Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments (74647 Views)

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by oscaruk: 11:54am On Nov 10, 2005
I agree with you, miracle is an evidence but salvation messages should not to be left out too.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by kenflavor(m): 1:02pm On Nov 10, 2005
oscaruk:

I agree with you, miracle is an evidence but salvation messages should not to be left out too.

oscaruk, I will advice you to talk of what you are very sure about. There are a lot of books written by Pastor Chris that are all about teachings on salvation alone, likewise there are also hundreds of tapes and CDs where he had emphasized on salvation. Dont ever think or believe all what Pastor Chris does is preaching miracles and healings. May God help you.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by oscaruk: 1:32pm On Nov 10, 2005
Ok... we thank God for him
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by donnie(m): 5:36pm On Nov 21, 2005
Oscaruk,

Do you think that those people you see on TV are there just to shout or to be healed ...We have gone past that level. Mind you, those you see on TV during his teachings in church(not crusades) are mostly soldiers for Jesus shaking the kingdom of darkness in their various locations, and many of those that you see on TV who get healed in special meetings or crusades are members form other churches including those churches whose pastors criticize Pastor Chris and his miracles.

Those who are true members of Christ Embassy have learnt how to use God's Word for themselves as well as minister to others like jesus did. They are not in need of healing, they just love Jesus.

If you think it is easy to preach and get people excited about Jesus or that miracles are things any man can just conjure up as he likes, then think again. Because if it were so, it will be common place. But it pleased God in his Righteousness to put His stamp of approval on Pastor Chris' ministry making His prsence so manifest in their midst and confirming the words of the man of God with astonishing signs and wonders thereby silencing his critics.

I tell you, many of those who say he does not preach salvation do not know the salvation message in the first place. They are themselves, confused.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by layi(m): 7:11pm On Nov 21, 2005
Abi o Donnie

What is salvation to the poor if not prosperity?
What is salvation to the lame if not strengthening of limbs?
What is salvation to the blind if not reciept of sight?

Apostle paul said "I wish above all things that u prosper and be in health even as ur soul propers. Thats TOTAL salvation (spirit,sould and body).
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by PaypalGod(m): 7:07am On Nov 23, 2005
God bless you Donnie, Layi, KenFlavor and those in support of my views
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by kellorah: 1:09am On Nov 28, 2005
all dem pastors r all fake!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by snazzydawn(f): 9:44am On Nov 28, 2005
Kellorah,that is a quite jaundiced view.Layi,paypal,kenflavour,I akso know Pastor Chris is preaching the word of God.For one to be a christian(born again),there has to be proof that God is at work in your life.Gone are those days when men of God and christians were said to be a frustrated lot.Now,we run things around here,so please,leave them guys alone.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by kellorah: 11:01am On Nov 28, 2005
heacts as if it's himactually doin all dem healings! it's the peeeps' faith that heals 'em not
CHRIS' ''healing hand'. wot's with al da pushing ...him pushing peeps or blowing breez? wtf's that all about  angry
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by layi(m): 11:56am On Nov 28, 2005
kellorah:

heacts as if it's himactually doin all dem healings! it's the peeeps' faith that heals 'em not CHRIS' ''healing hand'. wot's with al da pushing ...him pussing peeps or blowing breez? wtf's that all about angry

Why hasnt the "peeeps' faith" healed them up until that moment ?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by donnie(m): 4:03pm On Nov 28, 2005
1cor 12:8-10

For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; 9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; 10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

Any christian can pray and have answers to his prayers because God has promised to answer prayer. But there are specific callings as regars healing and miracles as there are for other gifts of the Spirit.

It cannot be denied that Pastor Chris has the gift of working of miracles ...Or maybe you can try and minister to a crippled man and watch him get healed through his own faith. smiley
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by PaypalGod(m): 6:32pm On Nov 28, 2005
Have u ever heard him say "I healed you"? U need to check your facts b4 talking or posting.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by donnie(m): 7:05pm On Nov 28, 2005
Seun,

Were you refering that post to me? Just in case you were, my advice is that you drop all that religiousity and face the truth. Did i say it wasn't God that healed the people? When God gives you a gift, it's yours. It is not humility to try to deny that fact. Of course God, the giver of the gifts and the supplier of the Spirit is behind those miracles, but it takes a man annointed with the spirit of God to do them. The miracles are to bring him glory because because they were performed in the name of His son Jesus.

