Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? (17235 Views)

Poll: If the wife is the breadwinner, is the husband still the "head"?

Yes: 75% (93 votes)
No: 24% (30 votes)
This poll has ended

Guy Brought His Oyinbo Wife Back Home & His Family Members Were Astonished -pics / Jobless Husband Beats Pregnant Wife Over Failure To Remit Monthly Salary / Beautiful Pictures Of A Nairalander And His Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by almondjoy(f): 10:23pm On Jan 28, 2008
Dalby:

How did the male dominance start
You come with women liberation and womens rights movement, you preached the equality of a man and a woman, no problem. I saw a bus develop problems a couple of days ago at UNIPORT, the vehicle had a bad kick starter. To get the vehicle running again, the perssengers will have to push the bus. What I saw happen is that all the guys came out to do just that and no single lady made any attempt to come out of the bus to assist. Even if you do not want to assist do not increase the weight of the bus. You cannot always eat your cake and have it. When it sooths you you insist that you are a woman and want all the rights of the so called "weaker sex" and later when it doesn't, you insist on equality shocked What a world

If you are talking from experience, then we will listen, else your assertion still remains a hypothesis like the others. We all have our different capacities of withstanding stress. If you cannot do it does not mean that somebody else cannot.

Provide the taxi for the man to drive, na there we stop. Why should he go to another state to drive taxi Anyone not matured enough to know that life is full of ups and downs does not deserve to be called an adult.

How come it is the same story the world over. There were no communications equipment for them to communicate in those days, or did they all agree to sit done at the iroko trees in all the continents of the world to decide the same thing

My friend, you should commend the man for finding worthy employement instead of suggesting the family "eats" maturity and watch ups and downs for entertainment. He fed his family did he not?

efuah:

hia!! Dalby too can argue tongue. . . . bite me if u can tongue

He is just "pouting" not arguing! tongue
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jan 28, 2008
Una still dey here dey discuss? Why not apply your rules to your family and see if they work?

Hypothesis formulated, move forward to experiment and conclusions!
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by Dalby(m): 6:34am On Jan 29, 2008
almondjoy:

My friend, you should commend the man for finding worthy employment instead of suggesting the family "eats" maturity and watch ups and downs for entertainment. He fed his family did he not?
He is just "pouting" not arguing! tongue

All hail the cab driver!
All hail the cab driver!!
All hail the cab driver!!!
Long live the cab drivers

Read well and understand me "I NO SAY WHY HIM DRIVE TAXI?, I CLAP FOR AM SEF" what I said is that he did not have to go to another state to do it. If he did that for his ego and pride, then that is a new problem on its own. If he stayed back to drive the cab, then those that would have been laughing were nit fit to be called adults, because it is only children that do not acknowledge that life is filled with ups and downs and that the only thing that is constant is change cry

I BEG WHICH BAD THING I TALK THERE Hope you were not a bully while you were younger lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by Dalby(m): 6:39am On Jan 29, 2008
michelin89:

Una still dey here dey discuss? Why not apply your rules to your family and see if they work?

Its worked for me thus far

michelin89:

Hypothesis formulated, move forward to experiment and conclusions!

ha ha ha very funny grin grin grin
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by efuah(f): 12:13pm On Jan 29, 2008
Dalby:

Its worked for me thus far
Thank God.
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by Shinatu: 12:42pm On Jan 29, 2008
Selfishness yields the same results all over the world no matter the method of expression
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by Dalby(m): 1:36pm On Jan 29, 2008
Shinatu:

Selfishness yields the same results all over the world no matter the method of expression
Please be elaborate so you are not misquoted, and we are all on the same page wink wink wink
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by almondjoy(f): 1:48pm On Jan 30, 2008
Dalby:

All hail the cab driver!
All hail the cab driver!!
All hail the cab driver!!!
Long live the cab drivers

Read well and understand me "I NO SAY WHY HIM DRIVE TAXI?, I CLAP FOR AM SEF" what I said is that he did not have to go to another state to do it. If he did that for his ego and pride, then that is a new problem on its own. If he stayed back to drive the cab, then those that would have been laughing were nit fit to be called adults, because it is only children that do not acknowledge that life is filled with ups and downs and that the only thing that is constant is change cry

I BEG WHICH BAD THING I TALK THERE Hope you were not a bully while you were younger lipsrsealed undecided

It just means that it is more lucrative to drive a cab in NYC than to do so in Alabama!  Please read between the lines!  Your analysis of certain issues seriously leaves a whole lot to be desired! Bully? Is that the same thing as an assertive reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal woman--La femme Nakita?

