Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,867 members, 7,798,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil, Was It Sexx??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil, Was It Sexx??? (5367 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / Man Already Had The Knowledge Of Good & Evil Even Before He Ate The Fruit / The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil, Was It Sexx??? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 30, 2012
Was the tree of the knowledge of Good & Evil symbolically referring to sexx I've always wondered why Jesus (The last Adam according to 1 Corinthians 15:45) had nothing to do with women & also why God created Eve for the first Adam when He knew she would end up luring him into sin
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil, Was It Sexx??? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 30, 2012
i believe the 'tree of knowledge of good and evil' is an euphemism for 'FREEWILL'
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil, Was It Sexx??? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Sep 30, 2012
obadiah777: i believe the 'tree of knowledge of good and evil' is an euphemism for 'FREEWILL'

Free will I thought free will was there at the beginning, even before Adam sinned Man was created with free will remember; maybe he kinda use his free will on something evil (like sexx), what do you think Thanks for d contribution though
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil, Was It Sexx??? by Callotti: 2:27pm On Sep 30, 2012
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil, Was It Sexx??? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 30, 2012
seriallink:

Free will I thought free will was there at the beginning, even before Adam sinned Man was created with free will remember; maybe he kinda use his free will on something evil (like sexx), what do you think Thanks for d contribution though
ITS JUST A THOUGHT. LIKE SAY 'DO NOT INDULGE YOUR FREEWILL TO DO BAD' SAME AS SAYING 'DO NOT EAT OF THE TREE OF GOOD AND EVIL' ? MAKES SENSE ? MAYBE NOT ? THATS JUST MY TAKE ON IT THOUGH.

2 Likes

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil, Was It Sexx??? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 30, 2012
obadiah777: ITS JUST A THOUGHT. LIKE SAY 'DO NOT INDULGE YOUR FREEWILL TO DO BAD' SAME AS SAYING 'DO NOT EAT OF THE TREE OF GOOD AND EVIL' ? MAKES SENSE ? MAYBE NOT ? THATS JUST MY TAKE ON IT THOUGH.

Yeah, that makes sense
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil, Was It Sexx??? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 30, 2012
Callotti: Over to the 'Ogbonge' Christianzzzz on NL! grin
Nothing like discussing sexxx with style first thing on a SUNDAY moring!
Ha!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr2s9bMwYNA&feature=relmfu

Haha! Anoda one lol
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil, Was It Sexx??? by ijawkid(m): 2:51pm On Sep 30, 2012
Lol...

Its definitly not sex...

Adam and eve was to multiply and fill the earth...

How else would they have accomplished that??
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil, Was It Sexx??? by joe4christ(m): 3:05pm On Sep 30, 2012
Have you not read the scripture?
Genesis 1:28 God blessed them and said to them, "[size=15pt]Be
fruitful and increase in number; fill the
earth and subdue it[/size]. Rule over the fish of
the sea and the birds of the air and over
every living creature that moves on the
ground.

The scripture cannot be broken, the word of God is clear, God would'nt have blessed them and ask them to be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth if he would later punish them for have intimacy, he also would'nt have created the sex organs at the first place and even the hormones if he would still ban them from have sexual intimacy as man and wife, so u see it just cannot be that except u just wanted to twist the scripture to suit yourself, remember Jesus while on earth started his ministry at the age of 30 and knew he had only three years to minister and then end his ministry by giving his life willingly to save the world, how do you expect such a person to have women in his agenda even as a man talk more of him being God.
Please, be careful when interpreting the scriptures less u lead many astray.
God help us all!

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil, Was It Sexx??? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 30, 2012
joe4christ: Have you not read the scripture?
ground.

The scripture cannot be broken, the word of God is clear, God would'nt have blessed them and ask them to be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth if he would later punish them for have intimacy, he also would'nt have created the sex organs at the first place and even the hormones if he would still ban them from have sexual intimacy as man and wife, so u see it just cannot be that except u just wanted to twist the scripture to suit yourself, remember Jesus while on earth started his ministry at the age of 30 and knew he had only three years to minister and then end his ministry by giving his life willingly to save the world, how do you expect such a person to have women in his agenda even as a man talk more of him being God.
God help us all!

Thanks for your contribution, I'm a seeker of truth! Iron sharpens Iron, you know. Sometimes I feel like thinking outside the box. Thanks though
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil, Was It Sexx??? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Sep 30, 2012
ijawkid: Lol...

Its definitly not sex...

Adam and eve was to multiply and fill the earth...

How else would they have accomplished that??

