Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

Ikenn. Sienna , Niss Parts And Others Pls Read This O.abeg O - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ikenn. Sienna , Niss Parts And Others Pls Read This O.abeg O (1608 Views)

Help With This O / Price Of Parts And Contact Of Reliable Sources Needed For Toyota 2003 Model / Pls Read -bought A Honda Pilot 03 Without Even Having The Intention To. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikenn. Sienna , Niss Parts And Others Pls Read This O.abeg O by myke20: 6:04am On Oct 03, 2012
Hello. It is so disheartening that I have had this problem lingering on for about 4 months and no mechanic in benin have been able to do it. What a shame. My car started misbehaving and I scanned it and it was shown that d culprit was d oxygen sensor. Since den no mechanic has been able to diagnose whether it is the oxygen sensor dat is bad or it is an electrical. Even to know where the bank 1 sensor 1e is na problem for dem. Now d car consumes fuel like mad as I only miles from a full tank of gas.pls advise meon what to do. I also bought that johnsen fuel injector cleaner from NNPC mega station but someone advised me not to use it. I don tire o. NB the car is toyota camry 2003 big daddy. I don park d car dey use my regualar v boot joor. Pls I need advice.but the car still dey run sha
Re: Ikenn. Sienna , Niss Parts And Others Pls Read This O.abeg O by donkene(m): 6:21am On Oct 03, 2012
Where is the car now? Can u drive it to aba?
Re: Ikenn. Sienna , Niss Parts And Others Pls Read This O.abeg O by myke20: 7:38am On Oct 03, 2012
Ah aba is too far na
Re: Ikenn. Sienna , Niss Parts And Others Pls Read This O.abeg O by donkene(m): 6:53pm On Oct 03, 2012
Tell them to change air flowmeter and brainbox
Re: Ikenn. Sienna , Niss Parts And Others Pls Read This O.abeg O by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 03, 2012
donkene: Tell them to change air flowmeter and brainbox

So he should replace parts randomly?
Re: Ikenn. Sienna , Niss Parts And Others Pls Read This O.abeg O by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 03, 2012
myke20: ...I scanned it and it was shown that d culprit was d oxygen sensor. Since den no mechanic has been able to diagnose whether it is the oxygen sensor dat is bad or it is an electrical. Even to know where the bank 1 sensor 1e is na problem for dem. Now d car consumes fuel like mad...the car is toyota camry 2003 big daddy.
You say the culprit is the oxygen sensor from your scanning, and yet again no mechanic has been able to diagnose it. That's confusing isn't it? Anyway, let's know what code you pulled from the scan. Bank 1 sensor 1 is the air/fuel sensor and not oxygen sensor, and should explain why your "car consumes fuel like mad."
Bank 1 is always the cylinder head with the #1 spark plug wire or #1 cylinder.
Bank 2 is always the cylinder head with the #2 spark plug wire or #2 cylinder.
Sensor 1 is before the catalyst converter.
Sensor 2 is after the catalyst converter.
I presume you should be able to identify your B1 S1 from this.
Re: Ikenn. Sienna , Niss Parts And Others Pls Read This O.abeg O by myke20: 8:36pm On Oct 03, 2012
Thanks all d code is P1135 and its actually air fuel sensor. But they said is d same fin as oxygen sensor. I really dunno o.is the bank 1 sensor one d plug like fin on the exhaust manifold facing the radiator or where e dey sefpls help a broda out.
Re: Ikenn. Sienna , Niss Parts And Others Pls Read This O.abeg O by jodeci(m): 11:25pm On Oct 03, 2012
myke20: Thanks all d code is P1135 and its actually air fuel sensor. But they said is d same fin as oxygen sensor. I really dunno o.is the bank 1 sensor one d plug like fin on the exhaust manifold facing the radiator or where e dey sefpls help a broda out.

Do you just accept whatever you are told? how can O2 sensor be the same as air fuel sensor.you make it difficult for anyone to be of help.
Re: Ikenn. Sienna , Niss Parts And Others Pls Read This O.abeg O by Nobody: 11:53pm On Oct 03, 2012
jodeci: Do you just accept whatever you are told? how can O2 sensor be the same as air fuel sensor.you make it difficult for anyone to be of help.

Hey, don't pick on the guy. They ARE one and the same. Lambda Sond, O2 Sensor, Lambda Probe, Oxygen sensor. What you pull with your scanner depends on what scanner you use, and what ECM you're reading.

Or what do you think the difference is between what you've posted - air / fuel sensor, and O2 sensor? O2 = Oxygen. Air = 21% Oxygen.
Re: Ikenn. Sienna , Niss Parts And Others Pls Read This O.abeg O by myke20: 11:58pm On Oct 03, 2012
@ jodeci we dey quarell. See fight o but I still appreciate ur input. @ sienna so what do I do next
Re: Ikenn. Sienna , Niss Parts And Others Pls Read This O.abeg O by jodeci(m): 6:52am On Oct 04, 2012
@ sienna,thought the o2 sensor senses the amount of o2 in the exhaust gas while the air/fuel sensor senses the ratio of the fuel/o2 combustible mixture going into the cylinders.This by extension also determines the richness/leanness of exhaust gas.
Re: Ikenn. Sienna , Niss Parts And Others Pls Read This O.abeg O by cretin: 11:05am On Oct 04, 2012
buy the defective sensor and change out...ur problem wud be gone...ur CAT might become bad if u continue driving the car long with this problem
Re: Ikenn. Sienna , Niss Parts And Others Pls Read This O.abeg O by myke20: 8:19pm On Oct 05, 2012
@ cretin one rewire siad dat d sensor might be good and dat it is not transmitting current or sumfin like dat sha. So dats y I'm confused
Re: Ikenn. Sienna , Niss Parts And Others Pls Read This O.abeg O by Ikenna351(m): 9:15pm On Oct 05, 2012
myke20: @ cretin one rewire siad dat d sensor might be good and dat it is not transmitting current or sumfin like dat sha. So dats y I'm confused

How many wires does your o2 sensor have?

