Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? (5297 Views)

When Did The gods Start Eating Cream Crackers? / Common Beautiful Names From The Igbo Tribe / Why Did The Bantu's Migrate From Eastern Nigeria To Central And Southern Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 27, 2012
I overhead someone saying this!
NL's is this true?
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by okosodo: 6:08pm On Sep 27, 2012
this is why they are hated by muslims especially hausas, nothing more
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by greedie1(f): 6:18pm On Sep 27, 2012
I read sometin lyk dat along time ago,according to d author (I ve forgotten his name), the igbos are descendants of Gad, the 5th son of Jacob. Gad did not journey wit d rest of his family to meet Joseph in Egypt,bcz he saw a far away land full of pasture and took his cows there to graze. Upon his arrival, he met some ple der and called them Igbo meaning people of the bush. He settled among dem,got married, had children, and his descendants r known as pure igbos. Nri is d ancestral home of the igbos and nri is the son of eri,son of gad...
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by HAH: 9:50pm On Sep 29, 2012
so igbos are settlers in Nigeria the way hausas are settlers in jos
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 10:44pm On Sep 29, 2012
The same way that legends has it that the yoruba's came from mecca. GTFOH!
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:30am On Sep 30, 2012
gree-die:
I read sometin lyk dat along time ago,according to d author (I ve forgotten his name), the igbos are descendants of Gad, the 5th son of Jacob. Gad did not journey wit d rest of his family to meet Joseph in Egypt,bcz he saw a far away land full of pasture and took his cows there to graze. Upon his arrival, he met some ple der and called them Igbo meaning people of the bush. He settled among dem,got married, had children, and his descendants r known as pure igbos. Nri is d ancestral home of the igbos and nri is the son of eri,son of gad...

so am i to believe that he had this super-special telescope for far-range viewing or that he had satelite technology

1 Like

Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by Nobody: 3:57am On Sep 30, 2012
HAH: so igbos are settlers in Nigeria the way hausas are settlers in jos

honestly, there are no "natives of west africa".
every tribe descend from ancient nomads.
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by MrsChima(f): 2:30pm On Sep 30, 2012
Well..i thank Israel for that poking stick. WINKS.
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by greedie1(f): 7:15pm On Sep 30, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

so am i to believe that he had this super-special telescope for far-range viewing or that he had satelite technology
Believe whatever u want to believe
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:18pm On Sep 30, 2012
*Kails*:

honestly, there are no "natives of west africa".
every tribe descend from ancient nomads.

nomads tat dropped from the sky
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by odumchi: 1:43am On Oct 01, 2012
Uka lzrel a agwula m ike.

A bit over a century ago, most of the Igbo knew little to nothing about anywhere beyond their immediate localities, now, one hundred years later, the Igbo peoples are supposedly from Israel. Funny.

1 Like

Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by Nobody: 1:44am On Oct 01, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

nomads tat dropped from the sky

try nomads who migrated.
hard working nomads who knew how to survive
unlike their wise azz pagan descendants who type on the computer. cheesy
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by MrsChima(f): 3:44am On Oct 01, 2012
Some white jew chick said that many people feel that Igbo clan migrated from the Middle East and they have the noses and skin tone of ancient jews. I told her dumb arse that there are no such thing as ancient jews and in fact judaism stemmed from east europe. Those of Jesus time were Hebrews that practice the same thing Jews practice but they were if ebony color not white.

Even in the bible...the author depicted Jesus as being a Black man with hair like wool and skin like the bronze.

Back in those time people thought leprosy was the cause of melanjn defiency and I would have to argue the fact that melanin is part of Dna and leprosy is a skin disease so we
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by Nobody: 4:41am On Oct 01, 2012
Division according to apportionment of land in Israel:
Reuben
Simeon
Judah
Issachar
Zebulun
Dan
Naphtali
Gad
Asher
Benjamin
Ephraim (son of Joseph)
Manasseh (son of Joseph)
Levi (no territorial allotment, except a number of cities located within the territories of the other tribes)

The Igbo Jews of Nigeria claim descent variously from the tribes of Ephraim, Naphtali, Menasseh, Levi, Zebulun and Gad.
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by ifyalways(f): 7:11am On Oct 01, 2012
@OP, they migrated from the "Garri republic"

Rofl.
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 01, 2012
ifyalways: @OP, they migrated from the "Garri republic"

Rofl.

Who was the founder?
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by kikuyu1(m): 6:10am On Oct 02, 2012
Yes,they did. They were among the Africans who spread out from W.Africa,Egypt,Punt and E.Africa ino the ancient ME and beyond into India and all parts of Asia.
http://karanjazplace..com/2012/08/the-wafrican-faces-of-biblical.html

This fascinating blog has skeletal,cultural and linguistic evidence of early Afro Asians as far as Japan.To learn more have a look.
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by Nobody: 6:38am On Oct 02, 2012
Aficans and their inferiority complex.
Smh
Why cant u say the jews came from us?
Everybody knows africa is the birthplace of the world.

Before u know it now warri people will say they came from japan.

Please lets celebrate independence with our yoruba and hausa brothers rather than claiming affiliation with someone who doesn't even want us.

2 Likes

Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by kikuyu1(m): 12:51pm On Oct 02, 2012
inurmind: Aficans and their inferiority complex.
Smh
Why cant u say the jews came from us?
Everybody knows africa is the birthplace of the world.

