Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Delete - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Delete (1346 Views)

delete thread / 7 Types Of Facebook Friends You Need To Delete Right Now / Administrator Please Delete My Account And All My Posts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delete by Nobody: 3:29am On Oct 01, 2012
Re: Delete by Nobody: 3:37am On Oct 01, 2012
3ghjfkjfkfkrkfkfkfkfncvndgjd
jd
j
d
j
d
j
dgjkdjkdkdkdkdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEHTpzqdPOs
Re: Delete by TerryCarr(m): 3:38am On Oct 01, 2012
~Royal~:
My first Question is, What is Jamaican English...and How does it Differ from Jamaican Patois...

or are they the Same?

If they are considered different, wouldn't they technically still be the same because they borrow from each other?.

Since they borrow from each other, and both are Variants, why can't they be fused together and considered one?

Is this Just a Matter of Speech Variations?...Pronunciations of Pitch?

Can a Written Example of the same group of words together in a sentence, both detailing the differences be provided

That is if in Fact they are indeed different.
Jamaican Patois is a creole language
Re: Delete by Nobody: 3:46am On Oct 01, 2012
LOL oh..this is what you were talking about. grin
Re: Delete by Nobody: 3:47am On Oct 01, 2012
Viewing this topic: TerryCarr(m), *Kails* and 1 guest(s)

smh. grin

@topic royal you are a TRIP! grin

They are not the same. Jamaican English is basically referring to how we write in standard English as they do in the UK...(ex. LaboUr as opposed to labor) but we speak American English. It basically describes our transition from English influence to American which is evident in the way we speak English and the slangs we have adopted.

Patois is a combination of African, European, and Asian languages/dialects that were all fused into one unique creole language that is unique to the island. Some people say it is broken English, I say it's a language of its own as its not just English in origin and most anglophones cannot understand it unless they have lived among Jamaicans or in Jamaica for some time.

1 Like

Re: Delete by Nobody: 3:53am On Oct 01, 2012
I keep telling you thats not me...check the time stamps of my post. I was in the middle of a video game rant during the same time period.

lmfao you are crazy woman lol
Re: Delete by Nobody: 3:54am On Oct 01, 2012
~Royal~:
I keep telling you thats not me...check the time stamps of my post. I was in the middle of a video game rant during the same time period.

lmfao you are crazy woman lol

i didnt say it was you. i was laughing! grin
stop dry snitching me royal!!! grin grin
Re: Delete by Nobody: 6:02am On Oct 01, 2012
*Kails*:

i didnt say it was you. i was laughing! grin
stop dry snitching me royal!!! grin grin

Wait..how did my thread get here...I posted this in Education lol grin grin

Thanks for Clarifying. You silly Jamo Head

Now do i get private lessons or do i have to Pay?.. tongue
Re: Delete by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 01, 2012
Loooooooooooool.
Re: Delete by onila(f): 3:37pm On Oct 01, 2012
*Kails*:
Viewing this topic: TerryCarr(m), *Kails* and 1 guest(s)

smh. grin

@topic royal you are a TRIP! grin

They are not the same. Jamaican English is basically referring to how we write in standard English as they do in the UK...(ex. LaboUr as opposed to labor) but we speak American English. It basically describes our transition from English influence to American which is evident in the way we speak English and the slangs we have adopted.

Patois is a combination of African, European, and Asian languages/dialects that were all fused into one unique creole language that is unique to the island. Some people say it is broken English, I say it's a language of its own as its not just English in origin and most anglophones cannot understand it unless they have lived among Jamaicans or in Jamaica for some time.

hmmmm smiley

1 Like

Re: Delete by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 01, 2012
royal i know you used to watch BET unCut. grin

you remember that joint with Joker the Bailsbondsman and Bizzy Bone called "Ziploc bag"? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Delete by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 07, 2012
*Kails*:
royal i know you used to watch BET unCut. grin

you remember that joint with Joker the Bailsbondsman and Bizzy Bone called "Ziploc bag"? grin grin grin grin grin

Yeah i remember all the Bet Uncut Joints.

How on earth has this thread not been Deleted....lol

Might as Well add me some more Booty Vids

1 Like

Re: Delete by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 07, 2012
Viewing this topic: ~Royal~ and 1 guest(s)

Stop wit that Creepy shitt yo

LoL check Mamii out in the OP.
cool
Re: Delete by Nobody: 12:48am On Oct 08, 2012
^^ you know that wasn't me.
i was on the jamo thread!

~Royal~:

Yeah i remember all the Bet Uncut Joints.

How on earth has this thread not been Deleted....lol

Might as Well add me some more Booty Vids

LOL you might as well. grin

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Think About Well Dressed Street Beggers? / What Is A Yalagi Woman? / The Republic Of Ireland Says “yes” To Same-sex Marriage Through A Popular Vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.