Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,584 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

FG Orders Opening Of Bye-pass In Lokoja-Abuja Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Orders Opening Of Bye-pass In Lokoja-Abuja Road (8350 Views)

FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens / OBJ & Buhari Pictured In 1978 Cutting The Tape At The Opening Of Warri Refinery / FG Orders Verification Of Workers’ Certificates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Orders Opening Of Bye-pass In Lokoja-Abuja Road by HammedSodiqq: 5:42am On Sep 27, 2012
Reprieve came the way of stranded motorists along Lokoja-Abuja road, as the Federal Government directed the opening of an identified bye-pass along the road on Wednesday.

Minister of Works, Mr. Mike Onolemenen, stated this after the Federal Executive Council  meeting presided over by Vice-President Namadi Sambo.

Onolemenen said the bye-pass, which had been created around the flooded area would be opened to motorists from Thursday.

He said government had engaged construction giants in the country to create the bye-pass as a temporary measure to ease the suffering of commuters.

He said, “What we’ve been doing since yesterday morning is that around the flooded area, we identified a bye-pass which we have created.

“As at this morning, we have attained about 60 per cent completion. From the way we are going, by tomorrow, the road should be opened to motorists.

“We have done a diversion at those drainages and vehicles will be able to now drive normally through this bye-pass without having recourse to canoes on our roads as a result of the flooding that happened.

“For us, that was a national priority because we needed to open that particular transport corridor so that movement between the southern states and the northern states will not be impaired.

“We have done that and I want Nigerians to be assured that government is with them in this situation and that government will continue to do all in its power to ensure that the pains are reduced to the barest minimum.”

Also Minister of Environment, Hajia Hadiza Mailafia, said a Presidential Committee set up by President Goodluck Jonathan to assess the impact of flooding across the country presented a preliminary report to the Council.

She said the committee visited seven states to ascertain the extent of impact of the flood on life and infrastructure and to identify immediate areas of intervention.

She said, “The most devastating that we have witnessed is that of Kogi State where we have a major road completely made impassable.

“We have also seen a lot of infrastructure submerged and witnessed very traumatising experiences by people that were affected.”

Mailafia said among the consequences of the flooding was huge loss of farmlands which might likely pose a threat to food security.

Meanwhile, Chairman, State Emergency Management Agency of Kogi State, Mr. Yomi Awoniyi, has said  about  eight people and over N5bn were lost in the flooding that is ravaging the state.

He stated that six persons lost their lives and two others are still missing.

In an interview with journalists in Lokoja on Wednesday, he said the devastation occasioned by the  flood was enormous.

He stated that many farmlands had been washed away, buildings, roads and bridges submerged and farm produce destroyed.

http://www.punchng.com/news/fg-orders-opening-of-bye-pass-in-lokoja-abuja-road/
Re: FG Orders Opening Of Bye-pass In Lokoja-Abuja Road by Nobody: 7:13am On Sep 27, 2012
This is commendable.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Opening Of Bye-pass In Lokoja-Abuja Road by Caseless: 8:15am On Sep 27, 2012
Dis minister of works' name is difficult 2 pronounce. Whre dos d make-shift bye-pass lead to? Anyway,nice one!
Re: FG Orders Opening Of Bye-pass In Lokoja-Abuja Road by HammedSodiqq: 1:36pm On Sep 27, 2012
Goood one. Quick relief
Re: FG Orders Opening Of Bye-pass In Lokoja-Abuja Road by idowuswap: 4:57pm On Sep 27, 2012
Yeee dey want 2 open way for igbo to dey robb people again, well yoruba man don talk oooooo
Re: FG Orders Opening Of Bye-pass In Lokoja-Abuja Road by aryzgreat: 5:02pm On Sep 27, 2012
idowuswap: Yeee dey want 2 open way for igbo to dey robb people again, well yoruba man don talk oooooo

Ur fada is an old foooooooooooool!

