Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? (2801 Views)

What If The Bible Is A Lie? / When "I Don't Know" Is The Best Possible Answer / Who Do You Know Is God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by styca(m): 1:59pm On Sep 27, 2012
Hello people this is just to get you thinking:
What if you wake one fine morning and it dawn on you that you have been lied to, that everything you know,every belief you hold dear is all lies,
what do you do?
How will you cope with this realization?
will you ever forgive those that lied to you, that made you believe those lies all these while?
what will be your out look to life?
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by MacDaddy01: 4:21pm On Sep 27, 2012
styca: Hello people this is just to get you thinking:
What if you wake one fine morning and it dawn on you that you have been lied to, that everything you know,every belief you hold dear is all lies,
what do you do?
How will you cope with this realization?
will you ever forgive those that lied to you, that made you believe those lies all these while?
what will be your out look to life?

Many atheists have passed through this.

You just move on with the facts and try to explain to people your new-found thinking
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by OmoAlata(f): 4:23pm On Sep 27, 2012
styca:

If the 'lies' kept me out of trouble ......... what harm did it do? wink

1 Like

Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by MacDaddy01: 4:24pm On Sep 27, 2012
Omo Alata:

It will send you to bigger trouble in the future.
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Sep 27, 2012
MacDaddy01:

How?
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by Rossikk(m): 1:24am On Sep 28, 2012
Omo Alata:

The lies may have kept YOU ''out of trouble'', but billions of others have suffered due to them.
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by OmoAlata(f): 7:13am On Sep 28, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Yes. How?
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by MacDaddy01: 7:26am On Sep 28, 2012
Reyginus: How?

Keep telling your children that homosexuals are evil. I laughed at one Nigerian who was fired from his job in london for being a homophobe and intolerant to gays in the workplace. He has no way to take care of his family.

Apparently, the man was raised as a christian in Nigeria, he was enjoying his homophobia and anti-gay stance when he was young. It came back to bite him in the azz when he was a fully grown man.

Another example is evolution. Keep lying to children that god created the world. When they grow up and are working for organisations that deal with science or drugs or human life and they start making anti-evolution comments only to be ridiculed and maybe fired for ignorance, you peeps will learn
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by MacDaddy01: 7:27am On Sep 28, 2012
Omo Alata:

Yes. How?

MacDaddy01:

Keep telling your children that homosexuals are evil. I laughed at one Nigerian who was fired from his job in london for being a homophobe and intolerant to gays in the workplace. He has no way to take care of his family.

Apparently, the man was raised as a christian in Nigeria, he was enjoying his homophobia and anti-gay stance when he was young. It came back to bite him in the azz when he was a fully grown man.

Another example is evolution. Keep lying to children that god created the world. When they grow up and are working for organisations that deal with science or drugs or human life and they start making anti-evolution comments only to be ridiculed and maybe fired for ignorance, you peeps will learn
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by MacDaddy01: 7:29am On Sep 28, 2012
Omo Alata:

That it is right to beat children? Spare the rod and spoil the child?

Then look at Oyedepo slaps.
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by ghazzal: 8:21am On Sep 28, 2012
MacDaddy01:

what if God really is the "First Cause" responsible for "singularity", What is there actually is a Supernatural Master Architect, what if there actually is One responsible for the begining of the Universe. What if all the above is very true and our knowledge is just not enough to comprehend it all? What if there is truely just 1 life that will end in Hell or Heaven, .........
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by MacDaddy01: 8:24am On Sep 28, 2012
ghazzal:
what if God really is the "First Cause" responsible for "singularity", What is there actually is a Supernatural Master Architect, what if there actually is One responsible for the begining of the Universe. What if all the above is very true and our knowledge is just not enough to comprehend it all? What if there is truely just 1 life that will end in Hell or Heaven, .........

Paradox.

How can you know what is beyond your knowledge?

When christians/muslims claim that a god created the earth and can not prove it, they are stating what they can never prove with evidence.
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by ghazzal: 9:29am On Sep 28, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Paradox.

How can you know what is beyond your knowledge?

