Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,762 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

I Won't Marry A Nigerian Man Because They Rate Women By Their Cooking Skills? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Won't Marry A Nigerian Man Because They Rate Women By Their Cooking Skills? (3625 Views)

I Lost My Man Because I Slept With So Many Men - The Real Reason He Left!!! / 10 Signs That Shows Your Girlfriend Won't Marry You / All Because Of Nairaland He Said I Won't Marry His Daughter. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won't Marry A Nigerian Man Because They Rate Women By Their Cooking Skills? by mamagee3(f): 1:45am On Oct 01, 2012
I won't marry a Nigerian man because they marry on cooking abilities and I can't cook. . .I'll rather marry a white man because they are more civilized.
Re: I Won't Marry A Nigerian Man Because They Rate Women By Their Cooking Skills? by ArQueBusieR(m): 2:16am On Oct 01, 2012
Whatever propels your ballistic missile, nescient woman. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Won't Marry A Nigerian Man Because They Rate Women By Their Cooking Skills? by Nobody: 2:19am On Oct 01, 2012
you can always hire a cook or buy prepackaged meals that you warm before he comes home wink
Re: I Won't Marry A Nigerian Man Because They Rate Women By Their Cooking Skills? by hornyman(m): 4:41am On Oct 01, 2012
@Mama-Gee...... Come and marry me, u don't have to know how to cook, I won't even bother you on food, I'll be buying them if you marry me, we wud only be sexing n making sweet love all day, all nights.. My number 08159780632, BB PIN: 29BD8343 send yours I'll call.
Re: I Won't Marry A Nigerian Man Because They Rate Women By Their Cooking Skills? by acidtalk: 4:51am On Oct 01, 2012
*mumu Thread*
Just the way women rate men by the size of their pocket.
Re: I Won't Marry A Nigerian Man Because They Rate Women By Their Cooking Skills? by Odunnu: 5:59am On Oct 01, 2012
But Dayokanu loves you just the way you are
Re: I Won't Marry A Nigerian Man Because They Rate Women By Their Cooking Skills? by Ivynwa(f): 6:04am On Oct 01, 2012
mama-gee:
I won't marry a Nigerian man because they marry on cooking abilities and I can't cook. . .I'll rather marry a white man because they are more civilized.

That sounds like you are sulking that you can't cook well. grin grin
Better go and learn to cook my friend grin grin
Re: I Won't Marry A Nigerian Man Because They Rate Women By Their Cooking Skills? by obowunmi(m): 6:37am On Oct 01, 2012
Someone pls give G - mama her medication.
Re: I Won't Marry A Nigerian Man Because They Rate Women By Their Cooking Skills? by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 01, 2012
mama-gee:

[size=26pt]You are a true definition of an embarrassment! An absolute waste of human resources!! grin grin [/size]

1 Like

Re: I Won't Marry A Nigerian Man Because They Rate Women By Their Cooking Skills? by DExplorer1: 8:31am On Oct 01, 2012
Is it difficult? Marry a woman na or learn how to cook
Re: I Won't Marry A Nigerian Man Because They Rate Women By Their Cooking Skills? by Nnapendragon(m): 9:01am On Oct 01, 2012
Y shouldnt my wife knw how 2 cook.
Re: I Won't Marry A Nigerian Man Because They Rate Women By Their Cooking Skills? by MrsChima(f): 12:51pm On Oct 01, 2012
Lmao@people mad cos she wants to marry a white man.
Re: I Won't Marry A Nigerian Man Because They Rate Women By Their Cooking Skills? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 01, 2012
mama-gee:
well if u sabi yansh wella but no sabi cook i fit pardon u and marry u but when u no abi cook and u no sabi yansh then omo wahala dey oooo' grin
'
Re: I Won't Marry A Nigerian Man Because They Rate Women By Their Cooking Skills? by kokoye(m): 7:04pm On Oct 01, 2012
what has cooking skills got to do with being civilized?
Re: I Won't Marry A Nigerian Man Because They Rate Women By Their Cooking Skills? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 01, 2012
mama-gee:

I don't take this statement seriously. But just in case: What makes you think that white men don'T care if a woman can cook or if she doesn't?? Ignorance.
Re: I Won't Marry A Nigerian Man Because They Rate Women By Their Cooking Skills? by MrsChima1(f): 7:24pm On Oct 01, 2012
kokoye: what has cooking skills got to do with being civilized?

