Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:24 PM

Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ (27395 Views)

Messi-suarez-neymar(msn) V Benzema-bale-cristiano Ronaldo (BBC) / Equatorial Guinea...a Poor Representation Of African Football / Bishops Condemn Neymar For Posing Like Jesus Christ (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by miracle4(m): 10:28am On Sep 29, 2012

[img]http://storage.canoe.ca/v1/dynamic_resize/sws_path/suns-prod-images/1297318756942_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=420x[/img]

The Brazilian National Bishops Confederation (CNBB) has criticised a Brazilian sports magazine for publishing a photograph of Neymar being crucified in the same way as Jesus Christ.

Placar, which has become one of the most successful sports publications in Brazil, were using the picture as a metaphor to highlight the criticism the Santos star had been coming under for supposedly diving too often.

The Placar cover, which reads "the Brazilian ace turns scapegoat in a sport where everyone plays dirty", was inspired by a 1970s issue of Spanish magazine Don Balon, which depicted Johan Cruyff in almost exactly the same way.

In a letter, signed by CNBB president Cardinal Raymundo Damasceno Assis and general secretary Dom Leonardo Ulrich Steiner, the publication has been criticised for "showing disdain towards people's feelings".

A statement read: "The Brazilian National Bishops Confederation states that it feels severely outraged with the [photo] montage that is the cover of a sports magazine, where the image of Jesus Christ is seen with the face of a football player.

"We acknowledge freedom of speech as a fundamental principle of our state and [see it as necessary for] democratic co-existence, however, there are known limits for such.

"To ridiculise faith and show disdain towards peoples' religious feelings by using the disrespectful use of the image of Jesus suggests manipulation and use of editorial resources as a means for commercial ends.

"This is a clear lack of respect that offends the most sacred image for Christians and updates, in a hazardous manner, the well-known resource of gaining attention by provocation."

An online petition has now been launched against Placar's use of the image of Neymar as Jesus Christ, which has gained over 7,000 signatures since its manifestation.

http://www.sambafoot.com/en/news/36254_brazilian_bishops__severely_outraged__with_image_of_neymar_as_jesus_christ_.html
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Les: 12:39pm On Sep 29, 2012
Owk!

1 Like

Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by losak9111(m): 12:44pm On Sep 29, 2012
Too bad but no fight or protest pls
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by dridowu: 12:45pm On Sep 29, 2012
Neymar or No Neymar, arsenal must win today game. Patience Jonathan also on my mind. Say no to BH BOIZ

3 Likes

Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Iaz93: 12:46pm On Sep 29, 2012
Sick assholes
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by hydeekam: 12:46pm On Sep 29, 2012
Let's see what happen next to the player himself. May Almighty God save us from all this palava.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by DrWhizy(m): 12:46pm On Sep 29, 2012
@least i know people wont kill others or burn down infrastructures as a result of this......continues sipn coffee.....

9 Likes

Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Odinaka00(m): 12:46pm On Sep 29, 2012
If it was those people nw, they wuda slaughtered my brothers in †ђξ northern side of.....

I nor name name o

16 Likes

Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by oradee: 12:48pm On Sep 29, 2012
is it just me or does the dude have shape? grin grin
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Odinaka00(m): 12:48pm On Sep 29, 2012
grin
dridowu: Neymar or No Neymar, arsenal must win today game. Patience Jonathan also on my mind. Say no to BH BOIZ

Hw U̶̲̥̅̊ take knw say arsenal go win today? U̶̲̥̅̊ wan derail this thread wit futbal talk abi? grin
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 29, 2012
Even Before Jesus, the Christ, People got crucified. And even after Jesus, the mode of execution continued. So what are these Bishops outraged about. Christianity should be more enlightening than Islam, although both are Asian Ideologies.

7 Likes

Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Iaz93: 12:49pm On Sep 29, 2012
If na muslims, dey wud hv burnt dwn the whole country (brazil) by nw

6 Likes

Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by olempe(m): 12:55pm On Sep 29, 2012
Dr. Whizy:
@least i know people wont kill others or burn down infrastructures as a result of this......continues sipn coffee.....

Word!
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by yohannazack(m): 12:56pm On Sep 29, 2012
Maturity xhibited, dis is truly a religion of peace. The whole world nids to learn frm xritianity, if the world must knw peace.

12 Likes

Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by oradee: 12:57pm On Sep 29, 2012
Billyonaire: Even Before Jesus, the Christ, People got crucified. And even after Jesus, the mode of execution continued. So what are these Bishops outraged about. Christianity should be more enlightening than Islam, although both are Asian Ideologies.

i truly wish ur comment wld be deeply understood by all...
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 29, 2012
Billyonaire: Even Before Jesus, the Christ, People got crucified. And even after Jesus, the mode of execution continued. So what are these Bishops outraged about. Christianity should be more enlightening than Islam, although both are Asian Ideologies.

True, Peter the rock was crucified upside down which is more bizarre.
But this neymar own too much sha, always from one controversy to another, the guy and ballotelli would make best of friends. money can sure make small boyz misbehave ... In other news, the guy na good footballer sha..I wonder if he will ever come to Europe.

