Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

10 Easy Steps To Fix High-cpu Usage In Wordpress - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 10 Easy Steps To Fix High-cpu Usage In Wordpress (1847 Views)

10 Easy Ways To Build Backlinks To Your Website - Pro Tips / How To Increase Max File Size Upload Limit From 2MB In Wordpress / Joomla Still Got The Highest Quality Usage In Top Web Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Easy Steps To Fix High-cpu Usage In Wordpress by vowiski(m): 6:45am On Oct 02, 2012
1. Update WordPress to the latest version, if you don't know how to do so, click here to update now.
2. Update all your WordPress plugins, newer versions are known to fix bugs that were in the previous version and can go along way in helping you. It is best practice to use stable versions of plugins, (Alpha and Beta versions of plugins should not be considered)
3. Update your WorldPress Theme files, many of the premium theme vendors allows of upgrade when you purchase their products, once you have an update, perform it. Never go for nulled or cracked WorldPress Themes.
4. Reduce plugins; do you really need all the plugins you have installed on your site? Think about it and make critical changes. When I had my first WordPress site, I had 87 plugins installed, but after I was hit with the hammer of my host, I realized that most of the plugins were actually not for me, I quickly ran a scale of preference and ended up with 20 plugins. My site ran faster and was more simple. They are alot of things that can be done within the theme files and requires no plugins. Before ever thinking of installing a plugin, try as much as possible to confirm if you can manually add the feature you want by adding a simple line of codes to your template files. Another reason why step 1 of this tutorial is very important, sometimes the features of one plugins might come with a recent WordPress update and as such making the plugins unnecessary.
5. Only activate plugins when you need them, if their use becomes automatically redundant, quickly de-activate. For example, you don't need to have WP database backup plug-in if you are not auto scheduling a backup, and so

6-10, Click Here

(1) (Reply)

Who Owns Nigerianbestforum.com? / How Do I Write In Colour Text / Top Free Site To Get High PR Backlinks - Get Up To 20000 Backlinks For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.