You know with the biblical restrictions on sexxx & the free will God created man with, it's makes me wanna think outside the box sometimes grin
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil, Was It Sexx??? by joe4christ(m): 5:14pm On Sep 30, 2012
seriallink:

You know with the biblical restrictions on sexxx & the free will God created man with, it's makes me wanna think outside the box sometimes grin

Go get married bro before you end up in hell.
No joke!!!
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil, Was It Sexx??? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 30, 2012
joe4christ:

No joke!!!
WHAT HAS NOT GETTING MARRIED GOT TO DO WITH HELL

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil, Was It Sexx??? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 30, 2012
joe4christ:

No joke!!!

What Lol, hell's not for me man!! Getting married ain't bad advice anyway, thanks! But I don't fornicate o bros, still waiting for the right girl, you know warra mean grin

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil, Was It Sexx??? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 30, 2012
obadiah777: WHAT HAS NOT GETTING MARRIED GOT TO DO WITH HELL

Abeg ask Joe for me oh!
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil, Was It Sexx??? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 30, 2012
seriallink:

What Lol, hell's not for me man!! Getting married ain't bad advice anyway, thanks! But I don't fornicate o bros, still waiting for the right girl, you know warra mean grin
LOL OR YOU CAN BE LIKE PAUL AND TOTALLY SHUN MARRIAGE. TRUST ME IT AINT ALL ITS CRACKED UP TO BE BRAH grin
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil, Was It Sexx??? by truthislight: 6:51am On Oct 01, 2012
seriallink: Was the tree of the knowledge of Good & Evil symbolically referring to sexx I've always wondered why Jesus (The last Adam according to 1 Corinthians 15:45) had nothing to do with women & also why God created Eve for the first Adam when He knew she would end up luring him into sin

did the bible tell you it is sex?

Or you arrived at this from your brain?
Hmmm!
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil, Was It Sexx??? by Nobody: 7:09am On Oct 01, 2012
truthislight:

did the bible tell you it is sex?

Or you arrived at this from your brain?
Hmmm!

You do know some messages in the Bible are coded right? Just felt like thinking outside the box a little; but on a more serious note, what does the tree signifies? Or was it just a tree, as in normal tree that God restricted them from eating it's fruits or is it a symbolic message
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil, Was It Sexx??? by truthislight: 7:18am On Oct 01, 2012
seriallink:

God's laws are perfect, as such it is moderation on all things.

It is said that too much of every thing is bad.

Too much of food can kill you.
Too much of water can kill you.
Too much of sugar drink can kill you.
Too much of alcohol drink can kill you.
Too much abstinence from food c kill you.
Too much sex can kill you.
Too muck strain work can kill you.
Too much rest dormancy can kill you.
Etc, etc.

God is ballance and there is time for every affairs under the sun.

What restriction on sex if not abuse of sex that lead to bad consequences?

The bible says, "rejoice with the wife of your youth"

if human had stick with God's guidlines on sex and marriage, and sex only after marriage, and one man one wife there would have been NO HIV/AIDS today with it VDs. Sexually transmitted diseases of all kinds.
OfCourse, no blood as well.

God's laws are perfect and for our own protection and betterment.

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil, Was It Sexx??? by truthislight: 7:27am On Oct 01, 2012
seriallink:

You do know some messages in the Bible are coded right? Just felt like thinking outside the box a little; but on a more serious note, what does the tree signifies? Or was it just a tree, as in normal tree that God restricted them from eating it's fruits or is it a symbolic message

It was God's symbol of authority.

Control as to who Adam should look onto/obey.

Without control Adam may not even know when he has started doing things that are wrong.

To that end he is to look to God for guidance.

As long as Adam stick to God the source of life he will have no problem.

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil, Was It Sexx??? by Nobody: 7:33am On Oct 01, 2012
^^^ Thanks for that point truthislight!
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil, Was It Sexx??? by Nobody: 7:44am On Oct 01, 2012
truthislight:
God's laws are perfect, as such it is moderation on all things.

It is said that too much of every thing is bad.

Too much of food can kill you.
Too much of water can kill you.
Too much of sugar drink can kill you.
Too much of alcohol drink can kill you.
Too much abstinence from food c kill you.
Too much sex can kill you.
Too muck strain work can kill you.
Too much rest dormancy can kill you.
Etc, etc.

God is ballance and there is time for every affairs under the sun.

What restriction on sex if not abuse of sex that lead to bad consequences?

The bible says, "rejoice with the wife of your youth"

if human had stick with God's guidlines on sex and marriage, and sex only after marriage, and one man one wife there would have been NO HIV/AIDS today with it VDs. Sexually transmitted diseases of all kinds.
OfCourse, no blood as well.

God's laws are perfect and for our own protection and betterment.

Thanks there brother! Jah blessings
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil, Was It Sexx??? by okeyxyz(m): 11:57am On Oct 01, 2012
seriallink: Was the tree of the knowledge of Good & Evil symbolically referring to sexx I've always wondered why Jesus (The last Adam according to 1 Corinthians 15:45) had nothing to do with women & also why God created Eve for the first Adam when He knew she would end up luring him into sin

The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil is the Law of Do's and Don'ts, aka: The Law of Moses!! It corresponds perfectly. It is this law that says you are evil and therefore commands you to deny yourself what is meant to be natural and good. Ultimately it is about se.x but basically this is the laws of "Thou shalt not..., Thou shalt not..." as delivered by Moses and it's evolutions up till this day.