Do you know what that means? To Pray or act in the Name of Jesus means you are acting in His stead. It is as though Jesus himself was doing it.

Jesus said to his disciples, "Heal the sick, cast out devils..." He did not say," pray that i might come and heal the sick". This is righteousness conciousness i am sharing with you. This is based on the work of christ for us . We are seated with Christ at the right hand of authority and we operate from there. Glory!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by donnie(m): 7:06pm On Nov 28, 2005
God is not offended that we are working miracles in His name.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by kellorah: 8:30pm On Nov 28, 2005
PaypalGod:

Have u ever heard him say "I healed you"? U need to check your facts before talking or posting.

i said he ACTS i didnt say he SAYS nti!

fake pastor dts all i knw
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by layi(m): 11:23am On Nov 29, 2005
Why confuse urself in public kellorah? U need not come wit the hit&run attitude to posts. If u r convinced enough to post u should be ready to back it up else peeps wont take ur post serious.

Why is he fake? Tell us.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by kellorah: 12:43pm On Nov 29, 2005
wotvr! i'm nt here to argue. u believe in wot u believe b i believ in wot i believe. wot do u say bout the 'pushing' huh all i knw is that they r all fake! no wonder most ppl r atheists!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by layi(m): 12:56pm On Nov 29, 2005
Its been said times without number that you guyz should be sure of your facts before coming here to rabble.
If your problem has to do with people fallin...my dear he doesn always touch them. Go watch his programs...videos if just to proove me wrong. Watch charismatic renewal conferences and total experience.and see people fall 'UNDER GOD'S ANOINTING' in their thousands (within the crowd). Could they all hav been acting? Why the fall..Thats a diff topic for the spiirtualy minded to grasp.
He doesnt always touch people before the 'fall'... Be sure of your facts before posting.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by goodguy(m): 7:45pm On Nov 30, 2005
@kellorah, even if you feel he's fake, who are you to judge?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by kellorah: 12:42am On Dec 01, 2005
goodguy:

@kellorah, even if you feel he's fake, who are you to judge?
i guess ure right!
well peeps...i'll jst say this..we shd all worship the GOd we want to worship n believe in wot we want to believe in. wether or not chris is fake (and all d rest of dem lot) i dnt care n i wont judge, dats jst ma opinion. but 1 oda thingy i dnt like is the fact that pastors r PAID for preaching(being pastors...as a profession) and i dnt agree wiv dat!
am ever so sorry i 'judged' but i still stick to ma opinion.
(but i prefer the REDEEMED pastor to chris...CHRIST EMBASSY!)
i worship God in ma own way and i go to ma own church, d one i believe teaches salvation n not jst bout 'healing' !!!!!!!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by layi(m): 1:29pm On Dec 01, 2005
When u are beign blessed you dont complain but when it comes to ministering back to them financially. It becomes a debate. There is nothing else to name this but GREED
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by donnie(m): 3:35pm On Dec 01, 2005
Kellorah,

You problem is basically a word problem. Jesus said, "you err because you know not the scriptures."

Why do you choose to join the brotherhood of Judas who are offended to see men of God being blessed in all things. Judas was so angry with Jesus that satan entered him and caused him to betray Jesus. Meanwhile, judas was a theif; he had been stealing money from the offering purse (sinse he was the treasurer).

Mind you, the reason these men of God are being blessed this way is because God trusts them , that they will bless other people with what He has given them. They will not gather up wealth for themselves as if they will not leave this world at the end.

This is what the scritures teach:

Galatians 6:6

"Anyone who receives instruction in the word must share all good things with his instructor".

