Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,638 members, 7,801,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November (10854 Views)

Breaking News CCT Postponed Saraki's Hearing Till November 5th and 6th !!! / Heavy Rain Causes Flooding In Kano City (photos) / Kogi To Build A $3B Refinery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by mukina2: 1:27pm On Sep 28, 2012
Gov Idris Wada of Kogi on Thursday asked the people of the state to prepare for more floods as the situation might not abate till the end of November.The governor said more water would be released from some dams and that as the water increased everyday and rapidly, increase in flood should be expected till the end of November.

Wada spoke at the 2012 World Tourism Day celebration in Lokoja and stressed that the flooding was a natural disaster that could not be curtailed.

He urged the residents of Lokoja living close to the water front to leave their buildings before the water got to them unannounced.

He also appealed to all residents of Lokoja and the flood victims to accommodate one another during the period.

He advised those who did not have means to get new accommodation or had no families that could accommodate them to go and settle at the relief camps provided for flood victims.

He said relief materials were sent to the camps daily to relieve the victims of their hardship.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/284-breaking-news/45139-flooding-to-last-till-november-in-kogi
Re: Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by Odunnu: 1:44pm On Sep 28, 2012
This is very serious! Till November?
Re: Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by Crayola1: 2:11pm On Sep 28, 2012
Two months of flooding wow... sad
Re: Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by mallorca(m): 2:22pm On Sep 28, 2012
God have mercy shocked
Re: Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by Todaynatoday: 2:23pm On Sep 28, 2012
God, I pray that u give those people the strength to be able to carry on! protect them!
Re: Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by garripack: 2:24pm On Sep 28, 2012
[size=20pt]BLAH BLA blah WAT THE HELL IS THIS GUY TALKING U CANT EVEN BUILD DEM A GOOD ACCOMMODATION YET YOU RE USING THEIR SWEAT TO ENRICH UR SELF[/size]

[size=70pt]RUBBISH [/size]

1 Like

Re: Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by aieromon(m): 2:37pm On Sep 28, 2012
I hope this won't lead to food shortage oh!
Re: Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by DANILSA(m): 2:37pm On Sep 28, 2012
GOD WILL HELP U GUYS. GEJ AND WADA SHOULD PLEASE THINK OF HOW TO HELP THIS PEOPLE cry cry cry
Re: Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by sonyjacobs(m): 2:38pm On Sep 28, 2012
time to go fishing ; lol

1 Like

Re: Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by DANILSA(m): 2:38pm On Sep 28, 2012
aieromon: I hope this won't lead to food shortage oh!
MY BRO IT SURELY WILL. angry angry angry
Re: Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by Sanfoaster: 2:43pm On Sep 28, 2012
this is pathetic! I wish I can help.
Re: Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 28, 2012
wahala dey o! is not a small something.
Re: Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by prissyluv(f): 2:52pm On Sep 28, 2012
He knew of such disaster and neva fought for d solution earlier.
Re: Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by regime: 2:54pm On Sep 28, 2012
Gov. Wada should go and learn how to control flood from Mr. Rauf Aregbesola the gov. of the state of Osun.
Re: Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by segunfunmi(f): 3:17pm On Sep 28, 2012
GOD UNTO YOUR HAND WE COMMIT OUR SOUL.IS IT A CRIME FOR LOKOJA TO BE A CONFLUENCE TOWN?
Re: Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by Okijajuju1(m): 3:24pm On Sep 28, 2012
WOW!!! Niggas are gonna die of a shiit of things ranging from drowning, to starvation to a wide array of sicknesses.. ..
Re: Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by EreluY(f): 3:45pm On Sep 28, 2012

I am not reacting to what this guy has said and I sincerely apologise for this. But, ladies and gentlemen, behold the above picture which demonstrates how Fellow Nigerians think they can INVADE and ENCROACH upon the Niger River path and get away with it. River Niger is the third-longest river in Africa, exceeded only by the Nile and the Congo River (also known as the Zaïre River), it is definitely the principal river of western Africa, running through Guinea, Mali, Niger, on the border with Benin and then through Nigeria before depositing itself into the Antlantic. Now, why any right thinking person think they can invade and encroch upon its path is beyong me. Listen guys, you can break government's town planning laws, bribe your ways to get what you want in life but no one can cheat NATURE! River Niger has simply reclaimed what for eternity is it's -- the river path!

