Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University - Education (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University (89535 Views)

See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking / Babcock’s Best Graduating Student Has Never Kissed A Man / I Need The School Fees Details For Covenant University Or Any Other Private Uni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by nahoomeah(f): 12:26pm On Jul 19, 2010
rose-kate

its rily her bad, lmao!
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by seyipearl: 1:35pm On Aug 11, 2010
Babcock University is far better than Covenant University, i can not imagine myself in an environment where i'm not allowed to use my mobile phone, i can't move about freely with d opposite sex, it's crazy, no privacy at all, its crap

in B.U, we have rules but, we can live with d rules conveniently, those rules are just there to guide us so as not to go astray,

Hail Babcock God's own University, proud to belong!!!!!!! smiley

3 Likes

Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Aj7(f): 2:31am On Aug 13, 2010
Covenant is definitely better than Babcock university grin, i mean the quality difference is just too much plus B.U's ranking is no where near C.U's own cool
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by NNMUU(m): 4:34pm On Aug 14, 2010
I have to say its covenant University. I believe that the rules are for ur own gud. You can get ur "freedom" and use ur fone after u graduate. wink

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Basildon1(m): 11:09am On Dec 17, 2010
Both are glorified secondaty schools cheesy
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by shollychei: 10:32pm On Apr 22, 2011
Well, after all has been said. With experience, let me tell u guyz the reality.  cool 3 of my sisters graduated from Covenant University, 1 still in her 100 level, I applied for CU admission and i met state of the heart facilities i.e structure to behold. good lecturers, that i learnt some are from the federal uni and some from polytechnics, I saw one of my lecturer, Mr Brownson 4rm lagos poly, he was just been employed at dat period, Handful of professors and some staffs that are church members. Its a well organised skl, no doubt. Eventually I went to Babcock University, at Babcock, I met Structures on ground, not up to the massive one in CU, Ongoin structures of quality standards, old buidings of the Old institution of the ASWA days, some roads were tard while some were WIP Good lecturers, professors in their numbers, and many more. The grading system inthe two skls is wat we shuld consider. At CU, an A is 70 marks while at BU an A grade is 80 marks. At BU u cant score below C grade in ur core course, otherwise u av extra year or go for summer, So It s means U are what u score and can defend ur degree outside dere at the outside world. All this are absent in CU, wer u can score a E grade and say thank God i didnt fail. At BU u av access to Information Technology which aid u so much in ur study, from my findings, CU were partly denied this, In this 21st century, i think u cant survive and compete without IT, In the world market, different IT tools are brought into the market, and I think CU lack from this. I can easily do assignment thru my phone ASAP wen given. We are given permission to leave the school for field trip were we have fun and expose ourselves and move on with the trend in the world. At CU they denied most of this things. In BU we protest against policies dat are not student friendly, My sisters used to gist hw PAPA abuse dem and send curses down to parents. Freedom of speech is very essential in life, I got dat at BU, My sisters didnt. We carry student Union activities that today has groomed many of BU students to be future politicians. On the case raised that CU students cant spell Covenant, I had corrected my sisters on several occassions, even the one dat got admitted recently is still writing Convenant, I think its a decease dat the school needed to address b4 it becomes a cancer worm. From employees statistics, ask for the datas, Babcock University students used to come top in Interview conducted. Thou we av more stubborn students from BU than CU be cos the way we wer nuctured by d skl to neva get intimidated. So from Bu u will see agressive Students who wants to be successful and from CU, u wud see Calm students who wants to be likewise successful. I will chose BU because rite now As i'm talkin, its easter, my sister is in skl, instead of been at home with the family to celebrate easter, she's writng exams in a skl dat claims to be religious. for christ sake, cant exams be scheduled in a way dat it wont clash with d day christ died for our sins. Its ridiculous. At Bu even wen i was still a muslim we were given Islamic brakes dat evry one benefits. BABCOCK IS WAY BETTER DAN COVENANT because of her dynamism and openess to the world. tongue

