Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,282 members, 7,780,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:26 PM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments (74527 Views)

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by lysaa(f): 6:49pm On Feb 12, 2007
if the money didn't come from u y'd u want to know how it went if not for to judge?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by shahan(f): 7:24pm On Feb 12, 2007
@lysaa,

I wasn't the investigator into the mystery. If it never came into the open, who would care about a dime spent in LoveWorld? If it were some other MOG who received half of that, I guess you would applaud it.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by lafile(m): 7:54pm On Feb 12, 2007
There was i time i really enjoyed the guy. Nobody can deny that he is called by God. I can attribute mu understanding of divine health today to one of his teachings. however i have come to realise that there there is a personality cult around him that he encourages. crist embassy and believers loveworld is all bout pastor chris not about God. Its the word of God (not pastor chris) that is worth hearing. All christ embassy people i know cant imagine listening to another preacher. (They say they can only drink from one source , or something like that). In all, there seems to be some pride somewhere in this chris oyakhilome
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by lysaa(f): 12:07am On Feb 13, 2007
@SHAHAN

Y'D I APPLAUD IF IT CONCERNS ANOTHER MINSTRY OR MOG?, I'M NOT LIKE THAT.

@LAFILE

WATCH TBN, AND HEAR HOW OTHER MINISTRIES TALK ABOUT THEIR MOG,  I'M A MEMBER OF CHRIST EMBASSY. I AM WHO I AM BECAUSE OF THE WORDS THAT I HAVE HEARD. I DON'T LISTEN JUST BECAUSE ITS PASTOR CHRIS BUT BECAUSE I KNOW THE WORDS THAT COMES OUT OF HIS MOUTH ARE POTENT-LIKE EVERY TRUE BELIEVER'S,  PASTOR CHRIS IS MY MOG YES, BUT BIBLE DIDN'T SAY AS MANY THAT ARE LED BY PST CHRIS ARE THE SONS OF GOD BUT AS MANY THAT ARE LED BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD; THESE ARE THE TRUE SONS OF GOD. MY POINT IS, GOD IS THE ONE THAT LEADS AS HIS WORDS GUIDE AND PUTS LIGHT ON OUR PATH OF LIFE. MY PASTOR IS ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE LIFE HE LIVES AND SO AM I, THE RACE IS VERY PERSONAL.

PASTOR CHRIS IS MY MOG OF GOD NO REGRETS WHATSOEVER!!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by shahan(f): 10:53am On Feb 13, 2007
@lysaa,

Nobody's holding Pastor Chris' nose to the grind for being an MOG. The Christian call to ministry requires integrity, not espousal of financial mystifying.

BTW, could you elaborate on the request earlier:

bari_kade:

Please could you enunciate on what you mean by Jesus had some "reasons" to point accusing fingers at John the baptist?

Cheers.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by lysaa(f): 1:56pm On Feb 13, 2007
John the baptist was a fore-runner of Jesus and after talking and testifying about Jesus, he sent his disciple to ask him if he was "the one" or they should wait for another. This showed that at that point, he doubted Jesus and so sent his disciples to ask him that.

See, these were pple with like passion, subject to things that we are subject to today, in other words, They were people like us. If John could think that way, how much more his disciples, If anyone was to know who Jesus really was, it was John but he doubted at that time and Jesus didn't say " John, how could u ask such a question, u started well in the spirit and now in the flesh" But Jesus being wisdom personified told him that the blind sees, the deaf hears etc, so it was left for him to believe what he wanted.

But @ shahan,

what are u driving at, you said u are not judging him so whats the point of these post concerning money? what is making u to ask about it? Is it that u just want to know or something else?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by shahan(f): 2:24pm On Feb 13, 2007
@lysaa,

Your allusion to Jesus and John the Baptist had nothing to do with the case of financial integrity. Making reference to that as such makes the mystified financial case in LoveWorld quite suspect of serious lax of integrity.

I'm not driving at anything beyond why the defence against such scam in LoveWorld has been tawdry.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by donnie(m): 5:16pm On Feb 13, 2007
On Nairaland, i do not just test the post by what is written, i test the Spirit behind the post. As for these recent contributions where some some guys are trying by all means to make this man of God look evil; i have tested the Spirit behind them and i tell you, it is not from God even though they try to make it look like a worhty course.

That is not the Christian Spirit. Let us assume for a moment that the man of God erred, will this be the kind of treatment you will recommend? How many of you have gone on your knees in intercession for sinners, let alone for this great man of God? This is definitely not the Spirit of christ and Christians here on this forum should beware lest they be led astray by some wolves who come in sheep clothing quoting scriptures here and there, intending to exhallt the natural and carnal above the Spiritual while they try to spiritualize their satan inspired attacks.

They are angry at the glory of God they see upon you. they envy the blessing and power of God. Therefore God is against them but they do not know. They are worse than the heathen for these will be submissive at the presence and power of God. But these ones, are their own leaders. They are not submissive to authority even in their churches for if they were, they will speak with care. They will undersatnd why David did not kill Saul when he had the opportunity; even though Saul was after his life.

On hearing about the death of Saul, David cried out in in bitterness of soul, 'oh how the mighty have fallen'. He was not mocking but he was mourning bitterly. He said 'tell it not in Garth'(among unbelievers); yet these ones look for every opportunity to rubbish God and his church in public. God help us.

