Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,713 members, 7,805,946 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

d - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / d (7458 Views)

Photos Of Ayedire Local Government Secretariat In State Of Osun / Thugs Block Roads Leading To Ekiti / Bomb Explosion Destroys Ohanaeze Secretariat In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

d by Umartins1(m): 11:47am On Sep 27, 2012
D
Re: d by Umartins1(m): 11:59am On Sep 27, 2012
Here we are:
Re: d by Umartins1(m): 12:17pm On Sep 27, 2012
Re: d by Umartins1(m): 12:40pm On Sep 27, 2012
Re: d by Umartins1(m): 1:02pm On Sep 27, 2012
Re: d by nduchucks: 1:12pm On Sep 27, 2012
This is nothing but an eyesore. Reminds me of mafoluku area in lagos a few years back. Its a disgrace whichever way it is sliced. embarassed
Re: d by SkyBlue1: 1:12pm On Sep 27, 2012
The most pressing issue in Osun state right now is the creation of more LGAs, when will you get your priorities straight? Stop disturbing Aregbe with these pictures, he will consider looking at that area when he gets back from Lagos. You might be lucky and he might even decide to rename the secretariat 'Local Government of Isokan Secretariat' as opposed to the current 'Isokan Local Government Secretariat'. Don't be silly, there is a huge difference, what are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: d by nduchucks: 1:22pm On Sep 27, 2012
Sky Blue: The most pressing issue in Osun state right now is the creation of more LGAs, when will you get your priorities straight? Stop disturbing Aregbe with these pictures, he will consider looking at that area when he gets back from Lagos. You might be lucky and he might even decide to rename the secretariat 'Local Government of Isokan Secretariat' as opposed to the current 'Isokan Local Government Secretariat'. Don't be silly, there is a huge difference, what are you talking about?

Must you make me spill my Pito? cheesy
Re: d by Umartins1(m): 1:30pm On Sep 27, 2012
Can you believe that the Governor visited the Town some weeks ago?
Re: d by easy(m): 2:07pm On Sep 27, 2012
From the look of the things, construction work is on-going or what?
Re: d by Geomac: 2:38pm On Sep 27, 2012
easy: From the look of the things, construction work is on-going or what?
That is the same way i look at it.
Re: d by Umartins1(m): 2:43pm On Sep 27, 2012
Thats the state of the road since June of this year. This road leads to the Local Government Secretariat.
The road is also the major road that links the town with another Local Government (Ayedaade Local Government).
Re: d by EkoAtlantic: 3:40pm On Sep 27, 2012
Joblesness in the highest order for the OP to have posted so many pictures of one single road grin

But I think that road is under construction from it's look, the drainages look new. I don't also think any road can be constructed during the raining season.
Mr. OP, since you said it has been like that since June, all these are raining season. May be you come up with new pictures of that road next raining season to prove your point.
Re: d by Afam4eva(m): 3:43pm On Sep 27, 2012
That road looks like an abandoned project to me. if they're not ready to fix it, they should respect themselves and remove the sand from the road so that people can manage it the way it is.
Re: d by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 27, 2012
afam4eva: That road looks like an abandoned project to me. if they're not ready to fix it, they should respect themselves and remove the sand from the road so that people can manage it the way it is.

lol
Re: d by SkyBlue1: 4:08pm On Sep 27, 2012
afam4eva: That road looks like an abandoned project to me. if they're not ready to fix it, they should respect themselves and remove the sand from the road so that people can manage it the way it is.

It looks like the poster child for abandoned projects. But what really got me the most was this:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/834311_Mars_pix0526_jpg2d0268ef7af807bb53e84cb2c7280d0a

"Motto: Dignity is Pride" (I assume). LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Well (dying of laughter) . . judging from the environment around the place, he obviously doesn't think much of those children's dignity. Oh my gosh - too freaaking funny, almost peed my pants.
Re: d by RickyRoss1(m): 4:33pm On Sep 27, 2012
Eko Atlantic: Joblesness in the highest order for the OP to have posted so many pictures of one single road grin

But I think that road is under construction from it's look, the drainages look new. I don't also think any road can be constructed during the raining season.
Mr. OP, since you said it has been like that since June, all these are raining season. May be you come up with new pictures of that road next raining season to prove your point.

I think you have a point as well.
I just returned from my state Imo and I visited 25 road contraction sites in my LGA and other LGA's in Imo, i have not posted the state of the roads bc everyone says the contractors abandoned the contracts bc of the rainy season. So I will wait till 5 months time before I will make a sound decision.

