Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,018 members, 7,806,976 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

Ntldr Missing (meaning?) - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ntldr Missing (meaning?) (2509 Views)

80 List Of Common Ict Abbreviations And Their Full Meaning / What Is The Meaning Of 'subscription' In Face Profile Info? / Meaning Of File (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ntldr Missing (meaning?) by Macgreat(m): 11:44am On Jan 16, 2008
NTLDR answers please!
Re: Ntldr Missing (meaning?) by Macgreat(m): 12:47pm On Jan 16, 2008
please guys my hard driver is giving this error report, NTLDR missing, i want to know what it means, \
does it mean the hard disk can no longer work or what? . . .
please answer is needed. . .urgently.
thanks in advance. . .
Re: Ntldr Missing (meaning?) by paribus(m): 4:03pm On Jan 16, 2008
A missing NTLDR (the windows NT-based OS bootstrap loader) doesn't necessarily mean that the whole information on the hard drive has been corrupted.

Most likely your NT or XP system partition files has been damaged in one way or the other and you might need to repair windows or worst case scenario, reinstall. You get the option to repair the existing (and damaged) windows installation (at the text based portion of setup)  if you initiate a new install process of the OS.

I don't want to reinvent the wheel here, but there are Microsoft KB articles that explains this effectively. So take time to go through them. I've posted some links below:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318728

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320397

Regards
Re: Ntldr Missing (meaning?) by shockz(m): 8:33pm On Jan 16, 2008
Not really Good. Actuallyy as it has been said your info is still safe. it happened to my laptop last week. all i did was to remove the hard drive, put it in a casing and connect to another system like it was an external storage device, copy ur pix,music and so on out to a cd or somrthing then place it back into ur system and reinstall windows. in the process u format ur hard drive too shocked
Re: Ntldr Missing (meaning?) by efemena1: 11:57pm On Jan 17, 2008
hi, u dont really have to panic, what u simply do is, start up ur system, click delete continously if thats the key that will take u to ur cmos settings, or F2 etc as in the case of ur PC. when u are in the cmos setting, simply channel all the boot devices to ur cdrom, make sure it does not have the chance to boot from the hard disk, insert ur windows installation disk in ur cdrom, and start the boot by saving ur current cmos settings using the cdrom as the boot device.

once it prompts u that it wants to boot from the cd, click any key, then follow the steps.

if it asks u if u want a new installation of ur OS or to repair, choose the first option which is to install, setup will then search for the existing OS, once it locates this xisting OS, it will ask u if u want to repair that OS or install a fresh one, simply pick the REPAIR existing.

From there, folow whatever it says or asks for, where drivers etc.

if not clear still, call me on 08055673226, 08068978257

i will entertain nite calls which will give us time to solve the problem together

take care

efemena
Re: Ntldr Missing (meaning?) by idonland(m): 6:52pm On Jan 22, 2008
you do not have to format your harddrive, its an easy thing ti fix, you can put your harddrive in another computer as a slave drive and then copy the NTLDR file from the other computers harddrive to yours, and then it should boot up fine
Re: Ntldr Missing (meaning?) by Ralvy(m): 7:59pm On Jan 22, 2008
This happend on Windows XP Pro. Outsourcing the NTLDR file from another Windows XP Installation is not advisable. . .
Do a repair of the Operating System using your Installation CD.
Re: Ntldr Missing (meaning?) by Onicastro: 6:02am On Jan 25, 2008
Get a bootloader, If your bios doesn't come with one (cause mine did) or download OSL bootman.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seperate the art from the artist, no one in Hollywood is who they appear to be Except Jonny Dep who's almost exaxtly whom he apears to be.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Install Windows Xp On A Computer With Windows Vista Pre-installed? / How To Solve Error 0x800f0906/install/enable .net Framework 3.5 On Windows 8/8.1 / Glo Sim Refuses To Connect With Universal Modem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.