I expect that this topic implies... "at a future time" which one gets to know. so at that point, its no more beyond ones knowledge.... really, at a time, we all will get to know (what is fact/truth) or do you think we will remain ignorant forever?.... this i think is what the topic refers.
so it is only reasonable to view things from others` point of view before applying LOGIC. its important to apply LOGIC but do you see what i see or you just dont care to see what i see? It is fair that you compare what i see with what you think.... then LOGIC will make sense.
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by MacDaddy01: 9:42am On Sep 28, 2012
ghazzal:
I expect that this topic implies... "at a future time" which one gets to know. so at that point, its no more beyond ones knowledge.... really, at a time, we all will get to know (what is fact/truth) or do you think we will remain ignorant forever?.... this i think is what the topic refers.
so it is only reasonable to view things from others` point of view before applying LOGIC. its important to apply LOGIC but do you see what i see or you just dont care to see what i see? It is fair that you compare what i see with what you think.... then LOGIC will make sense.

Scientific knowledge is moving away from god or gods.

We cant know what is beyond knowledge.
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by ghazzal: 10:35am On Sep 28, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Scientific knowledge is moving away from god or gods.

We cant know what is beyond knowledge.

oh! you think there is something beyond knowledge? like what if i may ask

while you answer that, scientific study is using what you know systematically with principles to increase your knowledge. It is not moving away from God unless you define is as such (personal). in fact, it helps appreciate God more ...(i.e so the earth is floating/spins in space and we are all around it) awe! id say
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by OmoAlata(f): 10:37am On Sep 28, 2012
MacDaddy01:

That it is right to beat children?

Believe it or not, I do not hit my kids but I yell at them which makes them sob (so it's still discipline) undecided
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by ghazzal: 10:56am On Sep 28, 2012
ghazzal:

oh! you think there is something beyond knowledge? like what if i may ask

while you answer that, scientific study is using what you know systematically with principles to increase your knowledge. It is not moving away from God unless you define is as such (personal). in fact, it helps appreciate God more ...(i.e so the earth is floating/spins in space and we are all around it) awe! id say

or do you think the way everything complement themselves around you is just a fluke, it has been like that for years which is a sign of ballance. what keeps this ballance without need for callibration?

the universe/the earth/.....Life is.... simply put "A PERFECT DESIGN" by a PLANNER full of WISDOM.....
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by Jenwitemi(m): 11:26am On Sep 28, 2012
What if that "first cause" isn't the bible god? What then?
ghazzal:
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by ghazzal: 11:40am On Sep 28, 2012
Jenwitemi: What if that "first cause" isn't the bible god? What then?

Thats another Level. Thats what we are here to establish, thats why we have to keep an open mind, thats why we have to search for knowledge to the farthest place. BUT to start with, we need to Establish the High Probability of a beginning being initiated by Something (and maybe for a purpose cos it looks too organised to be without reason)
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by Jenwitemi(m): 11:57am On Sep 28, 2012
Not to religionists aka christians it isn't. They have automatically arrived at the conclusion that Mr Yahweh Jehovah, the demented barbarian on the pages of the OT bible, is the first cause. Blasphemy. Personally, i have no problem accepting that there is an intelligent mind behind the creation. But common sense told me a long time ago that that intelligent mind could never ever have been the bible OT m.o.r.o.n god.
ghazzal:

Thats another Level. Thats what we are here to establish, thats why we have to keep an open mind, thats why we have to search for knowledge to the farthest place. BUT to start with, we need to Establish the High Probability of a beginning being initiated by Something (and maybe for a purpose cos it looks too organised to be without reason)
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by ghazzal: 12:51pm On Sep 28, 2012
Jenwitemi: Not to religionists aka christians it isn't. They have automatically arrived at the conclusion that Mr Yahweh Jehovah, the demented barbarian on the pages of the OT bible, is the first cause. Blasphemy. Personally, i have no problem accepting that there is an intelligent mind behind the creation. But common sense told me a long time ago that that intelligent mind could never ever have been the bible OT m.o.r.o.n god.
So how do you plan to resolve the puzzle of who this "inteligent mind" is or what it looks like, Im sure you will like to ask what is the Motive of the BEAUTIFUL WORK. and i hope it is evident enough that this "inteligent mind" is much wiser/Smarter than science - else we are just discovering what has been billions of years
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by Image123(m): 2:54pm On Sep 28, 2012
what if everything i know is true? how about that possibility?
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by ghazzal: 3:05pm On Sep 28, 2012
Image123: what if everything i know is true? how about that possibility?
its possible. but everything everyone knows cannot be true. some will realise what they know is not true........LEARN AS MUCH AS YOU CAN
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by MacDaddy01: 3:10pm On Sep 28, 2012
Image123: what if everything i know is true? how about that possibility?