For submission qualities, please take the next left--for you surely have missed your way!--Take your Bible with you too! kiss

I can only wish you well! kiss
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by solutionsg: 2:34pm On Jan 30, 2008
Hi,

Thanks babree,

youth of today think that becos they have fancy jobs that makes them the head. well as an african woman working class, men should know that there is more to just mr biggs, do you have what it takes to keep a home.

( in moderate terms to start with) housing, mobility e.t.c the little things that life makes us comfortable with.
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by efuah(f): 3:30pm On Jan 30, 2008
almondjoy:

For submission qualities, please take the next left--for you surely have missed your way!--Take your Bible with you too! kiss

lol grin grin grin
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by holythug(m): 6:56pm On Jan 30, 2008
@ efuah lmao
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by Dalby(m): 10:18pm On Jan 30, 2008
almondjoy:

It just means that it is more lucrative to drive a cab in NYC than to do so in Alabama! Please read between the lines! Your analysis of certain issues seriously leaves a whole lot to be desired! Bully? Is that the same thing as an assertive reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal woman--La femme Nakita?

Between the lines is empty, try reading between line #1 and line #2 below

Line #1

Line #2

Please what is between the lines

Why e be say anything when I talk dey pain you for body

I have only one question, if you can answer frankly then I will rest my case.
Is it possible for a graduate who has lost his job to let go of his pride and decide to do any thing to survive like drive a cab. Also because people in his immediate environment know that he is a graduate, decides to go to another state where he is not known. That way he keeps food on the table and does not give room to his neighbours to gossip about the turn of events and save face. (lets say at least in Nigeria)
If yes, that was the angle that I was coming from embarassed

"laisse pas entrent dans les langues pour d'autres. Vous avez sans doute trouvé votre match"
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by Dalby(m): 10:27pm On Jan 30, 2008
@Almondjoy

better put, "permettez-nous pas d'entrer dans les langues pour d'autres, mais vous avez sans doute trouvé votre match ici."
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by almondjoy(f): 6:17am On Jan 31, 2008
Dalby:

Between the lines is empty, try reading between line #1 and line #2 below

Line #1

Line #2

Please what is between the lines

Why e be say anything when I talk dey pain you for body

I have only one question, if you can answer frankly then I will rest my case.
Is it possible for a graduate who has lost his job to let go of his pride and decide to do any thing to survive like drive a cab. Also because people in his immediate environment know that he is a graduate, decides to go to another state where he is not known.

That way he keeps food on the table and does not give room to his neighbours to gossip about the turn of events and save face. (lets say at least in Nigeria)
If yes, that was the angle that I was coming from embarassed

"laisse pas entrent dans les langues pour d'autres. Vous avez sans doute trouvé votre match"

I dey laff!  Let go of which pride? undecided  Your above write up just proves to me that you are still a kid!  You have a lot of growing up to do.  Please next time we are discussing matters like this, Nigeria does not even come into the picture ok?  Simply because your priorities are mixed up over there.  In fact, you have no priorities over there.  Please we are talking of "the civilized" world not 20th world mentalities of "gossip relishing"!!!!
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by Dalby(m): 6:53am On Jan 31, 2008
almondjoy:

I dey laff! Let go of which pride? undecided Your above write up just proves to me that you are still a kid! You have a lot of growing up to do. Please next time we are discussing matters like this, Nigeria does not even come into the picture ok? Simply because your priorities are mixed up over there. In fact, you have no priorities over there. Please we are taklking of "the civilized" world not 20th world mentalities of "gossip relishing"!!!!