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Opening Of Bye-pass In Lokoja-Abuja Road by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 27, 2012
shocked
Re: FG Orders Opening Of Bye-pass In Lokoja-Abuja Road by taharqa: 5:07pm On Sep 27, 2012
Hahaha....effect of signing of d Performance Bond. Everybodi don dey fear....anyways, good move
Re: FG Orders Opening Of Bye-pass In Lokoja-Abuja Road by folahann(m): 5:11pm On Sep 27, 2012
okay
Re: FG Orders Opening Of Bye-pass In Lokoja-Abuja Road by mallorca(m): 5:14pm On Sep 27, 2012
good news
Re: FG Orders Opening Of Bye-pass In Lokoja-Abuja Road by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 27, 2012
How does the story relate to headline? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Opening Of Bye-pass In Lokoja-Abuja Road by ukpaku: 5:19pm On Sep 27, 2012
idowuswap: Yeee dey want 2 open way for igbo to dey robb people again, well yoruba man don talk oooooo
bro u mustn't seek for attention by insulting other peoples tribe,i no you more mature than what u have just written.
Re: FG Orders Opening Of Bye-pass In Lokoja-Abuja Road by Opoki(m): 5:30pm On Sep 27, 2012
Well, i'm a yoruba man and i'm not proud of what you just said.
Tribalism won't get us anywhere, how i wish you could understand what you just caused with this statement.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Opening Of Bye-pass In Lokoja-Abuja Road by PEREP: 5:34pm On Sep 27, 2012
Good to know the Nigeria govt is already thinking ahead if the below is executed as proposed.

The Federal Government has approved the sum of N1.3 billion for consultancy services on the feasibility studies of five fast rail lines across the country due for completion within seven months.

Briefing journalists after the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting presided over by the Vice-President, Namadi Sambo, the Minister of Information, Labaran Maku, said the proposed New Standard Gauge Railway Lines will create job opportunities for 51 Nigerian professionals and 115 non-professionals during execution.

The fast train lines, according to the Minister of Transport, Idris Umar, are: Lagos-Osogbo-Abuja (615km), which could be covered within three hours with five stops; Lagos-Shagamu-Benin (300km); Ajaokuta-Obajana-Abuja (533km); Zaria-Sokoto-Illela (520km) and Benin-Onitsha-Aba (500km).

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fg-to-spend-n1-3bn-on-lagos-abuja-four-other-fast-rail-lines/126152/
Re: FG Orders Opening Of Bye-pass In Lokoja-Abuja Road by Godmann(m): 5:35pm On Sep 27, 2012
Opoki:
Tribalism won't get us anywhere, how i wish you could understand what you just caused with this statement.

Sound mind. I am Igbo and I appreciate when we can relate with common sense like you have just done
Re: FG Orders Opening Of Bye-pass In Lokoja-Abuja Road by abbeycial: 5:35pm On Sep 27, 2012
Wateva...
Re: FG Orders Opening Of Bye-pass In Lokoja-Abuja Road by bestower: 5:40pm On Sep 27, 2012
well,the government has done what they can do to control the flood as at time to let d children of isrealites go between the flood...go in peace.i love this country.
Re: FG Orders Opening Of Bye-pass In Lokoja-Abuja Road by Sanfoaster: 5:44pm On Sep 27, 2012
naija no dey plan,....we re not proactive!
Re: FG Orders Opening Of Bye-pass In Lokoja-Abuja Road by NET1(m): 6:09pm On Sep 27, 2012
Opoki:

Well, I'm Igbo and your statement gives me hope for Nigeria. Pay no attention to that old hag. He's one of the people destroying the country with tribalism.

.NET
Re: FG Orders Opening Of Bye-pass In Lokoja-Abuja Road by ichidodo: 6:10pm On Sep 27, 2012
YEE! THE COWARDLY YIRIBAS R AFRAID O! THEY R SHYITIN THEIR PANTS CUZ OF THE IGBOS. RUN! RUNN FOR U FUCRKD UP LIVES!!! THE IGBOS R COMIN.
Re: FG Orders Opening Of Bye-pass In Lokoja-Abuja Road by kutchs: 6:22pm On Sep 27, 2012
Where‘s is His Imperial Majesty OAM4J when he‘s needed? You wont do something about stupid comments like this but ur blood will start boiling at my reply.
Re: FG Orders Opening Of Bye-pass In Lokoja-Abuja Road by Caseless: 6:51pm On Sep 27, 2012
ichidodo: YEE! THE COWARDLY YIRIBAS R AFRAID O! THEY R SHYITIN THEIR PANTS CUZ OF THE IGBOS. RUN! RUNN FOR U FUCRKD UP LIVES!!! THE IGBOS R COMIN.
D guy is attention seeker and u have given that 2 him. I hate bigots..i'm a nigerian!