Why do you always try to force your christian beliefs to be true?

Change is constant. Things that are true today wont be true tommorow
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by Image123(m): 3:22pm On Sep 28, 2012
ghazzal:
its possible. but everything everyone knows cannot be true. some will realise what they know is not true........LEARN AS MUCH AS YOU CAN
But everything someone knows can be a lie right?
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by Image123(m): 3:23pm On Sep 28, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Why do you always try to force your christian beliefs to be true?

Change is constant. Things that are true today wont be true tommorow
guilty conscience dey worry this one. Who mentioned anything about christian beliefs? preconceived, misconceived, and disconceived.
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by MacDaddy01: 3:38pm On Sep 28, 2012
Image123:
guilty conscience dey worry this one. Who mentioned anything about christian beliefs? preconceived, misconceived, and disconceived.

Nice rhymes in bold! cheesy

Human beings accept that they dont know everything and science improves.

Unfortuantely, it is only religion that claims to be the absolute truth. What other than religion would make you assume that everything you know is true?

My deductions are on point! cool
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by Image123(m): 3:56pm On Sep 28, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Nice rhymes in bold! cheesy

Human beings accept that they dont know everything and science improves.

Unfortuantely, it is only religion that claims to be the absolute truth. What other than religion would make you assume that everything you know is true?

My deductions are on point! cool
Hopefully, your deductions will not lead to your destruction then. cry
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by ghazzal: 3:59pm On Sep 28, 2012
Image123:
But everything someone knows can be a lie right?
YES. "very" YES. so one needs to open the mind, the eyes and the ears (no wonder they are designed in 2s while d mind is abstract "e-mind"...lol). The Key to the TRUTH is LOGIC, then we can talk of faith......... again, to apply LOGIC, you have to LEARN.
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by ghazzal: 4:08pm On Sep 28, 2012
Image123:
Hopefully, your deductions will not lead to your destruction then. cry

Do you think what you know is true?, if you want to learn, learn from the source and not "competitors"

There are websites for christianity by Christians, Islam by muslims Buhism by budhist... , Freethinkers have a site too but we already established there is an "inteligent source".
when christians give information of Islam and Muslims give info of christianity, it is left for the user of the information to verify such information. Ideally, in a world of competition, i wont expect any to say the truth about the other......... this is a sincere thought so verify such info with LOGIC
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by Image123(m): 11:01pm On Sep 28, 2012
ghazzal:
YES. "very" YES. so one needs to open the mind, the eyes and the ears (no wonder they are designed in 2s while d mind is abstract "e-mind"...lol). The Key to the TRUTH is LOGIC, then we can talk of faith......... again, to apply LOGIC, you have to LEARN.
not everything that is true is logical or reasonable. There are, for instance, so many unreasonable and illogical crimes that a true and not fiction or myth.
Re: What If Everything You Know Is A Lie? by Jenwitemi(m): 8:01am On Sep 29, 2012
How to resolve the puzzle? Who says i care about resolving that puzzle? There are much more important puzzles to resolve in this every day life than that.
ghazzal:
So how do you plan to resolve the puzzle of who this "inteligent mind" is or what it looks like, Im sure you will like to ask what is the Motive of the BEAUTIFUL WORK. and i hope it is evident enough that this "inteligent mind" is much wiser/Smarter than science - else we are just discovering what has been billions of years

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top Secrets Your Pastors Are Hiding From You. / Easter: Governor Okowa Tasks Christians On Love, Peaceful Co-existence / The Summary Of Al-fathiah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.