Well I am older than you for one

And two you have actually lost your roots and identity. Why when it sooths you, you claim fully Nigerian from Edo North and when it doesn't you are an American-Nigerian, please make up your mind and have an identity. Always trying to eat your cake and have it.
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by Dalby(m): 7:04am On Jan 31, 2008
Sorry, for the records, you never really answered my question for me to rest my case tongue
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by almondjoy(f): 8:39am On Jan 31, 2008
Dalby:

Well I am older than you for one

And two you have actually lost your roots and identity. Why when it sooths you, you claim fully Nigerian from Edo North and when it doesn't you are an American-Nigerian, please make up your mind and have an identity. Always trying to eat your cake and have it.

That is fine!  I can't change where I come from.  I do have an identity that I am proud of!  Thank you.  I am stuck with it so I have to deal with it that way.  Next time, I have petitioned God otherwise! tongue

Dalby:

Sorry, for the records, you never really answered my question for me to rest my case tongue

It was a stupid question and I really would not dignify that with a response! Only a Nigerian will ask that kind of question and I refuse to sink that low! kiss You are very childish! embarassed
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by Dalby(m): 9:20am On Jan 31, 2008
almondjoy:

That is fine! I can't change where I come from. I do have an identity that I am proud of! Thank you. I am stuck with it
so I have to deal with it that way. Next time, I have petitioned God otherwise! tongue

Well said you are not Nigerian because things are not working well for Nigeria no probs.

almondjoy:

It was a stupid question and I really would not dignify that with a response! Only a Nigerian will ask that kind of question and I refuse to sink that low! kiss You are very childish! embarassed

When person no agree with your "All wise" opinions, the person is very childish. I cannot be lead by the nose because you say so. What gives me cause for worry, is the way you insult Nigeria and Nigerians. I can really imagine what folks in your neighbourhood feel about Nigeria and Nigerians. Like you said you are stuck being Nigerian and at every point, I trust American will rob it in your face.

If you like tell them say all Nigerians na thief, when something lost, na you go be the first suspect grin grin grin
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by Dalby(m): 9:27am On Jan 31, 2008
Meant to say Americans will rub it in your face.

See what happened to MJ, who wanted to be white by all means, a word is enough for the wise lipsrsealed
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by nedsly: 10:22am On Jan 31, 2008
have u girls ever imagined yourself in a family where mum insults dad because he lost his job

it has notin to do with joblessness, any such woman will do same if she earns higher that her husband
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jan 31, 2008
nedsly:

have u girls ever imagined yourself in a family where mum insults dad because he lost his job

it has notin to do with joblessness, any such woman will do same if she earns higher that her husband

You must be going through hard times with your wife insulting you everyday. pele! cry
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by almondjoy(f): 1:35pm On Jan 31, 2008
Dalby:

Meant to say Americans will rub it in your face.

See what happened to MJ, who wanted to be white by all means, a word is enough for the wise lipsrsealed

You are getting sorrier by the minute! cry
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by fathfam(f): 2:05pm On Jan 31, 2008
Insha Allah the Man His family of the Family no matter what hapned , wid or witout Shedas
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by efuah(f): 11:43am On Feb 01, 2008
hmmmmm, i ope this does nt end in a fight. . . Militia, i know u can do better kiss

Dalby. . .hw far wink

how is my little Mavis doing? smiley
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by almondjoy(f): 2:20pm On Feb 01, 2008
efuah:

hmmmmm, i ope this does nt end in a fight. . . Militia, i know u can do better kiss

Dalby. . .hw far wink

Which kain fight? cheesy  The guy wants to take me into the "bush" with his kind of discussion and I am too smart to be used for cheap rituals! I justn had to slowly tune him out! Begin call Mr. Jackson name for inside this matter. undecided  I think nothing else to discuss here.  Everyone gets what they wish for.  Goodluck and no probs at all. Thanks for keeping me awake at work guys!