The pics the OP posted shows the road is under construction, we are still in rainy season so no need to get angry till the dry season steps in and nothing is done about the road. Mind you, it is always good to bring things like this to nairaland or any other popular blog/forum, it works like magic bc so many of the state governors do spend good time online reading our posts. I am talking from experience
Re: d by PROUDIGBO(m): 4:41pm On Sep 27, 2012
Looks like a BMX bicycle assault course to me.....is this why Beaf calls him Aregbe-rascal undecided?
Re: d by Okijajuju1(m): 4:48pm On Sep 27, 2012
I was going to tribally de-base Osun state and take a piss all over the freaking state as I was looking at those pictures, however, something struck me in those pictures, THE DRAINAGE!! & THE HEAPS OF SAND!! What that proves is that the road is a work in progress probably delayed by either the none payment of the contractors or the rains (judging by the pool of water on the road...) Looking at the drainage (gutter), you can see that it is fresh concrete.. What is however disturbing to me is the length of the construction.. It loks like a patch work. I wonder how much that will cost the people of Osun state!!

Show me this road during dry season, and if it still the same, I will have a bladder full of piss ready and waiting for Aregbesola and Osun State.. grin

P.S Fuel is still 65 Naira per litre in Osun... thumbs up for Aregbesola!! grin
Re: d by supoade: 5:01pm On Sep 27, 2012
in the pix ..Petrol for N65/Litre. that should be last year 2011. can we have most recent pix this same place pls. ?
Re: d by SkyBlue1: 5:09pm On Sep 27, 2012
Nigerians are a VERY funny set of people. We can be so understanding, we really need some kind of medal each. Why have they been delaying maintainance work sef on third mainland bridge, I don't know why government can't just take a que, listen to the heartbeat of the people, dig up the road and wait till end of rainy season to do anywork. Nigerians will understand, we are a very understanding people. Sure the road will be impassible for a good number of months except for bicyles, motorbikes and naked children rolling tyre round the obstalce course, but at least there would be a good excuse: "It is rainy season" smiley

We can create a world first economy. Infrastructure is chit for about six months of the year and under construction in the other six. But hey - at least there would be drainage smiley
Re: d by Umartins1(m): 5:36pm On Sep 27, 2012
The petrol station in the pix is an abandoned one. It stopped working some months ago if not even last year.

Concerning the new drainage. They are new. Yes! But Aregbe Rascal came on radio that he has paid for the construction of the road. Anyone that lives in Osun will bear me witness that one of the top politicians in the local government thanked the governor for rehabilitating the road on a Radio programme tagged 'OGBENI TILL DAWN ON OSBC'. This is the road he thanked the governor for.
What I can guess here is that; the drainage was constructed instead of the road.

On the issue of being in the rainy season. My God! Is that an excuse? Since June? How many days will it take to renovate the road that leads to the Local Government Headquarters?

No motor can pass on the road. The only automobile that can pass through, is bike, where the bike man will be ready to swim through pool of water.

My ppl! This is a total failure! Lets forget about Party loyalty, ACN is a total FLOP!
Re: d by Okijajuju1(m): 5:38pm On Sep 27, 2012
Umartins1: The petrol station in the pix is an abandoned one. It stopped working some months ago if not even last year.

Concerning the new drainage. They are new. Yes! But Aregbe Rascal came on radio that he has paid for the construction of the road. Anyone that lives in Osun will bear me witness that one of the top politicians in the local government thanked the governor for rehabilitating the road on a Radio programme tagged 'OGBENI TILL DAWN ON OSBC'. This is the road he thanked the governor for.
What I can guess here is that; the drainage was constructed instead of the road.

On the issue of being in the rainy season. My God! Is that an excuse? Since June? How many days will it take to renovate the road that leads to the Local Government Headquarters?

No motor can pass on the road. The only automobile that can pass through, is bike, where the bike man will be ready to swim through pool of water.

My ppl! This is a total failure! Lets forget about Party loyalty, ACN is a total FLOP!

Last time I checked, June is still rainy season!! In december, come back and show us this road!! Until then, this case is adjourned!! COURT!!!..
Re: d by Umartins1(m): 5:48pm On Sep 27, 2012
Okija_juju:

Last time I checked, June is still rainy season!! In december, come back and show us this road!! Until then, this case is adjourned!! COURT!!!..
my bro, this aint an excuse. Do you know that Aregbe decleared himself a 'Lagosian'? Rhetorically, it means he is less concerned about the people of Osun. If you think I'm lying, wait for my next post.
Re: d by EkoAtlantic: 5:50pm On Sep 27, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

I think you have a point as well.
I just returned from my state Imo and I visited 25 road contraction sites in my LGA and other LGA's in Imo, i have not posted the state of the roads bc everyone says the contractors abandoned the contracts bc of the rainy season. So I will wait till 5 months time before I will make a sound decision.

