Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers (8441 Views)

Vision Of Heaven And Hell: Few Questions that need answers. / Is Jesus God? / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 01, 2012
Boomark: It always good to start from the beginning and not from the middle.

The reward Christ is coming with is given to Him by the Father just as the promised Holy spirit He poured on all flesh was given to Him by the Father.
Acts2:33
33 Exalted to the right hand of
God, he has received from the
Father the promised Holy Spirit
and has poured out what you
now see and hear.

Col1:18
Christ is first in all things that why is the alpha and omega. First born of all creation...etc.

God bless brother, it takes humility to reject the trinity.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 01, 2012
God is indivisible and mankind cannot dissect Him into three to have God, the Father, God, the Son and God, the Spirit. The word of God echoed through the universe and declaring, “Hear O Israel, the Lord our God is One God.” (Deut.6:4) The first Century saints knew no such division of God into three equal individual Beings. As 1Cor.11:3 says, “But I will have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of every woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.” And when one declares that the indivisible God has come to be three by the making of man, it bothers on the line of blasphemy and it is punishable by spiritual death here and here after.

The confusion of mankind and the wanting in knowledge and wisdom created three Gods out of One God. There are scriptures that the Church fathers and translators of the ancient text have mangled in order that the word of God would read smoothly. From the third century onward, man has wrestled with these scriptures as they were helping God to make His word read clearly and thus produced Trinitarian doctrine. They should have left the scriptures as they were and not have tampered with them. They left us a distorted version of the God who is indivisible. Beginning from the third Century to this day, they have caused a disharmony in the scriptures and plunged the entire world into chaos as to the nature of God. We are still wrestling with it today and trying to make sense with three Gods in One. This was an error, a mistake and a fallacy!

God had a Son and He gave Him His spirit for the purpose of redeeming mankind to Himself. You know the rest of the story. Jesus died for our sins in order to bring us to God, His Father and all who will acknowledge Him as such, will have everlasting life. (Jn.3:16) There were some saints from the beginning of the 3rd Century who just could not accept that God could put His spirit upon the prophets, Christ, the Apostles, Moses, the seventy Elders and all the saints who have asked for the spirit of God, without reducing His person. We have all forgotten that He is God Almighty and that there is nothing too hard for Him. He could raise up stones and turned them to worshippers. (Gen.18:14) Num.11:24-30

Rev. Henry Aikondion Idonije (2012-08-23). God Divided? You Can't.: Trinity: A Blasphemy of God. A Kingdom Divided, Falls Not Stand. (Kindle Locations 152-163). AuthorHouse. Kindle Edition.

Brethren I just downloaded this book from kindle , if you do not have a kindle , you can install the app on your iphone/smart phone or laptop and buy the book , only £2.59 from Amazon.

The hard copy is almost £19 which is on the expensive side.

I am still on the introduction page, so far so good.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 01, 2012
The concept of the Oneness of God was stressed by Moses in a Biblical passage known as the “Shema,” or the Jewish creed of faith: “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord.” (Deuteronomy 6:4) It was repeated word-for-word approximately 1500 years later by Jesus when he said: “. . . The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; the Lord our God is one Lord.” (Mark 12:29) In reality, the term Trinity was a battle between the Bishops and the Deacons, but the Bishops won the battle and the word Trinity was etched into Christianity. Christianity has digressed from the concept of the Oneness of God, however, into a vague and mysterious doctrine that was formulated during the fourth century. This doctrine, which continues to be a source of controversy both within and without the Christian religion, is known as the Doctrine of the Trinity. Simply put, the Christian doctrine of the Trinity states that God is the union of three divine persons—the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit—in one divine being.