By their utterances i have marked them. They are not of us even though they want you to think they are. They do not yield to the Spirit. They are their own bosses. They are full of pride,they hate and with unbridled tongues, they despise authorities. Beware of dogs, for they are among us!!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by shahan(f): 5:54pm On Feb 13, 2007
@donnie,

So much for your testing the spirit of the posts you read. I wonder how you tested your own spirit to have defended the mystery of N49m with this quip:

donnie:

Return what money?
. . .
In any case, such amount of money wouldn't mean much to Pastor Chris

This arrogance to defend a questionable source of "offering" hasn't helped your so-called testing the spirit behind your response, has it?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Nobody: 11:22pm On Feb 13, 2007
donnie:

On Nairaland, i do not just test the post by what is written, i test the Spirit behind the post. As for these recent contributions where some some guys are trying by all means to make this man of God look evil; i have tested the Spirit behind them and i tell you, it is not from God even though they try to make it look like a worhty course.

How did you "test these spirits" and how sure are you that whatever you tested is not from God?
Did you bother to test the spirit behind a "MoG" who knowingly reieves N49m ill-gotten wealth and attempts to use the bible to defend it?

donnie:

That is not the Christian Spirit. Let us assume for a moment that the man of God erred, will this be the kind of treatment you will recommend? How many of you have gone on your knees in intercession for sinners, let alone for this great man of God? This is definitely not the Spirit of christ and Christians here on this forum should beware lest they be led astray by some wolves who come in sheep clothing quoting scriptures here and there, intending to exhallt the natural and carnal above the Spiritual while they try to spiritualize their satan inspired attacks.

They are angry at the glory of God they see upon you. they envy the blessing and power of God. Therefore God is against them but they do not know. They are worse than the heathen for these will be submissive at the presence and power of God. But these ones, are their own leaders. They are not submissive to authority even in their churches for if they were, they will speak with care.

For the devil himself has turned into an angel of light. The spirit of deception that now worketh in the last days can quote scriptures to back anything. This same spirit was the one that tempted eve in the garden (eve must have thought it was a most logically sound "spiritual" argument), it was the same spirit that came to tempt Jesus in the wilderness using bible quotes!
It is this same spirit that attempts to adorn all manner of unrighteousness with the "glory of God".
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Nobody: 12:14am On Feb 14, 2007
Ok guys
I see the clothes the BLW or christ embassy girls put on and really i'm amazed. i'm talking about hip stars,spaghetti pants,low waist jeans and other sexy clothes too. not to talk about wierd hair do. Hehe grin and they tell me that God looks into the heart not the out ward appeareance. Trash! if the mouth speaketh forth the abundance of the heart dont you think the flesh too would also fall under prey? i think BLW'ers are Bunch of Convenience Church Goers and Some are really Christians filled with the Holy Ghost.truthfully! I think they are tending towards the Humanistic point of view of religion unknowningly!
A friend of mine is disgusted with Pastor Chris and his Church (yes his Church!) cos he referred to those who dress to cover themselves from head to toe (presumably Depper Lifers) as way back in time (thats from Pst Chris).
Anyway i refuse to look at his personality but i take the words he speak,the bible being my guide,and apply it in my life.
Do they really keep intimate relationships before marriage,i mean the members (coz most BLW girls in my skul uniport have Bf and they see nothing wrong in it? does the church even have a marriage principle?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by lysaa(f): 8:44am On Feb 14, 2007
@SHANHAN

i DON'T KNOW WHAT U ARE FEELING LIKE RIGHT NOW, MAYBE THE "KNOW ALLS" because YOU CLAIM NOT TO BE HEADING ANYWHERE BUT STILL KEEP TALKING ABOUT THIS MONEY MATTER. IF I MAY ASK, HOW DOES IT CONCERN U ANYWAY? YOU ARE NOT INVOLVED IN IT AS A MATTER OF FACT. WHAT KIND OF CHRISTIANITY DO U PRACTICE? I REALLY DON'T KNOW FOR U. U SAY WE ARE COVERING UP THE MONEY ISSUE AND U THINK WHERE U STAND by pointing at it IS BETTER? MAKING UP UR MIND THAT WOTEVA IS SAID, U'LL KEEP TALKING ABOUT IT DO U THINK GOD IS RAISING UR HAND UP AS A WINNER? I WONDER IF U HAVE A FORGIVING SPIRIT. JUST WONDERING.

MENTIONING JESUS AND JOHN MAY NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH MONEY BUT AN ERROR IS AN ERROR. DONNIE JUST MENTIONED SAUL AND DAVID, THERE ARE OTHER EXAMPLES FROM THE APOSTLES THAT THEY HAD REASONS TO JUDGE THEMSELVES AND DID NOT. READ UR BIBLE.

ITS NOT TO TELL U WE KNOW SCRIPTURES MORE THAN U GUYS ON HERE BUT WHEN SCRIPTURES ARE REFERRED TO, AS A CHRISTIAN WITH A HEART OF FLESH, IT CALLS FOR REASONING NOT WITH THE HEAD BUT WITH THE HEART.

whether u want to keep talking about this matter, go ahead. i am done with it, if u need to know more on it, ask the same pple that told u in the first place. they'd have latest msges for u.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by shahan(f): 7:52pm On Feb 14, 2007
@lysaa,

lysaa:

@SHANHAN

i DON'T KNOW WHAT U ARE FEELING LIKE RIGHT NOW, MAYBE THE "KNOW ALLS" because YOU CLAIM NOT TO BE HEADING ANYWHERE BUT STILL KEEP TALKING ABOUT THIS MONEY MATTER. IF I MAY ASK, HOW DOES IT CONCERN U ANYWAY? YOU ARE NOT INVOLVED IN IT AS A MATTER OF FACT. WHAT KIND OF CHRISTIANITY DO U PRACTICE? I REALLY DON'T KNOW FOR U.

