Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise (24603 Views)

Nigerians Nd Their "A Woman Who Cant Cook Wont Make A Good Wife" Mentality / Check Out This Romantic Picture Of A Caring Boyfriend / Beautiful,caring And Intelligent But Can't Cook--please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by skup008(m): 12:26pm On Sep 27, 2012
Its less than a year that i met this lovely gal,she is very beautiful,caring,very religious and we love each other so much.

she is actually the first lady i will ever love with my whole heart as i always dream of keeping her as a wife. But the problem am having with her is that she can't cook,she can't prepare any meal at all and she's also very lazy when it comes to domestic works and any time i raise the issue, she always react as if she never care to learn how to do them,at times she tell that i shouldn't worry that she will change and learn how to cook very soon,that is when she notice am very serious or not happy about the issue.

I now want Nairalanders to advise me on what to do that can force her to learn how to cook and do other domestic works...

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by k2039: 12:36pm On Sep 27, 2012
skup008: she always react as if she never care to learn how to do them,at times she tell that i shouldn't worry that she will change and learn how to cook very soon,that is when she notice am very serious or not happy about the issue.

[size=20pt] You cant force her to change,it is either you live with that for the rest of your life or you pull out of the relationship.
You can always employ a housemaid to do the chores and cooking.

My 2 Cent.
You cant change her,except she decides to change herself,its either you embrace her and her shortcomings or you pull out of the relationship.
If you expect her to change on your terms,I can assure you,you will be left dissapointed for the rest of your life [/size]

12 Likes

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by skup008(m): 12:56pm On Sep 27, 2012
k2039: You cant force her to change,it is either you live with that for the rest of your life or you pull out of the relationship.
You can always employ a housemaid to do the chores and cooking.

My 2 Cent.
You cant change her,except she decides to change herself,its either you embrace her and her shortcomings or you pull out of the relationship.
If you expect her to change on your terms,I can assure you,you will be left dissapointed for the rest of your life

Hmmmmmmm....your reasonable advise is highly appreciated..thanks
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by AzaMontana(f): 12:57pm On Sep 27, 2012
get househelp dude
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by MrsChima(f): 12:58pm On Sep 27, 2012
skup008: Its less than a year that i met this luvly gal,she very beautiful,caring,very religious and we love each other so much,she is actually the first lady i will ever love with my whole heart as i always dream of keeping her as a wife. But the problem am having with her is that she can't cook,she can't prepare any meal at all and she's also very lazy when it comes to domestic works and any time i raise the issue, she always react as if she never care to learn how to do them,at times she tell that i shouldn't worry that she will change and learn how to cook very soon,that is when she notice am very serious or not happy about the issue.
I now want nairalanders to advise me on what to do that can force her to learn how to cook and do other domestic works...Thanks

Can YOU cook? How hard is it to boil water for rice??!!!!!
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by MrsChima(f): 1:02pm On Sep 27, 2012
Wait a minute.....you met this woman less than a year and already beford marriage you guys ate sharkng a house
Na wa oo!

1 Like

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Rocktation(f): 1:04pm On Sep 27, 2012
Naija men...just when they say they want independent modernists as wives, they ask for house helps in the same breath. grin

8 Likes

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by skup008(m): 1:06pm On Sep 27, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Can YOU cook? How hard is it to boil water for rice??!!!!!

Yea...am very good @ that....and what are you trying to say?

4 Likes

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by MrsChima(f): 1:07pm On Sep 27, 2012
Rocktation: Naija men...just when they say they want independent modernists as wives, they ask for house helps in the same breath. grin

Exactly!!!
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Rocktation(f): 1:14pm On Sep 27, 2012
They're simply impossible!

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Nobody: 1:20pm On Sep 27, 2012
at least she can cook Indomie and spaghetti undecided

1 Like

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 27, 2012
1. Teach her how to cook, or

2. Pay for someone to teach her how to cook.

3. Read 1 and 2 again. . .

18 Likes

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by kemmyangel(f): 1:31pm On Sep 27, 2012
If she cant cook, nd you love her....please do the cooking for her oooo.....anytime you are in the kitchen, just invite her playfully, with time she will get use to it, nd if she is not...get a house made to do that for you.....afterall, God created man to be an help mate to woman...lol..........

3 Likes

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by dazz661(f): 1:35pm On Sep 27, 2012
If she really loves Ʊ, she'll be willing to learn how to cook & do all other domestic chores.... 9ce one sexkillz

6 Likes

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by omega25red(m): 1:35pm On Sep 27, 2012
poster

since you are a good cook you can teach her. This would seriously improve your relationship.

if she is lazy with house chores, that is something you should watchout for. You can't spend your life with a woman that is a slob. This makes me wonder the type of home she lives in. Does she clean her home? and how does she survive? does she eat out morning afternoon and night?

also what the heck is the attitude of "just hire a maid"?