I gat mine! kiss

Happy SuperBowl 42 dear Sis-in-law!
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Feb 01, 2008
efuah:

I am doing super cool! cool
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by Dalby(m): 9:47am On Feb 02, 2008
almondjoy:

Which kain fight? cheesy The guy wants to take me into the "bush" with his kind of discussion and I am too smart to be used for cheap rituals! I justn had to slowly tune him out! Begin call Mr. Jackson name for inside this matter. undecided I think nothing else to discuss here. Everyone gets what they wish for. Goodluck and no probs at all. Thanks for keeping me awake at work guys!

I gat mine! kiss

Happy SuperBowl 42 dear Sis-in-law!

grin grin grin I will not answer that
Hope I am part of those being thanked for keeping you awake wink so the bills keeps streaming in smiley

efuah:

Dalby. . .hw far wink

I no go fight for another person wahala, infact she is my sister from Edo state, so no fights. We will settle back home when the elders gather under the iroko tree grin grin grin
How far, I dey o, have been under small work pressure, but we are keeping head above water.
How your end now, hope all is cool?
Hope you are watching the matches o!!!
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by almondjoy(f): 10:29am On Feb 02, 2008
Dalby:

grin grin grin I will not answer that
Hope I am part of those being thanked for keeping you awake wink so the bills keeps streaming in smiley

I no go fight for another person wahala, infact she is my sister from Edo state, so no fights. We will settle back home when the elders gather under the iroko tree grin grin grin
How far, I dey o, have been under small work pressure, but we are keeping head above water.
How your end now, hope all is cool?
Hope you are watching the matches o!!!

Ooooooh oooooooooooooooh!!!!  You no now that I do not fight anyone from Edo State---including my pet peeve Gamine with all her religious melodrama. cheesy  You for tell me since now.  You know I am new to Naira-"Dagger"-- "Jaga Jaga"--Land. tongue  No need to go to the elders at all.  Infact I am handing out the Olive branch.  Don't tell me you are from Sabongidda Ora too.  I love those people too much-- cool.  They are just as peaceful as people from Agenegbode--except me of course.  Na the Igbo and Yoruba spirits for my blood the trouble me---they are always fighting inside ma arse.  Abeg no ves at all! cheesy

Now post your picture let me see if you are as cute as the handsome guy "Kojeiwa".

I was fighting him till I saw how handsome he was and my heart just melted.  I just looked like one of my sons them like so---a handsome hunk of a devil.   cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin.  In fact I love Micheal Jackson because of you.

Korrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr  Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrra!!!! cheesy

Efuah would love this! tongue
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by dee02(m): 3:26pm On Feb 02, 2008
as long as he has a head on his di*k then he his

grin
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Feb 02, 2008
Bastaaaaaaaaaaa con questo argomento. Non ne possiamo più!

It's high time you guys put this thread to rest.
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by efuah(f): 9:34am On Feb 04, 2008
Yeah almond, am loving it grin in fact i was in my closet praying for you both grin grin. . . but stop loving anyhow oh! what's with kojeiwa n MJ? am warnning u o angry

BTW, how u dey? kiss

Mavis, the thread don suffer too much blows. grin
Re: Is A Jobless Man The Head Of His Family? by almondjoy(f): 1:39pm On Feb 04, 2008
efuah:

Yeah almond, am loving it grin in fact i was in my closet praying for you both grin grin. . . but stop loving anyhow oh! what's with kojeiwa n MJ? am warnning u o angry

BTW, how u dey? kiss

Mavis, the thread don suffer too much blows. grin

Mavis is sick of the thread I see.  Too may blows I say.  But it is all one love now! kiss

Ah-ah?  Sweet sis-in-law, I was only teasing ke! cheesy  You  no trust me again?  I no fit marry anybody from Edo State.  We are all related. cool  No fights either.  I do not like Michael Jackson, so when my worthy opponent mentioned him, I had a sick feeling in ma stomach.  But all is well now.

We are great over here.  Enjoy life to the fullest as always.  I trust the handsome little one is doing great.

WOW!!!! Love your pic!!! You are looking too pretty and rested. I think it is time for another little one.  Hurry up please--I can't wait! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Who Should Be A Married Woman's Next Of Kin? / Only The Woman Knows Who The Father Of Her Child Is / Why Are There Too Many Poor People Who Cannot Take Care Of Their Families?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.