Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes (17200 Views)

American Pastor,Creflo Dollar Arrested For Stealing Church Funds To Buy Mansion / 14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by PastorKun(m): 7:18am On Sep 27, 2012
By SaharaReporters, New York

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)  has accused a former managing director of Bank PHB, Mr Francis Atuche, of using depositors’ funds to pay N45 million in church tithes. 

Lead prosecution counsel, Kemi Pinheiro, today made the accusation at the Lagos High Court, sitting in Ikeja, while leading in evidence a key witness, Mr Solomon Abolaji Ogunsola, a former staff of PHB Mortgages Limited.  Atuche paid the money from an account of PHB Mortgage Limited.

Pinheiro presented documents in court, some of them e-mails sent as an order to release the sum of N35million to St. Monica Catholic church, Ibusa, Delta State, and another sum of N10million to another St. Augustine Catholic Church.  Ogunsola told the court that Atuche sent the money to the two churches in Delta State because he hails from the state.

Ogunsola also admitted knowing two companies: Claremount Nigeria Limited and Claremount Asset Management.   He said that Claremount Nigeria Limited had a call account with his bank and the account was owned by Atuche.   

He explained that the only document on the call account’s file was a reference letter which bears Atuche's name.  The document was admitted as exhibit.

In addition, various transactions carried out by Atuche in his statements of account with Claremount Nigeria Limited and Claremount Asset Management Limited were read. Atuche had denied having anything to do with the two companies.

Justice Lateefa Okunnu admitted the accounts as exhibits. 

The EFCC counsel also led in evidence, one Mr Andy Uzomor, another staff of PHB Mortgage Limited, who presented a 39-page document before the court as exhibit. The presentation of the document was opposed by lead defence counsel, Anthony Idigbe, who claimed that some of the documents had to do with a N20million transaction between his law chambers and Atuche. Idigbe urged the court not to admit the particular section as it will deny Atuche a right to a counsel of his choice. According to him, if the document was admitted either himself or his client will have to go into the witness box, which might force his chamber out of the case.  

But Pinheiro insisted that Idigbe’s objections lacked substance in law. According to him, some of the documents pertained to an account that Atuche had disowned. Besides, he referred to Section 38, sub-section 1 of the EFCC Establishment Act which grants the EFCC power to seek and receive information from anybody. After listening to all their submissions, Justice Okunnu admitted the documents as exhibits and adjourned the case till October 4th, 2012.

Source: http://saharareporters.com/news-page/efcc-former-phb-boss-atuche-used-stolen-funds-pay-n45m-church-tithes
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 27, 2012
There's a thin line between the church and politics in Nigeria: that thin line is the stupidity of the masses...

23 Likes

Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by OmoAlata(f): 7:41am On Sep 27, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Pinheiro presented documents in court, some of them e-mails sent as an order to release the sum of N35million to St. Monica Catholic church, Ibusa, Delta State, and another sum of N10million to another St. Augustine Catholic Church.  

The churches should do the right thing and give the money back wink
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Nobody: 7:47am On Sep 27, 2012
Omo Alata:

they will probably start a new contribution to raise the money..

there should be a verse to support that initiative..

3 Likes

Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by DANILSA(m): 8:42am On Sep 27, 2012
musKeeto: There's a thin line between the church and politics in Nigeria: that thin line is the stupidity of the masses...
grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by ogochukwunasa1: 8:43am On Sep 27, 2012
Church business is a serious business
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by iverson2319(m): 8:43am On Sep 27, 2012
Let them forgive him jaree atleast he spent it well. #wink

1 Like

Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by stagger: 8:43am On Sep 27, 2012
Tithes are paid to where an individual worships. SO if Atuche is not a worshipper in those churches, then what he gave cannot be called tithes, but rather donations.

Having cleared this up, it is very wrong for an individual to use money made from illegal means to give to the church in any form, be it tithes, offerings, donations, etc. The truth is that even if the money is accepted by the church, it can never be accepted by God and there will always be repercussions.

NO INDIVIDUAL CAN BRIBE GOD, otherwise the rich will buy favours from God at the expense of the poor, which can never happen. Is Atuche enjoying his life now? Has the money he allegedly gave out to the 2 churches bailed him out of his predicament?

15 Likes

Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 27, 2012
Damn! I'm opening my own church tomorrow. Kai! See moneyyyy!

2 Likes

Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by DANILSA(m): 8:46am On Sep 27, 2012
musKeeto:
they will probably start a new contribution to raise the money..

there should be a verse to support that initiative..
Thy shall not steal, thy shall not covet another man's property(nigeria) grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 27, 2012
stagger: Tithes are paid to where an individual worships. SO if Atuche is not a worshipper in those churches, then what he gave cannot be called tithes, but rather donations.

Having cleared this up, it is very wrong for an individual to use money made from illegal means to give to the church in any form, be it tithes, offerings, donations, etc. The truth is that even if the money is accepted by the church, it can never be accepted by God and there will always be repercussions.

