Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,815 members, 7,806,286 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

Is It Safer And Cheaper Gettin ISBN From Publishers Or At National Libraries... - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Is It Safer And Cheaper Gettin ISBN From Publishers Or At National Libraries... (1396 Views)

Where Can I Get Issn & Isbn? / Where Do I Get Isbn In Nigeria / How Can I Get ISBN? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Safer And Cheaper Gettin ISBN From Publishers Or At National Libraries... by oluomad(m): 9:51pm On Sep 29, 2012
I just finished writing my book, but am confused on where to get my ISBN can someone give me advice please

1 Like

Re: Is It Safer And Cheaper Gettin ISBN From Publishers Or At National Libraries... by Tobitbooks: 8:13pm On Sep 30, 2012
It is interesting to hear about your book. You can get ISBN from the National Library in Lagos or Abuja. Just collect the form, write an application letter and submit with your manuscript. But note that you must come from a registered compamy with CAC. It should take not more than 48hrs. Thanks. Keep the writing juice flowing.
TOBIT. ...Write.Publish.Sell
www.tobit.tk
Re: Is It Safer And Cheaper Gettin ISBN From Publishers Or At National Libraries... by Tobitbooks: 8:15pm On Sep 30, 2012
I will advice you to go through a publisher. Trust me, you will not want to face the Library Stress.
Re: Is It Safer And Cheaper Gettin ISBN From Publishers Or At National Libraries... by oluomad(m): 11:15pm On Sep 30, 2012
Tanks
Re: Is It Safer And Cheaper Gettin ISBN From Publishers Or At National Libraries... by oluomad(m): 11:16pm On Sep 30, 2012
Tobitbooks: I will advice you to go through a publisher. Trust me, you will not want to face the Library Stress.
like hoe much do you think the publisher will charge me
Re: Is It Safer And Cheaper Gettin ISBN From Publishers Or At National Libraries... by Tobitbooks: 7:57pm On Oct 03, 2012
Publishing is a broad step with many parts. A publisher actually don't charge for ISBN. When you give them a book to publish, your fees covers everything.
Nevertheless, you can buy an ISBN from the publisher for 6000 naira. I.e if you want to self publish.
Or simply, you can just upload your manuscript to us and we will publish your books in the next five days for 55 naira per copy with 150 copies as the minimum. Then pay additional 4000 to get ISBN.
Thanks. Send a mail to tobitbooks@yahoo.com
Re: Is It Safer And Cheaper Gettin ISBN From Publishers Or At National Libraries... by Pinkblee: 6:44pm On Nov 20, 2012
I GAVE TOBIT BOOKS SOME MONEY TO PRINT MY BOOK ABOUT A MONTH AGO, TILL NOW I HAVEN'T HEARD FROM THEM, THEY HAVE REFUSED TO PICK THEIR PHONE OR REPLY THEIR MAILS. PLEASE NIGERIANS DO NOT FALL PREY TO THIS SCAM.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Safer And Cheaper Gettin ISBN From Publishers Or At National Libraries... by sholay2011(m): 11:35am On Nov 23, 2012
Tobitbooks: Publishing is a broad step with many parts. A publisher actually don't charge for ISBN. When you give them a book to publish, your fees covers everything.
Nevertheless, you can buy an ISBN from the publisher for 6000 naira. I.e if you want to self publish.
Or simply, you can just upload your manuscript to us and we will publish your books in the next five days for 55 naira per copy with 150 copies as the minimum. Then pay additional 4000 to get ISBN.
Thanks. Send a mail to tobitbooks@yahoo.com

Did you just say you guys publish books within 5 days?? what of proofreading and proper editing? 'Correct' cover design and d rest?? Abegii!!

1 Like

Re: Is It Safer And Cheaper Gettin ISBN From Publishers Or At National Libraries... by Govvy(m): 4:56pm On Oct 17, 2013
but the cac tin gan sef. That's d main reason I'm considering buying an Isbn. Can I buy from another author who has a block of Isbn?
Re: Is It Safer And Cheaper Gettin ISBN From Publishers Or At National Libraries... by Govvy(m): 6:27am On Aug 04, 2014
Speaking Pen International Concept (S.P.I.C) is a duly registered company with the Federal Government of Nigeria with Registration Number, CRBN 401547 which offers professional editing services, printing and publishing services, speaking at seminars & programmes, ISBN registration/ issuance from National Library Nigeria, book reviewing, freelance writing, author promotion, and consultancy service for self-pub and traditionally published author.
Some of our services are FREE while our paid services are very affordable as we are more concerned about the impact to be made.
SPIC Aloud! Let your voice be Heard, Read and Upheld!!!

speakingp..com
www.facebook.com/speakingpen
+2348094200537
sunnystar247@yahoo.com
BBM: 28288b1e

(1) (Reply)

How I Met My Mother. / The Other Room - A Short Story By Iniobong Leroi Umoh / Chi Amanda 2: Destiny Will Not Fail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.