The pics the OP posted shows the road is under construction, we are still in rainy season so no need to get angry till the dry season steps in and nothing is done about the road. Mind you, it is always good to bring things like this to nairaland or any other popular blog/forum, it works like magic bc so many of the state governors do spend good time online reading our posts. I am talking from experience

Exactly, op should calm down, and after the next rainy season he should crucify the governor of that state by posting pictures of this same road here on Nairaland
Re: d by SkyBlue1: 5:58pm On Sep 27, 2012
Okija_juju:

I'm sorry but that is THE DUMBEST excuse I have EVER heard. Are you freaking kidding me? So why freaking dig up the road if you are not going to touch it till after the rains? O gosh, have we been that traumatised by bad governance that we think THIS is acceptable? It is not called rainy season it is called BAD PROJECT MANAGEMENT, and that is part of BAD governance. What dumb double standard is this? If this is not going to be acceptable in other climes we call developed, then it shouldn't be acceptable here. I am terribly disappointed to be honest at some of the comments. Shocking!!

Somebody digs up a road and makes it impassible for months on end while NO WORK is being done on it, and we call it "rainy season". Utterly ridiculous! Imagine if you lived on that street and your car had to go through that crap everyday, would you be so understanding? Ugh, we deserve what we get in Nigeria.
Re: d by Umartins1(m): 6:02pm On Sep 27, 2012
In an interview,

QUESTION: You are running a government in Osun and at the same time having an eye on Lagos State. Your opponents are asking why can’t you devote your attention to Osun?

GOVERNOR AREGBESOLA: I can never leave Lagos and Lagos can never leave me. I am in Osun now, who are the people you see here? Lagos people! Let us not deceive ourselves and do not allow misdirected and irrational people to deceive all of us, because nature is not artificial, it is natural; it cannot be manipulated. Therefore; how can a man operate in a state for close to 30 years and just because he has been here since November 26, 2010 he will have nothing to do with that area. Is it naturally possible? Is it possible for a man to live in a place for 30years, and then relocate to a place for just about 10 months and severe all relationships with where he had stayed for 30 years? It does not follow logic. Those who are peddling this think if they continue it, it would attract some sympathy for them, here again they have failed. Our people are reasonable; they understand the fact of life. If my 30 years seem far-fetched, let us look at what is obvious, I came into public limelight in Lagos with my appointment as Commissioner for Works in 1999, one thing that cannot be mistaken is that you cannot attain that height in any political setting without sufficient network at the grassroots; which means I must have had grassroots network before I emerged as a commissioner. Let us just put that at 5 years of work, and 12 years of service; that is 17 years of serious political work, where will the people in my network go?

QUESTION: But where does that leave the people of Osun State that you govern? Are they not being short-changed?

GOVERNOR AREGBESOLA: Are they complaining? Does it in any way affect our operation in the state? It would be an issue if the presence of visiting Lagos people here affects my effectiveness as a governor, honestly it might be an issue. But the truth is that the state had not had it this good in recent past. I work 18 hours in a day. The last government closed from office 12noon every day. So,how can you compare us? I have organised myself so well that as I am large in Lagos, I am larger in Osun. Something has proved it beyond reasonable doubt, I have Alimosho in Lagos, we won, the opposition had no answer to us; and when we went for the rally, our strength again was shown by the turnout, and when I spoke there, the whole world knew that there was somebody here. To further demonstrate that Alimosho was not a fluke, we won all the seats contested in Osun State. We give the glory to God. President Jonathan won everywhere, but when he got here, he met a brick wall. We gave Nuhu Ribadu the state.

QUESTION: Is it your long association with Lagos that has made you introduce a seemingly strange model of government to the state, a model where the Chief of Staff has more powers than the SSG, a model whereby you as the governor also holds on to the Works portfolio?

