Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

Concerns Over Governor Dickson’s Health Rise - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Concerns Over Governor Dickson’s Health Rise (17752 Views)

APC Raises Alarm Over Governor Fayose’s Mental Condition / Buhari Was Stoned In Bayelsa, Says Governor Dickson / 2015 Election: Northern Leaders Express Concerns Over Buhari’s Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Concerns Over Governor Dickson’s Health Rise by Pukkah: 9:01am On Sep 30, 2012
There was public concern over the health of the Bayelsa State Governor, Mr. Seriake Dickson, on Friday.

Our correspondent gathered that the governor had been absent from the state for over three weeks fuelling speculations that he might have been sick.

While some said Dickson was flown to the United Kingdom to be treated of an undisclosed ailment, others insisted that the governor took some days off to rest.

There was also an indication that Dickson may miss all the activities lined up for the Independence Day and the 16th anniversary celebration for the creation of the state.

But the government broke its silence over the matter debunking claims that the governor’s absence was caused by illness.

The government said the governor was on official and private tour abroad, maintaining that Dickson was on a working leave.

The Special Adviser to the Governor on Political Affairs, Chief Fred Agbedi, said the governor was hale and hearty.

He insisted that his absence had not in any way affected the administration of the state.

He said, “Governor Henry Seriake Dickson has gone abroad in his bid to woo investors and develop the state. On a private note, the Governor is also on holiday. He has not gone on holiday since his election into the House of Representatives, which he won after the turbulent rerun, and shortly after that, he went into the governorship primaries.

“He went through a rigorous campaign. Since then he has not taken a deserved rest and that is what he is doing now. The Governor did not travel because of ill-health but he travelled for the interest of the state and to rest.

He added that there was no law that made it compulsory for the governor to be present during the Independence anniversary celebration.

http://www.punchng.com/news/concerns-over-dicksons-health-rise/
Re: Concerns Over Governor Dickson’s Health Rise by Pukkah: 9:17am On Sep 30, 2012
What's going on in Bayelsa? A Permanent Secretary - Mrs Patience Jonathan- has been away for about 40 days.

The Governor has also been away from the state for over three weeks. It is not a crime to be go on leave or even fall sick but the manner in which these guys are handling this matter is what is fuelling wild speculations.

For example, although the spokesperson of the state stated that the Governor is working and resting at the same time but did he hand over to the Deputy Governor? What is the exact number of days for which he is away - both for the simultaneous work and rest? When is the Governor coming back to Yenagoa?

Well, whether they are able to answer these questions or not, the truth will always come out.

Again, I hope his trip of wooing investors is not the type on which the likes of Diepreye Alamieyeseigha or James Ibori embarked. undecided

10 Likes

Re: Concerns Over Governor Dickson’s Health Rise by Gbawe: 9:23am On Sep 30, 2012
Most African leaders will never admit to being unwell or unfit for office. Impossible !!!! The aim is to stay in office, enjoying opulence and wealth, as long as possible. Yar Adua and Atta-Mills, for example , were "very fit" and physically "able" to lead according to their sycophants. We heard they were merely seeking "routine check-ups" abroad. Today, both are dead because of how, in my opinion, Africans misunderstand what power should be used for.

7 Likes

Re: Concerns Over Governor Dickson’s Health Rise by acidtalk: 1:01pm On Sep 30, 2012
When I read some certain news I just can't help but wonder if the government looks like the populace like idi*ots, or the populace are really idi*ots.
Official and private trip they say? Where else in this world apart from Nigeria will any government official spend TAX PAYERS money on a trip and still think the same populace whose money he is spending doesn't have a right to know where he went and what he went for.

Nigerians you all are still foo*ls at 52, 48 more years and your children and grand children will still find out they are idio*ts when Nigeria marks 100years of Stu*pidity.

1 Like

Re: Concerns Over Governor Dickson’s Health Rise by newnaira: 1:01pm On Sep 30, 2012
A permanent Secretary went to rest, the Governor went to rest. I don't envy them o, I really don't want to go for 'such rest'. Ctrl enter.

2 Likes

Re: Concerns Over Governor Dickson’s Health Rise by Series22(m): 1:02pm On Sep 30, 2012
HIV no dey show 4 face

2 Likes

Re: Concerns Over Governor Dickson’s Health Rise by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 30, 2012
Being sick is a better excuse than the working holiday 'abroad'. What is wrong with Nigeria's Politicians and 'abroad'?
Re: Concerns Over Governor Dickson’s Health Rise by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 30, 2012
Did he also go for a tummy tuck? Too much Star and Guilder no good for belle I swear!