6 Likes

Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by shollychei: 11:01pm On Apr 22, 2011
Also go to Professional bodies and ask for the list.Out of the private Uni, BU is top in the number of professionals, ICAN, ICT certification, CIBN, ACCA and many others because we were structured to pursue all this at BU. CU just got her accreditatin by ICAN recently as a centre for lecture, BU got hers since 2003. 4 yrs after she was operational, CU got hers 2011, 10 yrs after operation. Go and comfirm the datas for urselves. During my ATS days in accounting, tho i read Eco. I was able to convince students to come to BU. I was rite because dey could not find any CU in the ICAN centres to make enquiries from abt CU. At BU welfare is better, u can pay ur feels twice, At CU you must pay up to 90%. dats ridiculous. At BU religious activities doesnt clash with lectures, At CU it does, in the middle of thier omega semester, they halt academic programmes for at least a week and do so many worship programmes, At BU As u go for ur lectures, in the evening, come and worship ur creator and give him praise. In terms of international rcognition, BU is has upper hand. BU has a group from United states dat monitors her Academic activities every semester, The master plan of her skl of medicine tells it all dat Babcock is comin stronger in structures and will compete with CU on dat ground. BU dont like to rush programmes dat needed more intelligence to operate, thats why she drew a plan dat medicine will take off in yr 2012. Go to some private uni today, most of thier progs. has been disaccredited because dey rushed the programmes. BABCOCK is better and I'm proud to Belong. Great Babcockite .

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by bolajlove: 3:39pm On Nov 04, 2011
for the records acording to all afican university rating. by webometrics, babcock university is the best in Africa as at 0ct 2011.

proud to be a great babcockite. we ar d bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Oluwashaeyii: 9:01am On Mar 29, 2012
dafizee: i intend to apply for admission at BABCOCK UNIVERSITY but i am confuse as i want to study an engineering course( civil to be precise), but a school such as babcock doesn't have any engineering course to offer. What a shame! If schools like Igbenedion University and convenant university can boost of courses in engineering, Law and even Medicine, what is babcock doing to compete with them. They boost they provide better facilities than babcock, yet convenant charges less.

