Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,638 members, 7,801,846 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

What To Do To My Househelp? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What To Do To My Househelp? (4697 Views)

Househelp Cuts Off Baby's Hand (Graphic Pics) / I'm Not Comfortable With My Househelp / My Househelp Smokes Weed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do To My Househelp? by wonlasewonimi: 2:09am On Sep 27, 2012
Encourage her. That's how Bill Gates started computing.
Re: What To Do To My Househelp? by Nobody: 4:02am On Sep 27, 2012
@OP Hmmm how many househelps have you had over the past 3 years? (Think about this for a moment). Even if she was part of the yaba left club, I get a strange feeling that she may have felt mistreated. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but please consider any form of maltreatment that you may have cast upon the poor soul. Maybe those keys on your new expensive computer was her 'pound of flesh'. lipsrsealed
Re: What To Do To My Househelp? by lucabraski(f): 5:54am On Sep 27, 2012
@ifyalways: when I asked her, she said “abeg no vex, I bin tink say d people make mistake”.

My annoyance with her was why she even touched it at all.

As for maltreatment and revenge? If she was being maltreated in my house, u think she would be bold enough to so much as cough? She is very destructive.
Re: What To Do To My Househelp? by DICKtator: 7:50am On Sep 27, 2012
Like someone said,post the picture of your damaged laptop. We are not asking for your face,just the pix of your laptop and the spoilt keys.
Very hard to believe
grin grin grin grin
Re: What To Do To My Househelp? by Mrsmansson(f): 8:44am On Sep 27, 2012
This story is so false.Op why dont u snap and show us how damaged the Laptop is.This section is becoming a joke
Re: What To Do To My Househelp? by MiracleChild: 10:32am On Sep 27, 2012
Whoaaaaa. I believe ur story cos i had a 15yrs old nanny that threw my N80k human hair away after first use. all i could do was CRY. as in i cried. but i had to send her away after she left my gas cooker on with my child at home and didn't even smell a thing. with time i realize that to have a good house help you have to treat em like family and be kind enough that they feel comfortable to talk to you. not fear u.

As for this your nanny i think you should send her away cos wat she did is scary.she didnt even stop to think for once that she might be doing something wrong.
Re: What To Do To My Househelp? by gulfer: 11:40am On Sep 27, 2012
lucabraski: I bought a brand new laptop and brought it home. I came back from work and found most of the letters on the keyboard on top the table.

I couldn't understand what or how it happened. On questioning my 7yrs old daughter, she said the househelp used knife to uproot the letters on the keyboard, as according to her, the letters were not arranged alphabetically. In the process of her uprooting the keys, many of the sitting were broken.

The laptop cost me 160k, which I am yet to payoff.

I had to leave the house for some hours to calm my temper down before I know what to do.

I am yet to come up with a befitting punishment.

This is a JOKE right?

1 Like

Re: What To Do To My Househelp? by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 27, 2012
MiracleChild: Whoaaaaa. I believe ur story cos i had a 15yrs old nanny that threw my N80k human hair away after first use. all i could do was CRY. as in i cried. but i had to send her away after she left my gas cooker on with my child at home and didn't even smell a thing. with time i realize that to have a good house help you have to treat em like family and be kind enough that they feel comfortable to talk to you. not fear u.

As for this your nanny i think you should send her away cos wat she did is scary.she didnt even stop to think for once that she might be doing something wrong.

15 year old nanny?
Re: What To Do To My Househelp? by AzaMontana(f): 12:30pm On Sep 27, 2012
its just a matter of you asking her that if she wants to arrange something again in the house she must check with you first. make it clear that her job is to tiddy up but if she wants to go an extra mile she must check with you first and you must never just ignore her or brush her off if she wants to talk to you about arranging anything in the house as history has proven that she someone who likes to go an extra mile , initiative and wants to impress you. do not be hard on her,its an honest mistake

1 Like

Re: What To Do To My Househelp? by blank(f): 1:40am On Sep 29, 2012
In addition to all that has been said, buy a new keypad for the lappy and take it to the sales point for warranty use. It doesn't cost more than 10k to buy and fix. The money can be recovered from the girl's salary over time like 20% every month.

Then take time and talk to her. Explain why she should not be doing such things and explain to her the consequences of her action. Clearly spell out to her that she should not touch stuff she doesn't understand.
Re: What To Do To My Househelp? by uyogabie(f): 11:34am On Sep 29, 2012
chaircover: So why do you still keep her?

. . . .slapping her will not solve the problem. Pay her off and ask her to leave.
I Totally agree with that suggestion,before she destroys more than a laptop.
Re: What To Do To My Househelp? by maclatunji: 5:36pm On Sep 29, 2012
Away from your destroyed laptop. Don't you think leaving your daughter with such a person is totally crazy? This makes you look rather stupid and your story almost unbelievable.
Re: What To Do To My Househelp? by lucabraski(f): 9:00pm On Sep 29, 2012
Now, she has spoilt my expensive blender.

In attempting to wash it, she soaked both the blender and d engine in water. The worst thing she has done so far, is wearing my daughters pant.

I have since sent for d agent, but he has failed to show.

I am kicking her out tomoro, with or without him.
Re: What To Do To My Househelp? by maclatunji: 9:14pm On Sep 29, 2012
lucabraski: Now, she has spoilt my expensive blender.

