Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? (17234 Views)

Poll: If the wife is the breadwinner, is the husband still the "head"?

Yes: 75% (93 votes)
No: 24% (30 votes)
This poll has ended

Guy Brought His Oyinbo Wife Back Home & His Family Members Were Astonished -pics / Jobless Husband Beats Pregnant Wife Over Failure To Remit Monthly Salary / Beautiful Pictures Of A Nairalander And His Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by efuah(f): 4:33pm On Jan 22, 2008
Gosh, i didn't logout. . . . so av been online since embarassed

almondjoy:

Thank you for your kind and civilized response. You are a role model anyday and I am going to be like you when I "grow" up! kiss
cheesy abi o. . . gat no time for a child's rants/seethe tongue kiss
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by Dalby(m): 10:54pm On Jan 22, 2008
almondjoy:

May I let you know in advance that jobless heads of the household usually have the "weakest" of all kinds of erections!---because of low self esteem cheesy They become impotent within quickly when they are jobless.

Mine stays strong all year round because the power of a sexy man is in the ability to "provide" for his family without fail! But of course, you guys will settle for anything at these ages here on Nairaland---(23-30) in your lives since most of you have a hard time finding a husband! grin Perpetual students!

I hope your campaign on Nairaland works! grin Just be prepared to feed these men here on Nairaland for the rest of your natural lives. Most are perpetual students with no gainfull employment--so you ladies here will be in high demand!
I beg make una carry go jo! Helpers of Jobless heads of "the shoe box households"!

efuah:

Gosh, i didn't logout. . . . so av been online since embarassed
cheesy abi o. . . gat no time for a child's rants/seethe tongue kiss
cheesy

I think we are all above this, somebody does not agree with your point of view on a particular subject does not make you guys enemies. Trying to muscle people down to agree with our point of view is actually a fruitless waste of energy.

Deepak Chopra said, while interviewing a famous writer Neil Donald Walsch said that " There are very few humans on this planet who have done more to expand our purposes, to enlarge our understanding, and to enrich our experience of our holy self"

Neil on the otherhand said in that interview that "there are 2 types of people on this planet, those that know and those that do not know."

[1] There are those who know, but don't know that they know
[2] There are those who do not know, but don't know that they do not know
[3] There are those who do not know, and they know that they do not know and are willing to learn
[4] There are those who do not know but think that they know
[5] There are those that know and know that they know

the people in no. 2 are like children, innocent and should be nurtured
the people in no. 3 try to teach them
the people in no. 4 are very dangerous and should be avoided
the people in no. 5 do not follow them, because if they know, they would not have you follow them. Listen to them carefully because they might remind you of something you already know because in the reminding there is the delicious moment of awareness.
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by pahtahkee: 12:04am On Jan 23, 2008
almondjoy:

You dey krase? cheesy At least "them" nefa ban me this year so make you carry your badluck dey go abeg!

mrpataki!

Who be ''mrpataki'' Have you taken your sepe this morning? cheesy cheesy

Hope you are doing great! kiss kiss

@ dremoney,
Leave almondjoy alone. She is a warrior at sarcasm.
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by playmate(f): 12:11am On Jan 23, 2008
almondjoy:

Like a spaceship with a real captain of course! Unlike yours with a shitty jobless head of a cardboard box of a house hold! kiss

u seem 2 type frm xperience so am nt surprised,mind u ders no way my household is gonna b like dat u no y? cs i was brought up well enuf 2 no my duties nd my rights as a woman nd as an individual.mayb if u were brought up in a different environment u wuld av a different idealogue.anyways i hope u sort out urself quickly.am really above xchangin words wit u,so u cn keep on . . . . . . .
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by almondjoy(f): 1:34am On Jan 23, 2008
playmate:

u seem 2 type frm xperience so am nt surprised,mind u ders no way my household is going to b like that u no y? cs i was brought up well enough 2 no my duties nd my rights as a woman nd as an individual.mayb if u were brought up in a different environment u wuld av a different idealogue.anyways i hope u sort out yourself quickly.am really above xchangin words wit u,so u cn keep on . . . . . . .