Rev. Henry Aikondion Idonije (2012-08-23). God Divided? You Can't.: Trinity: A Blasphemy of God. A Kingdom Divided, Falls Not Stand. (Kindle Locations 177-185). AuthorHouse. Kindle Edition.
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 01, 2012
Let’s put this together in a different form: one person, God the Father + one person, God the Son + one person, God the Holy Ghost = one person, God the What? Is this English or is this gibberish? It is said that Athanasius, the bishop who formulated this doctrine, confessed that the more he wrote on the matter, the less capable he was of clearly expressing his thoughts regarding it.

Rev. Henry Aikondion Idonije (2012-08-23). God Divided? You Can't.: Trinity: A Blasphemy of God. A Kingdom Divided, Falls Not Stand. (Kindle Locations 189-191). AuthorHouse. Kindle Edition.
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Boomark(m): 8:41pm On Oct 01, 2012
frosbel:

God bless brother, it takes humility to reject the trinity.

God bless you too dear.

I hope your write up will not cause confusion. It is always better in small write up and straight to the point.

Cheers.
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 01, 2012
Boomark:

God bless you too dear.

I hope your write up will not cause confusion. It is always better in small write up and straight to the point.

Cheers.

I guess like Paul I am learning too much and need to slow down grin

New International Version (©1984)
At this point Festus interrupted Paul's defense. "You are out of your mind, Paul!" he shouted. "Your great learning is driving you insane -
Acts 26:24

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Boomark(m): 9:44pm On Oct 01, 2012
Hahaha. Keep it up brother. Its a good thing.
cool
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by truthislight: 11:47pm On Oct 01, 2012
Enigma:

Revelation 22

1. Who is the person that is coming with His reward that is with Him?

2. Is it God the Father?

3. Or is it Jesus Christ?

4. Is the person who is coming not the one referred to as Alpha and Omega?

So, now tell yourself (and not me),

cool

Revelation is a narative of two person.

The father and the son.

After calling Jesus it calls on Yahweh, and after calling Yahweh it calls on Jesus.

See how revelation 21:22,23 does this, the two names are most of the times called one after the other.

Do you want to tell us that it is only Jesus that is mention in revelation?

But it started by saying that it is a relation that his father gave to him!

Brooo! Cool down naa!

But revelation 22:1 says that the river is flowing from the throne of God and of the lamb.

2 person naa!

@enigma
did you see how easy and straith forward it was for you to spot my typo?(miss) "mixed"

well, if what you have been trying to prove in this forum so far on trinity is the truth, it will have been so simple for someone of your intellect to prove.
Just as you highlighter my typo with ease.
Peace.
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Enigma(m): 1:05am On Oct 02, 2012
You said that the title "Alpha and Omega" is exclusive to God the Father.

All I have done is to show you just one example (there are other examples) where the title "Alpha and Omega" is claimed by Jesus.

Now you are singing a different tune!

Answer this question honestly: does Revelation 22:12 use "Alpha and Omega" for Jesus or not?

12 “Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

cool
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 3:20am On Oct 02, 2012
Yeah, Jesus is most definitely God as He is most definitely Man or else He couldn't have mediated between Man and God. He was and is a true and impartial representative of both sides, fully answering their demands, if any, and for their responsibilities, if any.

A denial of Jesus's Deity or His Humanity is the denial of salvation itself and effectively removes the one denying out of fellowship with children of God. It is thus a betrayal of the Blood of the Covenant to receive such a one as a brother.
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by ApostlePat: 6:44am On Oct 02, 2012
Ihedinobi: Yeah, Jesus is most definitely God as He is most definitely Man or else He couldn't have mediated between Man and God. He was and is a true and impartial representative of both sides, fully answering their demands, if any, and for their responsibilities, if any.

Yours is an insightful and revelation such as the Apostle John. The Apostle called such people ANTICHRIST operating in the spirit of Antichrist of the end time. Apostle John wrote in II John 1 vs 7, in the New Living Translation, "I say this because many deceivers have gone out into the world. They deny that Jesus Christ came in a real body. Such a person is a deceiver and an antichrist".

What in the world is this Apostle saying to our generation by revelation? The same Apostle wrote in John 1:1 and 14,
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth".

