Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,827 members, 7,806,323 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead (28774 Views)

Alhaji Gawat Is Still Missing A Year On / ALH ABDUL LATEEF ADEGBITE CON, PH.D; A Tragic Loss Of An Illustrious Exemplar / Why The Titles Alhaji And Alhaja? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 28, 2012
just heard on ogtv that Alhaji Lateef Adegbite is dead. he's on till his death Secretary-General of the Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-SlQgXPKMxVA/T-NyGA-bgbI/AAAAAAAAEfg/r_-Dad3KleA/s400/adegbite.jpg[/img]

The death of the Secretary General of the Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs, Alhaji Lateef Adegbite has been announced.

The governor of Ogun State, in a statement signed by his Senior Special Assistant on Media, Funmi Wakama on Friday, announced the death of Dr Adegbite, who was also the Seriki Musulumi and Baba Adini of Egbaland.

According to the statement, Dr. Adegbite “passed on this (Friday) evening in Lagos, at the age of seventy nine.”
http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/09/28/lateef-adegbite-is-dead/
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by acidtalk: 10:33pm On Sep 28, 2012
Wooow!!!
If this is true then May his soul rest in peace.

That man was so eloquent and well admired.

9 Likes

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by warrior01: 10:58pm On Sep 28, 2012
So this man ended up not dying a christian; may baba GOD have mercy on his soul

34 Likes

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by asha80(m): 11:02pm On Sep 28, 2012
it is true.just saw it on channels news.

1 Like

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by Elueme: 11:04pm On Sep 28, 2012
He looks like a lover of peace. Very much unlike the others... May God grant him rest

1 Like

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by Nobody: 11:09pm On Sep 28, 2012
He really lost a lot of weight.so sad he died at this time.RIP to him

1 Like

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by Pukkah: 11:10pm On Sep 28, 2012
warrior01: So this man ended up not dying a christian; may baba GOD have mercy on his soul

See the silly mentality of 'my religion is better than yours' at display. Some of you just like avoidable arguments by 'unChristianly' hurting the sensibilities of others.

This is one of my issues with over-religious, holier-than-thou Nigerians, both Christians and Muslims - a bunch of hypocritical and dogmatic people who vociferously profess one religion or the other at the drop of a hat but without anything to show for it in their habits, lifestyles and values.

On the contrary, you guys are experts at employing and deploying religion to divide yourselves. I wish you luck.

86 Likes

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by tpia5: 11:16pm On Sep 28, 2012
eyah, what killed him, and why is this happening during the problems with the hajj.
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by alaoeri: 11:28pm On Sep 28, 2012
Heard it on channels tv, RIP the secretary of supreme council for islamic affairs.
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by DuduNegro: 2:20am On Sep 29, 2012
Inna Lillahi wa Inna Ilahyi Raji'un.

May his soul rest in peace.

28 Likes

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by Psylas(m): 2:28am On Sep 29, 2012
Wat of d man pic?
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by hardbody: 2:33am On Sep 29, 2012
berem: He really lost a lot of weight.so sad he died at this time.RIP to him

What better time is there to die?

1 Like

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by Mrchippychappy(m): 2:34am On Sep 29, 2012
Maxymilliano: Boko Haram just lost a rare gem.

so true grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by SisiKill1: 2:37am On Sep 29, 2012
warrior01: So this man ended up not dying a christian; may baba GOD have mercy on his soul
Seriously, I think Baba God would rather you prayed for the souls of your so called Christian pastors who have no qualms fleecing their congregation in His name.

33 Likes

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by Nobody: 2:45am On Sep 29, 2012

whats the difference between you and him

2 Likes

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by Kenistry(m): 2:58am On Sep 29, 2012
Pukkah:

See the silly mentality of 'my religion is better than yours' at display. Some of you just like avoidable arguments by unChristianly' hurting the sensibilities of others.

This is one of my issues with over-religious, holier-than-thou Nigerians, both Christians and Muslims - a bunch of hypocritical and dogmatic people who vociferously profess one religion or the other at the drop of a hat but without anything to show for it in their habits, lifestyles and values.

On the contrary, you guys are experts at employing and deploying religion to divide yourselves. I wish you luck.

all dis jst because he said d truth?
D Truth is actually bitter to folks like ya.

20 Likes

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by Nobody: 3:02am On Sep 29, 2012
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by Kenistry(m): 3:08am On Sep 29, 2012
Never heard of him. Wht's is contributn to dis nation sef? Insignificant as far as am concern, He even made d front page at dat. Tribalism at work here.

2 Likes

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by Kenistry(m): 3:08am On Sep 29, 2012
Never heard of him. Wht's his contributn to dis nation sef? Insignificant figure as far as am concern, He even made d front page at dat. Tribalism at work here.
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by Nobody: 3:15am On Sep 29, 2012
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by ibedun: 3:15am On Sep 29, 2012
kenistry and warrior01

please get some education and dont mean the academic type

11 Likes

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by naijaforlife: 3:22am On Sep 29, 2012
@Kenistry. Must you know everybody for him to be important to you? Even on Nairaland here, I'm not sure you are that prominent and that does not make you less important because I am sure one way or the other you also touch the lives of some people in your own little way. When religious and tribal sentiments are appealed to even at the peak of their irrelevance will not make us progress as a nation. Best wishes.

5 Likes

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by ademutiu: 3:35am On Sep 29, 2012
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by Nobody: 3:42am On Sep 29, 2012
I don't know who he was but rest in peace.
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by sissa: 3:43am On Sep 29, 2012
This is great lost 4 d muslim.May his soul rest in perfect peace(amin)
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by Businesstools(m): 3:52am On Sep 29, 2012
May God grant him eternal rest.
Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by asholism: 3:53am On Sep 29, 2012
adegbite's death; a great lost 2 d nation. Adegbite's contributions 2 peace keeping in dis country is unmeasurable. may his soul rest in perfect peace as I pray Allah shud grant him al-janaat firdous.

4 Likes

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by Nobody: 3:57am On Sep 29, 2012
Kenistry: Never heard of him. Wht's his contributn to dis nation sef? Insignificant figure as far as am concern, He even made d front page at dat. Tribalism at work here.
KENISTHREE years old.. no wonder you post such foolish comments...

7 Likes

Re: Alhaji Lateef Adegbite Is Dead by legalwealth(m): 4:09am On Sep 29, 2012
RIP...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lodge Your Complaints Here / Faced With Sexual Desires Or Have Wet Dreams & You Are Unmarried?learn From This / #EndSARS: Protests, Demonstrations And Civil Disobedience In The Light Of Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.