Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

Goodbye To Molue! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodbye To Molue! (2149 Views)

Abike Dabiri-Erewa Says Goodbye to Politics. / Warning:-its The End,say Goodbye To NIGERIA! / Molue Banned From Lagos Island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodbye To Molue! by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jan 16, 2008
i thought i'd never see the day, but lagos state government has finally decided to ban those ugly molue buses. i almost danced in delight. i kind of feel for people whose only hope is the molue, but meeeeeeeenn!!! am i glad to see them go! i just hope uncle fash wont change his mind.

Re: Goodbye To Molue! by Kobojunkie: 1:07am On Jan 17, 2008
Any source for this story?? It seems the Governor has a nack for banning stuff but so far, what about all he has banned in the past?? Any results from those bans yet??
Re: Goodbye To Molue! by ikamefa(f): 1:23am On Jan 17, 2008
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

ban molue? cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

fashola must be outta his damn mind! banning molue angry cry

molue(funky-train) has history behind it ! what is wrong with our politicians sef? why cant he upgrade it or something?

how can he ? angry with all his chop and clean mouth tactics how can his brain cells function that way? angry

long hissssssssssssssssssssss!
Re: Goodbye To Molue! by Mamajama(m): 1:30am On Jan 17, 2008
Good move, please ban OKADA too, maybe now investors will come to Lagos

http://www.businessdayonline.com/national/1865.html
Re: Goodbye To Molue! by ikamefa(f): 1:36am On Jan 17, 2008
Mamajama:

Good move, please ban OKADA too, maybe now investors will come to Lagos

http://www.businessdayonline.com/national/1865.html
so it is molues and okadas preventing foreign investors from coming to 9 j a? cheesy LMBAO " grin "

how do you expect the poor masses who can't afford cars or taxis to get to their work? cheesy make dem go borrow winch brooms " grin "

molues are cheaper and cost effective for poor peeps
Re: Goodbye To Molue! by Kobojunkie: 1:39am On Jan 17, 2008

Damilare Onajole on 08 January, 2008 10:25:07

Mr Fashola and his crew are out of their minds!!! Why do the rich in government crate policies that affect the poor all the time?

They toyed with banning Okada in the last administration too. Don't they realise that a good percentage of Lagosians don't have cars?!! I took a molue down to work this morning. Anyways, Mr Fashola has to provide these

- An equal amount of buses to replace the Molues
- An alternative way of getting income for Molue drivers and conductors

helen omolara on 09 January, 2008 05:10:34

why do we do things haphazardly? Has any provision been made for mass transportation? has any provision been made for molue operators to have another job or you are just going to let them loose on the streets again with nothing to do? Why do our leaders talk without thinking it through first especially when it comes to decisions affecting their citizens? they just wake up one day and voice out impossible things. He will make that decision now and few years later another gov will come and reverse it. Gov Fashola think it through first with adequate provision before embarking on another frustrated effort.

Felix Omodunni on 10 January, 2008 10:41:17

Governor Raji Fashola seems to be oblivious to the sufferings of the majority of Lagosians whose lives are daily being lost due to the ongoing(work that started on a frenetic pace during the dying days of the previous regime has all but stopped)work on the proposed BRT lanes on Lagos Ikorodu expressway daily.His initial pronouncement was that molues and danfos would be restricted to the service lanes and trunk c roads.Why does this government like changing the goalposts every time it sets policy guidelines on topical issues? The Lagos state government should make sure it does not make the same mistake it did when it tried in conjunction with some private companies to introduce the now infamous citybus designated to ply Ikoyi and Victoria Island and its environs.We all know how it ended.A complete fiasco.

