Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,578 members, 7,801,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:37 PM

What Is Hellfire/lake Of Fire/eternal Condemnation? Brethren, Let's Discuss. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Hellfire/lake Of Fire/eternal Condemnation? Brethren, Let's Discuss. (2573 Views)

Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) / Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. / Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Hellfire/lake Of Fire/eternal Condemnation? Brethren, Let's Discuss. by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 30, 2012
That's the question. God is Love. God loves His Creation. What is Hell in the light of that?
Re: What Is Hellfire/lake Of Fire/eternal Condemnation? Brethren, Let's Discuss. by ijawkid(m): 12:12pm On Sep 30, 2012
What's ur take bro ihedinobi...

Let's hear u 1st...

You are the chairman ....:-).....
Re: What Is Hellfire/lake Of Fire/eternal Condemnation? Brethren, Let's Discuss. by KDK(m): 1:49pm On Sep 30, 2012
well, i dont know what you mean by hell. Hell differs from lake of fire. Neways, I hope this video helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqA-PJP7ryU

1 Like

Re: What Is Hellfire/lake Of Fire/eternal Condemnation? Brethren, Let's Discuss. by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 30, 2012
KDK: well, i dont know what you mean by hell. Hell differs from lake of fire. Neways, I hope this video helps.

As I watch this , my spirit screams heresy , heresy.

This guy needs to go back and learn scripture.

Just like the Trinitarians are apt to do , this chap develops an unbiblical theology on just one scripture , which hinges on the parable of the rich man and Lazarus.

Also , the regurgitation of Hal Lindsey's rapture theory is another false doctrine which he propounds.

I warn Christians to beware of the false teachings in this video. Read your bible.

His understanding on this topic is flawed. There is no hell after death. After death is judgement. It is appointed unto man to die once and after that judgement. After death , the wicked are asleep waiting for the resurrection on to judgement.

New Living Translation (©2007)
and they will rise again. Those who have done good will rise to experience eternal life, and those who have continued in evil will rise to experience judgment. - John5:29

It is after this judgement that the wicked are thrown into the lake of fire to be destroyed, not to be tormented for eternity. Read your bible.
Re: What Is Hellfire/lake Of Fire/eternal Condemnation? Brethren, Let's Discuss. by Nobody: 2:53pm On Sep 30, 2012
God is a God of Love , hence his providing men and women with the option of life through his only begotten Son.

He has also made it crystal clear about the consequences of rejecting this offer which is simply eternal death.

If you think God is going to put billions of creatures through an eternity of hell, then you do not understand God.

His anger lasts but for a moment while his mercy endures forever more.

1 Like

Re: What Is Hellfire/lake Of Fire/eternal Condemnation? Brethren, Let's Discuss. by KDK(m): 5:33pm On Sep 30, 2012
frosbel:

As I watch this , my spirit screams heresy , heresy.

This guy needs to go back and learn scripture.

Just like the Trinitarians are apt to do , this chap develops an unbiblical theology on just one scripture , which hinges on the parable of the rich man and Lazarus.

Also , the regurgitation of Hal Lindsey's rapture theory is another false doctrine which he propounds.

I warn Christians to beware of the false teachings in this video. Read your bible.

His understanding on this topic is flawed. There is no hell after death. After death is judgement. It is appointed unto man to die once and after that judgement. After death , the wicked are asleep waiting for the resurrection on to judgement.

New Living Translation (©2007)
and they will rise again. Those who have done good will rise to experience eternal life, and those who have continued in evil will rise to experience judgment. - John5:29

It is after this judgement that the wicked are thrown into the lake of fire to be destroyed, not to be tormented for eternity. Read your bible.

I have read your comment but did you listen to him or read the scriptures he quoted? I doubt because i dont see any where he said the wicked are thrown into the lake of fire before judgement.
Why not watch something properly before condemning? Am sure you never read the book of revelations he used as his main text. Every scripture you quoted above was quoted by him so am lost as to where your arguments are coming from.
One more thing, the OP asked for insights and i posted a link which might be of help, why don't you write something constructive that will shed light on this issue? The amount of energy you spent condemning the video would have been put to better use by throwing more light on the subject because i dont see anything you wrote which was not addressed in that video. You need to take time to study things before jumping to conclusions and condemning them.
Even if he was wrong, there are polite ways of correcting. Some of us here are learning and am open to corrections.
My suggestions is that you e-mail him your concerns about his video so he can make the appropriate correction if he is misleading people. Thank you.
Am out of here. wink

3 Likes

Re: What Is Hellfire/lake Of Fire/eternal Condemnation? Brethren, Let's Discuss. by cleric(m): 5:59pm On Sep 30, 2012
KDK: well, i dont know what you mean by hell. Hell differs from lake of fire. Neways, I hope this video helps.