5 Likes

Re: Concerns Over Governor Dickson’s Health Rise by ochukoccna: 1:13pm On Sep 30, 2012
Nigeria,a nation where governance is hushed up in secrecy
Hmnn!
SMH!
Re: Concerns Over Governor Dickson’s Health Rise by mallorca(m): 1:13pm On Sep 30, 2012
berem: Did he also go for a tummy tuck? Too much Star and Guilder no good for belle I swear!
LOL
Re: Concerns Over Governor Dickson’s Health Rise by GARRIx7(m): 1:16pm On Sep 30, 2012
Who cares??
He can die for all I care... undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Concerns Over Governor Dickson’s Health Rise by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 30, 2012
could this be the sylva strikes back
Re: Concerns Over Governor Dickson’s Health Rise by Apesin001: 1:19pm On Sep 30, 2012
na waooooo, o LORD, have mercy on us.
Re: Concerns Over Governor Dickson’s Health Rise by hardywaltz(m): 1:20pm On Sep 30, 2012
Its official: Cassava Bread + Point and kill fish is dangerous to health.
This warning is from the Federal Ministry of Health.

4 Likes

Re: Concerns Over Governor Dickson’s Health Rise by alaoeri: 1:24pm On Sep 30, 2012
Hope the workers in patience's ministry never gö village for these ppl Oº°˚˚° cheesy .
Re: Concerns Over Governor Dickson’s Health Rise by alkadriyar(m): 1:26pm On Sep 30, 2012
You can fool some of the people, but you cannot fool all of the people.
Re: Concerns Over Governor Dickson’s Health Rise by lillyboy: 1:27pm On Sep 30, 2012
What is happening in Bayelsa is an insult to d generality of Nigerians. The gov went away for 3 weeks only for him to tell somone to issue a statement of deceit Dat he is resting n still meeting wit investors...if truely he is meeting wit investor, can we have there names, who r the other state executives wit him on Dat "official" assignment...or is he meeting wit dem alone?Do Bayelsans Dat voted him into power also believe Dat there Gov is resting n working alone in d UK?when as it become a crime for a govt official to fall sick? GEJ started it wit his wife's illness n his state Gov has followed suit..posterity will not forgive u all for lying to us..most especially wen u all failed to provide basic health facilities in our hospitals,thus allowing millions of Nigerians to die while u go abroad to enjoy Wat other efficient govts provided for their citizens..GEJ n his cohorts v failed!

5 Likes

Re: Concerns Over Governor Dickson’s Health Rise by Valto(m): 1:35pm On Sep 30, 2012
rumours in bayelsa has it that gov dickson is very ill,(some said he is partially paralyzed)...... dont ask me how got to know lipsrsealed... i reside in yenagoa bayelsa state
Re: Concerns Over Governor Dickson’s Health Rise by mike404(m): 1:36pm On Sep 30, 2012
GARRI (x7):
Who cares??
He can die for all I care... undecided undecided
Don't you fink ya madt?

1 Like

Re: Concerns Over Governor Dickson’s Health Rise by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 30, 2012
Stupid people...see what a grown man is boldly vomiting in public.

Why do these public figures hide simple things from their people. What's the big deal that a human is sick!
Next now,nairalanders will open a thread asking us to pray for someone that never accepted he is sick! Nansense!!

2 Likes

Re: Concerns Over Governor Dickson’s Health Rise by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 30, 2012
We need a revolution where all the bad leaders will all fall sick and die all at once. Let's have a breathing space!

1 Like

Re: Concerns Over Governor Dickson’s Health Rise by PapaBrowne(m): 1:48pm On Sep 30, 2012
The New Strategy:
If you can't get him directly, take out his core loyalists.
The expected result: Somehow, without core loyalists, his protection can easily be compromised. He would also begin to feel insecure and react irrational and probably make massive blunders. Then at his weakest point,they intend to strike!! It will fail.

The first strategy was to intimidate him.
The calculations were that if you bombard the country, given his non military background and his seeming soft outlook, he would get scared and by himself resign from office. It didn't work.

The second strategy was to make the country ungovernable for him.
The calculations were that if you increase the tensions amongst the populace, he would become so unpopular and the people would revolt and literally send him packing. It appeared like it was going to work(especially with the fuel subsidy saga), then suddenly electric power started improving. Again, it didn't work.

They thought about the legal option. They are also tampering with the constitutional option(impeachment). They know it wouldn't work, so they are playing a new one.

The new strategy is to break the fences around him and weaken his protection. To achieve this, they knew his security man had to be out of the way. They are master strategists but their failure is in their underestimation of their prey. The man is an extraordinary strategist himself and as such has won them on all counts.

The sad thing is that they(the strategists) see us, the populace, as pawns in their evil game of chess.

Their last card is Kamikaze. They would seek to destroy everything including themselves and all of us.

One thing is sure. Their plans would fail. As one day, the sun would set on their behinds and they'll realize that the power they wield is transient.

