Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,047 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

What Kind Of Christian Am I? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Kind Of Christian Am I? (828 Views)

What Kind Of Pastor Is This? / What Kind Of Christian Am I? / Am A Christian, Am Not A Terrorist! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Kind Of Christian Am I? by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 03, 2012
Pls who can define my own type of Christianity? I mean is it ok, or would people consider me an unserious christian?

1. I believe in God and his son Jesus.

2. I get confused about the trinity and not sure what to make of it.

3. I believe that God created us uniquely but really doesn't interfere in our affairs. He has given us 100% power. Therefore i don't believe in miracles. I don't believe Christians will enjoy any special favour on earth more than non Christians. I believe the reward is in heaven.

4. I don't go to church every Sunday but when i do, i want to hear a very good message. I like moving Christian songs, one that can stir the spirit.
I don't believe in tithes. I see it as a scam from pastors. I believe in helping the church though. I don't mind donating stuffs, musical equipment, tv, printers etc. I also believe strongly in giving to people.

5. I have read the bible end to end. I don't really think it necessary to keep reading it everyday. however if i need to see what the bible says on an issue, i just go look it up.

6. I don't believe in disturbing others with my religion. I let it known that i am a christian but i don't go pestering people that they must repent or become Christians etc. I have close Muslim friends and atheist friends and i respect their views. I even prefer some to my christian friends. The personality is what matters to me.

7. I believe more in morality and rationality. For example i believe not smoking or doing drugs is better avoided for moral or health reasons. I'm not one to see it as sinful. Although i believe stuff like adultery is morally and spiritually wrong.

8. I hate traditional deity stuff, I believe that serving a wood, stone or whatever is senseless.

9. I don't believe that witches, demons etc are powerful. Maybe they are powerful to harm those who go dedicating their lives to them but i don't believe they have power to harm the ordinary man, christian or not except he goes dabbling into the occult and stuff.

Sometimes i wonder if I'm being a 'normal' Christians as other Christians think i am not. Wifey, parents, siblings, friends etc all think i am not a proper christian.
Re: What Kind Of Christian Am I? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 03, 2012
Aqva: Pls who can define my own type of Christianity? I mean is it ok, or would people consider me an unserious christian?

1. I believe in God and his son Jesus.

2. I get confused about the trinity and not sure what to make of it.

3. I believe that God created us uniquely but really doesn't interfere in our affairs. He has given us 100% power. Therefore i don't believe in miracles. I don't believe Christians will enjoy any special favour on earth more than non Christians. I believe the reward is in heaven.

4. I don't go to church every Sunday but when i do, i want to hear a very good message. I like moving Christian songs, one that can stir the spirit.
I don't believe in tithes. I see it as a scam from pastors. I believe in helping the church though. I don't mind donating stuffs, musical equipment, tv, printers etc. I also believe strongly in giving to people.

5. I have read the bible end to end. I don't really think it necessary to keep reading it everyday. however if i need to see what the bible says on an issue, i just go look it up.

6. I don't believe in disturbing others with my religion. I let it known that i am a christian but i don't go pestering people that they must repent or become Christians etc. I have close Muslim friends and atheist friends and i respect their views. I even prefer some to my christian friends. The personality is what matters to me.

7. I believe more in morality and rationality. For example i believe not smoking or doing drugs is better avoided for moral or health reasons. I'm not one to see it as sinful. Although i believe stuff like adultery is morally and spiritually wrong.

8. I hate traditional deity stuff, I believe that serving a wood, stone or whatever is senseless.

9. I don't believe that witches, demons etc are powerful. Maybe they are powerful to harm those who go dedicating their lives to them but i don't believe they have power to harm the ordinary man, christian or not except he goes dabbling into the occult and stuff.

Sometimes i wonder if I'm being a 'normal' Christians as other Christians think i am not. Wifey, parents, siblings, friends etc all think i am not a proper christian.

Wifey,parents, friends define a proper christian to be............................

(1) (Reply)

Three Levels Of Greatness To Operate In 2013 / What Does The Holy Books Really Say About Alcohol?? / Rccg Open Heavens Devotion Wednesday 10th April Dress Up! By Pastor E. A. Adeboy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.