Educating video but why wasn't he specific on paradise?

1 Like

Re: What Is Hellfire/lake Of Fire/eternal Condemnation? Brethren, Let's Discuss. by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 30, 2012
KDK:

I have read your comment but did you listen to him or read the scriptures he quoted? I doubt because i dont see any where he said the wicked are thrown into the lake of fire before judgement.

Indeed.

He said that the souls of the wicked will be tormented before the judgement , this is false.

Even if he was wrong, there are polite ways of correcting. Some of us here are learning and am open to corrections.

I was not rude, I stated the obvious, we have to be careful what we preach so that others are not misled.
Re: What Is Hellfire/lake Of Fire/eternal Condemnation? Brethren, Let's Discuss. by KDK(m): 7:18pm On Sep 30, 2012
@Frosbel,
Pardon my seeming ignorance, what will the lake of fire be burning after all has been destroyed? Or will it be extinguished?

Secondly,in this ur theory of total annihilation from existence (which many use to console themselves and assuade their conscience) where does what Jesus said in Mark 9:42-47 come in? I quote:

42 “But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea. 43 If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed, rather than having two hands, to go to hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched— 44 where

‘Their worm does not die
And the fire is not quenched.’[d]

45 And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame, rather than having two feet, to be cast into hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched— 46 where

Their worm does not die,
And the fire is not quenched.
’[e]

47 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire— 48 where

‘Their worm does not die
And the fire is not quenched.’[f]

OR WHAT HE said in Matthew 18:8 ? because I dont think the fire will be quenched. wink
“If your hand or foot causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life lame or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet, to be cast into the [b]everlasting fire[/b]. 9 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire.

It is long I saw that video but i remember he mentioned that hell was not designed for man but for fallen angels. Hell is a place of reservation for judgemnt for the fallen angels 2 peter 2:4
For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment;

2 Likes

Re: What Is Hellfire/lake Of Fire/eternal Condemnation? Brethren, Let's Discuss. by Image123(m): 10:02pm On Sep 30, 2012
frosbel:

Indeed.

He said that the souls of the wicked will be tormented before the judgement , this is false.

I was not rude, I stated the obvious, we have to be careful what we preach so that others are not misled.

fan fana fanatic shalom.
Re: What Is Hellfire/lake Of Fire/eternal Condemnation? Brethren, Let's Discuss. by Nobody: 10:28pm On Sep 30, 2012
Image123:
fan fana fanatic shalom.

Tell me , by the definition of Hell bellow which of us is fanatic ?

1. One that believes in :

Death -> Judgement > Hell > Death

or

2. One that believes in :

Death _> Judgement > Hell > eternal torment for zillions of years with absolutely no hope of reprieve.

Tell me Sir, which one wink
Re: What Is Hellfire/lake Of Fire/eternal Condemnation? Brethren, Let's Discuss. by Image123(m): 10:37pm On Sep 30, 2012
try the definition of fanatic.
Re: What Is Hellfire/lake Of Fire/eternal Condemnation? Brethren, Let's Discuss. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 30, 2012
Image123: try the definition of fanatic.

so you would rather not answer my question

Okay ,let me rephrase , a hell of torment for creatures lasting for an endless eternity or eternal death to wicked souls, which one does your reasoning lean towards.

I am waiting.
Re: What Is Hellfire/lake Of Fire/eternal Condemnation? Brethren, Let's Discuss. by Image123(m): 4:13pm On Oct 02, 2012
frosbel:

so you would rather not answer my question

Okay ,let me rephrase , a hell of torment for creatures lasting for an endless eternity or eternal death to wicked souls, which one does your reasoning lean towards.

I am waiting.
It's not making sense, how you'd rather use the definition of hell to define a fanatic, when i'm reasonably asking you to use the direct definition of fanatic.
Any regular user of the section knows that you are a fanatic, open your eyes beloved.
Re: What Is Hellfire/lake Of Fire/eternal Condemnation? Brethren, Let's Discuss. by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 02, 2012
Image123:
It's not making sense, how you'd rather use the definition of hell to define a fanatic, when i'm reasonably asking you to use the direct definition of fanatic.
Any regular user of the section knows that you are a fanatic, open your eyes beloved.