8 Likes

Re: Concerns Over Governor Dickson’s Health Rise by didisky(m): 1:52pm On Sep 30, 2012
I think all the politicians in Nigeria along with their spouses are sick cause they always seem to be out of the country for one check up or another

1 Like

Re: Concerns Over Governor Dickson’s Health Rise by Oghoro(f): 1:54pm On Sep 30, 2012
Valto: unconfirmed rumours in bayelsa has it that gov dickson is very ill,(some said he is partially paralyzed)...... dont ask me how got to know lipsrsealed... i reside in yenagoa bayelsa state
. Yea,vry true!the illness is stroke or sth similar.I also reside in Yenagoa nd I heard this too.
Re: Concerns Over Governor Dickson’s Health Rise by doctokwus: 1:56pm On Sep 30, 2012
Bayelsa as a state,its people,those associated wt it has not provided anything that is either examplary,worthy of emulation or dat inspires confidence
Re: Concerns Over Governor Dickson’s Health Rise by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 1:57pm On Sep 30, 2012
I hope this is not black power at work. Wish him quick recovery.
Re: Concerns Over Governor Dickson’s Health Rise by GARRIx7(m): 1:57pm On Sep 30, 2012
mike404:
Don't you fink ya madt?

You're also mad!!
Y talk 2 someone who u think is mad!!!
Oya crawl back to ur cage and ensure that you lock the door!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Concerns Over Governor Dickson’s Health Rise by Gbawe: 1:57pm On Sep 30, 2012
didisky: I think all the politicians in Nigeria along with their spouses are sick cause they always seem to be out of the country for one check up or another

They are all gluttons with no self-discipline whatsoever. They fail to understand that too much of everything is bad. I can imagine the greedy diet of many of them. Full of huge amount of red meat and lardy food that causes untold problems for the heart and other vital organs. They get little to no exercise and get chauffeur-driven everywhere as well. They will insist on being driven even a distance of 20 feet. Many of them are simply dying of debauchery and garish opulence.

11 Likes

Re: Concerns Over Governor Dickson’s Health Rise by Ramcie(f): 1:59pm On Sep 30, 2012
My prayers and sincere sympathy goes out to the people of Bayelsa state. I pray their perm sec and Gov. Return in good health (Amin) . Sickness doesn't look at the economic condition of its victim. So sad.
Re: Concerns Over Governor Dickson’s Health Rise by Chanchit: 2:02pm On Sep 30, 2012
So, that Seriake wei be like juan Diablo, Aka, sea pirate sef don go do tha same rest wei dame go, anyway, I hope say them go meet me here in good health sha, if they like make them come back with good health, if them like make them come back in their casket.

1 Like

Re: Concerns Over Governor Dickson’s Health Rise by GARRIx7(m): 2:03pm On Sep 30, 2012
PapaBrowne: The New Strategy:
If you can't get him directly, take out his core loyalists.
The expected result: Somehow, without core loyalists, his protection can easily be compromised. He would also begin to feel insecure and react irrational and probably make massive blunders. Then at his weakest point,they intend to strike!! It will fail.

The first strategy was to intimidate him.
The calculations were that if you bombard the country, given his non military background and his seeming soft outlook, he would get scared and by himself resign from office. It didn't work.

The second strategy was to make the country ungovernable for him.
The calculations were that if you increase the tensions amongst the populace, he would become so unpopular and the people would revolt and literally send him packing. It appeared like it was going to work(especially with the fuel subsidy saga), then suddenly electric power started improving. Again, it didn't work.

They thought about the legal option. They are also tampering with the constitutional option(impeachment). They know it wouldn't work, so they are playing a new one.

The new strategy is to break the fences around him and weaken his protection. To achieve this, they knew his security man had to be out of the way. They are master strategists but their failure is in their underestimation of their prey. The man is an extraordinary strategist himself and as such has won them on all counts.

The sad thing is that they(the strategists) see us, the populace, as pawns in their evil game of chess.

Their last card is Kamikaze. They would seek to destroy everything including themselves and all of us.

One thing is sure. Their plans would fail. As one day, the sun would set on their behinds and they'll realise that the power they wield is transient.

Fool!
Are you trying to blame the opposition for Di.ckson's illness??
You're as daft as the retardeen!!!

15 Likes

Re: Concerns Over Governor Dickson’s Health Rise by Valto(m): 2:15pm On Sep 30, 2012
Oghoro: . Yea,vry true!the illness is stroke or sth similar.I also reside in Yenagoa nd I heard this too.
yeah yeah thats the news in town.. meanwhile AIT yenagoa keep feeding us with news of how he is wooing investors in london grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-Onitsha, Enugu-PH Express Roads / Fayemi Reacts To Vote Of No Confidence By Reps Channels Television / Open Grazing Not Banned In South-East, Our Governors Just Deceiving Us — Ndigbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.