From to your post, you seem to me like one of those who prefer to share all their problems and sicknesses with the man of God but definitely not their pay. keep it up!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Dmystery: 6:41pm On Dec 01, 2005
@kellorarh
I think your lack of information is so evident. Most Christ Embassy pastors are not paid and majority of those that are full-time pastors have brought their faith to the point that they don't depend on any man's salary. Pastor Chris is not even on salary anymore. His life is an expression of the word and he knows that money can come from a fish if need be, and so does the other pastors. And even if they do, it's not unscriptural. Study to show urself approved. wink
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by kellorah: 11:54am On Dec 02, 2005
kellorah:

i guess ure right!
well peeps...i'll jst say this..we should all worship the GOd we want to worship n believe in wot we want to believe in. wether or not chris is fake (and all d rest of dem lot) i dnt care n i wont judge, dats jst ma opinion. but 1 oda thingy i dnt like is the fact that pastors r PAID for preaching(being pastors...as a profession) and i dnt agree with that!
am ever so sorry i 'judged' but i still stick to ma opinion.
(but i prefer the REDEEMED pastor to chris...CHRIST EMBASSY!)
i worship God in ma own way and i go to ma own church, d one i believe teaches salvation n not jst bout 'healing' !!!!!!!

yall can talk to da palm. maybe ure deaf or wot! or prob. blind. abi u no c ma last post?? angry angry
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by donnie(m): 4:50pm On Dec 02, 2005
Thnx Dmystery,

I was just about to say that.

Kellorah,

I am sure you supposed this was a newspaper where you could just slander people esp. men of God and get away with it hun? Well here you get instant response.  grin

Well, Nigerians and indeed  Nigerian Christians know better now.

There is no penalty for accepting correction is there? Esp. when you know you do not have full knowledge or understanding of the matter.

To point to what you just quoted; you are not allowed to worship God the father of our Lord Jesus Christ in your own way but in Spirit and in truth ok?

Remember that there is grace for the humble. But God resists the proud.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by kellorah: 5:11pm On Dec 02, 2005
WHATEVER!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by goodguy(m): 7:45pm On Dec 02, 2005
Kellorah, these guys are right. Plus, you don't worship God in ur own way, you worship in truth and in spirit. I don't attend Christ Embassy, but I've got lots of respect for the man. If you find his miracles offensive to you, why don't you just ignore rather than criticize? What makes you so sure that he's fake anyway?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by kellorah: 7:47pm On Dec 02, 2005
i dnt find it offensive. i jst dnt agree wiv all da show off n all dat!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by goodguy(m): 8:30pm On Dec 02, 2005
If you don't agree, then ignore instead of saying he's fake.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by kellorah: 8:32pm On Dec 02, 2005
yes sa! jeezzz
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Dmystery: 6:10pm On Dec 03, 2005
Kellyorah,
I hope you see this for what it is: correction, not attack. I also hope you are a good learner. Now Christ Embassy is not about showing off or any of those things, it is a vision to take God's divine presence to the peoples of the world. Remember that Jesus was called a drunkard cos he socialized while John the Baptist was called demonized cos he didn't socialize. What matters is the message. We preach the whole counsel of God (as Paul noted in Acts 20:27).
You are not feeding on breast milk at your age cos adult need solid food. This is why we don't spend preach "Repent & be baptised" in every service. We have outreaches in our cell meetings and mega outreaches like Night of Bliss for soul winning. But the church service is suposed to feed the people in the house, though we still make altar calls after the message in church no matter the topic. Christians should learn the Word not just being born again. Being born again is only the beginning. The real life continues after that; this is why we teach the way we do. Thanks for understanding.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Dmystery: 9:32am On Dec 07, 2005
HURRAY! Today is Pastor Chris' Birthday! I pray God will continue to use this Noble Vessels for His Divine Purpose. He who has began a good work in him is faithful to complete it. God is ever faithful and I pray that He will continue to guide this man to make this world a LoveWorld. Happy Birthday Pastor Chris. The best is yet to come.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites / Why We Shut Down Synagogue Church - T.B Joshua's Widow Evelyn (Pics) / Apostle Suleman Reacts To New Nigerian Passport With 'Herdsmen' Inscription

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.