GOVERNOR AREGBESOLA: Let me tell you, we make some mistakes because of our attachment to convention and I want to beg you, you will help us and your generation by always attempting to go into the etymology of everything, don’t just take it as they present themselves. Go to the root, we introduced the office of chief of staff in the entire country and we understood what that office is. Go to Wikipediea, chief of staff is almost the governor, he controls the office of the governor; you cannot have chief of staff and have any other operation outside what we have given out there, but because those who copy this thing didn’t know anything, they didn’t seek knowledge, they just operated blindly. We are operating government as it should be, it has nothing to do with individual, it is simply a question of how government must be. Don’t believe me, search for knowledge. There is nothing Lagos about it, it is about if you are executive, what is the format, the chief of staff takes responsibility for the governor, in fact for the governorate including the deputy governor. We understood what we wanted for our administration and we structured it the way we want and it’s giving us the result that we want and you will see the impact. Our governance will totally be unconventional. Let me tell you one that has not even happened in Lagos, we created a Bureau of Communication and Strategy; no government has ever had anything like that. The best that was had was a Chief Press Secretary.

https://www.nairaland.com/774228/aregbesola-never-leave-lagos-lagos
http://www.osundefender.org/?p=20016
Re: d by dayokanu(m): 6:09pm On Sep 27, 2012
Umartins1: The petrol station in the pix is an abandoned one. It stopped working some months ago if not even last year.

if you have your own personal agenda state it clearly.

But even a blind man can see that work is on going on the road. The drainage are new and you self alluded to that.

How many road projects get done when the whole place is flooding? The reasonable thing was to do the drainage and wait till the rain reduces.

The people thanking Ogbeni probably saw improvement or on going work. maybe they witnessed the drainage being constructed recently, maybe they witnessed truck load of sand being deposited lately. So they know that work is going on

You said Since June. Everyone in Nigeria knows Rainy season is between April and November. If by this time next yr nothing is still being done then your cries would be justified
Re: d by dayokanu(m): 6:13pm On Sep 27, 2012
Umartins1:
my bro, this aint an excuse. Do you know that Aregbe decleared himself a 'Lagosian'? Rhetorically, it means he is less concerned about the people of Osun. If you think I'm lying, wait for my next post.

Aregbesola was a Commisioner in Lagos and spent several years of his career in Lagos. So you mean he should deny the Lagos part of him just because he is in Politics?

And Tell us where Aregbesola said he is less concerned about the people of Osun.
Re: d by Umartins1(m): 6:20pm On Sep 27, 2012
dayokanu:

But even a blind man can see that work is on going on the road. The drainage are new and you self alluded to that.

How many road projects get done when the whole place is flooding? The reasonable thing was to do the drainage and wait till the rain reduces.

The people thanking Ogbeni probably saw improvement or on going work. maybe they witnessed the drainage being constructed recently, maybe they witnessed truck load of sand being deposited lately. So they know that work is going on

You said Since June. Everyone in Nigeria knows Rainy season is between April and November. If by this time next yr nothing is still being done then your cries would be justified

why are you so dumb? I'm sorry for the word I used but it truly shows who you are. I said the sand has been deposited there since June. And at the inception, there wasn't any flood. The flood even developed some weeks ago. What do you think had the road been done since June? Will there be flood? And for your info, the drainage was not constructed yesterday it had been there for few months now. The persistent rain falling on it seem to be washing the dirt on the surface away and this makes it to appear 'new'.

The state of the road is not really my problem. But which route are the Local Goverment administrators making use while going to office? And where did Aregbe Rascal passed when he visited the town early this month?

1 Like

Re: d by nduchucks: 6:21pm On Sep 27, 2012
To those who are waiting for dry season before reaching the conclusion that this is an abandoned project, una go wait tire. It is quite obvious that many of you do not know anything about road construction.

When you pour 15 tipper loads of gravel/sand/earth on a road, you do it in conjunction with a construction vehicle which will spread the gravel/sand arround as soon as each tipper os offloaded. You don't bring tipper loads of sand, pour them, and leave the sand to stand for months forming the eyesore in the photographs. Now it will cost more to spread the sand because you will need an excavator to dig the darn thing up before you can do any further work.

This is a disgrace to everyone involved in this project.
Re: d by PaulJohn1: 6:24pm On Sep 27, 2012
dayokanu:

Thanks DayoKano. I don't know the OP's obsession with ACN or Aregbe. From those explanations some reasoning people have given earlier on this thread, I think the OP should have understand better. He definately has an hidden agender that he's not letting out. undecided

I'm presently in Oshogbo and it's not the way this OP is painting Aregbe. No matter your field of specialiZation, a right thinking person should know that it is not reasonable to tare roads in raining season. Had it been there wasn't drainages at the sides of the road, it would have been possible to fault the governor.
Also OP, that your local government or town is even one of list of the thick local areas and construction reaches the place, you should applaud the governor for this. Some state governors only concentrate on the state capital and may be one more city to develop in the state.
Okija_juju:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Many Injured As Thugs Clash In Lagos / Photos: The Slumming Of Asaba- Delta State / Why I Was Confident Buhari’ll Win – Sokoto Campaign DG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.