Scream all you want in capital letters, it still does not wash the issue being discussed here. I asked a simple question and wondered why members of Christ Embassy have been so arrogant in their replies about the financial scam of the N49m "offering", which donnie challenges with his rhetoric: "Return which money?" That kind of attitude simply tells me that the personality-cult that now pervades you chaps at LoveWorld only helps your pride.

Stolen money should be returned - that is the way to maintain integrity; and not one member of LoveWorld has come forward with a responsible reply. That should give you a hint about the "kind of Christianity" I practise - one that does not cover up financial scams in the name of an MOG.

lysaa:

U SAY WE ARE COVERING UP THE MONEY ISSUE AND U THINK WHERE U STAND by pointing at it IS BETTER? MAKING UP UR MIND THAT WOTEVA IS SAID, U'LL KEEP TALKING ABOUT IT DO U THINK GOD IS RAISING UR HAND UP AS A WINNER? I WONDER IF U HAVE A FORGIVING SPIRIT. JUST WONDERING.

I'm not here to win anything in debates other than expose the 'holy' fraud that you guys will not give up. And just what is your idea of a forgiving spirit? Forgiving towards who - the MOG who refuses to return stolen money as "offering"? Or the members who are so arrogant as to cover up the scam with nothing better than "Return which money"?? Or yet still, the poor fellow who owned up to his shady deals? So, because you are a member of Christ Embassy, all other Christians should turn a blind eye to "holy" scams? So much for the type of Christianity you practise.

lysaa:

MENTIONING JESUS AND JOHN MAY NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH MONEY BUT AN ERROR IS AN ERROR. DONNIE JUST MENTIONED SAUL AND DAVID, THERE ARE OTHER EXAMPLES FROM THE APOSTLES THAT THEY HAD REASONS TO JUDGE THEMSELVES AND DID NOT. READ UR BIBLE.

You and donnie failed to mention anyone in the Bible who covered up financial scams as 'offering' on the basis of wearing a badge as an MOG. Neither Jesus, John the baptist, David, Saul nor any of the apostles were accused of this; and trying to bring them into the picture here is bacchanal.

Even if such a thing were thought possible by some MOG in the Bible, if at all possible, does it then mean you guys would have rushed to the Bible to "prove" that such a case was acceptable because such and such an MOG did it as well? Attitudes like that only make me sorry for some others who rush to the Bible to quote how Solomon had several wives as a "man of God" - just to "justify" the lust of their own MOG.

The Scripture references you guys gave have nothing to do with the issue of financial scam.

lysaa:

ITS NOT TO TELL U WE KNOW SCRIPTURES MORE THAN U GUYS ON HERE BUT WHEN SCRIPTURES ARE REFERRED TO, AS A CHRISTIAN WITH A HEART OF FLESH, IT CALLS FOR REASONING NOT WITH THE HEAD BUT WITH THE HEART.

A good heart seeks what is right, and makes good use of the head - both heart and head are given to us by God to function properly (II Tim. 1:7) so that no MOGs by any badge will make dunces of us. If a scam is a thing of the head, I do not see how conceivable it is permitted as another thing for the heart. Bad medicine, at best.

lysaa:

whether u want to keep talking about this matter, go ahead. i am done with it, if u need to know more on it, ask the same people that told u in the first place. they'd have latest msges for u.

Since you had nothing to say about the whole issue from the start; then leave off. A cover-up is not a Christian virtue.

Postscript:
@lysaa, believe me when I say this, my heart goes out to you in deep love and affection in Jesus; and I'm not trying to rubbish you personally in any way or form. What saddens me is the idea that some MOGs have become so venerated that people are willfully blind when such men have done wrong. Read my posts again about Pastor Chris - I'm not all out and negative about him. However, I don't accept the idea that just because he is a pastor of world-acclaim, we should just swallow everything in LoveWorld and pretend the issues don't exists.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by ballergy(f): 11:17pm On Feb 14, 2007
well, for a start the bible says thou shall not judge.
pastor christain oyakhilome is my pastor, we at christ embassy are not there because he is articulate in english nor because he dresses well. pastor is the prophet of our time
nobody has the moral right to judge pastor T.B. Joshua and Pastor Chris cos nobody called them to the ministry. the calling was from God and if anyone has any objection, then the person can go and ask papa God.
why do we like criticing in nigeria, all we do is to find fault in all our pastors and then go and bring pastors from other parts of the world. i really want to ask is it not the same annointing that flows between them.
if a white pastor can peform miracles and the blind see, lame walk, dumb talk deaf ears we will all leap for joy, but when a nigerian pastors does that all hell will let loose,
i pray that we dont misss our time of visitation
PASTOR CHRIS IS THE MAN SENT FROM GOD AND HE IS WORTH HEARING. DAY BY DAY GOD IS OPENING MORE DOORS OF NATIONS TO OUR MINISTRY AND THERE IS NOTHING ANY BODY CAN DO ABOUT IT.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by ballergy(f): 11:24pm On Feb 14, 2007
babaearly:

