Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,353 members, 7,808,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? (10422 Views)

Which Soup Is Your Favorite / A Picture Of Vincent Enyeama Cooking Okro Soup / Your Worst Food Combination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by jtkoko9(f): 4:35pm On Oct 03, 2012
Egusi mixed with pepper soup.
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by Lachynos2k2(m): 4:44pm On Oct 03, 2012
gimmie malabo style anytime anyday i.e AFANG+MELON+DRAW soup and small stew
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by tunapawizzy: 4:46pm On Oct 03, 2012
gbegiri + ewedu
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by GboyegaD(m): 4:59pm On Oct 03, 2012
blink182: Ogbolor and Egusi soup

Spot on.
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by GboyegaD(m): 5:03pm On Oct 03, 2012
saintneo: Normally no one mixes soups. This is only obtained in resturants because of the quality of soup they prepare.
Garri, semolina, akpu or pounded yam can go with Egusi, Okra or Vegetables soups.

No talk that one again oooo. Some people have many soups in the fridge and all you need do is to scoop the portions of what you want to eat and reheat it. Which kain only mama put dem dey chop am? Perhaps, that is why my friends say I like food but na lie cos I only emphasize on why there should always be enough food at home so that you can eat whatever whenever you feel hungry.
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by cantell(m): 5:18pm On Oct 03, 2012
afam4eva: I hate soup combination like hell. It's like mixing salt and sugar together.
Chop knuckle. Hate it like there's no tomorrow.
blink182: Ogbolor and Egusi soup
Ogbono not Ogbolor.
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by VeektourStober(m): 5:21pm On Oct 03, 2012
EGUSI $ OGBONO SOUP pls...
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by ogokam: 5:23pm On Oct 03, 2012
Nice topic. I just love bitterleaf soup (onugbu soup) mixed with correct ogbono soup. The combination is too much when eaten with well prepared fufu, not the ones prepared like semo. If tozo is in it, sentence complete cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 03, 2012
cantell:
Chop knuckle. Hate it like there's no tomorrow.

Ogbono not Ogbolor.
It is pronounced Ogbolor in some places.
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by dabrake(m): 6:06pm On Oct 03, 2012
AfangMelon(afang + egusi)

MelonDraw(egusi + okra)
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by Freiburger(m): 6:11pm On Oct 03, 2012
Why must soup be combined if not lack of something?
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by Burger01(m): 6:13pm On Oct 03, 2012
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by siddiq202(m): 6:17pm On Oct 03, 2012
[size=14pt]ewedu + omi obe[/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by lekani4real(m): 6:18pm On Oct 03, 2012
garripack: [size=40pt]GA*RI MIXED WITH PALMWINE GANISHED WITH KOLA NUT IF NECESSARY TOP AM WITH LITTLE BITTER KOLA[/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin thats so yucky
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by mike404(m): 6:25pm On Oct 03, 2012
[quote author=lekani4real][/quote]
GOOD FOR YOU embarassed
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by gabon(m): 6:44pm On Oct 03, 2012
I can eat only egusi soup, its difficult for me.

I love egusi mixed with Ogbono, banga soup mixed with okro, egusi pepper soup mixed with okro
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by 175(m): 6:53pm On Oct 03, 2012
aryzgreat: we igbos don't mix soup, either eat egusi alone or eat bitter leaf alone, but vegetables like ugu, bitterleaf etc can be used to garnish any soup. i hate soup combo, it makes me wanna throw up! yuck! sad

nnwane na pure lie. U neva see wia igbo woman dey sell food n igbo guys dey chop dia. U go hear nne ngooor, mix yem ofe aku, egusi na ofe ede ka nnwa guy meetu onwey ya.

1 Like

Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by LordReed(m): 6:59pm On Oct 03, 2012
Ji_sun_pack: While growing up, I hate the idea of multiple combinations of soup when eating, I see people doing that as being "clumsy" and I won't dare touch the soup with a meter pole.

>>> Fast forward, now I hardly swallow anything without combining different variety of soups.

My favourite is Egusi and Okra soup with goat meat littered in between the soups.