The Apostle John is saying to our generation by revelation that the Word that is God and was with God became flesh or human and dwell among us. This Word is Christ in his pre-existence and this Jesus is God. Any Christian that says Jesus Christ is not God, though not the Father, such Christian is operating in the spirit of Antichrist of the last days.

Ihedinobi:
A denial of Jesus's Deity or His Humanity is the denial of salvation itself and effectively removes the one denying out of fellowship with children of God. It is thus a betrayal of the Blood of the Covenant to receive such a one as a brother.

Again, yours is a kingdom statement filled with the knowledge of the word of God. All New Testament writers agree that Jesus is God that came to us in human form. Apostle Paul confess same eternal truth. In I Timothy 3 vs 16 in the GOD'S WORD® Translation says "The mystery that gives us our reverence for God is acknowledged to be great: He appeared in his human nature, was approved by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was announced throughout the nations, was believed in the world, and was taken to heaven in glory".

The "He" therein is God. Who on earth is this God that appeared in human nature? It was Jesus Christ, not the Father and in this verse Jesus Christ is God. BELOVED, BEWARE OF THE ANTICHRIST SPIRITS AND DECEIVERS IN THE LAST DAYS!
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 7:22am On Oct 02, 2012
ApostlePat:

Yours is an insightful and revelation such as the Apostle John. The Apostle called such people ANTICHRIST operating in the spirit of Antichrist of the end time. Apostle John wrote in II John 1 vs 7, in the New Living Translation, "I say this because many deceivers have gone out into the world. They deny that Jesus Christ came in a real body. Such a person is a deceiver and an antichrist".

What in the world is this Apostle saying to our generation by revelation? The same Apostle wrote in John 1:1 and 14,
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth".

The Apostle John is saying to our generation by revelation that the Word that is God and was with God became flesh or human and dwell among us. This Word is Christ in his pre-existence and this Jesus is God. Any Christian that says Jesus Christ is not God, though not the Father, such Christian is operating in the spirit of Antichrist of the last days.

Again, yours is a kingdom statement filled with the knowledge of the word of God. All New Testament writers agree that Jesus is God that came to us in human form. Apostle Paul confess same eternal truth. In I Timothy 3 vs 16 in the GOD'S WORD® Translation says "The mystery that gives us our reverence for God is acknowledged to be great: He appeared in his human nature, was approved by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was announced throughout the nations, was believed in the world, and was taken to heaven in glory".

The "He" therein is God. Who on earth is this God that appeared in human nature? It was Jesus Christ, not the Father and in this verse Jesus Christ is God. BELOVED, BEWARE OF THE ANTICHRIST SPIRITS AND DECEIVERS IN THE LAST DAYS!

The Lord bless you, bro/sis. May His Grace be multiplied to you.
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by ijawkid(m): 7:30am On Oct 02, 2012
Ihedinobi:

The Lord bless you, bro/sis. May His Grace be multiplied to you.

Is this not the same thing dattswani has been posting to propagate the GURU Gods??

Christianity and paganism mixed together...

Mayhem is the out come.....
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by ijawkid(m): 7:34am On Oct 02, 2012
ApostlePat:

And God worshipped himself and died......

Rubbish!!!!!.....

Wake up bro and leave pagan myths alone....

Jesus the son and servant of God is who came to the earth not God himself..wake up! Wake up!! And wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had expected all trinitarians to go enjoy themselves on this pagan post....

www.nairaland.com/1061586/god-comes-into-world-through

Feel free to go connect with your pagan sides .........
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Enigma(m): 8:32am On Oct 02, 2012
Ihedinobi: Yeah, Jesus is most definitely God as He is most definitely Man or else He couldn't have mediated between Man and God. He was and is a true and impartial representative of both sides, fully answering their demands, if any, and for their responsibilities, if any.

Bros, I agree with most of these except I think the last sentence should probably be tempered.