Jake Jake on 15 January, 2008 02:25:25

Sounds like a good idea but it surely needs alot of thinking through to be able to smoothly transition from molue to proper buses.

short of this, it will be another good policy that failed at the implementation stage.
Re: Goodbye To Molue! by DisGuy: 2:45am On Jan 17, 2008
there's nothing bad in banning molues that don't have genuine M.O.T certificates and insurance
I think what they will do is ban those that don't meet the required standards then introduce mass transit vehicles

every policy good or bad will affect the 'masses', Lagosians will just have to endure, im very sure they like Abuja cool
Re: Goodbye To Molue! by doyin13(m): 2:53am On Jan 17, 2008
Frankly it smacks of wickedness. . .

Lots of money has been donated to the Lagos State government to solve its transportation problems yet with not much results.

It will clean up Lagos no doubt in the long run but jeez how hard can it be to get a public system going.
Re: Goodbye To Molue! by DisGuy: 3:42am On Jan 17, 2008
wickedness?
90% of those molue will fail an MOT test, 99% of them don't have insurance
some vehicles with no MOT and insurance are crushed on the spot in the UK- 4000 cars crushed
its funny how there a post titled -will nigeria ever get better yet you dismiss solutions to some of our problem

get ready for congestion charges too road levies

It will clean up Lagos no doubt in the long run but jeez how hard can it be to get a public system going.

ask ken Livingstone wink
will over 12+million people living in an unplanned island what do you expect
Re: Goodbye To Molue! by doyin13(m): 4:45am On Jan 17, 2008
Dis Guy:

wickedness?
some vehicles with no MOT and insurance are crushed on the spot in the UK- 4000 cars crushed
its funny how there a post titled -will nigeria ever get better yet you dismiss solutions to some of our problem

ask ken Livingstone wink

@Dis Guy

I am not against getting these molue's off the roads in the long run but they do provide a service despite their adverse contributions

Poor Lagosians suffer enough already and the inevitable price rises that would occur with this move is ''wicked''.

In London, where the wealthier residents can afford alternatives, the congestion charge policy for example was coupled with substantial
investment in public transport. I guess the government cares.
Re: Goodbye To Molue! by Kobojunkie: 6:08am On Jan 17, 2008
Dis Guy:

wickedness?

ask ken Livingstone wink

I have been against those monstrosities since I was a kid in that state. My own papa owned some and I still hated them. Like I have said since I saw the first move to ban last year, we have done this before. This is not the first governor to ban molues and I will not be surprised if this act fails like those before. What plan is in place to move those who are currently driving molues to a place where they are taken care of still?? Are we going to bring in more of those "efficient" buses and then throw these people off the street so we can say we have a better looking state?? Are we considering the millions of people who will be affected directly or indirectly by this?? I remember when Lagos state had it's own transportation service way back when and how that project went down the drain. It was really good. Problem was there was not enough of those to compete with the molues and the service deteriorated over the years until the state completely scrapped the program. That was decades ago. Now since then, millions have come to depend on molues for their livelihood and transportation. If you take away molue, what do you intend to replace it with?? I don't know anymore. Lagos problem is very very simple.

I just don't understand why the government can not do it all one by one and the right way too. You gradually wean these people off of molue dependency by providing them alternatives. Before you know it, you will not even need to ban molues, the people will get rid of them for us if we give them alternative ways of earning a living and using the law to bring them to see that it is of no more use to the state. I am still waiting to see the many bans actually take effect. Over 3 months ago, there was the call for the removal of street traders. Anyone who was in Lagos this past december and even this month will know that that so far, that has not even happened.
Re: Goodbye To Molue! by Nobody: 6:36am On Jan 17, 2008
I really really hate the sight of molues but we have to put it into consideration they are the instruments of some people's livelihood. All of these bannings is because the Lagos state government is pushing to be a tourist state (according to what I derived from Fashola's wife during a talk show). I hope it won't become like some African countries where the animals for show are of greater importance and have more rights than its citizens.
Re: Goodbye To Molue! by Kobojunkie: 6:40am On Jan 17, 2008
stillwater:

I really really hate the sight of molues but we have to put it into consideration they are the instruments of some people's livelihood. All of these bannings is because the Lagos state government is pushing to be a tourist state (according to what I derived from Fashola's wife). I hope it won't become like some African countries where the animals for show are of greater importance and have more rights than its citizens.