2 Likes

Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 29, 2012
The world would have been up in smoke...
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Ryabcool(m): 1:05pm On Sep 29, 2012
saxywale:

True, Peter the rock was crucified upside down which is more bizarre.
But this neymar own too much sha, always from one controversy to another, the guy and ballotelli would make best of friends. money can sure make small boyz misbehave ... In other news, the guy na good footballer sha..I wonder if he will ever come to Europe.
Don't blame the boy. His face was photoshopped into the picture. He has no hand in this. Look at the picture very well

1 Like

Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by jude33084(m): 1:06pm On Sep 29, 2012
Neymar too dεy pose, he letting his football die daily. Oscar is humble aŋԂ yet play ♍☺re than τhis paper hero undecided
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by lafuria1(m): 1:06pm On Sep 29, 2012
the fact is christians dont give a damn.... i remember the nicki minaj saga, nothing hap. the muslims have made it clear, if u have no prblm making mockery of ur religious values, stay clear of ours. have u ever seen the muslim make mockrey of jesus? no becos he isnt someone to joke about.
funny enuf u dont like ur parents to insulted but i guess jesus is an exception.

what is neymar trying to potray? the brazilian football saviour. is neymar now comparing himself to jesus? sometimes the best way to attract attention is to bring religion into it.

6 Likes

Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Alaafialoro(m): 1:12pm On Sep 29, 2012
Who cares? It could be anybody‘s image photoshopped with the wonderkid head(Neymar).
Thank God,some people are more matured than the other(no name mentioned),if not hell would have been let loose!
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by ziccoit: 1:14pm On Sep 29, 2012
Counted about 20 comments. No direct mudslinging and names calling here. Even the comments are attacking the perceived enemies in the name of sympathetic understanding of 'in-house'.

We all understood your game, that is how it was in the days of your forefathers and so shall it be till the eternity.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by oradee: 1:14pm On Sep 29, 2012
la furia: the fact is christians dont give a damn.... i remember the nicki minaj saga, nothing hap. the muslims have made it clear, if u have no prblm making mockery of ur religious values, stay clear of ours. have u ever seen the muslim make mockrey of jesus? no becos he isnt someone to joke about.
funny enuf u dont like ur parents to insulted but i guess jesus is an exception.

what is neymar trying to potray? the brazilian football saviour. is neymar now comparing himself to jesus? sometimes the best way to attract attention is to bring religion into it.

seems u wanna take this up...are jesus (isa) and mohammed not both prophets in ur religion? yet u people never protest when isa is mocked. are the people making mockery of Jesus christians? so why wld u believe those making mockery of islam christians?
Oga,if u have nothing to say on this thread,u know what to do...

8 Likes

Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Labyboy(m): 1:17pm On Sep 29, 2012
Easy easy .. Before we comment oo..
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Labyboy(m): 1:18pm On Sep 29, 2012
la furia: the fact is christians dont give a damn.... i remember the nicki minaj saga, nothing hap. the muslims have made it clear, if u have no prblm making mockery of ur religious values, stay clear of ours. have u ever seen the muslim make mockrey of jesus? no becos he isnt someone to joke about.

Guy na wa for U̶̲̥̅̊ oo.. Wetin concern Neymar with all this.. Abi who tell U̶̲̥̅̊ say the boy went to the magazine office to pose for them.. Even pikin wey dem born yesterday know say na ordinary Photoshop dey for the face.. So abeg.. Make we dey cool down before we start to dey halla jare.
Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by Nobody: 1:20pm On Sep 29, 2012

Let me guess, hmmnn.. You didnt attend Secondary school grin

4 Likes

Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by oradee: 1:22pm On Sep 29, 2012
for the record, NOT EVERYONE CRUCIFIED ON THE CROSS IS DEPICTING JESUS CHRIST...REMEMBER HE ALSO HAD TWO THIEVES CRUCIFIED ALONGSIDE HIM...

Christians know Jesus is risen and in Heaven so anyone depicting an image on the cross is definatley referring to the thieves. grin

20 Likes

Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by safarigirl(f): 1:27pm On Sep 29, 2012

another misinformed bigot. Who told you Muslims don't make fun of Jesus? Go to Pakistan and see with your own eyes the kinda mockery the church faces, is it because no one is burning flags and embassies that you think all is well? Christianity was once like Islam in the 15th century, but the religion has grown to ignore views that contradict our teachings and even laugh at the over active imaginations of a few nutheads, while Islam is still waiting for a VIP invitation to the 21ST CENTURY.

20 Likes

Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by shineeye1: 1:27pm On Sep 29, 2012

Whatever logic you want to employ, please reckon that today, the cross is a symbol of great veneration for christians everywhere. Multitudes hold the cross sacred today. That is enough reason for any civilized man of any faith not to denigrate the cross overtly or covertly. Ihope you are cultured enough to take that in.

2 Likes

Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by TheMadame(f): 1:31pm On Sep 29, 2012
Crucifiction was a method which the Romans used to execute lots of criminals.
When Jesus was crucified two robbers were crucified on either side of him.
So what is the big deal in a magazine applying literary licence to express the hopw a player has been vilified for his love for going to ground easily.
People need to loosen up-seriously!

4 Likes

Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by vanstanzy(m): 1:31pm On Sep 29, 2012
miracle4:

http://www.sambafoot.com/en/news/36254_brazilian_bishops__severely_outraged__with_image_of_neymar_as_jesus_christ_.html

Bishops, abeg no vex abeg. Christ(God) is not ridiculed, and if He is, trust Him, He can fight for himself unlike... i didn't say it.

3 Likes

Re: Bishops Outraged By Neymar's Representation Of Jesus Christ by semid4lyfe(m): 1:36pm On Sep 29, 2012
TheMadame: Crucifiction was a method which the Romans used to execute lots of criminals.
When Jesus was crucified two robbers were crucified on either side of him.
So what is the big deal in a magazine applying literary licence to express the hopw a player has been vilified for his love for going to ground easily.
People need to loosen up-seriously!

+10000

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" / John Ogu Reacts To Chiugo Veronica Akaolisa, Estranged Wife's Shade / Onazi Ogenyi Set For His Traditional Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.