There are a number of senses in which the word "brother" could be used legitimately even in relation to non-Christians. Purely, as human beings it could be fair to refer to another as "brother"; compare also "my Naija brother", "my African brother", "my Igbo brother" or in the case of our West Indian friends "me bredren". smiley

As I said, I agree with most of your post and I certainly agree that it is the spirit of anti-Christ that makes a person deny that Jesus IS God - no matter that the person may be well intended.

cool
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by ijawkid(m): 9:13am On Oct 02, 2012
Enigma:

Bros, I agree with most of these except I think the last sentence should probably be tempered.

There are a number of senses in which the word "brother" could be used legitimately even in relation to non-Christians. Purely, as human beings it could be fair to refer to another as "brother"; compare also "my Naija brother", "my African brother", "my Igbo brother" or in the case of our West Indian friends "me bredren". smiley

As I said, I agree with most of your post and I certainly agree that it is the spirit of anti-Christ that makes a person deny that Jesus IS God - no matter that the person may be well intended.

cool

Please enigma abeg u just show me from the scriptures were it says those who do not agree that Jesus is GOD is the anti christ...

Thank you sir!!!!

I throw way salute......
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 02, 2012
The doctrine of the trinity is against, opposed to, opposite of, the doctrine of Christ (The Doctrine of Christ Versus the Doctrine of the Trinity).

For example, the trinity doctrine says that the triune God is Lord but the doctrine of Christ (that is, the biblical doctrine) says that Jesus is Lord (Romans 10:9). For another, the Trinity doctrine says that the Lord is three in one, but the doctrine of Christ says that the Lord is one (Deuteronomy 6:4; 1 Corinthians 8:6; Ephesians 4:5).
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 02, 2012
Trinity: Spirit of the Antichrist

1. The Trinity is Antichrist because it implicitly denies that Christians are begotten of God

In the doctrine of the Trinity, there is only one begotten child of God, Jesus, and there will never be more than one begotten child of God. He was, and will forever be, God's "only begotten son." In the doctrine of the Trinity, there is no possibility that you or me can really be God's own son or daughter. This is the spirit of the antichrist. All those who are born again from above by the Spirit of God are begotten children of God and God is truly their own Father. Jesus is "the firstborn of many brothers." When Jesus walked in Galilee and when Jesus suffered on the cross, he was indeed God's only begotten son. No one else had ever been begotten of God except Jesus. But that is no longer true. The very point of God sending his son to die on the cross and rise again was not so that he might remain God's only begotten son but so that he might be the firstborn of many begotten sons and daughters of God. The doctrine of the Trinity robs this away from the children of God by having them think that only Jesus will ever be God's own true child.

Every true believer who has been born again of the Spirit is a begotten child of God. It is the lie of Trinity doctrine that only Jesus is really God's own begotten child. It is the lie of Trinity doctrine that believers are not God's own begotten children. It is the same spirit of the antichrist that led those who killed Jesus. They could not bear the notion that a human being could possibly be God's own son. And that same spirit of antichrist cannot bear that many human beings have now become begotten children of God.

A difficulty here is that many people may suppose that such language is motivated by an intention to demonize a doctrine simply for the sake of demonizing a doctrine. But if indeed this doctrine is rooted in the spirit of antichrist, we must recognize that reality. The religious leaders killed Jesus because they could not bear the thought that a human being was God's very own son and it was on this basis that they wanted him dead. The same spirit of the antichrist will then likewise reject the notion that any other human, such as you or me, could possibly be God's own begotten child. But the Scriptures plainly teach us that true believers are those who are begotten of God by the Spirit of God.

They have died to that life into which they had been born of natural parents and they were begotten again into a new life where their father is God and God is truly their father just as God was truly Jesus' father. As Peter says, they are "partakers of the divine nature." God is spirit, Holy Spirit. And to be a true child of God means we must be, by nature, a spiritual being. Spirit gives birth to spirit. And that is who you are in indeed you have been born again. You are a begotten child of God and He is truly your own father. The spirit of antichrist would have you believe that only Jesus will ever be a true child of God.