I hope not too. Lagos can not be compared to Abuja at all. I mean before the rehab of Abuja, the place was practically deserted and that is why it was easy to do most of all that had to be done there to make it what it is today. Lagos on the other hand is filled with people every where you look. Pulling the rug from right under the people in the bid to make it like abuja might cause more commotion than good in the end.
Re: Goodbye To Molue! by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 17, 2008
All of these bannings is because the Lagos state government is pushing to be a tourist state (according to what I derived from Fashola's wife during a talk show).

Tourist ke!!! shocked shocked Lagos has passed that stage. it can never become a tourist state unless a natural disaster wipes it out - just joking.

but i wholeheartedly agree that fashola has to provide alternative means of transportation. i hear those BRT buses are more expensive than danfo bus fares. with all the slow moving/abandoned projects we have, i hope we dont have an "uncompleted projects" governor undecided
Re: Goodbye To Molue! by gbolah1(m): 9:45am On Jan 17, 2008
Banning the molue is a good idea but the BRT buses must be put in place before any counclelation

I want everybody to believe that, there most be some inconveniences when there is any good development

I still stand on my point that 98% of does molue are suppose to have been ban on the major road since 5years ago but due to the compain coming from diffrent places it as to stop.

For bringing the beatification of Lagos state and the mega city, some things must be corrected and there will be some inconveniences for Masses, but mind you everybody like good thing, if not the poverty and there is no order way for some people to reach where they are going. no body will like to be entering molue

I accept the new development but the BRT must be put in place first before any conciliation
Re: Goodbye To Molue! by omoge(f): 5:03pm On Jan 17, 2008
Once i fell off Molue and ever since i don't like that motor! Never stops for you to board sad

let them take it off the road jo.
Re: Goodbye To Molue! by holythug(m): 5:07pm On Jan 17, 2008
had a similar xperience. . .mine was d break of d molue failed & we almost found our way into d lagoon
tnks to d driver. . abeg make dem use d body do tins for milk
Re: Goodbye To Molue! by Nobody: 10:09am On Jan 18, 2008
holythug:

had a similar xperience. . .mine was d break of d molue failed & we almost found our way into d lagoon
tnks to d driver. . abeg make them use d body do tins for milk

LMAO

NAFDAC will get on their case!
Re: Goodbye To Molue! by Bolarge(m): 10:27am On Jan 18, 2008
holythug:

. . .mine was d break of d molue failed & we almost found our way into d lagoon
tnks to d driver. . abeg make them use d body do tins for milk
LMBAO grin grin
The day's too young o! Pls don't crack my ribs just yet.
iceblue:

NAFDAC will get on their case!
Yes o my sista, Dora go get stroke one time! grin
Re: Goodbye To Molue! by deor03(m): 7:57am On Jan 19, 2008
yes oh.

i support FASHOLA . he is just carrying out my dreams in lagos
Re: Goodbye To Molue! by bawomol(m): 8:22am On Jan 19, 2008
those eyesores should be gradually phased out.
Re: Goodbye To Molue! by ifyalways(f): 1:15pm On Jan 19, 2008
what happens to the poor masses ?
any other thing coming up in replacement?
banning it sounds good but there needs to be an alternative.  undecided
Re: Goodbye To Molue! by naijaking1: 2:35am On Jan 21, 2008
What about the Molues that fly: Bellview, Chanchangi, AES, and Kabo Airplanes that crash as often as the ground molues?
Re: Goodbye To Molue! by Nobody: 8:24am On Jan 21, 2008
LMAO