If its 4, that means the sensor has heater. And to have the heater, it will need 12+ from relay to power the heater. You will need to find out if you are getting 12+ on any of the wires to the sensor.

You will also need to find out which of the wires is from ECU to the sensor (signal wire). o2 sensor signal wire should have about 0.65 volts, when tested, without connecting it to the sensor. if it doesn't have its own volts values, then the ECU is not signaling to the o2 sensor or it could be the wire has broken and not connected to the ECU anymore.

You can as well test the oxygen sensor to know if it still produces factory volts values, to really determine if actually the sensor has failed or not.

All these test above will have to be done with DMM (Digital MultiMeter), the one with milivolts feature, that cost more than the others. Maybe 2k or so.

Do you think you can carry out the test by yourself, if i guide you?

But i still need to know how many wires the o2 sensor in your car have.

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: Ikenn. Sienna , Niss Parts And Others Pls Read This O.abeg O by myke20: 2:57am On Oct 06, 2012
Ikenna351:

How many wires does your o2 sensor have?

If its 4, that means the sensor has heater. And to have the heater, it will need 12+ from relay to power the heater. You will need to find out if you are getting 12+ on any of the wires to the sensor.

You will also need to find out which of the wires is from ECU to the sensor (signal wire). o2 sensor signal wire should have about 0.65 volts, when tested, without connecting it to the sensor. if it doesn't have its own volts values, then the ECU is not signaling to the o2 sensor or it could be the wire has broken and not connected to the ECU anymore.

Bros I tire o. Pls where r u. D sensor has 4 wires sha but d millivolt fin go hard o. Abeg help me do am na. Where r u sef. But pls u can give me more info shaYou can as well test the oxygen sensor to know if it still produces factory volts values, to really determine if actually the sensor has failed or not.

All these test above will have to be done with DMM (Digital MultiMeter), the one with milivolts feature, that cost more than the others. Maybe 2k or so.

Do you think you can carry out the test by yourself, I

f i guide you?

But i still need to know how many wires the o2 sensor in your car have.

Ikenna
Re: Ikenn. Sienna , Niss Parts And Others Pls Read This O.abeg O by myke20: 2:59am On Oct 06, 2012
Bros I tire o. Pls where r u. D sensor has 4 wires sha but d millivolt fin go hard o. Abeg help me do am na. Where r u sef. But pls u can give me more info sha. Will be grateful joor o
Re: Ikenn. Sienna , Niss Parts And Others Pls Read This O.abeg O by cretin: 5:49am On Oct 06, 2012
myke20: @ cretin one rewire siad dat d sensor might be good and dat it is not transmitting current or sumfin like dat sha. So dats y I'm confused

the sensor could be good and the heater bad...it still wudnt work...u can check the resistance of the sensor and the heater...thats a simpler approach...first use the meter to check the resistance of ur good sensor, then check the bad one....u will see the difference, its normally the heater that goes bad....same thing happened to me...u still gotta buy a new sensor if its just the heater section that is bad
Re: Ikenn. Sienna , Niss Parts And Others Pls Read This O.abeg O by myke20: 8:27am On Oct 07, 2012
@ cretin thankss. So lemme just change d sensor na abi since even if its d heater dat is bad I will still change d sensor
Re: Ikenn. Sienna , Niss Parts And Others Pls Read This O.abeg O by tampa1871: 6:49pm On Oct 07, 2012
Siena:

Hey, don't pick on the guy. They ARE one and the same. Lambda Sond, O2 Sensor, Lambda Probe, Oxygen sensor. What you pull with your scanner depends on what scanner you use, and what ECM you're reading.

Or what do you think the difference is between what you've posted - air / fuel sensor, and O2 sensor? O2 = Oxygen. Air = 21% Oxygen.
Thank God for you Mr. Siena, we are getting all these services/experience for free, I am a fan for life. I also thank Seun for this forum, God bless you all.

1 Like

Re: Ikenn. Sienna , Niss Parts And Others Pls Read This O.abeg O by cretin: 8:32pm On Oct 08, 2012
yes!

myke20: @ cretin thankss. So lemme just change d sensor na abi since even if its d heater dat is bad I will still change d sensor
Re: Ikenn. Sienna , Niss Parts And Others Pls Read This O.abeg O by myke20: 4:25am On Oct 09, 2012
HmmMmm grin
Re: Ikenn. Sienna , Niss Parts And Others Pls Read This O.abeg O by myke20: 12:02am On Oct 11, 2012
grin
Re: Ikenn. Sienna , Niss Parts And Others Pls Read This O.abeg O by myke20: 7:15am On Oct 12, 2012
wink

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Documents To Look Out For When Buying A Used Vehicle? / Car Races / Custom Officers And Registered Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.