Hey! Lighten up and take a joke ok? kiss
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by tosruyi(m): 2:10am On Jan 23, 2008
lol, This is a funny question. I enjoy it.
Biblically, and of course following societal norm, the man is the head of the house whether he has a job or not, but I think it will be very difficult for him to play out his role if he does not have a job
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by efuah(f): 9:29am On Jan 23, 2008
@Dalby
What point of view of mine was the guy in disagreement with? Calling me a nose poker? A jobless fellow who does nothing but sniffs into neighbour's marital affairs? He only came to fight, if not, he wld have taken his time to read n wld know the Genesis of it all. . . . so i hope u're not trying to tell me to insult back or waste another time to explain "everything" to him again. . . that a waste of my precious time wink

I have the strength of a man to defend good points and argue of judicious issues, but am very weak. . . i mean too weak to insult n argue abt nonsensical babbling!!!

am gone. kiss
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by U1(m): 10:54am On Jan 23, 2008
Of course, he is. But he should GO GET A JOB! God forbid, if that kain thing happen to me, infact I go dey shame to even let people know say I dey house, talkless of to come dey beat the loving woman.

That's why I always dey pity all these women wey no know anything pass money, not even caring to think that nothing last forever, that fellow who has all the things go for him now may turn to something else tomorrow if situation should change. Marry for love people, not money.
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by efuah(f): 11:07am On Jan 23, 2008
U1:

Of course, he is. But he should GO GET A JOB! God forbid, if that kain thing happen to me, infact I go dey shame to even let people know say I dey house, talkless of to come dey beat the loving woman.

That's why I always dey pity all these women wey no know anything pass money, not even caring to think that nothing last forever, that fellow who has all the things go for him now may turn to something else tomorrow if situation should change. Marry for love people, not money.
Amen! wink
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by Dalby(m): 12:52pm On Jan 23, 2008
@Efuah

Was not talking to you specifically, but was talking to all posters on this thread. NO NEED FOR THE FIGHT wink
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by deols(f): 1:09pm On Jan 23, 2008
The man is the Head no matter what but a reasonable one
won't boast with nothing to show for it.
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by segunpc(m): 1:46pm On Jan 23, 2008
A Man is the head of the house no matter how poor and irresponsible the man might be!

it is clearly stated in the bible.

and i don't think anyone is going to change that now or never.

but women should endevour to pray for their husbands to be well okay.
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 23, 2008
segunpc:

A Man is the head of the house no matter how poor and irresponsible the man might be!

it is clearly stated in the bible.

and i don't think anyone is going to change that now or never.

but women should endevour to pray for their husbands to be well okay.

Can they do something else apart from praying?
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by almondjoy(f): 11:22am On Jan 24, 2008
michelin89:

Can they do something else apart from praying?

Yes! Make them go find work! Queue up with the agberos and mould some bricks abi na blocks--make una belle come down small.  And stop making excuses!  Leave the house and don't ever come back without a job!  We don't want to see their lazy behinds watching ESPN 7 days a week with unattractive, beer bellies! kiss

When the children are asked in school --what does your daddy do--- the only answer that can be given with any straight face is:

My daddy sleeps all day and all night like my pregnant mommy! cheesy---True story! grin

Sometimes as children, we cannot tell who is really "expecting" in most Nigerian homes! cheesy  Everybody get belle!
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by Dalby(m): 12:41pm On Jan 24, 2008
almondjoy:

Yes! Make them go find work! Queue up with the agberos and mould some bricks abi na blocks--make una belle come down small.

Will you give your daughters hand in marriage to an agbero or block moulder, say the truth and shame the devil lipsrsealed

almondjoy:

And stop making excuses! Leave the house and don't ever come back without a job! We don't want to see their lazy behinds watching ESPN 7 days a week with unattractive, beer bellies! kiss

grin grin grin That means that there is still money for cable bill and beer

almondjoy:

When the children are asked in school --what does your daddy do--- the only answer that can be given with any straight face is:

My daddy sleeps all day and all night like my pregnant mommy! cheesy---True story! grin

Sometimes as children, we cannot tell who is really "expecting" in most Nigerian homes! cheesy Everybody get belle!

My daddy is a businessman, who does not have fixed work hours like those people made to work like a herd of bullocks cool cool cool
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by efuah(f): 2:12pm On Jan 24, 2008
almond n Dalby. . . lol, i won't allow u both to killi me with lafta for hie o grin
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by almondjoy(f): 7:45am On Jan 25, 2008
Dalby:

Will you give your daughters hand in marriage to an agbero or block moulder, say the truth and shame the devil lipsrsealed

grin grin grin That means that there is still money for cable bill and beer

My daddy is a businessman, who does not have fixed work hours like those people made to work like a herd of bullocks cool cool cool

Why can't I give my daughters' hands in marriage to an agbero or block moulder? cheesy  They chose to be with the agberos and I must respect their choices.  I am not a "fussy" parent.  BTW, American "bricklayers" make lots of money if I may enlighten you.