but seeing as most of us walk, or hitch a bus, not fly, molues will affect more people. good point tho. government prefers to wait until one of their children is affected, or other immediate family member. they will 'fly' molues all the same, until it crashes. even when the danger signal is looking them in the face.
Re: Goodbye To Molue! by Danmasani(m): 12:31pm On Jan 21, 2008
I came back from Naija recently and Abuja is looking clean with some much order. No more okada men nor dirty buses. Infact Abuja mass transit is comparable to what you get in London. They have clean buses stopping only at bus stops and black cabs to take not more than 3 people a time. El- rufai has changed Abuja tremendoulsy. Even those who were opposed to his policies initially are now praising him! That i belive is what Lagos needs, ban molue and Okada slowly from every Nigerian city, Okadas have become a nuisance, especialy in the North!
Re: Goodbye To Molue! by denuda: 4:14pm On Jan 21, 2008
so if okada and molue are banned, what do u want the common man to use.u cannot put the horse b4 the cart,make provisions for those who depend on molue,the constitution states the primary aim of a govt is welfare and security, not beautification on lagos,welfare first.
Re: Goodbye To Molue! by Kobojunkie: 7:16pm On Jan 21, 2008
Stop Comparing Abuja and Lagos please

1) Lagos has over 10 times more people than abuja does.

2) Abuja has been decades in the making. If things were not already in place long before the ban of the okada and buses in Abuja, it would have never succeeded. This Development of Abuja plan started back in the 80's. That is why it is easier for those who come in NOW to do what they want in that place. But for Lagos, it is not the same at all. Most all those who had planned to do one thing or another have never really been able to implement even one change. To now come in to say it worked in Abuja and so will work with lagos as is to be high on something and not know it .

3) Lagosians need to be weaned off of these things like the Abuja-ites were.
Re: Goodbye To Molue! by tayo4me(f): 12:56am On Jan 22, 2008
I don't know why people like complaining. People complain when the government does good or bad.
I have always heard people say politicians go to other countries and see how things are done there, but refuse to do similar things in Nigeria.
We have seen someone that wants to do something similar, yet we are still complaining.
I don't how true the story is, but I support the move if it is true.
I seriously think the time has come for changes in this State. The transport system is one thing that needs urgent attention, so banning molue is a great step indeed!
Re: Goodbye To Molue! by Kobojunkie: 3:01am On Jan 22, 2008
tayo4me:

I don't know why people like complaining. People complain when the government does good or bad.
I have always heard people say politicians go to other countries and see how things are done there, but refuse to do similar things in Nigeria.
We have seen someone that wants to do something similar, yet we are still complaining.
I seriously think the time has come for changes in this State. The transport system is one thing that needs urgent attention, so banning molue is a great step indeed!

Correction. Talk Talk Talk is not same as DOING SOMETHING. We have a government who has said he will do so many things, he is almost a year in to office and still no sign of any of the many promises. This is what we have come to be used to in Lagos and we are hoping he will at least give us a more concise plan of what exactly he has to offer and maybe a timeline as well so that if we see nothing happening say a month from now, we understand that maybe he is still working on it based on the plan given us.

Being Gullible does not make one a better Nigerian. This is now a democratic community we live in and the people need to be kept informed not spoon fed more stories of what will be done and then nothing follows.
Re: Goodbye To Molue! by DisGuy: 5:19am On Jan 22, 2008
denuda:

so if okada and molue are banned, what do u want the common man to use.u cannot put the horse before the cart,make provisions for those who depend on molue,the constitution states the primary aim of a govt is welfare and security, not beautification on lagos,welfare first.
I don't think it's a good idea to introduce new vehicles with those molues around, as those molues are phased out new buses should be introduced gradually or else they'll be more congestion/pollution
it's part of their job, enforcing the law- removing unlicensed vehicles and dangerous drivers from the road!

tayo4me:

thank you, we want so much change in that country but when change comes we can't recognise it

If/When lagosians are committed to change, the process will be faster and less inconvenient

(1) (Reply)

The Only Way To Solve Youth Restiveness In Niger-delta / Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-iweala: Home Gal Setting The World Economic Agenda / What Can Nigerians Learn From The Egyptian Uprising

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.