Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,887 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:44 AM

Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) - Events (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) (35514 Views)

52-Year-Old Woman Marries In Salvation Ministry (Photos) / Jos Holds Mass Wedding For 52 Couples! (Photos) / Pictures Of Nigeria@52 Celebration In My Locality. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by achi4u(m): 4:43pm On Oct 03, 2012
yeah! fearful pix....on the part of those lions
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by Demdem(m): 4:45pm On Oct 03, 2012
WTF shocked shocked shocked shocked
Chicken has a cage of its own

Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by Pataki: 4:48pm On Oct 03, 2012
Una for rent OBJ put for this zoo na. Dis one wey u dey show picture of "adie" so.

But is this the zoo GEJ worked on to bag his PhD? Naija I hail oh!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by Okijajuju1(m): 4:57pm On Oct 03, 2012
THESE PICTURES OF TOURIST BEACH, they are dedicated to all the generations of the 80s and 90s in Rivers State.. Tourist beach wasnt technically a beach but it had so much entertainment for us while growing up.. In its hay days, there was always a show at tourist beach every friday evenings.. I was hoping against hope when I drove here on Independence day..This is all that is left of Port-Harcourt tourist beach

Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by Okijajuju1(m): 4:59pm On Oct 03, 2012
More.. Port-Harcourt Tourist Beach..

Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by Okijajuju1(m): 5:02pm On Oct 03, 2012
Still.. Port-Harcourt Tourist BeachTo those of you who remember, Tourist beach use to have a mini Zoo back in the days and boast of quite a decent collection of Animals.. Infact, I remember that at tourist beach, you had to look down so you dont step on a crab while you walking.. The place is worse than Port-Harcourt Zoo!

Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by Okijajuju1(m): 5:04pm On Oct 03, 2012
These areThe last pictures from myNIGERIA@ 52 celebrations

Behold whats left of Port-Harcourt Tourist Beach ZOO!

Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by Okijajuju1(m): 5:06pm On Oct 03, 2012
I really hope say Una Enjoy the pictures... MY NEXT PHOTO THREAD will be on my TRIP TO NATIONAL MUSEUM CALABAR I tried to gather a few shots from that trip.. #OYA COMMENTS!!
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by Demdem(m): 5:09pm On Oct 03, 2012
^^^^

U try, Kudos. But where is that tourist beach located?
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by Lexusgs430: 5:16pm On Oct 03, 2012
Animals must hold humans accountable, for calling this thing a zoo!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by Okijajuju1(m): 5:16pm On Oct 03, 2012
Demdem: ^^^^

U try, Kudos. But where is that tourist beach located?

PORT-HARCOURT TOWN Borokiri Area.. Close to Nigerian Navy Secondary School AKASO!
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by stunna2(m): 5:17pm On Oct 03, 2012
I see a lot of decay and degradetion and this Sir Okija, is probably expecting or was expecting us to hail the mediocrity but he has been given enough punishing rebuke so I will stop!

I must say however that your personal effort is better than the final product (target places!)

Anyways it has way more stuff than what I saw in Benin zoo the last I was there 8years ago! (I was Persuaded not to go a few months ago I was in town)

Hey, my Lady was just wondering if we just saw a pigeon or a Dove inside a zoo in one of your pictures! Pls don't kill us with laughter this morning ooo, oga Juju man!!
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by Okijajuju1(m): 5:19pm On Oct 03, 2012
$tunna:
I see a lot of decay and degradetion and this Sir Okija, is probably expecting or was expecting us to hairl the mediocrity but he has been giving enough punishing rebuke so I will stop!

I must say however that your personal effort is better than the final product (target places!)

Anyways it has way more stuff than what I say in Benin zoo the last I was there 8years ago!

My Lady was just wondering if we just say a pigeon or a Dove inside a zoo in one of your pictures! Pls don't kill us with laughter this morning ooo, oga Juju man!!

I dont quite get you sir.. All I did was drive to the Zoo to bring you guys pictures of what Port-Harcourt Zoo looks like.. I had no motive except to show the decay of the place and how people still go there despite the rot!
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 03, 2012
What are chickens and pigeons looking for inside a zoo?

And why is that small crocodile surrounded by filth and empty cans and kpangolos

Chei! If I was any of those animals, I will commit suicide embarassed

Look at the appalling conditions under which they live.

Chei! cry
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by stunna2(m): 5:22pm On Oct 03, 2012
Okija_juju:

I dont quite get you sir.. All I did was drive to the Zoo to bring you guys pictures of what Port-Harcourt Zoo looks like.. I had no motive except to show the decay of the place and how people still go there despite the rot!

Like I said ur effort is appreciated and is better than the product we saw!
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by Ganys: 5:27pm On Oct 03, 2012
Okija_juju: NEXT!!!! The Port-Harcourt city Zoo Museum Now for those of you who grew up in Port-Harcourt like myself, there is a myth surrounding the Lions in this picture.. They were said to have been shocked to death and stored in the museum after the Lions killed their white Zoo keeper...
I guess Our Presido did his IT here
Correct me if im Rightwinkwink
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 03, 2012
Okija_juju:

It must've been a very traumatic experience for your kids cry

Please next time, instead of trying to prove a point on nairaland and in the process causing a traumatic experience for your kids, take them to an amusement park instead. wink

That zoo odikwa egwu! grin
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 03, 2012
Even the animals are facing hard times..
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 03, 2012
mazaje: Where the animals na?. . .Abi na the human beings be the animals?. . .
them don use the animals do pepper-soup. Snake pepper-soup, crocodile pepper-soup, lion pepper-soup, elephant pepper-soup...and lots more. So, don't look for the animals incase
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by Jamji: 5:34pm On Oct 03, 2012
pDude: What are chickens and pigeons looking for inside a zoo?