The same thing goes for what cooking skills got to do with being a good wife?
Re: I Won't Marry A Nigerian Man Because They Rate Women By Their Cooking Skills? by kokoye(m): 7:45pm On Oct 01, 2012
^^^^

Ask 90% of the females here what they think the qualities of a good wife are ....the answers might 'paralyze' you.
Re: I Won't Marry A Nigerian Man Because They Rate Women By Their Cooking Skills? by drnoel: 9:03pm On Oct 01, 2012
mama-gee:
ur first mistake is generalizing. So I just pity u.
Re: I Won't Marry A Nigerian Man Because They Rate Women By Their Cooking Skills? by mashnino(m): 9:05pm On Oct 01, 2012
fluid26:

[size=26pt]You are a true definition of an embarrassment! An absolute waste of human resources!! grin grin [/size]

seconded
Re: I Won't Marry A Nigerian Man Because They Rate Women By Their Cooking Skills? by ikekings(m): 9:10pm On Oct 01, 2012
mashnino:

seconded
Thirded...
Re: I Won't Marry A Nigerian Man Because They Rate Women By Their Cooking Skills? by cowgurl: 9:36pm On Oct 01, 2012
Lmsao!
Re: I Won't Marry A Nigerian Man Because They Rate Women By Their Cooking Skills? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Oct 01, 2012
@OP, see what my American friend wrote, title: GRANDMA'S APRON

Written by my good friend: ADINE CATHEY

GRANDMA STEPHENS LIVED IN THE COUNTRY
THERE WAS MUCH WORK TO DO,
SHE WORE AN APRON TO DO HER DAILY CHORES
FARM LIVING IS A BUSY TIME ALL YEAR THOUGH.

THESE SIMPLE COTTON APRONS
WERE MADE FROM A PRINTED FLOUR SACK,
INTO THE POCKETS MANY OBJECTS
SHE OFTEN DID PACK.

THE POCKETS COULD HOLD LOTS OF THINGS
A PENCIL, SOME THREAD, A BUTTON OR A SAFELY PIN,
WAS VERY USEFUL IF GATHERING EGGS
OR SHOOING AN OLD ROOSTER OR A FUSSY SITTING HEN.

PACKETS OF GARDEN SEEDS
SHE COULD TUCK SEVERAL INSIDE,
GRANDMA PLANTED A BIG GARDEN
THIS SHE TENDED WITH LOTS OF PRIDE.

APRONS WERE USED AND WORN DAILY
THERE WERE MANY WAYS THEY HELPED OUT,
PICK UP AN OBJECT - PUT IT AWAY LATER ON
WOULD FEEL NAKED WITHOUT WEARING ONE NO DOUBT.

GRANDMA LIKED TO WEAR HER APRONS
HAD ONE ON ALMOST EVERY DAY,
BUT ON SUNDAY SHE WENT TO CHURCH
THE APRON ON THE CHAIR BACK HAD TO STAY.

A POCKET WAS ALSO VERY USEFUL
THE MAILMAN HAD JUST ARRIVED IN HIS CAR,
COULD STICK THAT SPECIAL LETTER INSIDE
A LOVED ONE HAD WRITTEN FROM AFAR.

GRANDMA NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT GERMS
TODAY SOMEONE WOULD PROBABLY SQUEAL,
SHE WORE HER APRON TO THE BARN, THE CHICKEN COOP
CAME BACK AND PREPARED A HEARTY MEAL.

AT THE BARN WHEN SHE SHELLED CORN
A KERNEL OFTEN WENT ASTRAY,
INTO HER APRON POCKET SOMETIMES
IT FOUND A PLACE TO STAY.

WHILE WORKING AT THE WOOD COOK STOVE
THE APRON PROTECTED HER DRESS,
GREASE FROM FRYING MEAT MIGHT SPLATTER
LEAVE A SPOT AND MAKE A MESS.

THE APRON COULD ALSO BE USED
AS A HANDY POT HOLDER,
IT WAS HELD IN PLACE BY STRAPS
THAT WENT UP AND OVER THE SHOULDER.

ON A HOT SUMMER DAY, AN APRON
COULD BE USED TO WIPE HER FACE,
THESE APRONS WERE SIMPLE AND PLAIN
HARDY EVER WERE SEWN WITH FRILLS AND LACE.

APRONS WERE VERY NECESSARY
BACK IN THOSE "GOOD 'OLE DAYS,"
I MISS SEEING GRANDMA IN HER APRON
GRANNIES TODAY AREN'T LIKE THOSE COUNTRY WAYS.

Now what will your grandchildren remember you for
Re: I Won't Marry A Nigerian Man Because They Rate Women By Their Cooking Skills? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 01, 2012
mama-gee:
I won't marry a Nigerian man because they marry on cooking abilities and I can't cook. . .[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]I'll rather marry a white man because they are more civilized.