Ok guys
I see the clothes the BLW or christ embassy girls put on and really i'm amazed. i'm talking about hip stars,spaghetti pants,low waist jeans and other sexy clothes too. not to talk about wierd hair do. Hehe grin and they tell me that God looks into the heart not the out ward appeareance. Trash! if the mouth speaketh forth the abundance of the heart don't you think the flesh too would also fall under prey? i think BLW'ers are Bunch of Convenience Church Goers and Some are really Christians filled with the Holy Ghost.truthfully! I think they are tending towards the Humanistic point of view of religion unknowningly!
A friend of mine is disgusted with Pastor Chris and his Church (yes his Church!) because he referred to those who dress to cover themselves from head to toe (presumably Depper Lifers) as way back in time (thats from Pst Chris).
Anyway i refuse to look at his personality but i take the words he speak,the bible being my guide,and apply it in my life.
Do they really keep intimate relationships before marriage,i mean the members (because most BLW girls in my skul uniport have Bf and they see nothing wrong in it? does the church even have a marriage principle?

babaearly, i dont think you have any moral right to judge people with wat they wear, i dont give a hoot if somebody somewhre doesnt like pastor chris and his church. wat is the differnce wen u wear ur jeans and sphagetti straps to skul and wear a kaftan to church, is God not every where. why the hypocrisy. it is not what u wear that matters to God it is r heart of worship, he is not man that judges based on the outward appearances
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Nobody: 12:55am On Feb 15, 2007
ballergy:

well, for a start the bible says thou shall not judge.

This line has been oft abused by those who have something to hide. Constructive criticism is not the same as judging.

ballergy:

pastor christain oyakhilome is my pastor, we at christ embassy are not there because he is articulate in english nor because he dresses well. pastor is the prophet of our time
nobody has the moral right to judge pastor T.B. Joshua and Pastor Chris because nobody called them to the ministry. the calling was from God and if anyone has any objection, then the person can go and ask papa God.

You are right that NO ONE has the moral right to judge your "pastors" but we do have the right as sons of God to try every spirit whether they be of God.

ballergy:

why do we like criticing in nigeria, all we do is to find fault in all our pastors and then go and bring pastors from other parts of the world. i really want to ask is it not the same annointing that flows between them.
if a white pastor can peform miracles and the blind see, lame walk, dumb talk deaf ears we will all leap for joy, but when a nigerian pastors does that all hell will let loose,

1. Our gullibility as Nigerians is the reason we are backward today. What drives development in the developed countries is the highly analytical nature of their societies. Everyone is constantly asking questions on how things can be done better, criticism brings out the very best in their governments and their pastors are less likely to sweep accusations of stolen money under the guise of the "annointing" because they know they are answerable to a highly critical populace. The same does not apply here were so called MoG's prey on the pea brained nature of Nigeria's impoverished masses to dispossess them of their hard earned resources in the name of "sowing"!

2. It depends on the kind of "annointing" you are talking about here. Even the devil has an "annointing" too. Remember he himself has transformed into an angel of light.

ballergy:

i pray that we don't misss our time of visitation
PASTOR CHRIS IS THE MAN SENT FROM GOD AND HE IS WORTH HEARING. DAY BY DAY GOD IS OPENING MORE DOORS OF NATIONS TO OUR MINISTRY AND THERE IS NOTHING ANY BODY CAN DO ABOUT IT.

Eve armed robbers, thieving politicians, rogues, looters e.t.c. are now attributing their "success" to God. When the basic ingredients of the fruits of the spirit and integrity are missing in a so called MoG, then it is time to begin to question whether they are really "sent from God". Even Mohammed claimed to have been sent by one certain "god".
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Nobody: 12:57am On Feb 15, 2007
ballergy:

babaearly, i don't think you have any moral right to judge people with what they wear, i don't give a hoot if somebody somewhre doesnt like pastor chris and his church. what is the differnce when u wear your jeans and sphagetti straps to skul and wear a kaftan to church, is God not every where. why the hypocrisy. it is not what u wear that matters to God it is r heart of worship, he is not man that judges based on the outward appearances

The above highlighted line is taken straight from the books of those who use biblical quotes to justify unrighteousness.

Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks and the body wears.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Nobody: 9:36am On Feb 15, 2007
Thanks david.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Backslider(m): 12:04pm On Feb 15, 2007
Dear Brothers and Sisters.

I have read through all what you have all said and I must say that I am happy in all things the Gospel is preached. Whatsoever be just whatsoever be righteous whatsoever be pure and if there be any praise if there virtue think on this.

If I were Pastor Chris or his Friend i would do 2 things

1) Return the money with Interest
2) preach very strong messages against this Evil act of stealing and giving to the Church.

My brethren if Jesus was here he would have returned the money. we are to be meek our master and God replaced the ear of the Soldier.

Please lets us not struggle the with the world with things of the world. Satan will have right over the church if the money is kept.

Lord Why is this disgrace coming at a time when you said that you will raise a standard. Your sanctuary is Defiled by satan. Lord where is the standard? We need your holy Spirit Lord the people have gone with the traditions of men.

My father the men you have called are busy enriching themselves and have left their first love. Mighty God when you came and spent 33years on this world about 2000 years ago Lucifer the son of the morning star did not have this grip of the earth but now he is ruling the hearts of men and men are borne in sin and woredomity is rife Lord. Anything is accepted in the Church we have slept with many gods and taken from evil spirits.

