sen. Uche Chukwu..... 'Ishi Kakaraka' may be good. He is from Ngwa and has the necessary exposure. Correct me if am wrong.
abegi, Sen Mmerije is from umunneochi. Moreover he is too old. The best bet for that seat is Sen Enyinnaya Abaribe. He is refined and no nonsense human being.
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by solomonkane(m): 8:14pm On Sep 27, 2012
What about dedeike's father: Rep. Ferdinand Ike representing Isiala-Ngwa North/South Federal Constituency?
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by asha80(m): 8:31pm On Sep 27, 2012
solomonkane: What about dedeike's father: Rep. Ferdinand Ike representing Isiala-Ngwa North/South Federal Constituency?

i heard the guy is a person lipsrsealed
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by ujchief(m): 8:42pm On Sep 27, 2012
afam4eva: @ujchief
Please, list any prospects from Abia irrespective of the zone the person hails from.
Ngozi okonjo iweala. She doesnt need any introduction, we all know her. Although she hasnt indicated any interest, she would be a great asset to abia as a governor. She is also from umuahia, same zone as t.a.
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by ujchief(m): 8:55pm On Sep 27, 2012
Gen. Ihejirika, the current army chief will retire b4 2015, and has shown interest in Abia politics, owing to the role he and his 'army' boys played during the 2011 election in ensuring Gej gets the 1mil votes from abia and that T.a wins also. Its rumoured that he has eyes set on the government house. Hes stil not from Abia south, but wil certainly contest if the zoning issue doesnt rear its ugly head.
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by whitecaleb2010: 9:02pm On Sep 27, 2012
I suggest senator uchechukwv merijesmiley
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by ocelot2006(m): 9:07pm On Sep 27, 2012
I'm not an Abian, but I'm so happy that Orji's disastrous tenure will soon come to an end. Abians have suffered in the hands of that clown. They deserve way better. But it's up to them to wake up and vote in someone of integrity and the right leadership qualities needed to take the state to greater heights.
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by ocelot2006(m): 9:12pm On Sep 27, 2012
ujchief: Gen. Ihejirika, the current army chief will retire b4 2015, and has shown interest in Abia politics, owing to the role he and his 'army' boys played during the 2011 election in ensuring Gej gets the 1mil votes from abia and that T.a wins also. Its rumoured that he has eyes set on the government house. Hes stil not from Abia south, but wil certainly contest if the zoning issue doesnt rear its ugly head.

That may not be possible. There're rumors that he may be the next Chief of Defense Staff (VDS) once Air Marshal Petrini retires. And I won't be suprised, cos the general is a very bright officer (one of the best graduating students at War College).
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by rafindo(m): 9:38pm On Sep 27, 2012
i support okija juju 100 percent, he reason objectivity without sentiment.afam4eva how could you allow rochas philantrophy becould ur judgement. Our problem is bad followership,we allow ourself to be deceived by promises, a greedy man wil vote a greedy leader..i rather vote for the one dat promise me least for he will disapoint the least.
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by Antivirus92(m): 9:45pm On Sep 27, 2012
I am disappointed at afam today. I lack words to express my feelings towards this thread. Anyway i am an anambrarian so let me stay away as the op inherited his hatred for us from his father. Finally okija juju you are a not an igbo so please stop representing anambra unnecessarily. U can represent the whole of north but not anambra.
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by Okijajuju1(m): 10:03pm On Sep 27, 2012
Antivirus92: I am disappointed at afam today. I lack words to express my feelings towards this thread. Anyway i am an anambrarian so let me stay away as the op inherited his hatred for us from his father. Finally okija juju you are a not an igbo so please stop representing anambra unnecessarily. U can represent the whole of north but not anambra.

Okay, I'm not from Anambra state according to you.. How does that affect the price of Peugeot spareparts at Nnewi!? Nwokem, we are discussing Abia State politics here, obuna I nwero ezigbo okwu na onu gi, zuzulu bulu onwe gi si na thread a' puo.. Nikita ara di ka gi angry
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by Beync(f): 10:08pm On Sep 27, 2012
Ifere idigi eme u shocked
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by Okijajuju1(m): 10:13pm On Sep 27, 2012
Beync: Ifere idigi eme u shocked

Onye!?
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by Beync(f): 10:40pm On Sep 27, 2012
you
Okija_juju:

Onye!?
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by Afam4eva(m): 10:42pm On Sep 27, 2012
ujchief:
Ngozi okonjo iweala. She doesnt need any introduction, we all know her. Although she hasnt indicated any interest, she would be a great asset to abia as a governor. She is also from umuahia, same zone as t.a.
Aunty Ngozi is from Anioma and not Abia. It's her husband that's from Abia.
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by Okijajuju1(m): 10:45pm On Sep 27, 2012
Beync: you

Ewoo!! Nne mma, maka gini zi?! Gini ka' mme!?
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by Beync(f): 10:56pm On Sep 27, 2012
Okija_juju:

Ewoo!! Nne mma, maka gini zi?! Gini ka' mme!?
what's your obsession with my governor?
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by asha80(m): 10:56pm On Sep 27, 2012
Bende LG workers protest non-payment of five months’ salary
On September 27, 2012 · In News
9:27 pm

Umuahia – NO fewer than 300 workers of Bende Local Government Area in Abia yesterday marched to Government House in Umuahia to protest the non-payment of their five months’ salary arrears.