Seconded- 'in italics'
Re: I Won't Marry A Nigerian Man Because They Rate Women By Their Cooking Skills? by MrsChima1(f): 10:27pm On Oct 01, 2012
kokoye: ^^^^

Ask 90% of the females here what they think the qualities of a good wife are ....the answers might 'paralyze' you.

I am not concern with what women think is a good wife...I am asking the men. Unless those women are homosexual and planning to marry another woman.

1 Like

Re: I Won't Marry A Nigerian Man Because They Rate Women By Their Cooking Skills? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Oct 01, 2012
If a woman can't cook, what will her children and grandchildren remember her for when she starts getting aged...what memory will they have of mom or granny; a mom or granny that hates to cook? believe me no child or grandchild will be proud of such mom or granny shocked
Re: I Won't Marry A Nigerian Man Because They Rate Women By Their Cooking Skills? by FRANKLINTON(m): 10:41pm On Oct 01, 2012
Poster, if not for the Real Madrid logo on your profile, I'd have given you a healthy dose of freshly squeezed "Vitamin C". If you like marry a Blue man, you'd learn how to cook.
Re: I Won't Marry A Nigerian Man Because They Rate Women By Their Cooking Skills? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 01, 2012
DailyNews: If a woman can't cook, what will her children and grandchildren remember her for when she starts getting aged...what memory will they have of mom or granny; a mom or granny that hates to cook? believe me no child or grandchild will be proud of such mom or granny shocked

I love cooking but I strongly disagree with you. There are different things grandchildren can remember their grannies for. Example: How she didn't miss any match of her grandson or how she would take her granddaughter for shopping ........... different possibilities. Some women hate to cook and it's ok. Some men cook with passion and it's ok.
Re: I Won't Marry A Nigerian Man Because They Rate Women By Their Cooking Skills? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 01, 2012
DailyNews: If a woman can't cook, what will her children and grandchildren remember her for when she starts getting aged...what memory will they have of mom or granny; a mom or granny that hates to cook? believe me no child or grandchild will be proud of such mom or granny shocked
Seriously? So the essence of a woman is to cook, is that it? There are other things a granny can and should be remembered for other than cooking. After all, there are women who can cook but are witches in disguise. I'm not implying that a woman shouldn't learn how to cook but to say that she'll be remembered for just her cooking is just nothing short of demeaning.
Re: I Won't Marry A Nigerian Man Because They Rate Women By Their Cooking Skills? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Oct 01, 2012
FRANKLINTON: Poster, if not for the Real Madrid logo on your profile, I'd have given you a healthy dose of freshly squeezed "Vitamin C". If you like marry a Blue man, you'd learn how to cook.

OP needs to read this novel: "Like Water For Chocolate" by Laura Exqui...a Mexican not a Nigerian, that novel will open your eyes on the importance of a woman being not just a cook but a wonderful one. Chencha and Rosaura....mama Elena....hmmmm...the scent of a grinding onion....every woman deserves to read this great novel smiley
Re: I Won't Marry A Nigerian Man Because They Rate Women By Their Cooking Skills? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 01, 2012
ItsModella:
Seriously? So the essence of a woman is to cook, is that it? There are other things a granny can and should be remembered for other than cooking. After all, there are women who can cook but are witches in disguise. I'm not implying that a woman shouldn't learn how to cook but to say that she'll be remembered for just her cooking is just nothing short of demeaning.

The end point of why every human is hustling on earth is to eat and live happily....which means if I make billions, is all about my stomach first....the excess is to guarantee that I or my generation won't starve...not for any other thing, and thats why the first thing a new born baby seeks for after the first cry is FOOD, cos thats the most important thing to human...and every child remembers his/her mother for their unique meals...which they believe no other woman can prepare...same with a husband...thats his believe, only his wife can cook this food or that food.

If the op like let her marry a carribean, its all the same, all humans love good food....you need to read the novel I recommended in my previous post...plz try and get a copy of it and read. smiley

1 Like

Re: I Won't Marry A Nigerian Man Because They Rate Women By Their Cooking Skills? by KateSpade(f): 11:06pm On Oct 01, 2012
mama-gee:

Don't you think thats a bit much? Yes, its wrong to rate people but shouldn't you know how to cook for your own personal benefit. Everyone has to eat, you should know how to take care of yourself, for you. I can't be with a guy who can't even take care of himself or else I wonder about his home training. And if you want to marry a white man, more power to you but if you believe they are more civilized you are in for a rude awakening.
Re: I Won't Marry A Nigerian Man Because They Rate Women By Their Cooking Skills? by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 02, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Man Need To Have Other Qualities Not Just The Physical Appearance See (lists) / Top 10 Dangers Of Dating A Married Man / Why Do Girls Like Bad Guys?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.