Your holiness that you came to DIE for has been soiled. We all have gone astray there is evil in our hearts the Sanctuary is defiled. Ah Lord take this reproach from us oh Lord. We are menstrous people no seed of holiness holds. We are like dogs that eaten our own vomits we are taken the truth with the evil eye of gain.

Yea Lord Your Anger is against us and you are ready to see blood because you will require your Spirit back as you gave in the day of Creation. Lord I am writing to you not to Flatter you but I am saddened that The Pigs have the jewels of Holiness and regard it not. You will kill us if we are not holy as your eyes are pure to behold iniquity. Lord send the Holy Ghost send it To bring Holiness.

You have sent Jesus Your only Begotten please send the great Holy AlMighty holy Ghost so that we return to you almighty. The souls of men are held up by desire of the Goods of Egypt. Your Church is competing with Egypt and The evil spirits laugh at our Folly. Please do something for the sake of your son Jesus.

Many souls have perished and are now in Hell fire because The Spirit of The holy one did not make us holy so that we could save this damed souls with our Life styles and words. The host of hell are rejoicing and the bottomless pit expands everyday recieving the souls of men that would have been saved.

Lord In your anger you have killed those that you could have saved. But Lord you are just and your salvation is in your name Lord you are holy and you loved us that you sent your son to save us. souls of the young men are lost, It is not the population of the Church member that is the issue but lost souls that are trouping to hell with great zeal.

The host of hell are laughing at the righteousness because they are sackcloth. Ah Lord you said it were better we were naked so that you can cloth us with your Righteousnes.

Please Lord help us I beg you give us your Holy Spirit that will make us holy again and without sin as we were when we in the Garden of Eden before we sinned against you. They have told a lie and there is none that showeth mercy. They are acting as though they made man, There is no mercy Lord. You are the father of mercy and please send your Spirit to bring nothing but holiness.

In Jesus Name

Amen
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by shahan(f): 1:24pm On Feb 15, 2007
Backslider:

Dear Brothers and Sisters.

2) preach very strong messages against this Evil act of stealing and giving to the Church.
. . .
In Jesus Name

Amen

C'est fini!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Backslider(m): 1:47pm On Feb 15, 2007
I needed to pray this prayer for the sake of The body of Christ
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by donnie(m): 7:03pm On Feb 16, 2007
[email]
Backslider:

Dear Brothers and Sisters. [/email]
I have read through all what you have all said and I must say that I am happy in all things the Gospel is preached. Whatsoever be just whatsoever be righteous whatsoever be pure and if there be any praise if there virtue think on this.

My brethren if Jesus was here he would have returned the money. we are to be meek our master and God replaced the ear of the Soldier.

Please lets us not struggle the with the world with things of the world. Satan will have right over the church if the money is kept.

I see that you have made your  quick conclusions already. When you say, return the money you make it clear that you do not understand the issues here. Pastor Chris does not know the man who claimed to have given money to a pastor of one or the many Christ Embassy churches we have in Lagos.  The money never came to him nor to the ministy's accounts. But because it is Christ Embassy, they thought they should try to shake some money out of Pastor Chris. We are a liberal church and we give by the leading of God's Spirit to the poor and needy even greater sums of money than that.

Anyways, enough of putting up defence as i know that even Pastor Chris will be against such attempts to defend him in this manner.

[email]
Backslider:

Lord Why is this disgrace coming at a time when you said that you will raise a standard. Your sanctuary is Defiled by satan. Lord where is the standard? We need your holy Spirit Lord the people have gone with the traditions of men.

My father the men you have called are busy enriching themselves and have left their first love. Mighty God when you came and spent 33years on this world about 2000 years ago Lucifer the son of the morning star did not have this grip of the earth but now he is ruling the hearts of men and men are borne in sin and woredomity is rife Lord. Anything is accepted in the Church we have slept with many gods and taken from evil spirits.

Your holiness that you came to DIE for has been soiled. We all have gone astray there is evil in our hearts the Sanctuary is defiled. Ah Lord take this reproach from us oh Lord. We are menstrous people no seed of holiness holds. We are like dogs that eaten our own vomits we are taken the truth with the evil eye of gain.

Like i said before, and without wanting to sound arrogant, not everyone is in need of this prayer. I am aware that you and your brethren at deeper life ( i am not against anyone and i know that Deeper life is a good church) will not accept Pastor Chris as a chistian let alone, man of God; 49 mil or no 49 mil.

I wish you knew this man called Pastor Chris. If you did, you will love Him.

I was reading through your post with shock and at the same time, amused. The shock was taken away when i took another look at your user name. No wonder the torment of Sin. Everybody is not a sinner for your information. The church is growing and definitely not as smelly as you will have us think. The Holy Spirit has come and we are learning daily. There are many who have given of  their lives and are living  for Jesus.

[email]
Backslider:

Yea Lord Your Anger is against us and you are ready to see blood because you will require your Spirit back as you gave in the day of Creation. Lord I am writing to you not to Flatter you but I am saddened that The Pigs have the jewels of Holiness and regard it not. You will kill us if we are not holy as your eyes are pure to behold iniquity. Lord send the Holy Ghost send it To bring Holiness. .

The Lord's anger is against backsliders because they reject the word, turn their backs against the truth and prefer to live in unbelief. The carnal mind is enemity with God. Turn around, recieve the word and be converted that you might be healed.