Welfare money or "unemployment" can still go a long way for cable and booze! That is whey we want your guys to work. So as not to use up all you unempoyment benefits before you are 65 years young!

You still get daddy? shocked Please you guys should stop deceiving us on Nairaland! cheesy
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by Shinatu: 8:45am On Jan 25, 2008
Like someone rightly said it is simply a man's world.
Every one knows what a wife's responsibilities are and most men cannot and will not accept any excuse
to default so why all these excuses and reasonings for the inability of a man to carryout the only responsibility that a husband is known for?

I say 'only' because I have looked at many homes in Nigeria and I can see that the only thing a man
beleives he should do is to provide financial means which most of them do grudgingly, reminding the wife from time to time, that he is not 'plucking the money from a tree'

If it happens that he cannot play this major role , please what does that make him 'useless' is it not it?

God is God to me because when I was yet a sinner He died for me! That is what makes Christ the head of the Church!

Nigeria1 said if you do not want your useless husband, let him go, there are many other women out there who will grab him, I think that is why many men are useless today, women are desperate for just anything 'so far they call me Mrs'!
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by efuah(f): 9:15am On Jan 25, 2008
awwwwwww Shinatu, whie av u been since you just made my morning o grin
Shinatu:

Like someone rightly said it is simply a man's world.
Every one knows what a wife's responsibilities are and most men cannot and will not accept any excuse
to default so why all these excuses and reasonings for the inability of a man to carryout the only responsibility that a husband is known for?

I say 'only' because I have looked at many homes in Nigeria and I can see that the only thing a man
beleives he should do is to provide financial means which most of them do grudgingly, reminding the wife from time to time, that he is not 'plucking the money from a tree'

If it happens that he cannot play this major role , please what does that make him 'useless' is it not it?

God is God to me because when I was yet a sinner He died for me! That is what makes Christ the head of the Church!

Nigeria1 said if you do not want your useless husband, let him go, there are many other women out there who will grab him, I think that is why many men are useless today, women are desperate for just anything 'so far they call me Mrs'!
The last part sweets me most kiss. . . this is why o, like a cousin of mine. . . he always argue; husbands are difficult to find these days angry kapish!! I don't need an "object head of the family" i need a real head! tongue some women sef na wa! lipsrsealed
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by Dalby(m): 9:53am On Jan 25, 2008
almondjoy:

Why can't I give my daughters' hands in marriage to an agbero or block moulder? cheesy They chose to be with the agberos and I must respect their choices. I am not a "fussy" parent. BTW, American "bricklayers" make lots of money if I may enlighten you.

Welfare money or "unemployment" can still go a long way for cable and booze! That is whey we want your guys to work. So as not to use up all you unempoyment benefits before you are 65 years young!

You still get daddy? shocked Please you guys should stop deceiving us on Nairaland! cheesy

In Port Harcourt, a bricklayer is paid between N2000 and N2500 a day depending on his negotiating power, while a helper is paid N800 to N1000 a day. This translates to arround $18 for the bricklayer a day and about $7 for the helper. They stay at certain junctions waiting for people building their houses to come and pick them. 22 days of the week is not often certain if I may enlighten you kiss kiss kiss

In Nigeria there is no welfare package for the jobless in case you have forgoten, so beer and cable is out of the question embarassed

My dad is still hail and hearty, I am sure you are wondering how I got to where I am at this age Well it is a combination of hardwork, the ability to identify opportunities, using such opportunities and my trust in the Almighty . Everyone in my family is so proud of me grin grin grin
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by ibrahiem(m): 2:52pm On Jan 25, 2008
if she fit piss into a bottle then she can ascend da thrown of bossman
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by efuah(f): 3:07pm On Jan 25, 2008
lmao ibrahiem. . . .  grin i fit do am, in fact well well tongue
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by tpia: 5:50pm On Jan 25, 2008
ibrahiem:

if she fit piss into a bottle then she can ascend da thrown of bossman

interesting.

so pissing into a bottle is a measure of manliness now? shocked
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by NikkiD: 11:21pm On Jan 27, 2008
'so pissing into a bottle is a measure of manliness now?' LOL!

Think if I was in that wifes role I would have to accept that he is still the head of the house if that's the commitment made when they married but my respect for him would probably have disappeared if he proved to be that lazy. I hope any self respecting man would get his backside into gear rather than have his wife look at him with disappointment.
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by Shinatu: 8:37am On Jan 28, 2008
Almondjoy joy is just being practical, she may be a bit aggressive but I think she chooses this method because that is the only way to get the message across to a male dominated world that thinks a man is man and head of a home whatever he does.