And that is the devil's lie. All who have been begotten of the Spirit of God are truly His own children just as baby Jesus was His own child since he had been begotten of the Spirit of God. God makes us his sons and daughters not by some vague undefined notion of "adoption." God makes us truly his sons and daughters by begetting us so that we, like Jesus, are truly begotten of God. If we have been born again, God is truly our own Father because he begat us.

2. The Trinity is Antichrist because it necesssarily denies that Christ himself is in us.

Christ himself dwells in believers. God the Father dwells in believers. Jesus promised that the Father and the Son would come to make their home in us. This is because believers have the Holy Spirit in them. The Scriptures testify that believers only have ONE Spirit in them, the Holy Spirit of the Living God. In this way the Father and the Son are in them because the Father and the risen Son are that one Spirit. But in the doctrine of the Trinity, the Holy Spirit is most definitely NOT the Son and the Holy Spirit is most definitely NOT the Father. How then could the Father and Son be abiding in anyone who denies that the Father and Son are that one Spirit? But this is the case in the doctrine of the Trinity since the Holy Spirit is NOT the Father and the Holy Spirit is NOT the Son. In the doctrine of the Trinity, the only possible way that the Father and the Son could possibly be in believers is for the Father and the Son to be separate spirits since neither the Father or the Son is the Holy Spirit.

Hence, the Trinitarian must either confess he has three Spirits in him, Father, Son, Holy Spirit, or he must confess that only one Spirit is in him who is not the Father and not the Son and thus he must deny that the Father of the Son is in him since that one Spirit is NOT the Father or the Son. But since the Scriptures testify that we only have ONE Spirit in us, the Holy Spirit, the Trinitarian must therefore deny that Christ is in him since the Holy Spirit is not Christ and Christ is not the Holy Spirit in his doctrine. This is the Spirit of the Antichrist which denies the Father and the Son.

Source
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 02, 2012
Enigma:

cool

I am in complete agreement with you, bro. And I thank you very much for opening it out the way you did. It brings out into the light things that I couldn't express or understand well myself.

However, I prefer "thus" in the sense of "in this way", not "and so" in my statement. (edit: I nearly changed the word to "therefore", but I had the beginnings of an understanding into the existence of other "brotherhoods" than that of the Faith, so I retained it.) I agree that with all of Frosbel's madness, he is still my brother according to the flesh. But within the community of believers, I do not recognize his claim to brotherhood or the claim of any who kick against the Perfection and Necessity of the Atonement of Lord Jesus.

Thank you again, big brother. I'm really grateful that you do not shrink from calling me on issues of understanding and clarifying things that I make bold to say. smiley

Edited.
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by tidytim: 9:58am On Oct 02, 2012
Ihedinobi:

However, I prefer "thus" in the sense of "in this way", not "and so" in my statement. (edit: I nearly changed the word to "therefore", but I had the beginnings of an understanding into the existence of other "brotherhoods" than that of the Faith, so I retained it.) I agree that with all of Frosbel's madness, he is still my brother according to the flesh. But within the community of believers, I do not recognize his claim to brotherhood or the claim of any who kick against the Perfection and Necessity of the Atonement of Lord Jesus.

Edited.

Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by plappville(f): 10:08am On Oct 02, 2012
Enigma:

cool

You are not treating the Revelation verse you qouted, I had love to be cleared what it means please.

"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."

How is Jesus the ‘Root' & ‘Offspring’ of David? what does this really mean?

[size=16pt]1 Peter 3:15 Always be ready to give reasonable justification to anyone who asks you for an explanation of the hope that is within you, but do it considerately and courteously.
[/size]
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 02, 2012
@Frosbel

Your most recent article on this page is quite interesting. It is so because it takes the Truth of God and makes a lie out of It. This is what happens when the Foundation is destroyed. Should one reject the Foundation of Christ, confusion sets in, where actual truths are related in the most deceptive ways.