Now this law is what Christ died to deliver man from so that man should no longer be bound by this do's & don'ts(Knowledge of good & evil). Jesus represented this law, having denied himself to fulfill/abide-by this law, he was the ideal "Good Man"(even other faiths acknowledge this. So he was good according to the law) but ultimately he was crucified & died to show that this same law does not give life but death, as was prophesied in Eden: "for when you eat(abide/fulfill) of it you will surely die."(Gen 2:17).

2 Likes

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil, Was It Sexx??? by frankster: 12:01pm On Oct 01, 2012
seriallink: Was the tree of the knowledge of Good & Evil symbolically referring to sexx

Yes....its was refering to our creative ability - mentally and physically
You could look at it as a mathematical symbol....Binary - ones and zeros
Or as duality(opposites/complimentaries) Good is Plus(+) and Evil is Minus(-).
Or Energitically as Positive and Negative

I've always wondered why Jesus (The last Adam according to 1 Corinthians 15:45) had nothing to do with women & also why God created Eve for the first Adam when He knew she would end up luring him into sin

They were female disciples(followers) of Jesus
What you call sin is a natural part of Man's maturity

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil, Was It Sexx??? by okeyxyz(m): 12:04pm On Oct 01, 2012
frankster:
They were female disciples(followers) of Jesus
What you call sin is a natural part of Man's maturity

True!!!
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil, Was It Sexx??? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 01, 2012
okeyxyz:

The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil is the Law of Do's and Don'ts, aka: The Law of Moses!! It corresponds perfectly. It is this law that says you are evil and therefore commands you to deny yourself what is meant to be natural and good. Ultimately it is about se.x but basically this is the laws of "Thou shalt not..., Thou shalt not..." as delivered by Moses and it's evolutions up till this day.

Now this law is what Christ died to deliver man from so that man should no longer be bound by this do's & don'ts(Knowledge of good & evil). Jesus represented this law, having denied himself to fulfill/abide-by this law, he was the ideal "Good Man"(even other faiths acknowledge this. So he was good according to the law) but ultimately he was crucified & died to show that this same law does not give life but death, as was prophesied in Eden: "for when you eat(abide/fulfill) of it you will surely die."(Gen 2:17).

Thanks for your contribution bro, much appreciated
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil, Was It Sexx??? by bigmaut: 8:41pm On Oct 01, 2012
Adam & Eve shld has been 4givn immediately as a 1st ignorant offender 4 d sake of dia generations
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil, Was It Sexx??? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 02, 2012
bigmaut: Adam & Eve shld has been 4givn immediately as a 1st ignorant offender 4 d sake of dia generations

Bro you too like shortcut grin grin spiritual things no dey work like that grin grin abi na question you dey ask inside my question It's more of an opinion to me, shortcut opinion grin grin grin e no work!
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil, Was It Sexx??? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 02, 2012

How did you know he had nothing to do with women? Where was he for 18 years of his life? If you do not know where he was,who are you to say he had nothing to do with women. The tree of knowledge is not going to put food on your table,neither will it make you have a better life. Why not focus on how you can contribute to the development of your country,rather than bury your head in a primitive book.
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil, Was It Sexx??? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 02, 2012
joe4christ: Have you not read the scripture?
ground.

God help us all!

Are you aware that they are "Gods" not God. You are talking about a race of beings who don't reside on our planet. Jesus was half human/half alien. Why would he give his life to save the world? You all just don't get the message do you? If you keep thinking this way,then you are of no use to the human race. The plan is to wipe out people like you who worship other beings. The moment you realize that you are similar to the beings who created our biological body,the better. What can make you enlightened? Slavery has be used,colonization too,and yet you have decided to remain ignorant!
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil, Was It Sexx??? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 02, 2012
ifeness:

How did you know he had nothing to do with women? Where was he for 18 years of his life? If you do not know where he was,who are you to say he had nothing to do with women. The tree of knowledge is not going to put food on your table,neither will it make you have a better life. Why not focus on how you can contribute to the development of your country,rather than bury your head in a primitive book.

Christ's persecutors everywhere!! you'd better repent before it too late!
Re: The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil, Was It Sexx??? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 02, 2012
seriallink:

Christ's persecutors everywhere!! you'd better repent before it too late!

Repent from using common sense and be as foolish as you are? Why would i want to do that?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Debate Topics In A Christian Teenagers Gathering / DO THESE TWO THINGS WHEN DEPRESSED, HOPELESS OR HELPLESS. / Pastor Chris: Love Without Limits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.