In attempting to wash it, she soaked both the blender and d engine in water. The worst thing she has done so far, is wearing my daughters pant.

LOL
Re: What To Do To My Househelp? by freecocoa(f): 7:30am On Sep 30, 2012

Story undecided

Show us picture of just laptop you no fit and you expect us to believe whatever you say, abegi.
Re: What To Do To My Househelp? by Mrsmansson(f): 8:15am On Sep 30, 2012
freecocoa: Story undecided

Show us picture of just laptop you no fit and you expect us to believe whatever you say, abegi.
The poster herself knows its a false story.
Re: What To Do To My Househelp? by Ivynwa(f): 2:36pm On Sep 30, 2012

Kicking her out?
Do ensure that she is safe wherever you are leaving her in, is it not better to let whoever brought her take her away if you don't want to live with her again? Which person reared that young girl and never taught her that a girl mustn't go wearing another person's panties/underwear---she oversteps boundaries a bit with handling things and needs guidance like people have told you here. Poor darling! It could be that she hasn't worn very nice looking pants like your daughter has and when she saw them couldn't resist wearing one. Do have your wife buy her some biko.

You and your wife seems not to be the maltreating-employer type (with the way she is taking things without minding that "madam or Oga will deal with me if I wear their daughter's pant" ) which is good as it isn't good to maltreat maids, a new employee/hands of that age that is new in your house needs a firm yet gentle coaching/plenty guidance. Whoever asked her to blend should have remembered to explain how to wash it etc.You guys should make out time to sit her down and say "Girl this is how to do these" and checks should be made on her when she is given a new task to do that is if you are giving her another chance.
Re: What To Do To My Househelp? by wonlasewonimi: 3:05pm On Sep 30, 2012

lmao @ expensive blender designed by louis vuitton.
Re: What To Do To My Househelp? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 30, 2012

That is the absolute right decision. She needs to go. She is incapable of thinking like an adult and like Maclatunji alluded to, it is not safe to leave your child alone in her care. Are you going to wait for her to drown your child in water because she is trying to soak off stuck chewing gum from her hair? Or for her to cut off your child's finger to help cure the rash that was on it? The same principle she applied when she picked apart your laptop in the name of helping without any inhibition is what she will apply to deal with an issue with your child one day. She is dangerous unsupervised. Send her away asap!
Re: What To Do To My Househelp? by dayokanu(m): 4:24pm On Sep 30, 2012
she might put your daughter in a washing machine to bathe her
Re: What To Do To My Househelp? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 30, 2012
dayokanu: she might put your daughter in a washing machine to bathe her

Exactly.
Re: What To Do To My Househelp? by armyofone(m): 6:56pm On Sep 30, 2012
Wait, why are you people using house help? Holy Mary nne Jesus Christ!! shocked shocked

what's in housework that wifey and husbandy can't do?

maybe God is giving you sign you shouldn't use other people for your own task? undecided

expensive blender kwa, the glass ones or plastic? very funny!
Re: What To Do To My Househelp? by coogar: 7:06pm On Sep 30, 2012
armyofone:
Wait, why are you people using house help? Holy Mary nne Jesus Christ!! shocked shocked

maybe God is giving you sign you shouldn't use other people for your own task? undecided

everyone needs a househelp in nigeria - after working 6am till 11pm, where's the energy to complete domestic chores! they are fairly affordable too - even when i go for a month's holiday, i hire them!!
Re: What To Do To My Househelp? by Mrsmansson(f): 10:46pm On Sep 30, 2012
armyofone:

I honestly dont like men/boys that reason the way u do.if u and ur wife were to be going on a date for example who do leave ur baby for?and hw much house work can u do?Getting a help its not all about cleaning.pls change ur school of thoughts.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To My Househelp? by blank(f): 5:31am On Oct 01, 2012
armyofone:

Abeg, abeg, abeg. That ship has sailed.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To My Househelp? by Bosch10(m): 8:26pm On Jan 27, 2015
Well if this story is true (I have my doubts) then let her work it off, assuming you pay her an income, let her work it off and when she is done she leaves. That is how it is done between employer- Employee, except you keep her there and "feed" her without a defined income.
Dont dare slap a 22 year old, keep it professional.
I always tell people if you want a good maid, define the job description, define the working hours, not dusk to dawn, Pay a fare wage and give benefits. They provide a service you cannot, they are not the scum of the earth.
whao,i love your comment,it shows godliness and maturity and the type of boss pple will want to work with if u can act what u posted
Re: What To Do To My Househelp? by ArewaSweetheart(f): 9:28pm On Jan 27, 2015
lucabraski:
I bought a brand new laptop and brought it home. I came back from work and found most of the letters on the keyboard on top the table.

I couldn't understand what or how it happened. On questioning my 7yrs old daughter, she said the househelp used knife to uproot the letters on the keyboard, as according to her, the letters were not arranged alphabetically. In the process of her uprooting the keys, many of the sitting were broken.

The laptop cost me 160k, which I am yet to payoff.

I had to leave the house for some hours to calm my temper down before I know what to do.

I am yet to come up with a befitting punishment.

How sure are you that your housemaid was the one that actually did that to your computer? Please try and verify first before taking any action.

BTW, this your story sounds too funny to be true. cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pregnant Nigerian Woman Bares Her Baby Bump For Shoot With Husband & Son / Is It True That Cinema Is In Shoprite Ringroad Ibadan / Over Protectiveness Of The Female Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.