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Opening Of Bye-pass In Lokoja-Abuja Road by Caseless: 6:52pm On Sep 27, 2012
ichidodo: YEE! THE COWARDLY YIRIBAS R AFRAID O! THEY R SHYITIN THEIR PANTS CUZ OF THE IGBOS. RUN! RUNN FOR U FUCRKD UP LIVES!!! THE IGBOS R COMIN.
D guy is an attention seeker and u have given that 2 him. I hate bigots..i'm a nigerian!
Re: FG Orders Opening Of Bye-pass In Lokoja-Abuja Road by preciousoz: 7:34pm On Sep 27, 2012
I really don't know who taught some myopic and disgruntled Elements how to browse (From their posts, they are no better that a Pre-Historic Bison).

I wonder what people learn in school these days . its so Sad that @ this present day where information is common place,we still find 1mbeciles roaming the internet. You can Easily tell their kind as they turn any good discourse into a Tribal or Religious Fight.

Let's Grow up and Make Nigeria a better Place.
Re: FG Orders Opening Of Bye-pass In Lokoja-Abuja Road by IleIfe2(m): 7:39pm On Sep 27, 2012

shut up. Oponu. ode oshi.
Re: FG Orders Opening Of Bye-pass In Lokoja-Abuja Road by shuddyy: 7:42pm On Sep 27, 2012

Do you have to join the guy in foolishness?
Re: FG Orders Opening Of Bye-pass In Lokoja-Abuja Road by Josh316(m): 7:48pm On Sep 27, 2012
Have they done a structural study on the Murtala Bridge to ascertain if the flood has not weakened it? A bye-pass is commendable, but what is the long term solution to ensure such doesnt repeat itself again? Are we pro-active against such situations? Government cannot stop an imminent flood, but can take concrete steps to ensure that its impact is minimal to the population by PLANNING AHEAD!

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Opening Of Bye-pass In Lokoja-Abuja Road by muyenmuyen: 7:58pm On Sep 27, 2012
why does take Govt so long bf4 the intervension?
Re: FG Orders Opening Of Bye-pass In Lokoja-Abuja Road by IleIfe2(m): 8:00pm On Sep 27, 2012
[size=15pt]idowuswap:[/size]

Make igbo no go spoil USA or carry cocaine well then dey go jail well well.cus then like prison
(Quote) (Report) 1 Like (Like)

European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: John Terry Found Guilty Of Racial Abuse & Given Four Match Ban by idowuswap: 5:32pm
So what special about john terry may is an igbo man cus then dey misbehave
(Quote) (Report) (Like)

Literature/Writing / Re: Chinua Achebe Publishes Biafran Memoir by idowuswap: 5:26pm
Igbo has started thier nuisancical act again that's hausa kill them like fowl.even thier agbari ojukwu abi na agbari socket run 500 mitre.
(Quote) (Report) 2 Likes (Like)

Education / Re: Nigeria To Include ICT In School Curricular by idowuswap: 5:14pm
To you binger.Nuisansica person like u must talk animal.may be ur father Molestation ur mother b4 giving birth 2 u.
(Quote) (Report) (Like)

Politics / Re: FG Orders Opening Of Bye-pass In Lokoja-Abuja Road by idowuswap: 4:57pm
Yeee dey want 2 open way for igbo to dey robb people again, well yoruba man don talk oooooo
(Quote) (Report) (Like)

Education / Re: Nigeria To Include ICT In School Curricular by idowuswap: 4:54pm
Make igbo no involve oooo if not high level of fraud go high pass in nigerian cus na them dey thief 4 everywhere.yoruba man don give advice oooo.
(Quote) (Report) (Like)

Politics / Re: Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters by idowuswap: 3:58pm
Which one be pakistan diesease.huuu watch out 4 nigerian sickness
(Quote) (Report) (Like)

Career / Re: Any Hope For Oracle Professionals In Nigeria? by idowuswap: 2:10pm
Can igbo desist 4rom thier robbery then kill police at ikeja.but then catch them dey want spoil yorubaland lagos then go die 1 by 1
(Quote) (Report) (Like)

Nairaland / General / Re: A Crocodile Found In Flooded Parts Of Benue (Picture) by idowuswap: 5:31pm On Sep 26
Kai if igbo man dey there he kill am sell am
(Quote) (Report) (Like)

Politics / Re: Taxi Driver Wins Sec's N2.5M Integrity Award by idowuswap: 3:59pm On Sep 26
How can someone think all tribe na lagosian is except yorubas fasola or akinolu oba eko or tinubu are from north or igbo.they are yorubas and if we split is not yoruba that s going 2 lives in lagos can any igbo claim EKO.? Why igbo no bring bakkasi hausa arewa why lagos is opc with other yobaland. Emajiyansi
(Quote) (Report) (Like)