Anyone who believes that a loving GOD will torment his creatures made in his own image in a lake of liquid sulphur for endless ages needs to have his/her head examined.

You might as well convert to Catholicism or ISLAM, they hold very similar beliefs to yours.
Re: What Is Hellfire/lake Of Fire/eternal Condemnation? Brethren, Let's Discuss. by brainpulse: 5:17pm On Oct 02, 2012
Let us Analyse this bible verse and raise some vital questions which I believe will help us.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

1. What is the meaning of the Perish used in that context (because for something to perish means it has no chance of coming back to life)? It could mean a state of destruction, unredeemable state of calamity and everlasting sorrow and rejection.

2. What is Everlasting life and the need for this? Everlasting life means a state of man living perpetually.If man will live perpetually then man will not had experienced the first death. That means there is a second life and that might take eternity after the first death.

3. Why did God want us to live perpetually? I believe we will now go to the rea son why he created Man, the purpose of the first Adam to enjoy and have a relationship with him which He still desires.

4. If God had loved the world so much and wouldnt want anybody to perish in the first place then there would be no reason to allow Jesus to redeem the world. I believe He knew the consequences will be fatal for man if He didnt come with the Plan of Salvation. He saw this and He would do everything to save man if only man took the choice given to him by God.

So if man will not perish and suffer for life then there is no reason for Jesus to come, He could just live man alone since after death nothing happens
Re: What Is Hellfire/lake Of Fire/eternal Condemnation? Brethren, Let's Discuss. by truthislight: 10:20pm On Oct 02, 2012
Image123:

unless i am not a regular user of this section, because i dont think he is a fanatic.

You lied.
Re: What Is Hellfire/lake Of Fire/eternal Condemnation? Brethren, Let's Discuss. by truthislight: 10:24pm On Oct 02, 2012
brainpulse: Let us Analyse this bible verse and raise some vital questions which I believe will help us.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

1. What is the meaning of the Perish used in that context (because for something to perish means it has no chance of coming back to life)? It could mean a state of destruction, unredeemable state of calamity and everlasting sorrow and rejection.

2. What is Everlasting life and the need for this? Everlasting life means a state of man living perpetually.If man will live perpetually then man will not had experienced the first death. That means there is a second life and that might take eternity after the first death.

3. Why did God want us to live perpetually? I believe we will now go to the rea son why he created Man, the purpose of the first Adam to enjoy and have a relationship with him which He still desires.

4. If God had loved the world so much and wouldnt want anybody to perish in the first place then there would be no reason to allow Jesus to redeem the world. I believe He knew the consequences will be fatal for man if He didnt come with the Plan of Salvation. He saw this and He would do everything to save man if only man took the choice given to him by God.

So if man will not perish and suffer for life then there is no reason for Jesus to come, He could just live man alone since after death nothing happens

evil heart.

God is love.
Re: What Is Hellfire/lake Of Fire/eternal Condemnation? Brethren, Let's Discuss. by Image123(m): 11:12pm On Oct 02, 2012
truthislight:

unless i am not a regular user of this section, because i dont think he is a fanatic.

You lied.
what's your former or other handle/s?
Re: What Is Hellfire/lake Of Fire/eternal Condemnation? Brethren, Let's Discuss. by brainpulse: 7:54am On Oct 03, 2012
truthislight:

evil heart.

God is love.

Please take time to read your bible if you are christian and understand God.
God is not and never wicked, but just like every father wil do, will have set of rules and consequences if this rules are not obeyed.
Isaiah 59:1-2
Re: What Is Hellfire/lake Of Fire/eternal Condemnation? Brethren, Let's Discuss. by cyrexx: 8:06am On Oct 03, 2012
brainpulse:

God is not and never wicked, but just like every father will do, will have set of rules and consequences if this rules are not obeyed.

But he designed the consequences for disobedience and created man with natural tendency to disobey his rules, how is this not wickedness?
especially considering that the consequences of disobedience will continue for trillions and trillions of years after the deed has been done and the loving father will NEVER forgive again, even after death

This doesnt make sense

1 Like

Re: What Is Hellfire/lake Of Fire/eternal Condemnation? Brethren, Let's Discuss. by cyrexx: 8:46am On Oct 03, 2012

2 Likes

Re: What Is Hellfire/lake Of Fire/eternal Condemnation? Brethren, Let's Discuss. by truthislight: 9:14am On Oct 03, 2012
brainpulse:

Please take time to read your bible if you are christian and understand God.
God is not and never wicked, but just like every father wil do, will have set of rules and consequences if this rules are not obeyed.
Isaiah 59:1-2

lol.