Damn!!! I fit wack this combi continuously for weeks without requesting for any change. trying to carry over what I missed in the past?

I guess, variety is truly the ultimate source of pleasure cool

Typical bachelor that doesn't know how to cook.
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by UmericanGirl(f): 7:03pm On Oct 03, 2012
I don't like mixed soups. I like banga with banga..egusi with egusi... etc. grin

1 Like

Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by Truckpusher(m): 7:08pm On Oct 03, 2012
UmericanGirl: I don't like mixed soups. I like banga with banga..egusi with egusi... etc. grin
badt gurll chop something!
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by saintneo(m): 7:10pm On Oct 03, 2012
Guys,back in school days, I did the mix-match to improve taste even adding stew. I think mix-match is driven by taste improvements, lack opportunity to eat eba in months and possibly greed.
CyberG:

No YOU are WRONG! You may not but A LOT of people do! One man's meat is another man's poison. I don't know the kind of restaurants you go but those soups costs more so not some cheap restaurant with poor food does it. I think you should go out more and expand your horizons.
GboyegaD:

No talk that one again oooo. Some people have many soups in the fridge and all you need do is to scoop the portions of what you want to eat and reheat it. Which kain only mama put dem dey chop am? Perhaps, that is why my friends say I like food but na lie cos I only emphasize on why there should always be enough food at home so that you can eat whatever whenever you feel hungry.
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by Lyth: 7:17pm On Oct 03, 2012
Hmmmm I wld go wit d multiple-hits combo of Bitterleaf n Ogbono.

1 Like

Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by Dansadaumallam(m): 7:28pm On Oct 03, 2012
aryzgreat: we igbos don't mix soup, either eat egusi alone or eat bitter leaf alone, but vegetables like ugu, bitterleaf etc can be used to garnish any soup. i hate soup combo, it makes me wanna throw up! yuck! sad

my brother you can say your mind without telling us how half baked your reasonings are. Who are the WE?
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 03, 2012
Ogbono && egusi
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by MrsChima1(f): 8:35pm On Oct 03, 2012
kokoye: Give me fried stew with the following:

- snails

- stew-soaked ponmo

- fried and stew-soaked beef cut into tiny bits

- liver cut into tiny bits

Then put vegetable with egusi on the side. The egusi must have IRU inside it o!

Give me some correct pounded yam with the above.... and I will will be your slave.

Thanks and God bless wink

i gues people do eat anything.
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by illicit(m): 8:37pm On Oct 03, 2012
Try mixing any draw soup wit Bitter leaf

1 Like

Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by illicit(m): 8:40pm On Oct 03, 2012
i dont mix soup at home, but i like it wen am eatin out especially at calabar joints(my favorite) i cant eat yoruba soups outside cos dats wat i always eat at home, i once tried d combo of Afang soup, Ogbono and bitter leaf soup, wow u need to try it, twas Greeaaaatttt. for some time nw i dont eat any draw soup ordinarily i spice it with bitter leaf, Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by LordReed(m): 8:41pm On Oct 03, 2012
saintneo: Guys,back in school days, I did the mix-match to improve taste even adding stew. I think mix-match is driven by taste improvements, lack opportunity to eat eba in months and possibly greed.

At those mama-put stores huh? I doubt you'd taste a solid egusi soup and be looking for mix n match.
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by kokoye(m): 8:41pm On Oct 03, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

i gues people do eat anything.

what do you know ..and why are you stalking my pot of stew?
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by MrsChima1(f): 9:00pm On Oct 03, 2012
kokoye:

what do you know ..and why are you stalking my pot of stew?

You can have your stew. I like quality foods.
Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by udy101(m): 9:02pm On Oct 03, 2012
No soup like Afang soup!!!

1 Like

Re: Which Soup Combination Do You Like The Most? by kokoye(m): 9:04pm On Oct 03, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

You can have your stew. I like quality foods.

Quality food like a bag of Frito Lay chips.

yea.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NAFDAC Begins Mop Up Of Imported Fruit Juices Nationwide / Igbo Soups / At What Age Did You Cook Your First Meal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.