Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,154 members, 7,807,517 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? (75051 Views)

Tinsel Series: Good Program Or Absolute Rubbish? / Hi-Nolly on HiTV Versus Nollywood Channel On Trend TV / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Go Down)

Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by bluehorizo(m): 6:39pm On Feb 25, 2008
ilugunboy:

The new thing is that Eurosports news is gone! grin

It went off and now back again. Mine has started showing since yesterday. Maybe it went on recess grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 7:00pm On Feb 25, 2008
the problem with eurosport was from eurosport.even the one on dstv too was off.but it's now back on,
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by badaru1(m): 8:32am On Feb 26, 2008
If hitv wants to get near dstv at all,it has to overhaul its customer service. If u pay ur subscription it takes at least a week and thousands of calls and mails b4 u are reconnected. They are behaving like monopoly. I ve left them 4 good.

You can do away with hitv if u are in the north,by buying showtime card for 45k for 6 months,where u watch 10 premier league matches live. No interuption and very clear pictures. commentry in english and arabic options. For laliga go for Aljazeera, it is 7k for ayear. Allow hitv with their kaya.

Since Hitv started operation,it was only last that it showed 7 live matches. But it claimed it has right for 8 matches,why showing 4 to 5 matches?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 7:24pm On Feb 26, 2008
hi,if hitv chooses to show 4 to 5 matches,it is at thier calling.the important thing is 4 hitv to show u first the top matches live.showtime u are calling is over 15years now in the middleeast.so pls everything is time.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by badaru1(m): 9:40pm On Feb 26, 2008
@urfriend

How long do hitv want us to wait 4 it to perfect it acts. In this era of technology no body should have any excuse. It is not a matter of showing top matches,the coy said it has right for 8 live matches,based on that many people subscribe to hitv. So they ve to show all the matches. Apart from last week hitv has not been showing man united matches. are these not top matches? Showtime started showing football only this season,for your information.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 7:40pm On Feb 27, 2008
hi,all epl matches are given by the english premiership.they tell both hitv and dstv the matches they are to show and how many each week.it is now left to each operator to show the one they want.hitv didn't show manutd match because,they were not to show it.showtime can show u all 10epl games live because they paid 4 all for mddle east&north africa.and by the way showtime do not show anyother matches from other leagues,they only have epl and cocacola league.hitv has epl,la liga,serie a,uefa cup,south amerian champions league,soon, uefa champions league,carling cup etc.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by badaru1(m): 9:44pm On Feb 27, 2008
@ urfriend

Please verify ur sources before making any comment, Hitv doesnt have the right to uefa champions league,they only have uefa cup. Also check their schedule for weekend matches no Arsenal vs Aston vila match . Ask any hitv staff how long it takes them to connect u after paying the monthly subscription. If you are lucky 3 weeks.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Mustay(m): 9:51pm On Feb 27, 2008
@ last post. Also verify YOUR READINGS! d dude wrote "VERY SOON, UCL". cheers
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 7:21pm On Feb 28, 2008
hi badaru1,it does not take hitv that long to activate ur sub.only if there are issues with ur sub.,that they take long.also i said b4 now that hitv has rights to uefa cup,epl,la liga,copa del ray,serie a,south amerian champions league,some wta/atp tennis events,iaaf meets,etc, and coming soon, uefa champions league,carling cup etc.
epl fixtures for each week are given to hitv by the english fa.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by badaru1(m): 7:54am On Feb 29, 2008
Hi Urfriend please give me ur phone no or ur mail address so as to give u my complains. Here is my mail adderess: badaru1@yahoo.com
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Feb 29, 2008
Why do peeps alway complain of scrambling and other mishaps with HiTv?

anyway who owns Hitv?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by bluehorizo(m): 1:19pm On Mar 03, 2008
The newest thing is that HITV now show CNBC on Hi Sports2. Hi Sports2 is rubbish because ot offers absolutely nothing except when there is more matches played simultaneously. Na wa for una HITV.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by senga: 2:53pm On Mar 04, 2008
quote author=urfriend link=topic=7715.msg2018312#msg2018312 date=1204566863]
hi,please does anyone have for sale gtv/gbc decorder and smart card in nigeria.i mean the gtv on eutelsat w4 12092 H 27500.please do reply soon.thanks
[quote][/quote]

Hi urfriend

Why does an employee of HITV want to illegally watch GTV in Nigeria?
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 6:56pm On Mar 04, 2008
hi and welcome back senga,for the records,am not a staff of hitv.even if i was,i will need system[gtv],for monitioring purpose.
how have u been?.longtime no hear,hope all is well.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by senga: 11:01pm On Mar 04, 2008
Hi urfriend
Thanks for the concern, everything is just great, I have been assisting on a new project that should be up and running in West Africa in the next few months.
I have been keeping up to date with all the blogs and just checking out how DTH life is progressing in Nigeria.

By the way the easiest way to get a GTV box is to get someone that is coming from Ghana to buy you one with a card and just plug it in, as you know it is the same satellite position as HITV. Not supposed to do it but who can tell.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Enigma(m): 9:45am On Mar 05, 2008
senga:

By the way the easiest way to get a GTV box is to get someone that is coming from Ghana to buy you one with a card and just plug it in, as you know it is the same satellite position as HITV. Not supposed to do it but who can tell.

And it is perfectly legal in my opinion ------ (at worst might be a claim of breach of contract with GTV)
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by senga: 11:40am On Mar 05, 2008
Hi Enigma

You are incorrect, GTV have no content rights to transmit into Nigeria for any of their programs. If the Content providers were aware GTV were selling boxes into Nigeria they could close down GTV. This is to protect the DTH operators such as HITV in Nigeria.