It is true that every child of God is as truly begotten as Jesus Christ is. But not because they're on any kind of par with Him. We are children of God, begotten truly of Him, because we have been given the Spirit of Him Who is truly the only begotten of God. Don't bother about shouting that that is confusing. It is bound to be to one for whom up is down and down is up.

Regardless, I will explain. We who have become sons of God are not so "individually" really, we are sons in the Son. Our sonship is essentially Christ's Sonship. God recognizes us as "genetic" children of His because He sees Christ when He looks at us, not because He birthed us separately from Christ. We are sons in Christ NOT like Christ.

As for three Spirits indwelling the believer rather than one, Jesus said that whoever had seen Him had seen the Father. In other words, it's absurd to demand to see the Father when Jesus is standing right in front of you. Also He said that the Spirit of Truth would be with us forever and said that He Himself too would be with us always even to the end of the age. In other words, the Presence of the Holy Spirit = the Presence of Jesus Himself = the Presence of the Father Himself. If anyone has the Spirit of Christ, He has Christ Himself and the Father as well. This is because while Each is a Separate Person, They are all essentially One. Like I have said elsewhere, Their Unity is so absolute that even while One "alone" might be doing or saying or being something, the Others share His experience vitally as if it were Their Very Own Actions, Words and States/Conditions.

Again, if you feel confused, you need not express it. It is fully expected that for one who knows/respects no Core or Anchor to hold to, nothing should really make sense. And you are such a one. Besides, it is not merely (if at all) for your benefit that I write. It is for the young ones whose senses have not been exercised well enough to discriminate between true and false.
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by plappville(f): 10:15am On Oct 02, 2012
Acts 3:22 For Moses said, 'The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own people; you must listen to everything he tells you.

Can anyone explain who this verse refared to? Who is the Prophet that is like "MOSES"? God Himself?, who who?
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by plappville(f): 10:31am On Oct 02, 2012
Deuteronomy 18:18 I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers; I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him.

Who is the commander? and who is to carrying out the command? TWO INVOLVE HERE NON?

When the Pharisee who had invited him saw this, he said to himself, "If this man were a prophet, he would know who is touching him and what kind of woman she is--that she is a sinner."

They believed Him as a prophet!

Matthew 21:11 The crowds answered, "This is Jesus, the prophet from Nazareth in Galilee."

Couldn't they have called him God instead?

Luke 7:16 They were all filled with awe and praised God. "A great prophet has appeared among us," they said. "God has come to help his people."

Why do we now change it?

John 4:19 "Sir," the woman said, "I can see that you are a prophet.

The woman didn't know Him so well?
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 02, 2012
[quote author=Ihedinobi]@Frosbel

Your most recent article on this page is quite interesting. It is so because it takes the Truth of God and makes a lie out of It. This is what happens when the Foundation is destroyed. Should one reject the Foundation of Christ, confusion sets in, where actual truths are related in the most deceptive ways.

What is the Foundation if not Christ , the Head of the cornerstone and the Son of GOD.

What other foundation is there to know ?

It is true that every child of God is as truly begotten as Jesus Christ is. But not because they're on any kind of par with Him. We are children of God, begotten truly of Him, because we have been given the Spirit of Him Who is truly the only begotten of God. Don't bother about shouting that that is confusing. It is bound to be to one for whom up is down and down is up.

It is not confusing to me at all, you seem to be the one in a mixup of facts.

Jesus was begotten of the Father through the Spirit which overshadowed Mary, we are begotten into the family through Christ Jesus.

Regardless, I will explain. We who have become sons of God are not so "individually" really, we are sons in the Son. Our sonship is essentially Christ's Sonship. God recognizes us as "genetic" children of His because He sees Christ when He looks at us, not because He birthed us separately from Christ. We are sons in Christ NOT like Christ.