[email]
Backslider:
You have sent Jesus Your only Begotten please send the great Holy AlMighty holy Ghost so that we return to you almighty. The souls of men are held up by desire of the Goods of Egypt. Your Church is competing with Egypt and The evil spirits laugh at our Folly. Please do something for the sake of your son Jesus.

Many souls have perished and are now in Hell fire because The Spirit of The holy one did not make us holy so that we could save this damed souls with our Life styles and words. The host of hell are rejoicing and the bottomless pit expands everyday recieving the souls of men that would have been saved.

Lord In your anger you have killed those that you could have saved. But Lord you are just and your salvation is in your name Lord you are holy and you loved us that you sent your son to save us. souls of the young men are lost, It is not the population of the Church member that is the issue but lost souls that are trouping to hell with great zeal.

The host of hell are laughing at the righteousness because they are sackcloth. Ah Lord you said it were better we were naked so that you can cloth us with your Righteousnes.

Please Lord help us I beg you give us your Holy Spirit that will make us holy again and without sin as we were when we in the Garden of Eden before we sinned against you. They have told a lie and there is none that showeth mercy. They are acting as though they made man, There is no mercy Lord. You are the father of mercy and please send your Spirit to bring nothing but holiness.

In Jesus Name .

I see this is an opportunity you are cashing on. Well done. But don't forget, no unrighteousness shall see heaven. God will not reward you for trying to be righteous or for liking his righteous standard but he is a friend of those who humbly accept His free gift of righteousness and are doing exploit by it. These ones do not seek to be justified by the deeds of the law. But their righteousness is of Him saith the Lord. They are strong by God and  they are doing exploits. They are free from guilt of sin and will not be enslaved by it.
How can one who is bound by the fear of sin teach somone else to walk in righteousness. You cannot give what you do not have.

This is not the selfish kind of Christianity where you set  rules and standards by yourself so as to make heaven for a few of your kind. No way! From the day of John the baptist the kingdom of God is preached and men are pressing into it.

Remember that God hates sin but he loves the sinner. Learn to seperate the sin from the sinner. That way, you will only speak loving words and act same way. Men will be drawn to you because you will not just show them their evil deeds and tell them about hell but you will love them, bring them close and teach them how to live right through the practice of God's word.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Backslider(m): 7:30pm On Feb 16, 2007
Dear Sister,

I have listened to this man preaching. His ministry is in Ghana I attended his church (first fruit) service I am not Biased my sister. I am ONE that I try every spirit. I know that you love this man so much but please be careful.

One can make alot of mistake and follow a man to his grave but one must not enter the grave with him. If Brother Kumuyi or Zacharia Tanne Fomum (Cameroon) left the faith now and began preaching false doctrine I will begin to pray for him like I did here.

I will not say because they have lectured me that the great teaching of Scripture follow them in show. You and I know that it is very easy for one to know if someone gave an offering of 49 mill or not.

I cannot say more my sister in Christ but I will say this Let us make our (personal) election sure. The great last battle is about to begin it is those that know their God that shall perform Exploit.

I will never tie my salvation to the doctrine of men but of GOD. We were holy before the fall WHY CANT WE BE HOLY NOW BECAUSE WE HAVE NOT KNOWN HIM AND HIS XTER.

GOD BLESS YOU MY SISTER.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Coco29(f): 7:34pm On Feb 16, 2007
wow
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by lysaa(f): 6:38pm On Feb 19, 2007
@ shahan

u guys amuse me everyday
your words or anyother's onhere can neither daunt my happiness nor destabilize my personal composure not to talk of me shouting. Saying that i was screaming suggests how loud u heard the words deep in u, meaning u heard me.lol

One thing for sure is this, U are becoming pathetically predictable and because I say so, u are going to come back here to repeat yourself. That where isn't my problem. we don't give a hoot because u are not the first neither are u going to be the last on this matter. I only bother about your condition, the way u have programmed your mind. u have successfully convinced yourself that u are doing the right thing, thinking u are on a just course. But is this the extent of your wisdom on this matter? said u are asking a question but anybody could tell what your intention is turning to even tho u didn't start it this way but probably was incited by what others would think of your opinion about pastor chris, I have prayed for u.

dear shahan, u said to lay off (no hard feeling at all) but let's face facts, are u not the one who is supposed to lay off?, after all, I am the one in the church not u, pastor is my pastor not urs, it wasn't your cash that was involved so whats your business? NOTHING. u want to expose holy scam forming spiritual EFCC? is that a new calling? oh please, You have a lot to do with your life rather than busybodying 1tim5:13 & 2thess 3: 11. There is so much to talk about, there are souls out there and on here waiting for your voice to bring them to Christ.

by the way, what local assembly do u belong? i really want to know that perfect church. Abeg email me if u do not want people to know.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by shahan(f): 8:45pm On Feb 19, 2007
@lysaa,

I'm at the airport trying to catch my flight enroute Europe to Naija, and thought to check on the latest post to waste the few hours before the call to board.

lysaa:

@ shahan

u guys amuse me everyday
your words or anyother's onhere can neither daunt my happiness nor destabilize my personal composure not to talk of me shouting. Saying that i was screaming suggests how loud u heard the words deep in u, meaning u heard me.lol

Talk like this shows how cheap and childish the talker is. In a public forum, decorum is essential, but perhaps that does not list as one of your commodities. I would rather not think you're a stranger to it. What did you gain in typing in all capitals?

lysaa:

One thing for sure is this, U are becoming pathetically predictable and because I say so, u are going to come back here to repeat yourself.