Politics / Re: Governor Yuguda's In-Law Kidnapped In Bauchi by idowuswap: 8:37pm On Sep 25
Yuguda produce Guilders and 33 plus star thats why they call him yuguda in case u dont know.or if u want him 2 supply uuuu
(Quote) (Report) (Like)

Politics / Re: Governor Yuguda's In-Law Kidnapped In Bauchi by idowuswap: 8:11pm On Sep 25
And so what yuguda ko.Guinnes bottle.or Guilder.poo or ogogoro
(Quote) (Report) (Like)

This post has been hidden

Politics / Re: Why Don't Uniform Men Pay Fare In Buses? by idowuswap: 4:47pm On Sep 25
Osewa abi what is ur animal name.are u mad or something why can u join armed forces 2 protect people.then if those people can t render a little help 4 person that cover them.that mean their are bad,so think ur stinking brain b4 u poste 4uk ur Bottom.
(Quote) (Report) (Like)

Religion / Re: TB Joshua - Pray Nigeria's Flag Doesn't Fly At Half-mast by idowuswap: 1:38pm On Sep 24
Kai igbo peeps are thieved hausa they kill how are we going 2 seprate cus yoruba need better life 2 live.
(Quote) (Report) (Like)

Nairaland / General / Re: Bride Dies In An Accident On Her Way To Church For Wedding by idowuswap: 5:31am On Sep 24
Only God know the reason or the lady na emere and God will console her parent well no be her fault.
(Quote) (Report) (Like)

Politics / Re: Ex- IGP Ehindero Remanded In Prison For Theft. by idowuswap: 10:53pm On Sep 23
Example of good leaders.but the man is prosecuting civilian that embezzle money.if im oga presido i will just let him face firing squard.
(Quote) (Report) (Like)

Politics / Re: US Temporarily Closes Embassy In Nigeria by idowuswap: 10:50am On Sep 15
Attention pls,can u peeps see wht anima hausa has cause now.just bcuz they dont go 2 school.kai why bringing animal and humanbeing 2gether.this hausa are bunch of low life.north4 nothing.yoruba are the best tribe.cuz igbo self na chronic thief that's why then no dey live long.odua agbe gbogbo yoruba oooooo
(Quote) (Report) (Like)

Politics / Re: Obasanjo To Boko-Haram: “You Can Never Win This War” by idowuswap: 10:34am On Sep 15
Let boko haram kill them selves.yoruba has the best decency among tribes.boko haram are nuisance.animals.cowards
(Quote) (Report) (Like)

Politics / Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by idowuswap: 11:15pm On Sep 14
Pls dont count animal tribe i mean hausa with norman tribe.i put blame on those who almagamate us if not beast and humanbeing they live together?
(Quote) (Report) (Like)

Politics / Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by idowuswap: 9:05pm On Sep 14
I hate all this rubbish just 2 kill all this aboki wey no go school 4 five minute.hv u hear say yoruba muslim dey cause problem na only north4 nothing.animal people,pronounciation then no know like mofo 4 mopol.people 4 fifu.haaaa.useless tribe.
(Quote) (Report) 11 Likes (Like)

Music/Radio / Re: Kardinal Offishal Ft WizKid – Reppin For My City (the Anthem Pt. 2) by idowuswap: 2:21pm On Sep 14
Yea see our yoruba boy dey go forward,useless igbo musician make una go hug transformer.kai yoruba are the best.but igbo sabi thief well well.hausa na animal
(Quote) (Report) (Like)

[size=15pt]This nit-wit is a troll, just ignore him.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: FG Orders Opening Of Bye-pass In Lokoja-Abuja Road by BusHouse(m): 12:03am On Sep 28, 2012
caseless: Dis minister of works' name is difficult 2 pronounce. Whre dos d make-shift bye-pass lead to? Anyway,nice one!
It leads to your room.
Re: FG Orders Opening Of Bye-pass In Lokoja-Abuja Road by BusHouse(m): 12:10am On Sep 28, 2012
You are a disgrace to yoruba race.

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Opening Of Bye-pass In Lokoja-Abuja Road by ajutant(m): 7:06am On Sep 28, 2012
Dat idowuswap tin is a sociopath. Seekin cheap popularity.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gen.buhari's Team Throw Bomb At President Jonathan Using Memes!! / Dont Marry A Yoruba Man: Says Abiodun Kuforiji / SERAP Writes archbishop Of Canterbury, Seeks His Intervention On Sowore’s Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.