When God looks at us he does not see Christ but us. He sees us as his own because of the atonement of his Son through the blood.

To reiterate, God sees us as individuals , he does not see Christ as if we have no individuality. He sees us because of what Christ has done for us.

As for three Spirits indwelling the believer rather than one, Jesus said that whoever had seen Him had seen the Father. In other words, it's absurd to demand to see the Father when Jesus is standing right in front of you.

Indeed, because he is the express image of God , the replica of God in character , purpose and will, but not and never in essence.

Jesus came to reveal to us the one and true God, his nature , his will and his purpose throughout the ages. He did not come to reveal that he is God.

Also He said that the Spirit of Truth would be with us forever and said that He Himself too would be with us always even to the end of the age. In other words, the Presence of the Holy Spirit = the Presence of Jesus Himself = the Presence of the Father Himself. If anyone has the Spirit of Christ, He has Christ Himself and the Father as well. This is because while Each is a Separate Person, They are all essentially One. Like I have said elsewhere, Their Unity is so absolute that even while One "alone" might be doing or saying or being something, the Others share His experience vitally as if it were Their Very Own Actions, Words and States/Conditions.

But God is a Spirit , no ? And the Holy Spirit is a Spirit and also Christ is referred to as a Spirit , which one of these Spirit's dwell with us.

Let me help you, God's Spirit dwells within each and everyone of his children through Christ Jesus, this is the presense of the Father and the Son in our lives.

Anyone who denies this and makes an individual of the Holy Spirit is unknowingly turning this simple issue into a debacle that only the antichrist will be proud of.

Again, if you feel confused, you need not express it.

I am as confident and sure as one can be when working with the facts.

It is my intention to destroy this antichrist doctrine on this forum, not for the benefit of 'already made up minds ' but for those who are being deceived, bullied, cajoled and threatened to accept such a nonsense and gibberish thing as the Trinity.
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 02, 2012
plappville: Deuteronomy 18:18 I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers; I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him.

Who is the commander? and who is to carrying out the command? TWO INVOLVE HERE NON?

When the Pharisee who had invited him saw this, he said to himself, "If this man were a prophet, he would know who is touching him and what kind of woman she is--that she is a sinner."

They believed Him as a prophet!

Matthew 21:11 The crowds answered, "This is Jesus, the prophet from Nazareth in Galilee."

Couldn't they have called him God instead?

Luke 7:16 They were all filled with awe and praised God. "A great prophet has appeared among us," they said. "God has come to help his people."

Why do we now change it?

John 4:19 "Sir," the woman said, "I can see that you are a prophet.

The woman didn't know Him so well?

Lady, did anyone tell you that Jesus is or was not human?
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Boomark(m): 10:42am On Oct 02, 2012
Ihedinobi, read the bible Quotes
above from frosbel in page 1 -John
5:19-22. I know you wouldn't
want to. But it will give you a
clue as to what the Son does and
what He says. So that when you
read something like 'I and my
Father are one' or 'I am the alpha
and the omega' you will not get
confused.
Ok. Jesus is God. How does it
make Him greater or equal with
the Father?(don't use the wrong
assumption made by the
phareseas who Christ said don't
know the scripture to prove it)
How does it support trinity?

This is the question i asked before. Leave Enigma and others alone with your confusion and learn. We are already getting some where.
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by plappville(f): 11:01am On Oct 02, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Lady, did anyone tell you that Jesus is or was not human?

If you claim God is 3 in one, and you agreed that Jesus is/was human, then how can he be human and God?

God/Yahweh is not Human as i know.
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 02, 2012
@frosbel

lol... Is anyone holding you at gunpoint to believe in the Trinity? If it is your salvation you fear for, did any so-called Trinitarian threaten to strip you of it? Come to think of it, does any Trinitarian have the power to give or take salvation from anybody? What then is your fear? Or are you at risk from bodily harm for rejecting the Christ of the Bible? You make me laugh, frosbel.