9 Likes

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by MrsChima(f): 1:45pm On Sep 27, 2012
dazz661: If she really loves Ʊ, she'll be willing to learn how to cook & do all other domestic chores.... 9ce one sexkillz

Love is not going to help a person who doesnt know a skill...know them. Love didnt teach my husband how to fly a kite and yes i taught him and he cant fly the kite to save his life!!

1 Like

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by DExplorer1: 2:06pm On Sep 27, 2012
Buy her a cooking manual. She should place it beside the pot while cooking. First 3meals might just be awful but trust me, you will enjoy the fourth grin

3 Likes

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 27, 2012
lipsrsealed
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by DExplorer1: 2:18pm On Sep 27, 2012
lipsrsealed
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 27, 2012
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by DExplorer1: 2:25pm On Sep 27, 2012
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 27, 2012
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 27, 2012
joeydozzy: at least she can cook Indomie and spaghetti undecided
she should go back to her mother and learn how to cook! Which kind thing be dat? Abi na love you go chop? A grown up girl like that can't cook? Only spagetti and indomie! Na wetin you go dey chop for the rest of your life? Please send her home let her learn joor!

11 Likes

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by DExplorer1: 2:35pm On Sep 27, 2012
AmBeautiful: lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by gunners160(m): 2:36pm On Sep 27, 2012
dnt listen 2 anybody dat advise u 2 get a housemaid.even them theirselves wont do such nonsense.tel her dat she MUST learn hw 2 COOk b4 u wuld marry her.By so doin she wuld know dat it is either i learn hw 2 COOK OR SHE WULD LOSE U.TAKE HER 2 D KITCHEN TEL HER PUT D WATER IN D FIRE ADD MAGGIC SALT ETC.REMENBER 1DAY UR FAMILY MEMBERS WULD VISIT U O O

9 Likes

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 27, 2012

7 Likes

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by dammytex: 3:12pm On Sep 27, 2012
Well, the greater part of the decision depends on you. What exactly can you cope with?

As for me;
You said she's loving and caring but she lacks domestic responsibilities.
If she's not a great cook, I can manage but house chores again; not interested. With the nature of my job, I really need a woman in the house that can administer proper care, cleaning and upbringing for our kids. If she can't clean her own room and house, what will Junior do? Charity begins at home. I want the best for my kids and being independent is inclusive. If my Junior can not learn to take care of the home while growing up, what kind of father and husband will he grow up to be?

So, I'm looking at a bigger picture here.

But Marriage is also about helping your soul mates. If you truly want the marriage to work, you'd have to HELP her too. Let her know being lazy is NOT an option if she wants you too. If she's truly caring, then she'd want your happiness. So, take advantage of times spent with her to clean your house, do the dishes, do some cooking while listening to music and flirting-along during the process. At least she must be willing to spend time with you if she's TRULY caring ooo.

And how come a Nigerian girl cannot cook and take care of the house at the same time? Even if na Dangote be her papa..?

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by goofie: 3:23pm On Sep 27, 2012
poster if u cant cope with it, dont think it will change in marriage. its likely to even get worse.marriage magnifies faults.

u guys shld solve it now since its obviously an issue 4 u.

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Comsciseye(m): 4:13pm On Sep 27, 2012
One mans food is anothers poison.I don't care how delicious her food is but as long as she is trying to improve her cooking,I will love her more.a dietician will tell you:what counts is not the pleasant taste of the food but the nutritional value. My profile: www.sforeverconsult.com
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by obowunmi(m): 4:47pm On Sep 27, 2012
@OP: are you paralyzed and handicapped?

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by MrsChima(f): 4:55pm On Sep 27, 2012
Not everybody know how to cook or clean. It has nothing to with etnicity or family structure. Maybe her parents taught her how but she can seems to master it. Itis not the end of tbe world. I am sure she can cook basic things but he wants her to be a chef and she is not one.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by vivianc(f): 4:55pm On Sep 27, 2012
Being an independent woman doesn't automatically make you a man! And it really pains me when women blame their inability to be a real woman on "independence!" A woman should be a woman anytime any day! Being independent is just an added advantage!

@ op, I'm gonna be as blunt as possible...... The worst thing that can ever happen to a man is to marry a woman who can't cook or keep a house together! A woman is supposed to be a home maker! Forget this love matter.......na u go tire by the time it starts frustrating you! This is not yankee or Jand! This is Africa for goodness sake! Here in Naija, men come home from their hectic jobs to a delicious home made meal prepared by their lovely wives, not order for chinese food joor! Don't even think of house helps cos its gonna get worse, and the lineage passes over to ur kids (girls) cos a snake begets a snake! If she can learn fine, in fact if she truly loves you and she know what marriage is all about she shouldn't wait for you to say something before she starts making an effort! But if she doesn't want to make an effort pls drop her like she is hot!

In fact, she is even missing a lot! Oh yes! She is missing that innermost joy that every woman feels when the man she love eats her food and almost chop the plate join cos he enjoys her meal!

61 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Fiancée And My Best Friend / "Man In Vegetative State Weds His Old Lover" (Photos) / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.