Shows where your thinking is leading you; but I've heard cheap talkers ten-a-penny from your camp who we should feel very sorry for.

lysaa:

That where isn't my problem. we don't give a hoot because u are not the first neither are u going to be the last on this matter. I only bother about your condition, the way u have programmed your mind.

Just for the fun of it, may I oblige you the applause for your programmed mind not giving a "hoot"? The last time I heard that was from a local thief at the Museum here - and his loot was just two nickels for a cigar!

lysaa:

u have successfully convinced yourself that u are doing the right thing, thinking u are on a just course. But is this the extent of your wisdom on this matter? said u are asking a question but anybody could tell what your intention is turning to even tho u didn't start it this way but probably was incited by what others would think of your opinion about pastor chris, I have prayed for u.

I have prayed for you as well; but if you don't mind, could I ask if you're a sophist mind-reader to have taken a shot at guessing what my intentions were, even though you were many miles wrong?

lysaa:

dear shahan, u said to lay off (no hard feeling at all) but let's face facts, are u not the one who is supposed to lay off?, after all, I am the one in the church not u, pastor is my pastor not urs, it wasn't your cash that was involved so whats your business? NOTHING. u want to expose holy scam forming spiritual EFCC? is that a new calling? oh please,  You have a lot to do with your life rather than busybodying 1tim5:13 & 2thess 3: 11. There is so much to talk about, there are souls out there and on here waiting for your voice to bring them to Christ.

I had high hopes that you would be a bit grown up; alas! What's all this drivel about, lysaa? How come this has become an issue between both of us? Did you not say that you were done with this discussion? What brought you back - being a more professional busy-body?? I can leave the thread for you to practise that, if that's your life ambition.

The fact that it is not my money is even happier; and again, my pastor would not be defended in such scam by the cheap, sad methods you guys have been purring over. If you took a guess by drumming up this drivel in hope that your nightmares would somehow be laid to rest, then do the more sensible thing to pray that it doesn't become a trademark of LoveWorld.

lysaa:

by the way, what local assembly do u belong? i really want to know that perfect church. Abeg email me if u do not want people to know. lisajonahses@yahoo.com

No wahala, I'll send you an email about it - if it makes you any happier. Perhaps you might hope to be seeking a big scam that matches this issue - i guarantee you that we have big issues; but not one tied to "offering" from stolen money!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Nobody: 5:07am On Feb 20, 2007
lysaa:

pastor is my pastor not urs, it wasn't your cash that was involved so whats your business? NOTHING. u want to expose holy scam forming spiritual EFCC? is that a new calling?

We are trying to expose "holy scam" by forming "spiritual EFCC" in order to catch "spiritual Atikus" masquerading as pastors.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Backslider(m): 9:35am On Feb 20, 2007
Dear Brethren

Please let us Learn to receive Correction no matter how Hurtful it may seem We are one body in Christ and We should learn to love each other even as Christ Loved us.

Let the money be Returned For the love of God. Let us Correct In LOVE also no matter what. Listen to this saying

A man was trying to save a Scorpion from Drowning and each time he put his hand to grab it he was stung by the Scorpion. A passerby told the man to stop because it was the Nature of the Scorpion to sting and the man replied that he knew it was his nature to help and love.

Let love be our nature, Let the nature of Christ be in you.

Amen
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by lysaa(f): 11:01am On Feb 20, 2007
shahan:

Talk like this shows how cheap and childish the talker is. In a public forum, decorum is essential, but perhaps that does not list as one of your commodities. I would rather not think you're a stranger to it. What did you gain in typing in all capitals?

I just sent a post and u appear to be the only one that it was amplified to. Thats a gain i have realised. Ty for hearing a childish and cheap talk. Bottomline is u heard.

shahan:

Shows where your thinking is leading you; but I've heard cheap talkers ten-a-penny from your camp who we should feel very sorry for.
Just for the fun of it, may I oblige you the applause for your programmed mind not giving a "hoot"? The last time I heard that was from a local thief at the Museum here - and his loot was just two nickels for a cigar!

Bla bla bla. what do i care about whose mouth u heard those words? No matter how cheap, it's still not free, u paid attention.

shahan:

I have prayed for you as well; but if you don't mind, could I ask if you're a sophist mind-reader to have taken a shot at guessing what my intentions were, even though you were many miles wrong?

Now U are right about praying for me and maybe Pastor Chris, who knows. Please do more of the prayers than talking. Thats where a change can be effected If u genuinely care. U and I know that I'm not miles wrong so don't fake it for the love of Christ.

shahan:

I had high hopes that you would be a bit grown up; alas! What's all this drivel about, lysaa? How come this has become an issue between both of us? Did you not say that you were done with this discussion? What brought you back - being a more professional busy-body?? I can leave the thread for you to practise that, if that's your life ambition.

Me too, u sound intellegent and grown up but for heaven's sake, u just don't know when to stop talking and the matter is really non of your business. And then telling me to lay off was unreasonably rude of u. I've been low on this matter and what i'd said and would still say is Christians should mind the way they address issues especially if it concerns men of God, even in an instance where they are right; this applies to other ministries or MOG money or no money issue, whatever case it is.