You have a long way to go.

1 Like

Re: What Is Hellfire/lake Of Fire/eternal Condemnation? Brethren, Let's Discuss. by Delafruita(m): 11:02am On Oct 03, 2012
truthislight:

You lied.
everybody is a fanatic with different levels of fanaticism.
Re: What Is Hellfire/lake Of Fire/eternal Condemnation? Brethren, Let's Discuss. by truthislight: 11:32am On Oct 03, 2012
Delafruita:
everybody is a fanatic with different levels of fanaticism.

that means we are all fans/fanatics and not just frosbel.
Re: What Is Hellfire/lake Of Fire/eternal Condemnation? Brethren, Let's Discuss. by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 03, 2012
Guys, I'd like to clarify the purpose of my question, even though I think that the flow of the discussion is already incorporating the slight change I wish to make. I think it necessary to say that my interest is not in what hell actually or "materially"/"physically" is; I'm more interested in what the idea or concept of hell is.

What is the idea of hell in light of God's Love? Does it show vindictiveness or petty vengefullness on the part of God? Or what?
Re: What Is Hellfire/lake Of Fire/eternal Condemnation? Brethren, Let's Discuss. by Femmymata2(m): 12:49pm On Oct 03, 2012
cyrexx: .
I'm much concerned about how the bible portrayed (the unchanging)God. Bible Gods decision making in several occassions baffles me a lot. 1)cursed eve that she'll experience pain during giving birth which all or most mothers go through 2)cursed adam that he'll sweat b4 the ground yield food for him. We're advanced 3) Was angry because of the sinful nature of man thereby flooding the earth saving noah and ark occupants. Sin resurface immediately the flood dried. 4) God's betting with satan over Jobs faithfulness. I believe satan is the dumbest of the two, why? Does satan not know God is omniscience(all-knowing). I imagine betting with God on the outcome of the U.S Election.
Re: What Is Hellfire/lake Of Fire/eternal Condemnation? Brethren, Let's Discuss. by haibe(m): 6:42pm On Oct 03, 2012
truthislight:

lol.

You have a long way to go.

Even though have never met you, from ur posts i know u are a proud person,.

1 Like

Re: What Is Hellfire/lake Of Fire/eternal Condemnation? Brethren, Let's Discuss. by haibe(m): 6:46pm On Oct 03, 2012
What does eternal punishment mean??

I think that will answer the question of how long one sinners will be in lake of fire.
Re: What Is Hellfire/lake Of Fire/eternal Condemnation? Brethren, Let's Discuss. by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 03, 2012
Hell is for those who believe in it.
Re: What Is Hellfire/lake Of Fire/eternal Condemnation? Brethren, Let's Discuss. by haibe(m): 7:17pm On Oct 03, 2012
ifeness: Hell is for those who believe in it.

Even for those who do not! (As long as they are sinners), It doesnt matter what you believe but what is true.

You can close ur eye and say the sun is not shinning but it is, ur believe doesnt stop reality, u can even believe the sky is green but that doesnt change the fact that it is blue.

Thus, u dont have to believe that there is hell, whether u believe or not it doesnt change the fact that all sinners will go to hell. Its very easy to deceive yourself.
Re: What Is Hellfire/lake Of Fire/eternal Condemnation? Brethren, Let's Discuss. by Image123(m): 7:35pm On Oct 03, 2012
hehehehe, just like death, right? repent or go to hell literally.
haibe:

Even for those who do not! (As long as they are sinners), It doesnt matter what you believe but what is true.

You can close ur eye and say the sun is not shinning but it is, ur believe doesnt stop reality, u can even believe the sky is green but that doesnt change the fact that it is blue.

Thus, u dont have to believe that there is hell, whether u believe or not it doesnt change the fact that all sinners will go to hell. Its very easy to deceive yourself.
hehehehe, just like death, right? repent or go to hell literally.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ex-christian: Why I Stopped Believing Religion. / Rhema For Living Devotional (Back Online) / In What Chronological Order Did God Create The Features Of The World?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.