Some of these rights are held by HITV, such as the EPL, HITV paid a lot of money to have the EPL main rights for Nigeria. GTV have these same rights for all of Africa apart from Nigeria and South Africa. Even though GTV use W4 and beam EPL directly over Nigeria they are not allowed to sell into Nigeria. There is normally a geophysical lockout and if a Nigerian address is used then the programs will not be shown. That is why a Ghanaian GTV box will work in Nigeria as the satellite thinks the box is still in Ghana.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Enigma(m): 3:12pm On Mar 05, 2008
Hi Senga

I'm sorry to say you are confusing two different issues and thus you are, sadly, mistaken.

Of course GTV has no rights to transmit in Nigeria: in the same way Sky has no right to transmit in Europe but is being received in several European countries; two weeks ago I set up two Sky systems for people in Belgium; what is more, although Sky officially pretends not to sell cards outside the UK, everyone knows that its cards are widely being used in Spain and several other European countries.

Now --- it is not illegal to watch Sky in those countries or even to use Sky cards in those countries. The only real legal issue in that respect is that Sky can claim breach of contract on the part of anyone who buys a card from Sky because they will argue that the card is issued on condition that it is to be used in the UK.

If you buy a 2nd hand Sky receiver and use it in Belgium or elsewhere to receive Sky (and have no contract with Sky) ---- you are not breaking any law and you are not doing anything illegal. Indeed, if you acquire a Sky card second hand and you are using it outside the UK without any contract with Sky --- you are not breaking any law; the only risk is that Sky can disable the card --- because they claim that they remain the owner of the card.

In the UK, apart from Sky, I watch Premiere from Germany, DigiTV from Eastern Europe, TPS etc from France, SRG from Switzerland etc ---- Tell me the law that I've broken

If I go to Ghana and buy GTV receiver/card and bring it to Lagos to watch GTV---- - Tell me the law that I have broken!

First, tell us what law is being broken: statute and section or judicial decision!
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 7:10pm On Mar 05, 2008
Hi urfriend
Thanks for the concern, everything is just great, I have been assisting on a new project that should be up and running in West Africa in the next few months.

hi senga,what's the the project u are working on in west africa?,is it another dth operator?.pls do u know anyone that can get me the gtv system.i need it for monitoring purposes.i monitor dth/pay tv operation on satellite in africa and report to the webmaster on lyngsat.com.so pls i need thier system soonest[the system plus 6months or 1year subscription].note that gtv also marries their decorder and smart card.pls i need a reply soonest.thanks.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by senga: 8:42pm On Mar 05, 2008
Hi urfriend

Call +23321816081 GBS in Ghana and give them an address in Ghana. I am sure you will have someone that can bring you a box from Ghana (or even Cotonou).

I cannot mention at the moment about the DTH, once it comes official I will tell you more about it.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 7:30pm On Mar 06, 2008
hi senga,do but is that dth company from africa or a foreign one?.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by senga: 7:53pm On Mar 06, 2008
Hi Urfriend
All I can say is that it is a foreign company that really knows the business.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 8:15pm On Mar 06, 2008
hi senga,but wil they be coming to nigeria?.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by senga: 10:26pm On Mar 06, 2008
Hi Urfriend
What would you think?
You will just have to wait and see.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by bluehorizo(m): 11:05pm On Mar 20, 2008
Change your ways
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 7:49pm On Mar 21, 2008
hi,no one forced u guys to get hitv.if dstv is the almighty,why then did u get hitv.give them time.right now,hitv has just intalled anew subscription software,meaning activation will be faster and also go off on the appointed date.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by bluehorizo(m): 8:17pm On Mar 21, 2008
urfriend:

hi,no one forced u guys to get hitv.if dstv is the almighty,why then did u get hitv.give them time.right now,hitv has just intalled anew subscription software,meaning activation will be faster and also go off on the appointed date.

ARE YOU GETTING FRUSTRATED? YOU SHOULD SHUT UP AND STOP OPENING THAT TRASH YOU CALL MOUTH. YOU SHOULD TELL YOUR EMPLOYERS TO MAKE HASTE WHILE THE SUN SHINES.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by ayusman16(m): 10:53pm On Mar 21, 2008
urfriend:

Can u imagine what this dude is spewing out of his mouth. If hitv is good do u think we would be painting them black or u think we are jobless? If u r truly not a staff of hitv then why is it hurting u when the truth is being told. My guy, hitv is crap and so is u! Please stop giving us lies.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by bluehorizo(m): 10:59am On Apr 30, 2008
Hitv is at it again. The message i keep getting today is " Can't descramble". Raheem,Urfriend and the rest of the agents should pls come explain.
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by Mustay(m): 11:56am On Apr 30, 2008
grin grin grin

HYPED TV
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by niyi09(m): 3:40pm On Apr 30, 2008
today is d last day in the month of april and i have not seen new channels on my hitv instead i get scrambled channels.Ur friend where art thou.dont run away and bring rahym along
Re: Hitv Or Hi Rubbish? by urfriend(m): 7:40pm On Apr 30, 2008
hi bluehorizo,maybe ur smart card is not in ur decorder well,or it is bad.it is not everything that has to be hitv problem.
for u niyi09,have u not been watching,i told u more ang greater contents are coming.watch hi mix or hinolly u will see new movies and series been advertized.has 4 d new channel u will have to wait 4 a little while.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46)

The Amount Each 2020 BBNaija Housemate Got While In The House / BBNaija 2019 Finalists: Mercy, Mike, Frodd, Omashola, Seyi And Diane / BBNaija: Cee-C's Side Boobs Flashed In Braless Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.