Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,772 members, 7,802,367 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? (10418 Views)

Which Soup Is Your Favorite / A Picture Of Vincent Enyeama Cooking Okro Soup / Your Worst Food Combination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by Jisunpack: 6:26pm On Oct 02, 2012
While growing up, I hate the idea of multiple combinations of soup when eating, I see people doing that as being "clumsy" and I won't dare touch the soup with a meter pole.

>>> Fast forward, now I hardly swallow anything without combining different variety of soups.

My favourite is Egusi and Okra soup with goat meat littered in between the soups.

Damn!!! I fit wack this combi continuously for weeks without requesting for any change. trying to carry over what I missed in the past?

I guess, variety is truly the ultimate source of pleasure cool
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by nikkyshyne(f): 8:05am On Oct 03, 2012
Egusi and okra? Razzzz soup.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by Jisunpack: 2:04pm On Oct 03, 2012
Oya, state you own nah. abi you never hear say one man food na another man's poison?

nikkyshyne: Egusi and okra? Razzzz soup.
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by Afam4eva(m): 3:44pm On Oct 03, 2012
I hate soup combination like hell. It's like mixing salt and sugar together.

5 Likes

Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by Jisunpack: 3:46pm On Oct 03, 2012
For sure you are missing something.

afam4eva: I hate soup combination like hell. It's like mixing salt and sugar together.
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by kokoye(m): 3:47pm On Oct 03, 2012
Give me fried stew with the following:

- snails

- stew-soaked ponmo

- fried and stew-soaked beef cut into tiny bits

- liver cut into tiny bits

Then put vegetable with egusi on the side. The egusi must have IRU inside it o!

Give me some correct pounded yam with the above.... and I will will be your slave.

Thanks and God bless wink

6 Likes

Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by timbs001(m): 3:48pm On Oct 03, 2012
Gbegiri and Ewedu. (goes well with hot Amala) cool

6 Likes

Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by garripack: 3:48pm On Oct 03, 2012
GA*RI MIXED WITH PALMWINE GANISHED WITH KOLA NUT IF NECESSARY TOP AM WITH LITTLE BITTER KOLAgrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by Francheezy(m): 3:51pm On Oct 03, 2012
ah x0 lyk EGUSI ND EWEDU

INSH0RT, AH LYK EWEDU MIXED WITH L0CUST BEANS, WITH ANY S0UP

AND AH ALS0 LYK PEPPER S0UP....L0LX
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by SlyIg(f): 3:52pm On Oct 03, 2012
Garri goes with any soup to me. Mixed or not. Hope im free to mention garri here o.
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by bunchyproject(m): 3:52pm On Oct 03, 2012
Pepper Soup
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by omiobo: 3:52pm On Oct 03, 2012
Egusi,okro mix with ganjaleaf soup. So delicious. Try it and u gonna testify.grin
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by 2mch(m): 3:53pm On Oct 03, 2012
timbs001: Gbegiri and Ewedu. (goes well with hot Amala) cool

cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 03, 2012
I like ewedu with vegetable soup,garnished with egusi soup.with snail,and aporoko .
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 03, 2012
Ogbolor and Egusi soup
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by Geomac: 3:57pm On Oct 03, 2012
afam4eva: I hate soup combination like hell. It's like mixing salt and sugar together.
I hate mixed soup too.
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 03, 2012
Okra and ogbono <--------- heaven on Earth.

My mom made ofe akwu onugbu some months back. It was my first time trying it. Banga soup with bitter leaves. If that counts as a combination, then it's heaven on earth too lol.

Both with eba of course cool

I don't mix two soups though, apart from stew and okra lol.
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by Beync(f): 4:00pm On Oct 03, 2012
I don't like any combination at all.

if i want to eat egusi, i know it's egusi am eating

my favorite swallow is semo with afan or egusi soup
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by aryzgreat: 4:01pm On Oct 03, 2012
we igbos don't mix soup, either eat egusi alone or eat bitter leaf alone, but vegetables like ugu, bitterleaf etc can be used to garnish any soup. i hate soup combo, it makes me wanna throw up! yuck! sad
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by aryzgreat: 4:05pm On Oct 03, 2012
ogugua88: Okra and ogbono <--------- heaven on Earth.

My mom made ofe akwu onugbu some months back. It was my first time trying it. Banga soup with bitter leaves. If that counts as a combination, then it's heaven on earth too lol.

sweet heart, dats not combination, u can use red oil or ofe-akwu to reden the soup, okro and ogbono is not combo (the okro serces as vergy) unless when u cook separate okro and separate ogbono, then mix after.
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by PBeni(m): 4:05pm On Oct 03, 2012
Egusi/vegetable soups with small chunks of snails and kpomo with goat meat,red meat and a bowl of pound cassava('Akpu' in my native tongue)
#Mkpofe
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by akpanbaba: 4:07pm On Oct 03, 2012
Afang and editan
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by inspirenet: 4:09pm On Oct 03, 2012
hmmmm.... i'm hungry
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by emekaD3(m): 4:12pm On Oct 03, 2012
aryzgreat: we igbos don't mix soup, either eat egusi alone or eat bitter leaf alone, but vegetables like ugu, bitterleaf etc can be used to garnish any soup. i hate soup combo, it makes me wanna throw up! yuck! sad

What Kind of Igbo are you... Me no dey eat any soup wey no be mixed smiley

4 Likes

Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 03, 2012
ogugua88: Okra and ogbono <--------- heaven on Earth.

It doesn't get better than that. Also ofe onugbu and ofe ora mixed together #wonderful.

1 Like

Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by goofie: 4:14pm On Oct 03, 2012
afang with edikaikong. super!

1 Like

Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by alaoeri: 4:20pm On Oct 03, 2012
ABULA (Gbegiri + Ewedu) + Ogunfe(sokoto red goat).
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by saintneo(m): 4:20pm On Oct 03, 2012
Normally no one mixes soups. This is only obtained in resturants because of the quality of soup they prepare.
Garri, semolina, akpu or pounded yam can go with Egusi, Okra or Vegetables soups.
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by emmykk(m): 4:25pm On Oct 03, 2012
P Beni: Egusi/vegetable soups with small chunks of snails and kpomo with goat meat,red meat and a bowl of pound cassava('Akpu' in my native tongue)
#Mkpofe
people who mix soup are greedy people and flirters.they only do that at mama's put place at the road side hotel,what they can not prepare at home they use greedy to eat it at the buka.
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by bunmioguns(m): 4:26pm On Oct 03, 2012
grin grin grin grin this one make sense dye grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by CyberG: 4:30pm On Oct 03, 2012
saintneo: Normally no one mixes soups. This is only obtained in resturants because of the quality of soup they prepare.
Garri, semolina, akpu or pounded yam can go with Egusi, Okra or Vegetables soups.

No YOU are WRONG! You may not but A LOT of people do! One man's meat is another man's poison. I don't know the kind of restaurants you go but those soups costs more so not some cheap restaurant with poor food does it. I think you should go out more and expand your horizons.
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by Sircuba: 4:33pm On Oct 03, 2012
Gbegiri with luruu...on tuwo...pls dont eat dis a day to any exams...pls!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kefee Opens Own Restaurant, Calls It Branama Kitchen / NAFDAC Begins Mop Up Of Imported Fruit Juices Nationwide / Igbo Soups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.