C'mon Shahan, professional busy-body or u just had a glimpse of  your act?

shahan:

The fact that it is not my money is even happier; and again, my pastor would not be defended in such scam by the cheap, sad methods you guys have been purring over. If you took a guess by drumming up this drivel in hope that your nightmares would somehow be laid to rest, then do the more sensible thing to pray that it doesn't become a trademark of LoveWorld.

OK, u guys have a more sophisticated way of defending. Good for u. I am not defending anything but letting u guys know that the way u are going about the issue isn't right least u incur the wrath of God on u. I say what I say for your own good not mine.

shahan:

No wahala, I'll send you an email about it - if it makes you any happier. Perhaps you might hope to be seeking a big scam that matches this issue - i guarantee you that we have big issues; but not one tied to "offering" from stolen money!

How do u think God sees things? You think he frowns at financial scam more than he does to lying? I'd really appreciate your e-mail. do not forget please.

P.S
If u know u send ur post here to waste ur time, why do it at all? It simply shows how unconcerned u are but to blab here.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by shahan(f): 11:35am On Feb 20, 2007
@lysaa,

lysaa:

I just sent a pos[/b]t and u appear to be the only one that it was amplified to. Thats a gain i have realised. Ty for hearing a childish and cheap talk. Bottomline is u heard.

That's why I feel sorry for your type, because your pretences haven't really helped at all. If you just sent a post, why address it to [b]me
- shahan?? Go back and see how many times you addressed your cheap amplified posts to me directly.

lysaa:

Bla bla bla. what do i care about whose mouth u heard those words? No matter how cheap, it's still not free, u paid attention.

I see - you wanted the cheap applause all this while? Why not simply say so and save the day? I always knew you were sporting for a professional busy-body career; and perhaps that's why "it's still not free." Well done.

lysaa:

Now U are right about praying for me and maybe Pastor Chris, who knows. Please do more of the prayers than talking. Thats where a change can be effected. I f u really care. U and I know that I'm not miles wrong so don't fake it for the love of Christ.

First, there's no faking and/or pretences in my posts like have been multiplied in your posts. Love in Christ works in two ways: prayer and talking (II Cor. 5:20). And it is precisely in that way that a change could be effected; not the pride being promoted in your camp with "we don't give a hoot" and "whats your business" attitudes.

lysaa:

Me too, u sound intellegent and grown up but for heaven's sake, u just don't know when to stop talking and the matter is really non of your business. And then telling me to lay off was unreasonably rude of u. I've been low on this matter and what i'd said and would still say is Christians should mind the way they address issues even in an instance where they are right; this applies to other ministries or MOG whether money or no money issue.

For love sake, I apologise for your reading me "unreasonably rude". What I don't take from people (anyone at all for that matter) is foolish talk and the pride that pretends it is reasonable to just be quiet and say nothing when being directly addressed.

I addressed that line to you in just the way you had offered to be rude; and if you missed that, no qualms. The way you guys have been addressing this issue is as if holy scam and fraud in the house of God is okay simply because the MOG is your pastor.

Of course, I would reasonably defend my pastor if I felt his actions were in accord with what I believe the Bible teaches. But certainly not in cases where open fraud is countenanced just because it is our group!

lysaa:

C'mon Shahan, professional busy-body or u just had a glimpse of  your act?

Just aptly describing you, my dear. cheesy

lysaa:

OK, u guys have a more sophisticated way of defending. Good for u.

Oh please. Apply it in yours if it helps your case.

lysaa:

I am not defending anything but letting u guys know that the way u are going about the issue isn't right least u incure the wrath of God on u. I say what I say for your own good not mine.

Let me concede in this one thing to you, lysaa. I may be judged wrong, inept, a busy-body, and all sorts in the way that I respond to posts. It is even surprising that for all that, the grace of God on my life endears me to many folks across the globe (including this Australian who is returning to Naija with me and sitting by my side in the plane as I'm typing this - the guy no gree, and he say he wan marry me by 'holy' force, vision or no vison!! grin).

Anyway, lysaa. . . I am willing to soften my approach and demand nothing in return, even if I'm many times misunderstood: just so that you and I could promote love and fellowship regardless of who is looting what and offerring it wherever. Agreed?

lysaa:

How do u think God sees things? You think he frowns at financial scam more than he does to lying? I'd really appreciate your e-mail.

Both lying and financial scams are hideous sins in His eyes. But then, pride that refuses to acknowledge wrong is even more hideous - agreed again??
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by Bolarge(m): 11:46am On Feb 20, 2007
@ shahan,
davidylan,
Backslider
I dey with u guys 100%.
Make d guy return d money one time (with interest) angry
In fact according to Prov6:31,he suppose return 7-fold.Na #343m be dat. grin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Interview/Comments by lysaa(f): 11:58am On Feb 20, 2007
@Shahan,
have u made ur point? that we are full of pride and cover up scams? And that we pretend?, Thank u ma. I appreciate. I'm still me, I have my style of dealing with issues not like what i see here. you say u pray for us and talk at the same time. what have u said to pastor Chris other than to come on here to say what u say?

U refered to me as a professional busy-body but who is playing the role here?

you know what?i'm really tired of commenting on this. still waiting for ur e-mail.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Reacts To New Nigerian Passport With 'Herdsmen' Inscription / Oyedepo Commissions Construction Of The Ark (pictures) / Oro Traditionalists Perform Pastor Ajanaku 's Burial Rites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 173
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.