To all the females on this thread who believe they can remain sweet and nice whether their husbands have jobs or not, please wait until it happens, endure for about 1year and come back to the thread to let us know how sweet and sexy you were!

To all telling almondjoy that her suggestions are not practicable in Nigeria, what is not practicable about a man going to another town to drive a taxi to sustain his family?

@Almondjoy

You may have to take it easy on these guys, these mode of thinking you are battling with has been passed from generations to generations. Some men sat under the village Iroko tree many years ago and in the process of playing draft and drinking palm wine, decided what women should do and what they cannot do (to protect their own ego and 'position') and it became tradition!
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by almondjoy(f): 9:40am On Jan 28, 2008
Shinatu:

Almondjoy joy is just being practical, she may be a bit aggressive but I think she chooses this method because that is the only way to get the message across to a male dominated world that thinks a man is man and head of a home whatever he does.

To all the females on this thread who believe they can remain sweet and nice whether their husbands have jobs or not, please wait until it happens, endure for about 1year and come back to the thread to let us know how sweet and sexy you were!

To all telling almondjoy that her suggestions are not practicable in Nigeria, what is not practicable about a man going to another town to drive a taxi to sustain his family?

@Almondjoy

You may have to take it easy on these guys, these mode of thinking you are battling with has been passed from generations to generations. Some men sat under the village Iroko tree many years ago and in the process of playing draft and drinking palm wine, decided what women should do and what they cannot do (to protect their own ego and 'position') and it became tradition!

He he he he he he he he he he he he he! Abeg no make me laff this morning.  I just love to fight men sha!  Dem no dey hear word! cheesy

Na to beat them remain!

Thanks sha.  I will see if they will listen to you with your soft touch.  Just tell them to go and find employment and stay employed!

As for the females, what do you expect? undecided  Most of them saw their mothers as bread winners while their fathers tied wrapper around their pantless waists 24/7 heading the household--While swinging their short pendulums! cheesy  Can you blame them?
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 28, 2008
God ordained for a Man to be the head of the home. Job or no job. Ladies (especially working class), please dont forget that. as for you Jobless man, try to be a little more sensitive to your wife and help out at home when you know she must be tired form work. Its your responsibility, not a favour. If you cant make money, you might as well make yourself useful in some other areas. That dosent make you less of a man, it makes you more responsible towards you family. Is a jobless man the head of his family?? There's no doubt he is.
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by Dalby(m): 10:19am On Jan 28, 2008
Shinatu:

How did the male dominance start
You come with women liberation and womens rights movement, you preached the equality of a man and a woman, no problem. I saw a bus develop problems a couple of days ago at UNIPORT, the vehicle had a bad kick starter. To get the vehicle running again, the perssengers will have to push the bus. What I saw happen is that all the guys came out to do just that and no single lady made any attempt to come out of the bus to assist. Even if you do not want to assist do not increase the weight of the bus. You cannot always eat your cake and have it. When it sooths you you insist that you are a woman and want all the rights of the so called "weaker sex" and later when it doesn't, you insist on equality shocked What a world

Shinatu:

If you are talking from experience, then we will listen, else your assertion still remains a hypothesis like the others. We all have our different capacities of withstanding stress. If you cannot do it does not mean that somebody else cannot.

Shinatu:

Provide the taxi for the man to drive, na there we stop. Why should he go to another state to drive taxi Anyone not matured enough to know that life is full of ups and downs does not deserve to be called an adult.

Shinatu:

@Almondjoy

How come it is the same story the world over. There were no communications equipment for them to communicate in those days, or did they all agree to sit done at the iroko trees in all the continents of the world to decide the same thing
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by efuah(f): 2:13pm On Jan 28, 2008
hia!! Dalby too can argue tongue. . . . bite me if u can tongue
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by Dalby(m): 2:24pm On Jan 28, 2008
wetin be the arguement now, na me say make the truth dey bitter? grin
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by efuah(f): 4:17pm On Jan 28, 2008
I wanted u to bite real deep. . . . but sorry, u gat only 3 teeth grin. . . sorry tongue tongue
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by Dalby(m): 6:59pm On Jan 28, 2008
I am not a cannibal and I sure hope you are not hoping I will bite real deep undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? / Only The Woman Knows Who The Father Of Her Child Is / Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.