Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

My Girl Wants To Marry Me But Her Parents Said No (Osu) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / My Girl Wants To Marry Me But Her Parents Said No (Osu) (2212 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi Wedding Invitation & Details,To Marry Wuraola Obanor Next Saturday / 10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria / Igbos, Will You Marry An Osu? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girl Wants To Marry Me But Her Parents Said No (Osu) by mmarcel(m): 7:33pm On Jan 16, 2008
The girl I want to marry said that her parents told her to forget about me because I am an OSU.
My girl don't care but her parents are bent in stopping us. What do I do? We hav been together for 2 years now. We have built an account together. We love each other. I am in a delima. Help pls.
Re: My Girl Wants To Marry Me But Her Parents Said No (Osu) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jan 16, 2008
another thread abt "osu"? na wa oh. . , lipsrsealed NL is getting boring-er each day with similar threads. . . boring!!!!!!!!
Re: My Girl Wants To Marry Me But Her Parents Said No (Osu) by LiquidMind(m): 9:01pm On Jan 16, 2008
Did you hear me, for get about her Parents and escape with the girl to a remote island.
Re: My Girl Wants To Marry Me But Her Parents Said No (Osu) by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 16, 2008
toyinrayo:

another thread about "osu"? na wa oh. . , lipsrsealed Nairaland is getting boring-er each day with similar threads. . . boring!!!!!!!!

You can say that again.
Re: My Girl Wants To Marry Me But Her Parents Said No (Osu) by uspry1(f): 6:24am On Jan 17, 2008
Oh boy! It gets boring to hear repeated and repeated same old story about "osu" over and over and over. Please check out existing thread at below:

My Wife To Be is OSU
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-105911.0.html

Include inside that thread has 3 more existing links about "OSU".
Re: My Girl Wants To Marry Me But Her Parents Said No (Osu) by Faitymine(m): 12:34pm On Jan 17, 2008
Never worry, pray over it and if the Lord said is your wife definately you will have her.
Eloping with her can't just solve the problem, it's dangerous.
Ask her if she loves you and if she said yes then tell her to convince her parents or anyone she thought that can convince her parents, I believed doing this process will definately walk out for good. Wish you best of luck brother!
undecided undecided undecided
Re: My Girl Wants To Marry Me But Her Parents Said No (Osu) by yimiton(f): 12:46pm On Jan 17, 2008
For the love of Christ, if this girl loves you, go ahead and get married.
What's stopping you? I hope her parents come around to accept you later. If they don't, you have your lives to live. Make the best of it.

It's wonderful to have both parents accept our spouses, but if they don't and we're truly in love, i think they are just being unfair to their children.
It's high time this Osu nonsense is kicked out of this country. It should be a criminal offence for anyone to discrimate against a fellow human being for something he know nothing about.
Re: My Girl Wants To Marry Me But Her Parents Said No (Osu) by sistajay(f): 2:45pm On Jan 17, 2008
Abeg my brother make you move along and forget de girl, the girl parents don sey no. Wetin you fit do eh? I only hope your girl don't end up like me o, my parents still dey wait for man to come take me off their hands.
Re: My Girl Wants To Marry Me But Her Parents Said No (Osu) by swintec: 5:08pm On Jan 17, 2008
I pity this guy. All of una wey get this kind of trouble.

But come to think of it. Who can tell me the origing of Osu Cast system
Re: My Girl Wants To Marry Me But Her Parents Said No (Osu) by Esss(m): 5:16pm On Jan 17, 2008
As a traditionalist and an upholder of our customs I say walk away. Go and find a non-Osu to marry.

It's for your own good.
Re: My Girl Wants To Marry Me But Her Parents Said No (Osu) by Ndipe(m): 1:51am On Jan 18, 2008
Osu topic is becoming monotonous on this board.
Re: My Girl Wants To Marry Me But Her Parents Said No (Osu) by RichyBlacK(m): 12:04am On Jan 19, 2008
This is one of my beefs with the Igbo customs and traditions as interpreted today. Why would any Igbo still hold on to this barbaric, despicable, and utterly senseless idea of Osu. It's these same Igbos that believe in this trash called Osu that will make the loudest noise when they experience racism in the West, especially in the United States - when security keeps an extra eye on them while shopping, a cop pulls them over for DWB (driving while black), a bouncer prevents them from entering a club for obvious reasons, they are denied a job they're qualified for, they're prevented from buying a house in a part of town, etc. Any Igbo man or woman that still perpetuates the nonsense called Osu is plain ignorant.

@poster, you should go ahead and marry your babe. However, if the girl has that outdated, hypocritic mindset, just dump the babe fast - babes plenty well well.
Re: My Girl Wants To Marry Me But Her Parents Said No (Osu) by origina9ja(f): 8:04pm On Jul 03, 2008
Ndipe:

Osu topic is becoming monotonous on this board.

ture talk
even me i don tire
cum 2 think off it
waitin do osu guy

(1) (Reply)

People Of The Western World Are Slaves Owned By Their King And Governments / Is It Rude To Shake With Your Left Hand? / Most 40 YEAR old Japanese are still Virgins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.