NO INDIVIDUAL CAN BRIBE GOD, otherwise the rich will buy favours from God at the expense of the poor, which can never happen. Is Atuche enjoying his life now? Has the money he allegedly gave out to the 2 churches bailed him out of his predicament?
I have to say I'm surprised... pleasantly surprised..
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by emilyone(f): 8:47am On Sep 27, 2012
stealing other people's money to pay tithes? lipsrsealed
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by alphonsok: 8:48am On Sep 27, 2012
efcc a big liar
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by gramci: 8:49am On Sep 27, 2012
That money don enter voice mail.
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 27, 2012
Engr. Francis Atuche, a product of first class honors in the league of Charles Soludo and many others, an engineer turned Banker. He wasted no time putting his brilliance and engineering acumen to work

2 Likes

Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by KINGwax(m): 8:49am On Sep 27, 2012
musKeeto: There's a thin line between the church and politics in Nigeria: that thin line is the stupidity of the masses...
so if u cross your supposedly thin line which is the stupidity of the masses then you're where? Politics? Church?
How's does ds make sense to u? The reason 'thin line' is used is because it's fragile and u might not even knw when u cross it. Not because idiottas like u can make the 'thin line' the subject of your insipid, and vapid assertions!

8 Likes

Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Okijajuju1(m): 8:50am On Sep 27, 2012
stagger: Tithes are paid to where an individual worships. SO if Atuche is not a worshipper in those churches, then what he gave cannot be called tithes, but rather donations.

To be reponded to soon...
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by free2ryhme: 8:50am On Sep 27, 2012
Omo Alata:

u think say e go easy
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by mbhs139(m): 8:52am On Sep 27, 2012
alphonso k: efcc a big liar

This one don miss road o!

You read the story at all?

3 Likes

Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 27, 2012
KINGwax: so if u cross your supposedly thin line which is the stupidity of the masses then you're where? Politics? Church?
How's does ds make sense to u? The reason 'thin line' is used is because it's fragile and u might not even knw when u cross it. Not because idiottas like u can make the 'thin line' the subject of your insipid, and vapid assertions!
KingWax.. na joke... go use wax rub your laff muscle...

6 Likes

Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 27, 2012
Wetin consign church? Na the church beg am for the money? E be like say the guy wan show im self as per too much money dey im hand.the money don enter network busy! undecided
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by DANILSA(m): 8:56am On Sep 27, 2012
[quote author=pDude]Damn! I'm opening my own church tomorrow. Kai! See moneyyyy! NAIRALAND ONLINE MINISTRIES

2 Likes

Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by chucky234(m): 8:56am On Sep 27, 2012
Interesting....
At least the man gave to churches which is no doubt a good cause,but why stolen money.
All dis bank managers with thiefing longer throat sef,how church wan come take raise dat kain money to give EFCC now.
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 27, 2012
Its called "seed"
U'll never know the value of sowing "seed" in the church till you give it a try! There's nothing like good or bad money, they all buy thesame GARRI in the market!

I will soon open my own church and it'll be called, "GARRI lovers Assembly"
#smh

4 Likes

Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by texazzpete(m): 8:58am On Sep 27, 2012

nah, those are Catholic churches. Tithing is NOT mandatory there and unlike your average pentecostal church, the preaching doesn't usually focus on money, tithing and 'sowing seeds'.

He probably sent that cash in as a donation to assuage his conscience. In Nigeria, tithing, sowing seeds and cash donations are often done by the corrupt folks to assuage their conscience as unconscious attempts to bribe God. I remember the most notorious 419 and 'yahoo' kingpins in school those days were among the most vigorous givers in church.

I remember 9ice hammering on the need to pay your tithe and proclaiming that he paid his tithes religiously in his song 'Little Money'. of course in the next track he resumed describing intimate parts of the female anatomy and Instruments...so make of that what you will grin

5 Likes

Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by KINGwax(m): 9:01am On Sep 27, 2012
musKeeto:
KingWax.. na joke... go use wax rub your laff muscle...
i'm highly honored at your sense of humor. I take back every form of my statements in the mode of affronts. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by PeeDaVinci: 9:02am On Sep 27, 2012
doubting if efcc really has lawyers?
-does the argument of paying tithes with stolen money will help convict the man? so, why bring it up as an argument?
-catholics do not pay tithes, and so, saying he paid tithes to catholic churches is a flawed argument
-it is however a good information for nigerians to know he donated stolen money to churches so as to know the height of hypocrisy
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 27, 2012
It was donation not tithes,mods always hides posts but can relate d subject of a post to its content,and eventhough I don't believe in tithing,it is paid to ones place of worship,this was not tithe it was a church donation,he could have donated d same anywhere.
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by Dee60: 9:04am On Sep 27, 2012
I am no fan of Atuche or others but I think EFCC is missing something out. There are several thiefing bank MDs and executives that are being honoured with national garlands while they have just picked a few, Ibru, Akingbola and Atuche to hound and hound. It is nonsense.

I hope that at the end of the day EFCC would not have executed the Sanusi agenda of hounding and crippling a few perceived enemies, while several others with even greater infractions are walking about town with shoulders raised, and even being honoured here and there.
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by ogochukwunasa1: 9:04am On Sep 27, 2012
KINGwax: so if u cross your supposedly thin line which is the stupidity of the masses then you're where? Politics? Church?

Mr lexicographer, abeg park for one side make i see road. D post is a joke, so enjoy d fun

2 Likes

Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by slimojas89(m): 9:05am On Sep 27, 2012
So many of them..You can't bribe God mhen.. tongue Anyways, i plan opening my church soon cheesy
Re: Ex-PHB Boss Used N45M Stolen Funds To Pay Church Tithes by lacosanostra: 9:07am On Sep 27, 2012
can u people leave church alone it makes u people make funny comment,u guys should find out d defination of tithe,that said,9ja people dont ask questions or am i ignorant, a bank manager cant afford such money in tithe d church would hv asked questions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

8 Things You Should Know About Unanswered Prayers / Missing Baby: Leaked Audio Of Co-conspirator Exonerates Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin / The Homosexual, Incestual, Greedy Man Who Christians Have Portraits Of At Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.