Mr Gabriel Ukpai, one of the leaders of the peaceful protest, said that the aim was to bring their plight to the attention of state government.

“The last time we were paid was in April and this is September; yet there is no sign that we will be paid,” Ukpai said.

Ukpai alleged that the council workers’ problem started when an official of the transition committee returned N3.5 million to the state government shortly after his appointment.

He described as false, claims by the official that the money was saved from the council’s allocation following the elimination of ghost workers from the council’s payroll.

Ukpai alleged that the returned money was part of workers’ check-off dues and welfare levies.
He said that the negative impact of the refund was the noticeable shortfall in the monthly allocations to the council.

According to him, Bende Local Government currently receives about N15 million as monthly statutory allocations against the earlier N45 million monthly.

Ukpai also said that the “refusal” of the local government to pay the workers had nothing to do with the newly introduced biometric data system for payment of salaries.

Some others workers, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, also called on the state government to intervene in the matter.

Chief Ike Onyenweaku, state Commissioner for Agriculture, who received the protesting workers on behalf of the governor, promised that government would intervene in the matter.

He advised them to go back to their duty posts and promised that the state government would look into their grievances.

The Chairman of the affected local government, who came to the Government House shortly after the protest, declined to comment on the issues. (NAN

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/bende-lg-workers-protest-non-payment-of-five-months-salary/
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by Okijajuju1(m): 11:04pm On Sep 27, 2012
Beync: what's your obsession with my governor?

Onye bu your governor?!
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by Beync(f): 11:13pm On Sep 27, 2012
the one u know. biko rapuya aka
Okija_juju:

Onye bu your governor?!
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by Rizstar: 11:26pm On Sep 27, 2012
emindu: TH[b]ERE comes a time in the history of a people when God blesses them with a leader with a particular mandate. For the people of Abia, aptly called God’s Own State, there is every indication that the supplication of the people unto their Maker for a divine lifting of afflicted yoke caused by long period of political and economic slavery has attracted divine intervention.

It is nothing to the residents of the State that despite all the efforts of the State government, the government is still under the attack and bad press of a few. It is also quite amusing that some whiff of criticism comes from some ignorant sections outside the state. This is essentially from those who felt they should join the fray because there is a bandwagon rush.[/b]

NONSENSE NONSENSE NONSENSE CRAP CRAP CRAP
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by uzomagic(m): 12:05am On Sep 28, 2012

Hmmmmm
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by ceeceeco: 12:52am On Sep 28, 2012
Pastor Paul Ikonne(ACN). If this young visionary man can be given a chance, i bet abia will b modernized. 4get Onyema Ugochukwu, i rather prefer Ikechi Emenike. Abians shuld wake up & vote 4 d right canditdate. I think this is d right time 2 call a spade a spade rather than deceiving ourselves.
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by qualified(f): 1:02am On Sep 28, 2012
Good one, Afam.

Plss ignore fo.ols like Emindu, Patrikobi, Ak47man, Donzico etc. They work for d clueless governor on NL.

Any cause that wil produce a governor not a clown-of-a-governor like d present is supported!
Re: Abia Governorship Race - Road To 2015 by Tinyemeka(m): 2:10am On Sep 28, 2012

Bla bla bla. When someone wants to lie like this, s/he employs colourful grammar in an attempt to divert the readers from true facts on the state of things. Disinformation.

By daybreak, I'll still go out to see the insane state of lawlessness and nepotism that has pervaded the entire state. I gather some (or is it all?) state civil servants have not been paid for the past four months. My relatives coming in from PH almost changed their minds about the trip because driving through Aba was akin to driving over a refuse dump in a junkyard.

Let's tell ourselves the truth. All these AGIP flattery won't take one far. People have been complaining. The gov's ineptitude is even a common knowledge nationwide. Go out and feel the pulse of the people. Take these complaints and once in a while, forward them to the man, that these are so and so that you've been hearing. Or those are certain areas he may have overlooked, which require urgent govt attention.

Rather than resorting to these unnecessary flattery which make it seem as if the gov is an over-achiever. It will take the state nowhere.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Prof Osinbajo's Lie Bursted,apc Is Indeed A Party Built On Falsehood / Boko Haram Attacks Can’t Stop Us From Oil Search- Unimaid VC / Tanko Yakassai: Oshiomhole Powerless, Empty, Only Has Title Of National Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.