Anyway, I'm sure that by now you have lost all sensitivity to the fact but I'll state it no less: the teachings that essentially reject the Deity of Christ Jesus are rooted in jealousy of Him. They are conceived of a spirit that demands equality with God.

All doctrines that strip Jesus of His Deity say that their adherents demand that they be God as well, in which case they ask "what's so special about Jesus? No one's any different really". Obviously, Christianity says that Jesus is special in that He is God come to reconcile man back to Himself. We can never be Jesus in that sense. And no true Christian cares to be Jesus in that sense because all of us know that we do not have what He has by Nature to do what He did. The limits of our ability are to lay down our life for our friends, His Own Love has no limits: He lays down His Life for His enemies to make family out of them.

Every doctrine that denies Jesus's Humanity, on the other hand, demands that God be too remote to really care about human beings. They make nonsense of the Sacrifice of the Cross, in other words, making God a liar. These doctrines are actually twins with the doctrines that reject the Deity of Christ, because their holders want Jesus to be either too special that He does not truly enter the human condition or too ordinary so that they don't feel cheated.

As it is, the Christian is not jealous of the Lord Christ. In fact, he is eternally grateful that it was God Who condescended to enter his experience to help him. He is comfortable also with Jesus's Humanity because it gives him rest about his weakness and failure. He knows that the God Who judges him is also a Man Who can sympathize with him in his oft-times bewildering journey. In other words, he is confident of his Faith because it lays hold upon the unchanging God and at rest concerning his weakness because his Judge is a Man too.

Frosbel, I pity you more than I can express. You claim that it takes humility to reject the Trinity, obviously missing the glaring pride in the statement that belies the claim, which statement you also made to the effect that God must be totally conceivable to man's intellect. You are moving in reverse direction at very high speed. But what can anyone do? Some errors can be corrected. Some arguments are made in a spirit desirous of teaching. But then there are errors that attack the very source of correction, errors that attack the character of Truth Itself. What can one do with those? I pity you, friend. I really do.
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 02, 2012
plappville:

If you claim God is 3 in one, and you agreed that Jesus is/was human, then how can he be human and God?

God/Yahweh is not Human as i know.

Poor you. Smh in sorrow.

If you care, see my response to Frosbel.

Boomark: Ihedinobi, read the bible Quotes
above from frosbel in page 1 -John
5:19-22. I know you wouldn't
want to. But it will give you a
clue as to what the Son does and
what He says. So that when you
read something like 'I and my
Father are one' or 'I am the alpha
and the omega' you will not get
confused.
Ok. Jesus is God. How does it
make Him greater or equal with
the Father?(don't use the wrong
assumption made by the
phareseas who Christ said don't
know the scripture to prove it)
How does it support trinity?

This is the question i asked before. Leave Enigma and others alone with your confusion and learn. We are already getting some where.

Are "we" really? You really think "we", by which I think you include me with you guys, are getting anywhere? That's very puzzling.

I'll tell you the grandest statement about the Trinity in the Bible: HEAR O ISRAEL, THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD. Now that statement declares that there is only truly one God (or "one true God", if you prefer, thus rendering all other gods false). If this is so, you realize that making Jesus a God apart from Yahweh is making Him a false God. Either He is God or He is not. If He is God, the Trinity is justified. If He is not, the Trinity is a lie. It cannot be midway.

You do get my point, right?
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by vedaxcool(m): 11:32am On Oct 02, 2012
You know all this argument would have been solved had it been you guys accepted the Qur'an, the word of God.
Re: Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 02, 2012
vedaxcool: You know all this argument would have been solved had it been you guys accepted the Qur'an, the word of God.

Yeah, we would all eat better too and go to good schools if the street beggar were our dad. I get it. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Are Women Preachers Allowed In The Church? / Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God / Where Can I Get "Alone With God" By Bishop Francis Wale Oke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 174
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.