covenant doesnt have law
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Nobody: 7:56am On May 08, 2012
Why is it that all private universities have absurd christian church rules? All but Igbinedion, that is.
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 10, 2012
If you are seeking admission into the prestigious University of Lagos (UNILAG). You can make all your enquiries bout the admissions processes on facebook just hooke up on facebook by "LIKING" their official page on Admissions guide. Everything you need to know to gain your admission will be provided for you free of charge and they are mainly relevant infos. click dis link and "LIKE" the page www.facebook.com/unilagadmissionguides they will feed you with enough infos.
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Princessah: 2:08pm On Feb 25, 2013
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm,have gone thru every1's comment here,seriously what u have experienced personally is different from what a friend told u,am a graduate of babcock university, have a younger sis @convent and igbenidion uni,i bet it with u babcock will always be the best,in terms of academic exellance,the freedom to talk,boldness to talk and not rude.the glorified secondary school thnz,pple will always make me laugh,why on earth will u like to dress and open half of ur breast or why will u want to show ur bombom(guy)zigging,dis things are not suppose to b,am out in d world not dat am a product of babcock but believe me dere are things i can do that pple from other schools cant do,i talk when necessary and pple wonder why re u so bold,i use to tell them thanks to babcock,u cant appreciate ur school until u leave and get to the outside world.my dear there re other courses u can study that are beta in babcock,we read to get ur grades Oº°˚ ˚°º.it is well with u my pple.greatest babcock,we are the best.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Princessah: 2:08pm On Feb 25, 2013
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm,have gone thru every1's comment here,seriously what u have experienced personally is different from what a friend told u,am a graduate of babcock university, have a younger sis @convent and igbenidion uni,i bet it with u babcock will always be the best,in terms of academic exellance,the freedom to talk,boldness to talk and not rude.the glorified secondary school thnz,pple will always make me laugh,why on earth will u like to dress and open half of ur breast or why will u want to show ur bombom(guy)zigging,dis things are not suppose to b,am out in d world not dat am a product of babcock but believe me dere are things i can do that pple from other schools cant do,i talk when necessary and pple wonder why re u so bold,i use to tell them thanks to babcock,u cant appreciate ur school until u leave and get to the outside world.my dear there re other courses u can study that are beta in babcock,we read to get ur grades Oº°˚ ˚°º.it is well with u my pple.greatest babcock,we are the best.
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Princessah: 2:09pm On Feb 25, 2013
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Princessah: 2:11pm On Feb 25, 2013
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Princessah: 2:11pm On Feb 25, 2013
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Princessah: 2:12pm On Feb 25, 2013
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm,cant believe some1 comparing babcock with convenant,have gone thru every1's comment here,seriously what u have experienced personally is different from what a friend told u,am a graduate of babcock university, have a younger sis @convent and igbenidion uni,i bet it with u babcock will always be the best,in terms of academic exellance,the freedom to talk,boldness to talk and not rude.the glorified secondary school thnz,pple will always make me laugh,why on earth will u like to dress and open half of ur breast or why will u want to show ur bombom(guy)zigging,dis things are not suppose to b,am out in d world not dat am a product of babcock but believe me dere are things i can do that pple from other schools cant do,i talk when necessary and pple wonder why re u so bold,i use to tell them thanks to babcock,u cant appreciate ur school until u leave and get to the outside world.my dear there re other courses u can study that are beta in babcock,we read to get ur grades Oº°˚ ˚°º.it is well with u my pple.greatest babcock,we are the best.
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Princessah: 2:12pm On Feb 25, 2013
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm,cant believe some1 comparing babcock with convenant,have gone thru every1's comment here,seriously what u have experienced personally is different from what a friend told u,am a graduate of babcock university, have a younger sis @convent and igbenidion uni,i bet it with u babcock will always be the best,in terms of academic exellance,the freedom to talk,boldness to talk and not rude.the glorified secondary school thnz,pple will always make me laugh,why on earth will u like to dress and open half of ur breast or why will u want to show ur bombom(guy)zigging,dis things are not suppose to b,am out in d world not dat am a product of babcock but believe me dere are things i can do that pple from other schools cant do,i talk when necessary and pple wonder why re u so bold,i use to tell them thanks to babcock,u cant appreciate ur school until u leave and get to the outside world.my dear there re other courses u can study that are beta in babcock,we read to get ur grades Oº°˚ ˚°º.it is well with u my pple.greatest babcock,we are the best.
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Princessah: 2:13pm On Feb 25, 2013
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Princessah: 2:23pm On Feb 25, 2013
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by mayorall(m): 7:53am On Feb 26, 2013
Does babcock university offers medicine and how much is their fees?........
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by timiamoo(f): 8:24am On Sep 07, 2013
Mystique: The two schools are crap!! (glorified secondary schools) tongue
exactly,bu or cu,de re both sametin.nodifference
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by berildan(m): 6:33pm On Feb 13, 2015
It's interesting how time has answered this question. #CURocks!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by DangotePikin: 1:54pm On Mar 27, 2015
Yimu
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by GLOBALINF: 10:18pm On Jun 03, 2015
It's far better to study abroad

Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 01, 2015
dafizee:
i intend to apply for admission at BABCOCK UNIVERSITY but i am confuse as i want to study an engineering course( civil to be precise), but a school such as babcock doesn't have any engineering course to offer. What a shame! If schools like Igbenedion University and convenant university can boost of courses in engineering, Law and even Medicine, what is babcock doing to compete with them. They boost they provide better facilities than babcock, yet convenant charges less.
It's covenant not convenant. Learn to type right even on the blogosphere
Re: Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University by Diamondville(f): 4:58pm On May 15, 2017
Onabs:
Babcock is better dan Convent any day. Yes, both unis have funny rules and all but at least Babcock gives one the rite to hav ones privacy in terms of having using ur own fone on campus.
I am a graduate of Babcock and am proud of the skool any day, any time. The skool has made me to be a responsible and religious person even though am a muslim.
We're talking about educational standard not religion.. besides covenant is one of the top 10 best universities and the best private university in Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

COVID-19: Japanese University Conducts Graduation Ceremony Using Remote Robots / JAMB releases Mmesoma Ejikeme original result / As Undergraduate Student, Your Phone Gallery Is Filled With Something Like This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.