Before u know it now warri people will say they came from japan.

Please lets celebrate independence with our yoruba and hausa brothers rather than claiming affiliation with someone who doesn't even want us.

Negro,read and understand before posting! I'm not claiming affiliation with anyone especially those pathological liars and history stealers,the white Jews....you know what. Believe what you will. Read the link if you want.
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:55pm On Oct 02, 2012
this thread is filled with slaves. what the hell is judah. manessah , levi etc. these words make no sense to us full-blooded African Tribespeople. angry angry angry angry
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 03, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
this thread is filled with slaves. what the hell is judah. manessah , levi etc. these words make no sense to us full-blooded African Tribespeople. angry angry angry angry

lol! a loyal slave to wikipedia and the christian bible i might add. Inu mi dun lati mọ ọ. i go die! make una relax Pagan.
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Oct 03, 2012
kikuyu1:
Negro,read and understand before posting! I'm not claiming affiliation with anyone especially those pathological liars and history stealers,the white Jews....you know what. Believe what you will. Read the link if you want.

Caucasian, asian, or whatever u might be I think u are the one who needs to understand.
So out of all the pple commenting, u feel its u I was referring to?
Just becos I commented after u?
Really?

Come to think of it, I really do think u are the one confused.
Hope u know your very first sentence on this thread contradicts the rest?
U are talking about pple spreading FROM africa, while everybody else is talking people migrating TO africa.

So maybe u should be the one doing some re-reading.
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by Antivirus92(m): 5:39am On Oct 04, 2012
We are igbos and not jews! We know our progenitor even though i can't state clearly where he is from.
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by ifyalways(f): 10:07am On Oct 04, 2012
bbpreye:

Who was the founder?
2 conflicting versions surrounding the founding fathers. Story says its "ebaman", rumour claims its "bbpreye"
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by AndreUweh(m): 10:22am On Oct 04, 2012
Am an Igbo to the core and my fathers, grand fathers and great grand fathers do not believe we arrived from anywhere. We have been in our present abode since Chukwu created the universe.
Having said the above, I do not rule out that some certain Igbo people came from Israel or elsewhere but not my Isinweke people.
Whatever the case may be, we are all Igbo and are found in the east and west side of the lower Niger.
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by Antivirus92(m): 1:32pm On Oct 04, 2012
Andre Uweh: Am an Igbo to the core and my fathers, grand fathers and great grand fathers do not believe we arrived from anywhere. We have been in our present abode since Chukwu created the universe.
Having said the above, I do not rule out that some certain Igbo people came from Israel or elsewhere but not my Isinweke people.
Whatever the case may be, we are all Igbo and are found in the east and west side of the lower Niger.
you sounded biased?
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by AndreUweh(m): 3:42pm On Oct 04, 2012
^^^How?.
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:56pm On Oct 04, 2012
Andre Uweh: Am an Igbo to the core and my fathers, grand fathers and great grand fathers do not believe we arrived from anywhere. We have been in our present abode since Chukwu created the universe.

i refuse to believe that this man is descended from jews angry:

Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by nyameke: 4:32pm On Oct 04, 2012
^^^^why not are/were the ancient egptians and hebrews(dont like using jews)not all dark skinned people?
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by AndreUweh(m): 4:37pm On Oct 04, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

i refuse to believe that this man is descended from jews angry:

I can't speak for the entire Igbo world, but as for me and my people of Isinweke (Ihitte/Uboma/Nsu/Obowu, we did not migrate from any where.
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by greedie1(f): 10:00pm On Oct 05, 2012
Andre Uweh:
I can't speak for the entire Igbo world, but as for me and my people of Isinweke (Ihitte/Uboma/Nsu/Obowu, we did not migrate from any where.

u see, history has it that wen Gad son of Jacob came to dwell on ibo land, he met some people there and he called them igbo (a Greek word). He co existed with them peacefully and wit time they imbibed his culture as he did theirs but there was need to differentiate bw the original settlers and the immigrants and so Gad and his descendants were known as the pure igbos
while d originals became d impure igbos

there ve bin various arguments as to how dis naming
was done but the popular opinion is dat Gad was called d pure Igbo because it was him who brought about governance wen he gathered the originals,
formed a tribe and gave it a name. Prior to dis, d originals were strangers to each other, strangers dat lived in small units and hardly interacted wit d next unit. Also, these originals had no common ancestry,
infact, their roots could not be traced beyond their forefathers.

Gad is d father of Eri who is d father of Nri. As u
know, Nri is d ancestral home of the igbos. I know aguleri, umuleri, adazi, r descendants of nri nd thus pure igbos and Onitsha is impure Igbo....

DIsclaimer: d info above was gathered from historical books written by igbos. Unfortunately, I cannot recall d title of the books or the name of the authors coz I read them Many yrs ago( 6- 8 )yrs ago. Thus, the facts are refutable, u may have to do your own research before u arrive at a conclusion.
Re: Did The Igbo's Migrate From Isreal? by ChinenyeN(m): 12:06pm On Oct 06, 2012
Nri is the "ancestral home of the Igbo", but his father, Eri, supposedly "Son of Gad from the Bible" is a settler among indigenes?
This two-sided mouth story never gets old, abi?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obatala, King Of The Igbo Nation- Igbodefender.com / Odu Ofun Osa- The Benevolent Smiter. / Why Do Men Pay The Bride Price Of A Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.