8 Likes

Re: Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by ChideraFavour(m): 3:57pm On Sep 28, 2012
Wow! ds floodn of thing has becomin 2u much almost all d state of d federation hv been affected 'wht a mess? God pls hv mercy on ur innocent childrean n save dem frm ds calamity, u promised dt u wll neva again destroy d world wt water,remember ur promise I beg
Re: Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by mikron(m): 4:01pm On Sep 28, 2012
garripack: [size=20pt]BLAH BLA blah WAT THE HELL IS THIS GUY TALKING U CANT EVEN BUILD DEM A GOOD ACCOMMODATION YET YOU RE USING THEIR SWEAT TO ENRICH UR SELF[/size]

[size=70pt]RUBBISH [/size]
build them accomodation u say? Do u know how long it takes for a standard hoouse to be built? The flood will abate in 2 mnths but while building d houses for them as u suggested where would they the victims stay? Have u asked urself that?
Re: Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by mikron(m): 4:05pm On Sep 28, 2012
prissyluv: He knew of such disaster and neva fought for d solution earlier.
he knew? How? Is he a wizard or God to know?. People just talk without thinking. If u must know the flood also affected akwa ibom. Edo. Benue. Lagos to mention but a few.
Re: Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by mikron(m): 4:10pm On Sep 28, 2012
so i ll not be able to travell home to bayelsa dis november for my uncles burial? Cos i must pass through that route. God help us
Re: Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by pcicero(m): 4:20pm On Sep 28, 2012
Erelu_Y:

I am not reacting to what this guy has said and I sincerely apologise for this. But, ladies and gentlemen, behold the above picture which demonstrates how Fellow Nigerians think they can INVADE and ENCROACH upon the Niger River path and get away with it. River Niger is the third-longest river in Africa, exceeded only by the Nile and the Congo River (also known as the Zaïre River), it is definitely the principal river of western Africa, running through Guinea, Mali, Niger, on the border with Benin and then through Nigeria before depositing itself into the Antlantic. Now, why any right thinking person think they can invade and encroch upon its path is beyong me. Listen guys, you can break government's town planning laws, bribe your ways to get what you want in life but no one can cheat NATURE! River Niger has simply reclaimed what for eternity is it's -- the river path!

Water must find its way...The unfortunate truth!!!
Re: Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by Okijajuju1(m): 4:21pm On Sep 28, 2012
Erelu_Y:

In summary... DONT F[U]CK WITH MOTHER NATURE!! As I was looking at that picture, I couldnt help but wonder why so many houses where that close to the banks of the river?!..
Re: Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 28, 2012
Erelu_Y:

Is that really the pic of kogi? then that place is finish, different kinds of fishes and snakes will be living in those houses before the rain dry, watch well before you enter. Baba God Mercy oooo
Re: Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by Crayola1: 4:40pm On Sep 28, 2012
Natural disasters are unavoidable but the Nigerian factor is making an already bad situation worse undecided
Emergency response team
Levies
Re: Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by Jodesky(m): 4:45pm On Sep 28, 2012
Erelu_Y:

Question?
Was the flooding in Edo caused by encroachment on the River Niger path?

Lesson
Dont rush into hasty conclusions
Re: Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 28, 2012
Nigerian Drainage System
Re: Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by Okijajuju1(m): 5:32pm On Sep 28, 2012
~Royal~:
Nigerian Drainage System

And what has Nigerian Drainage system got to do with this?! ..
Re: Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by EreluY(f): 6:04pm On Sep 28, 2012
Jodesky:
Question?
Was the flooding in Edo caused by encroachment on the River Niger path?

Lesson
Dont rush into hasty conclusions

Am not entirely sure what, if anything, you are high on! This thread is about the Flooding In Kogi and you're ranting about flooding in Edo. That said, Nigeria is a LAWLESS country where both the leaders and the led break the law with impunity. I don't know about the Edo flooding and haven't seen any pictures from there. Nonetheless, like elsewhere in Nigeria the question are as follows: what is the drainage system in Edo like? What do people do with their wastes (dump them into the drainage as it is elsewhere across the country)? Are town planning rules enforced and followed by the citizenry? Are flood defences properly put in place? We're not talking about Tsunami or Hurricane Katrina here, are we?

This is not about rushing into hasty conclusions. It's about telling it as it is: YOU FLAUNT THE LAW AND BUILD ON THE PATH OF A RIVER, IT COMES ONE DAY AND WASH AWAY YOUR BUILDING. PERIOD.

2 Likes

Re: Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by EreluY(f): 6:10pm On Sep 28, 2012
~Royal~:
Nigerian Drainage System

It's not about Nigerian drainage system at all. It's about respecting nature and not building structures right on the path of the Niger River. Structures were erected almost right inside the river. It sounds and looks as if some wished the river dried up completely so they can build their structureS on the very bed of the Niger River. IDI0TS.
Re: Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by Debroslink: 6:25pm On Sep 28, 2012
[b]CAUTION! CAUTION!! CAUTION!!!

THE OGUN RIVER IS RISING @ AN ALARMING RATE...[/b]SOME PARTS OF LAGOS WILL SOON GET FLOODED
Re: Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November by etaurus(m): 7:30pm On Sep 28, 2012
Till November? Wow! May God save small lkj

(1) (2) (Reply)

Niger Delta Interest Made Me Dump PDP For APC – Uduaghan / More Debt For Nigeria, As FG Seeks $100 Million Broadband Loan From India / Ikpeazu To Give ₦1m For Information On Gunmen That Attacked Policemen In Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.