And why is that small crocodile surrounded by filth and empty cans and kpangolos

who cares? we are just waiting for the dude to mature so we can slice up some meat grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by Okijajuju1(m): 5:36pm On Oct 03, 2012
pDude:

It must've been a very traumatic experience for your kids cry

Please next time, instead of trying to prove a point on nairaland and in the process causing a traumatic experience for your kids, take them to an amusement park instead. wink

That zoo odikwa egwu! grin

Bros!! I thought to take them to lunch at one of our favorite restaurants, but the place does not open on Monday!! I went to the Cinemas.. MY GOD!!! See people... And Silverbird Cinema Air-conditioning barely ever works!! So I decided to take them to the Zoo & Tourist beach which were the places my Father use to take us to as children.. They liked it in a 'WTF is this' type of way! Sadly, in Port-Harcourt, there are no fun places to take your kids to on Christmas, New years and any other holiday!
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 03, 2012
Mehn, Nigeria is one dirty toilet.

Look at the environment, the walls, the garbage on the ground. . . .so dirty.

So unkempt. O ma se.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 03, 2012
Please, where is the water for the alligator?
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 03, 2012
Okija_juju:

Bros!! I thought to take them to lunch at one of our favorite restaurants, but the place does not open on Monday!! I went to the Cinemas.. MY GOD!!! See people... And Silverbird Cinema Air-conditioning barely ever works!! So I decided to take them to the Zoo & Tourist beach which were the places my Father use to take us to as children.. They liked it in a 'WTF is this' type of way! Sadly, in Port-Harcourt, there are no fun places to take your kids to on Christmas, New years and any other holiday![/b]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

*Fall from a yam tree* cheesy
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by Nobody: 5:43pm On Oct 03, 2012
achi4u: So,this hard time dey touch animals.
see living dead tortise.

Okija,wetin dat tort(ise don comot)gringrin
grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 03, 2012
This is the water for the alligaor?
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

It looks so untouched. . . .even the alligator no wan die!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/840401_Eindependence_dayCroc_Habitat_jpg4bacf6e15a34083489c907b37efd8ead

The alligator prefers living on land than committing suicide

www.nairaland.com/attachments/840400_Eindependence_dayCrocodile_jpg254bf90dd102d67f165bc572b2270ae4

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 03, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

So unkempt. O ma se.

My sister, the noodles I just ate almost came out; looking at the amount of filth and decay. Chei! Naija sha cry
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 03, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
This is the water for the alligaor?
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

It looks so untouched. . . .even the alligator no wan die!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/840401_Eindependence_dayCroc_Habitat_jpg4bacf6e15a34083489c907b37efd8ead

The alligator prefers living on land than committing suicide

www.nairaland.com/attachments/840400_Eindependence_dayCrocodile_jpg254bf90dd102d67f165bc572b2270ae4

Choi! grin grin grin grin grin grin

*Falls from carrot tree* grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 03, 2012
grin grin grin. I like this comedic Zoo celebration.
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 03, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

So unkempt. O ma se.
That is the truth and reality! Wow!
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by dasparrow: 6:01pm On Oct 03, 2012
@Post

Thanks for sharing these pictures. You try. However, I cannot understand why there is so much filth and decay. The beach is filthy, the zoo was filthy and my heart bleeds for those zoo animals. I don't think I have ever seen a zoo that filthy in my entire life before but then again, all the zoos I have ever visited were in Europe and USA.

I think that in Nigeria, we don't know how to take proper care of animals, both domesticated animals like our dogs and cats and exotic/wild animals like the ones I saw in these pictures. We see animals as food and nothing more. For those of you who profess to be Christians, the bible admonishes us to take good care of the animals. Proverbs 12:10 (NIV) says: "The righteous care for the needs of their animals but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel." Then again, the average Nigerian does not even take good care of their children sired from their loins much less an animal. That will be asking for too much.

We also lack a maintenance culture in Nigeria. We don't maintain our buildings both public and private, we don't clean up our surroundings, everywhere is just filth, filth and more filth. Why do I get a feeling that most Nigerians are filthy people? I mean, look at our environment, everything is just decaying. Almost the whole country looks like one big dump. God is not going to come down from heaven and help we Nigerians if we are not going to help ourselves. No wonder most Nigerians are not Godly people either. Cleanliness they say is next to Godliness. How can we be Godly when we live in such filth?!
Re: Nigeria@52 Celebration In Port-Harcourt Zoo (Photos) by Demdem(m): 6:19pm On Oct 03, 2012
Okija_juju:

PORT-HARCOURT TOWN Borokiri Area.. Close to Nigerian Navy Secondary School AKASO!

Ok got that. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Uk-based Nigerian Couple Kick Against Omicron Travel Ban After N8m Wedding Plans / Wedding Invitation Card Of A Warri Couple Written In Pidgin English / From Makydebbie With Love- Dear Tales; The Unveiling (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.